Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 4,052 reviews matching the search
Great work environment great people great company
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2017
One of the best work experiences of my professional career. Great people, great culture! Management promotes resources to think freely and challenge legacy processes for constant improvement. Company strives to do the right thing.
Ok
Lead Data Technician(Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2017
nothing bad nothing outstanding...pleasant experience overall working with many professionals but management could use more of a human element very robotic atmosphere.
Was a great place, changes caused me to look at the place a bit different
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 18, 2017
Great place to learn, awesome benefits as well as options to grow within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture the morale is always up.Everyday there's something going on in this place to lighten the stress of the calls. However ,the hardest part of the job is just when you think you know it all, there's something new a policy, system change, system down, technical support issues that cause call volumes to sky rocket.
Pros
work place culture and support
Cons
lay offs
Productive work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 18, 2017
A very fast paced job that required you to have a clear mind no matter how furious the customers were at the issues they encountered. Managers came by to make sure everyone who had any questions or concerns were correctly answered in a professional and timely manner.
Currently closing locations
Universal Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 18, 2017
Restructuring locations so currently closing branches
No sales goals in place
Strong customer focus
Good products
Great benifits
Hours are decent
Decent salary
Pros
Great benifits
Family oriented environment
Universal Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2017
I absolutely enjoy being an employee of Capital One. its a very generous company and also very family oriented. I appreciate that the company recognizes their hard working employees and will invest in you to ensure your success.
Pros
willing to work with employees one on one to create success
Cons
more serious employees
taking care of customers on a daily basis
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 17, 2017
Balanced Vault Daily/drawer.
Responsible for overseeing the teller line/training new tellers
taking care of the operations of the branch, daily monthly, yearly.
Getting prepared for the Audits of the branch. I love working with the customers and answering questions they may have.
Very Good Company
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 17, 2017
Capital One is a very good company to work for. The compensation and benefits is very fair. 99.9% of the people you will work with are good people and very easy to work with.

There is definitely a competitive culture, but one that spurs advancement and innovation; not one that creates overwhelming stress.
fun place
Operations Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 16, 2017
I learn the importance of time frames and working in large teams. The people I worked with were always helpful and extremely knowledgeable in their fields.
Good on be well programs
Senior Risk Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
Management needs improvements I was attacked like many other employees and when I asked for help from higher management I was told to "deal with it". I was in a very hostile environment and the director gave me the cold shoulder and ignored my emails.
Pros
Good insurance and 401K
Cons
Management needs work
temporary computer data entry - pleasant atmosphere to work
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 16, 2017
A typical day consisted of computer data entry work categorizing documents, bundling documents, checking, and filing; and periodically, scanning documents before categorizing and pulling documents from file to return to original source for further examination. What I learned was basically the job itself. Management was on the whole, non interfering. The work place culture was quite pleasant for a basically boring job. The hardest part of the job was that it was temporary and company decided to dissolve the document department. The work was absorbed by other departments. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was it's convenient location.
Pros
Job location was convenient
Cons
It was only temporary and tasks were limiting
Simply the best place to work in the U.S.
Master Platform Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 16, 2017
The culture is driven from the top; great work environment; great people. Flexible work hours, paid holidays, great benefits and great overall culture.
slow paced
Teller/Lead Teller Designee (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 16, 2017
This job was very slow.most days dragged out to be long and stressful. Sometimes hours where cut short. HARDLY EVER did management came out to help. wasn't organized.
nice workplace
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my years at Capital One. I began with ING, and after the crash, ING sold the bank to Capital One, so my job continued in senior management, I had great staff as well as great managers. I would highly suggest anyone accept a job there.
Pros
Rduced lunches, excellent PTO plan
Great company that appreciates its employees
Level III QA Processor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 16, 2017
Capital One was a great company for work for. You feel valued as an employee. The Home Loans division struggled compared to the auto and cards division of the company, so job security was always an issue. Capital One is a very diverse company and celebrates all cultures.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TX 78577August 15, 2017
Working at Capital One was the best experience I had working for a company.The company really care about their employees.The training to become a teller was great i was able to get a lot of experience.
Overall, solid company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2017
Overall, a solid company to work for.

Pros: Ability to work from home, great team dynamics, occasional catered breakfasts/lunches/coffee carts, ping pong table, transportation/parking stipend, open door policy

Cons: Not a very competitive pay. If you're promoted within you receive a raise quite a bit less than if you were applying for the same position from the outside. A bit difficult to move up in the company.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Certified Banker (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 15, 2017
Very exciting work environment. It was informative to watch the company transition into such a digital space. The managers and district managers were all very helpful as well.
Fun work enviroment
Back-Up Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 15, 2017
Great learning experience, great working team. overall the vacation hours provided to part timers were awesome. 401k was amazing aswell. Increase in pay was pretty horrible.
Great Company
Director, Enterprise Voice Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 15, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.