Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 2,793 reviews matching the search
Best job ever, Best management ever
Virginia Personal Account Manager - Heavy Spend (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2016
Typical day I address customers needs, I have learned to be a real team player and actively listen to the customer. My coworkers are awesome and since they are virtual they are really awesome :} the hardest part of the job is when customers don't understand that kindness goes a long way, and the bonuses seem unattainable...the best part of the job i am home!!
Pros
laptop and 2 monitors provided, work at home position
Cons
pay
If only every company treated their employees like this.
Risk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 21, 2016
COAF is really a great company to work for. They work hard to keep morale high and really recognize and compensate you for your hard work. My only issue, is that you are reprimanded for things outside of your control (ie a customer cannot or will not pay). Other than that, I highly recommend this company. Not just for employment but for services, too.
Pros
hour lunch, employee festivities, awesome time off and insurance benefits, great management
Cons
held accountable for things outaide of your control
Working in Recovery with various office responsibilities
Process Coordinator I/Recovery (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2016
While at Capital One I was able to learn all of the skills that I possess today. I wrote policies and procedures, assisted with third party agencies to audit financial transactions, and work with internal employees to resolve account issues. Worked out of Excel and Word on a daily basis. Created PowerPoint presentation to give to all levels of management. Answer and return calls in a timely manner and reply to department specific emails.
Pros
Company and Benefits
Cons
Co-Workers Make Dealing With Not-So-Great Customers, Better!
Teller (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 11, 2016
Capital One is a great place to work. They generally do well for their employees. Sometimes they are put in tough spots, which trickles down the stress onto employees. The vacation time & benefits are great! And the coworkers, for the most part, are all great "normal" people.

Just, be ready to be a therapist for customers, even if you're not in the mood to hear about it!
Pros
People, PTO, Closed Sundays, Bonuses
Cons
Sales Part, Rude/Entitled Customers, Staffing is sometimes low
I enjoyed my job
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 8, 2016
I along with many others were laid off due to cutbacks in loan inventory. I worked there for close to 7 years and enjoyed everyday. I was happy to help my customers manage their loans and provide great customer service. I expanded my fields from customer service to underwriting and loan originations with this company. Capital One allowed me to grow and become more adjusted in my field.
Pros
work life balance and training
Cons
massive lay off inconsistent management
fun and exciting place to work with team activities
Hardship customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAAugust 24, 2016
On a daily basis you would be able to help hundreds of customers stay out of financial hardship by offering them long and short term viable programs designed to help in there specific situation, which makes the work you do all worth while and gives you a good feeling to be able to help others that have fallen on hard times
Pros
quarterly team outings
Cons
daily changes in laws that prohibit you from helping
Great place with a good balance of work/fun, good pay and very team oriented
File puller (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. Met great people in my department who were personable and helpful from day one. Management was strong and well organized. The company puts a lot of emphasis on team bonding and and offers creative incentives to improve production and have a little fun at the same time. The only thing I would change about my experience was the commute to and from. Awesome company overall.
Welcoming, fast-paced, demanding, and fun working environment.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Working at Capital One Bank has been an amazing experience for me. I have been in a fast paced teller role, at times alone, working through pressure effectively and efficiently all while have a great conversation with the customer. I've been a Relationship Banker where I build lasting financial relationships to help the customer short and long term. I've been in leadership roles where I lead the team successfully, perform duties, and make executive decisions on a Branch Manager level. Although sometimes the hours can be rough, I enjoy every bit of it.
Pros
Benefits, working environment, advancement opportunities
Cons
work great, grading calls and pressure not great
Fraud Account Supervisor for FAST dept (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2016
the job was fine but the pressure they put on you on our calls was enormous. instead of concentrating on the customer you had to make sure you hit everything the scorers were looking for. so your focus was on the grade not the customer. Good calls were graded as bad calls because you didn't apologize after each transaction even if the customer told you not to apologize just fix it. the customers would be more irate with you after the call because you had to make sure you hit all the points they wanted you to. but they would tell us in the meetings they weren't trying to make it a checklist type of call.
Best company I have ever worked for!!!!
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 4, 2016
The only reason i don't still work there is because they had to move out of state because the unemployment rate here is less than 2% and they could not get enough employees to fill the building. I would work for them again in a minute!!!
Pros
Awesome benefits, best values and they follow through on their promises to customers and employees!
Cons
they don't have an office near me anymore, so I don't have a job with them :(

Want to know more about Capital One?

