Capital One
1,637 reviews

Capital One Employer Reviews

Great benefits
High Risk Funding Analyst (Former Employee), Plano TxDecember 16, 2014
Vacation is good, but depending on your department, getting time off can be competitive. Many great long time managers. Forward thinking company, cares about associate development.
Productive and great workplace
Principal Operations Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Northeast RegionDecember 16, 2014
Pros: job work/life balance
This is a great place to work at because it is a fast-paced environment with many opportunities for growth. The people are great!
worked on collecting on small business loans
Commercial Adjuster II (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 16, 2014
worked with the small companies collecting on small business loans
Great Work Environment
Broker Service Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: employee friendly
Cons: n/a
Capital One was one of the best companies I've worked for. The management staff really looked out for the line level employees
Trying workforce
Customer Service - Application support (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORDecember 15, 2014
I have found this company to be very structured and very detailed. Which is good to have structure however, didn't seem to accept people in how they communicate and behave independently.
I hate open floor plans
Statistician/Sr. SAS Programmer (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 15, 2014
It was great before the open floor plans became the norm. I can't focus when I can hear a dozen conversations going on around me and I can't produce the results they expect if I can't focus. Working from home is given lip service, but I didn't seem to get any credit for the work I did do from home, which was more that what I could accomplish in the – more... noisy workplace. – less
The team at Capital One Bank was a fun group & I enjoyed each of them
Tape Librarian/ Operator (Former Employee), North Fork Bank/ Capital One BankDecember 13, 2014
Pros: benifits were terriffic
Cons: because there were only a handful of personal in the branch, it was difficult to get time off
I enjoyed my co-workers, we shared our food and and worked together as a team.

The hardest part of the job was to sell some of the products
Unique work environment, as intellectually rigorous as it is collaborative.
Sales and Service Coach/Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2014
We’re an award-winning employer and Top 10 Bank. Capital One started as an information strategy company specializing in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for people who want to give customers smarter – more... ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money. Our sights are set on pushing the frontiers of financial services into the digital age.

Our success lies in our unique work environment, as intellectually rigorous as it is collaborative. At Capital One, you will start contributing immediately, working alongside your colleagues to redefine our industry. Capital One’s drive to innovate, test boundaries, set high standards, and then surpass them is what spurs our best-in-class products and services. Plus, we’re committed to being a great place to work, offering both career development as well as work/life balance.

Some things I love about working at Capital One:

• Super smart people work here doing amazing things
• Growing company (#127 on the Fortune 500)
• We’re a company with a soul: Capital One Investing for Good
• Work / life flexibility including work from home
• Business casual work environment
• One of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For
• Room to grow professionally – less
My typical day
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: committees
Cons: no growth/advancement
I worked billing disputes and talked to customer's about their disputes. I worked the second part of billing disputes, when the merchant provided the information. I learned a lot about disputes and how to make the customer know that we were their advocate during this sometimes difficult process.
Fine as long as you do not get Brittany 4 a supe
FRAUD INTAKE COORDINATOR, Personal Account Manager (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: management
Training was disorganized by whoever wrote it. Presenter just followed the plan. Co workers jump on you for doing something incorrectly even though you have been there 2 weeks and are still learning. You have to score 84% on your monitored calls monthly (5 per month) to earn extra $$ and ( what they didn't mention until the last day) keep your job. – more... Chances of getting the extra $$ are slim because they are evasive on if everyone who passes 84% will be paid. There is nothing in writing. They say there is no script, but you get a bad score for saying this before that. My supe is/was OCD (according to her ) and she is correct. It interferes with her doing her job. She never sent me the calls and the password so I could listen to my calls, despite me asking repeatedly. She set me up because she has no management skills and thinks acting this way is good. My supe sends inappropriate, unprofessional, critical emails, then waits to hi five each team member when she leaves for the day. I am currently working somewhere else and out of 20 people 10 are formerly C O employees. No opportunities to transfer even though they tout it. Always laying off people or looking for a way to fire. Just before I started, there was a story on tv how 200 people were dismissed. – less
Gre
Loan Processor II (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: the opportunities provided to advance within your department.
I enjoyed working at Fairway because everyone is respectful of each individual person privacy, and it is more family oriented.
Productive and fun envoriment
Inbound customer svc rep (Former Employee), plano,txDecember 8, 2014
short term position held through temp agency,very fun place open for great oppurtunties, enjoyed assisting customers with solving there problems. Staff was very welcoming including management.
IT Consultant
IT Consultant Strategic Staffing Solutions (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 8, 2014
Pros: remote possibilities
I have nothing to write about regarding Capital One, except it's a great place to work.
Great part of my past
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), conroe, txDecember 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: none that i care to mention.
One of my building blocks. Taught me alot about corporations.
RUN FORREST RUN
Teller 1 (Former Employee), Somewhere in Louisiana on the WestbankDecember 7, 2014
Cons: everything
Omg they expect you to know what to do in 3 weeks times Very stressful Morale was low Co workers were gossipy and really messy No one was happy Customers were rude You work 6&1/2 hours with no break you work almost 10 hours sometimes with a 30 min break Someone needs to call the labor board because this company is a mess.......I only worked there for – more... a month and wanted to jump into oncoming traffic....,,,, – less
Excellent culture
Recruiter (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 5, 2014
Employees lived and promoted values on daily basis. Great team to work with.
Friendly Environment
Field Technician Unisys Technical Services (Former Employee), Fairfax VA. MD Lanham all over the USADecember 4, 2014
Pros: they do have their own cafeteria you don't have to go out of the building
Cons: must people came to your office to ask questions they never call.
Working at the Head Quarters as I was has been nice you deal with professionals individuals, you don't have to mention any explanation giving to workers twice once and that was it, not like other companies I have work that some people don't have any idea to what their doing.

The head quarters is located at County of Fairfax Virginia
Fun culture
Project Manager intern (Former Employee), richmond, virginiaDecember 3, 2014
Fun culture but as an entry job it doesn't really challenge you too much. Communication could be improved, but at company this large they do alright.
Fun, youthful, analytical environment
Sr. Process Manager/ Change Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 3, 2014
Cons: under paid according to market value
Capital One is a analytical persons dream destination. Within the organization there resides many great thinkers who are looking to make a difference within their respective roles and projects. With this you have various pockets of strategic execution teams, exceptional data miners, and very strong technology team. The management structure is one that – more... allows you to lead and carve out your next steps within your career. That is the part of the job that I loved the most. The ability utilize my drive, knowledge, and natural skills to build a brand for myself. – less
Great office culture, respective to employees and provides opportunites for developement and advancement
Senior Frontline Specialist (Current Employee), Glen AllenDecember 3, 2014
typically call center job. it was challenging to deal with unsatisfied customers at times but we usually had tools available to us to resolve service issues. members of leadership were interactive and very involved in daily operations. overall good place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best – Read more