Capital One Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,684 reviews matching the search
Fun Place to Be
Sr. Coordinator, Customer Care Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 26, 2016
Work hard and play harder! Capital One Auto Finance has some of the best days. Teams bond and have fun together about once a quarter (some departments monthly). It is a great place to work!
Pros
Decent Pay, ability to move up
Depends on where you work, internal politics is huge
Technical Delivery Lead (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 25, 2016
Depending on location and manager, internal politics might kill you. It is a progressive company in a lot of senses. In last few years lots of positive changes have happened, but if you are an existing employee, it is a struggle to get what new employees are paid coming in now.
Great benefits, holidays off, great management
Pre-Repo Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74117July 23, 2016
Inbound / Outbound calls to obtain payment on seriously delinquent accounts. Provide payment options to bring accounts current within a specific time frame.

Offer tools that fit the customer needs.
Pros
Health Benefits, cafeteria on site, good work schedule.
Cons
Little to no hands on training, collections in general
Great Compensation and Work/Life Balance with Daycare
Principal Extended Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2016
Working at Capital One is great. Great compensation and benefits. Management is easy going and offer a lot of team building activities to get away from work.
Pros
Onsite amenities like gym and doctor
Cons
no job security
overall a good company
TELLER (Former Employee) –  clearview, nyJuly 22, 2016
its a great place to work for, good team mates. they gave a chance to all the team members within the branch to meet with the district managers and have a one on one breakfast meeting.
Good laid back environment
Sr. Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2016
Good place to work.
Well balanced
Good people
Easy job
Good management
Capital One does a very good job at training you for the job
Pros
Easy Job Laid back environment
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work.
Back Up Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Frederick MdJuly 22, 2016
Over all it is a fun and fulfilling place to work. The hours are okay and so is the pay. I have learned so many new things from this job. example how to run a vault daily or how to open up new accounts. The management is very helpful although when you ask for help at times they just give you the run around. meaning if they dont know they send you to another person and so on.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
you are expected to know everything, and get very little in the way of training.
Benefits are the best part
Funding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 21, 2016
I was with cap one almost two years and enjoyed my first year, but when trying to promote, it's about who you kissed up to and who you know, not what your performance proves. Some management are only there for the same reason, and are somehow not held to the same standards. Company overall is great, but without a great management system, even the best employees will fail.
Account management
Loss Mitigation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 20, 2016
make and receive calls concerning account payments and arrangements. Set up options for customers to return property as soon as possible.
Great Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bunkie, LAJuly 19, 2016
Working as a teller, one of the good things about Capital One was the work/life balance and having your vacation days not taken from you. That allow you time to actually plan things outside of work. There are advancement opportunities but there on the bases of if and when someone leaves and usually they'll already have some else in mind before interviewing, depending on the position. Overall my experience was nice and all recommend it.
Excellent benefits and pay. I absolutely loved the people i worked with no matter what group or department i networked with. excellent team
Account Management Specialty Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2016
Loved the job, customers, completed workers, my team and Department. I loved my job. Missed personal leave time at end of employment due to daughter terminally I'll and her death. Received cooperation and empathy in that situation and I was very grateful for that. I left however since over 5 years if I could have gotten on ai compromiseable shift for mine and business needs I would not have had to take leave. Which resulted in no pay, bonuses, raises, shift bids or vacations now rolling into second calendar early. All of this while having one of best metric times in my department and EXCELLENT NPS surveys while in cuss. Along with 14 months of quality assurance and surveys all great range conducted with 75% of my computer systems did not even give me authorization to use after management knowing this was an issue yet it was counted against me in quality assurance. However I still managed to maintain above average or standards for depart with these road blocks yet I could not get hours to best suit my daughters medical needs which could have worked better than it ended up working out with business needs. My previous cuss management Jay, melody, time, Taylor etc would gave been proactive and compromised best for all needs. I love capital one though! The company has Ben masterly engineered by an intuitive visionary rich Fairbank. Marketing has been unbelievable. I say the company should be more proactive but so difficult with such amazing and phenomenal growth. Recent focuses on customer digital experiences and security offered by cap one to customers is phenomenal   more... along with the heart of service reps. I love the people!!!  less
Pros
Employees are fabulous, loved them all, customers are also fabulous for majority a lot are long term, established and understanding of processes
Cons
So many at same levels all trying to advance, youngest have advantages in many ways versus experience, constantly goal switch reactive at times in lieu of proactive analysis and consistent planning.
unproductive
Teller (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 18, 2016
bank would get very busy. management was unfair. coworkers were ok. most enjoyable was dealing with customers. Hardest was dealing with management
good company
Senior Coordinator/Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2016
It is a good company and good benefits. We're fun working there. The company provides a lot of training to employee. It is a good company working there
learning and improving skill set
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 17, 2016
Everything was good for learning , good if you want to be on a cutting edge technologies and great employee satisfaction
Fun and productive place to work
Human Resources (HR) Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2016
Sadly due to automation, my role was eliminated. But it was a great 20 years

Fast paced, multitasking self starter managed restrictive covenant program
Pros
Networking Free Food Great People
Cons
Parking
Great Company
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2016
Capital One is a great company to work for. Of course every department is different and because it is such a large company sometimes you can feel like a little fish in a large ocean. There are a lot of great people there and you learn a lot! I have learned things are what you make it at times.
Pros
Great vacation time!
Cons
Hard to advance
Best Company I have ever worked for.
Closing Team Lead - Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2016
Its hard to find a company that cares as much about the employees, as they do about their customers. We have the best benefits, best culture and best peers in the business. I am very fortunate to work for such an outstanding company.
Pros
Lunch bought for us, company fun days, onsite doctors, onsite gym with trainers, great pay
Cons
So many managers, so many processes, so much red tape to get through before making positive changes to the areas that we need so badly.
great place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 16, 2016
This company epitimises , great work life . I was always happy here .
At the time i was laid off , i was just sad to not be here any more because i loved being here. Great senior Management great coworkers. Customers loved banking with cap one.
Pros
great company
Great
customer service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
Answer inbound calls from customers who have general account inquiries, requests to negotiate terms, such as APR or credit limit, or close their account. Provide customer service and use consultative sales techniques to retain customers. Use computer programs to view account specific information, and document any changes to the customer's account.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory half lunches
Fun and Productive place to work
Funding (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2016
Capital One is an excellent company the drives on our customers while balancing work/life culture. Amazing campus amenities : gym, cafes, health center. Amazing benefits that seems to supersede most companies. Starting off with vacation upfront and increases with tenor.
Pros
Amazing benefits, They solicit feedback: ( truly care about the employees), Paid holidays, Incentives to live and be well.
Cons
Growth opportunities. The internal process for promotions seems to be flawed. Salary is low.