Ask a question
Fun place to work for a short time
Project Manager, PMO (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 19, 2016
This company is offering fantastic facilities, great training opportunities, and allows for flexibility. However, it is a place where change is viewed as a good thing, so everything gets changed all the time. If you can handle 100% of changes all the time, that's a place for you. If you are looking for a stable career, that might not be the right one.
Pros
flexibility, facilities, training opportunities
Cons
leadership
The changes are ruining the workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2016
-I learned that the job is extremely sales driven and they want you to pressure customers into products if you are unsuccessful you get in trouble.
-There was an amazing manager but they had to move and leave the position, the manager that replaced them was from a closing branch, they were manipulative and secretly worked to get me fired. Higher ups didn't care what was taking place at the branch.
-The coworkers were amazing and very willing to help with everything. Once I was fired, 3 out of 4 of them quit because of management.
-The job for the most part was enjoyable. Working with customers and learning about banking was fun but promoting products to the same customers was difficult.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
Terrible management
Principal Corrdinator
Principal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 2, 2016
Begin to get set up and ready for the day. Taking calls in que and assisting customers with any questions, concerns, assist with any transfer funds, stop payment, find location of the nearest bank. I learned more of the internal and external banking processes. Loved the management support that I received there was floor a manager always available for support. My coworkers were always there to support and provide insight. The hardest part of the job was the time limit to provide stellar service quickly. Enjoyable part was hearing the customers so happy.
Pros
Team Culture
Cons
Time contraints
favoritism
Senior Operations Production Coordinator/Balancer (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 19, 2016
typical day at work are great with my fellow co workers. Their are game rooms with ping pong and pool table. I have learned that no matter how much you learn from each company you will always have new things to learn. I would say the most enjoyable part of the my job are the learning experience. My hardest part of my experience are the managements. Sometimes it's hard for them to understand and relate and to even listen to your ideas. When you do have a good ideas, they do not let the teams or their manager know that it came from a certain individual. Management and your team makes the department of any companies strive to be the best. Not just the one person.
Pros
seldomly we get a pizza lunch
Cons
Management does have an open door policy.
Awesome company to work for!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2016
I only had a short experience working for Capital One due to personal issues arrising during my employment but I would highly recommend working for this company. They not only have awesome training that is easy and fun going but the management are upbeat, friendly and approachable. You really are treated like family and the work environment it highly enjoyable and welcoming.
Like no where else I've worked - and that's a good thing
Data Analyst Manager/Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 10, 2016
I've been with Capital One for an embarassing number of years. I have loved almost every moment of it.

Sure the work is hard, and the hours can sometimes (sometimes) be long, but the rewards are well worth the effort.

Every day I feel like I've helped moved the mission and vision forward, every day I feel like I've learned something new.

I left once, and I came running back.
Fun place to work.
Back Up Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Frederick MdJuly 22, 2016
Over all it is a fun and fulfilling place to work. The hours are okay and so is the pay. I have learned so many new things from this job. example how to run a vault daily or how to open up new accounts. The management is very helpful although when you ask for help at times they just give you the run around. meaning if they dont know they send you to another person and so on.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
you are expected to know everything, and get very little in the way of training.
Best Company I have ever worked for.
Closing Team Lead - Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2016
Its hard to find a company that cares as much about the employees, as they do about their customers. We have the best benefits, best culture and best peers in the business. I am very fortunate to work for such an outstanding company.
Pros
Lunch bought for us, company fun days, onsite doctors, onsite gym with trainers, great pay
Cons
So many managers, so many processes, so much red tape to get through before making positive changes to the areas that we need so badly.
Fun and Productive place to work
Funding (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2016
Capital One is an excellent company the drives on our customers while balancing work/life culture. Amazing campus amenities : gym, cafes, health center. Amazing benefits that seems to supersede most companies. Starting off with vacation upfront and increases with tenor.
Pros
Amazing benefits, They solicit feedback: ( truly care about the employees), Paid holidays, Incentives to live and be well.
Cons
Growth opportunities. The internal process for promotions seems to be flawed. Salary is low.
Great Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bunkie, LAJuly 19, 2016
Working as a teller, one of the good things about Capital One was the work/life balance and having your vacation days not taken from you. That allow you time to actually plan things outside of work. There are advancement opportunities but there on the bases of if and when someone leaves and usually they'll already have some else in mind before interviewing, depending on the position. Overall my experience was nice and all recommend it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.