1,557 reviews

Capital One Employer Reviews

Data Analysis Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
Work as an intern was tough and technical, but the program is worth going through. The amount of knowledge gained in financial services from senior executives really helps. And also you get to use the impeccable facilities.
Great Company with Strong Senior Leadership
Principal Process Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Great company to work for with solid fundamentals. Capital One is definitely an industry leader in many ways.
Values
Lead Teller (Sr. Coordinator) (Current Employee), KuykendahlOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits & compensation
Cons: my job doesn't challenge me.
The hardest part about my job is not only am I responsible for me to reach my commitments, I'm also in charge of making sure my team is generating sales as well. Luckily I have a great staff that respects each other and wants to learn. Capital One Bank is always finding a way to recognize success and rewarding the people who go above and beyond.
Fun and innovative group of people
Analytics Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiab
Data Entry
Inbound IRU Supervisor/ISO Analyst/Collector (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 20, 2014
Private owner, Good company with great staff. The good is demanding but its worth it with working with the clients.
Depends on Where you work
SENIOR FINANCIAL CONSULTANT III, AVP (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: compensation is always changing and never for the better (retail)
From my experience the corporate side of the business is much better than the retail side. The culture is different and so are the employees. Moving from retail to corporate is not easy. Benefits are great and if you can work in one of the corporate centers like Mclean or plano it is amazing. Business is certainly changing as they move to their digital – more... first focus. If your in Tech this could be a great place to go.

As an investment advisor it is a decent program but the lack of exposure for the program makes it difficult. – less
computer training/web page design job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 19, 2014
Obtained and executed knowledge of web page administration. Learned and applied Microsoft Office suite Software. Learned and applied Html coding for web design. Successfully completed 4 page website. Took selected computer trainings & CBT test. Mavis beacon key practice training.
Teller (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 19, 2014
Teller Duties, Customer Service, Cash Handling, balncing atm and vault, processing deposits, payments and withdrawals
N/A
Sr. Risk Coordinator (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 17, 2014
Good Job for College students and or for a part-time job.

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Fast pace life cycle project releases
Quality Assurance Manager / Testing Specialist (Former Employee), Salinas, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: life balance lap top with remote access
Cons: the company closed office in my area i was not able to relocate due to family.
It was always interesting working with various projects and a learning experience. The last project I worked on before Capital One closed in Salinas was Mobile project. The hardest part about Quality testing was training new staff oversees in a rapid fast pace environment. I enjoyed the challenge and long hours.
Good work life balance with great support
AVP, Senior Manager (Former Employee), Baldwin, New YorkOctober 17, 2014
Pros: work life balance, benefits and great support
I love the support structure at Capital One.
Productive and positive place to work.
mid-stage collections
mid stage collections (Former Employee), Owasso, OKOctober 17, 2014
great work enviorment for people to work in good software an systems
Productive and fun workplace.
High Value Service, Fraud Recovery Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great morale boosters, too many to note!
Cons: long commute for me
Capital One does care about their employee moral. This is a great place to work.
Diamond in the rough
VP, Bank Branch Manager (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, NYOctober 16, 2014
A great bank with a lot of potential. Opportunity for growth is limitless
Productive, fun, and family oriented
Teller (Former Employee), Cedarhurst, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: time off, student benefits
Cons: schedule flexibility
A Typical day at work consisted of greeting customers and inviting them to a familiar comfortable setting. The work consisted of depositing cash and checks, as well as withdrawing. We always adhere to our customers as they are always our priority.
During my time here, I gained patience and insight on how the banking system work. My co- workers were – more... great, very enthusiastic about their job and cared immensely for one another and their customers. The hardest part of the job was definitely the pressure of handling money all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the relationships I have created with my co-workers and the customers I learned to know and care for dearly. – less
It's a good place to work.
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Laurel, MDOctober 15, 2014
I love the people I work with. It does make it easy to work with people who are supportive and have positive perspective of life.
Productive fun place to work
Senior Banker Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: very involved with employees, trainings very extensive
Cons: skipped breaks if very busy
Productive fun place to work
Everything Scheduled corporate style
overall
Software Test Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAOctober 13, 2014
Good place to work. Contract ended that is why I am looking for new opportunities.
Learned A lot from this job
Lead Teller Back-up (Former Employee), Bay City, TXOctober 12, 2014
I learned a lot from working for this company! I loved my coworkers and felt like we were family. The only thing I did not like about the job was the fact that it was not personalized, the past three years I was working there I felt like it was more about numbers than how I was treated or how I felt. Compensation was another problem I had with the company, – more... if your branch was not doing good with sales then that determined what type of raise you got if you even got one. It wasn't based on the individuals track record or individuals accomplishments. – less
Great Company
Auto Finance Account Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2014
Excellent starting point for young professionals, great training and fun work enviornment

1 2 3 4 5

About Capital One

Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best – Read more