Capital One

Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 2,404 reviews matching the search
Productive Culture
Creative Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to work, excellent culture and treatment of Contract employees. I would highly recommend to anyone to apply for full-time or contract here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at work was read all updates to make sure nothing changed. Check calendar for meetings scheduled for the day.Management always made it a fun place to work, even when they had to get on us they did it in a respectful way. My co workers were great and always willing to help. The worst part of the job was sometimes not being able to help our customers due to policies or procedures.
Pros
Always had what I needed to do my job.
Cons
Headset so couldnt move alot
Great Company to work for just wasnt for me
Mid and Late Stage Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Collections isnt for everyone and it wasnt for me! I dont have the assertive forceful attitude you need to be a collections agent.
Outstanding
Senior Department Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORFebruary 3, 2016
Capital One embodies a very customer and associate focused culture and environment. The company has outstanding training, support, development and leadership.
Sr. Process Manager, Recoveries and Collections (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 2, 2016
Capital One is a great place to work and it has amazing benefits and work life balance. Flexible work hours and you have the ability to work from home.
Interesting and fun
Senior Risk Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 1, 2016
There was never a dull moment at Capital One. My co-workers were absolutely wonderful. We always worked as a team and encouraged one another to do better, grow as a person and within the company. They had great health insurance and compensation. I worked in late stage collections which was challenging to overcome due to the customers circumstances at times. Overall, an awesome place to work.
Great launching pad for new corporate employees
Executive Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2016
Capital One is an extremely energetic company that bases is success off its devoted employees. They put the employees needs first, which in turn is a direct reflection on the customer. Lots of energetic people always around to keep you motivated.
Pros
4 weeks of vacation to start out with
Cons
Sometimes to big of an environment that you can get lost in
Capital one
Bilingual Fraud Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 1, 2016
Capital one is a great environment to work at. From employees to management everyone there is great. I enjoyed my time at capital one.
A very good company to work for and to grow with.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 31, 2016
A very good company to work for and to grow with. Has very good benefits.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers and talking to customers. I am a team player.
Good Place to have fun with work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2016
Very good place to work.
Learned a lot like teamwork skills.
grown as a person personally and professionally
Management has given us chances to explore and let us grow
Great company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2016
amazing bank to work in have had the most wonderful years of my career in this bank. They truly liv their values and have a way of just making it feel as if you worked with family.
Pros
great culture
Cons
career growth
Great benefits. Poor management and lack of diversity
Manager, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Expectations are unrealistic. Company does not follow Agile or Six Sigma standard processes. They have made up their own version and its not uniform across the company. Leadership does not communication amongst each other or to associates. No diversity in the company...very apparent
No comment
Collector/Credit Card Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 27, 2016
I am not at all interested in participating in giving an opinion on past employers be it negative or positive. I hope your company understands this decision.
Pleasent experience
Senior Ops Prod Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 27, 2016
My years with Capital One was a wonderful growing experience. Made each day a pleasure. Insured that all employees truly had work life balance.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and Fun work to place with many advancement opportunities
Funding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy the competitive nature of the job and the friendly atmosphere with co-workers and upper management. The fast paced and highly detailed role as a funding analyst has developed my skills to move onto a advanced position.
Extremely nice work environrment with room for growth
Skip Tracer /Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Very well designed company with many perks to take advantage of, nice environment with vibrant people, great benefits given and top notch treatment of their workers.
very fun and happy environemnt
Senior Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Capital One was a very fun environment to work in. The management was great and the employees were a blast to work with. This company taught me a lot.
Great Benefits, ever-changing environment
Senior Operations Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 25, 2016
I've had several different roles while employed at Capital One. I work in bank office bank and support multiple customer service teams. In addition to paperwork, my job requires that I communicate with a varied amount of teams throughout Capital One including general customer service, customer advocacy, and the Office of the President. While a good deal of my communications take place within Capital One's internal system, I also provide correspondence with attorneys and state agencies to ensure that our process is compliant to current laws and banking regulations. My job allows me to develop my analytical skills as our team must always pivot to accommodate changing financial regulations and customer needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is breaking apart complicated situations and figuring out solutions. I've been disappointed in the management on my team because it has changed so often making policies and procedures inconsistent. I've learned a great deal during my time at Capital One including valuable tools in business process management and lean management.
Pros
great benefits, and paid time off options
Cons
hard to stand out in such a large crowd, I do not like the inconsistencies between the bank and credit cards organizations
Efficient environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 25, 2016
•Processed deposits, transfers, withdrawals, and other bank related transactions
•Held liable for assigned cash which must be maintained and balanced
•Identified and referred sales opportunities to relationship bankers
•Delivered excellent customer service to ensure a quality customer experience with every client
The hardest part of this job was lifting the coin bags from the coin machine. I was held responsible for the coin machine and when the bags were full, I had to maneuver in limited space to lift 20 pound bags. What I enjoyed the most was interacting with my customers.
Fun and productive work environment promoted
Senior Advocacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 23, 2016
Capital One promoted a fun work environment. The company assisted employees with learning new skills and taking on additional responsibilities.

A typical work day in the position of Senior Advocacy Coordinator consisted of assisting front line agents and cardholders with escalated situations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with empathetic listening assisted in solving issues within company guidelines while maintaining customer satisfaction. Provided supervisor assistance to front line agents in need of solutions to difficult issues and accepted supervisor requests. Maintained daily spreadsheets of agents and cardholders assisted, problems and solutions

The managers at Capital One brought several different types of management styles to the team. There were opportunities for those who wanted them to advance to management with proven performance. The Capital One employees are some of the most supportive and team orientated I have worked with.

The best part of working for Capital One was co-workers and compensation.
Pros
Co-workers, supervisor experience, empowerment, and compensation
Cons
n/a