Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 3,831 reviews matching the search
Core values
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2017
Capital One believes in helping customers and have demonstrated my time being there. They've recently changed their hours from 9am-6pm to 9am-5pm so their employees can have a work life balance.
Amazing Opportunities at a price
Fraud Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2017
Capital One is a great place to work. They offer great benefits, most positions are easily trained, and the pay is fair. The job can be stressful at times and it was tough for me to find a work/home balance, but overall it's an amazing opportunity.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2017
As with all companies there are good teams and bad teams. If you get a good team, Capital One is the best place to work!! Unfortunately, not all management follows the CEO's example.
Value
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
They did not value all employees. If you were not in the click you were looked at as if you were not doing a good job. Knowledge had little value. Too many managers
great people to work with
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with my team of coworkers, my customers were great it was a fun but structured work environment. I would definitely recommend others to work there
Capital One
Branch Manager/ VP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Good Company to work for. However,Managers are being asked to manage 2 branches without any additional compensation. I wish there was more of an incentive for the extra work required. Overall, a good company to work for.
Job Duties
Domestic Wire Clerk I, FT (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2017
Inputted wire instructions called in by Wire Transfer Agreement customers, departments and offices. Promptly notify clients, appropriate bank personnel and team members of incoming wires. Reviewed data to ensure accuracy and input instructions received as document wires. Became recognized as an expert, soon training and mentoring new personnel in proper procedures. Assisted in special queues, research and confirming information
Five-Star company to work for
Loss Mitigation Risk Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 19, 2017
What I love most about Capital One is the associates and management. During the recruitment process, you can tell the recruiters truly care about the working environment in which people work.
Pros
Company Culture
company review
Mentor profile member on AWS concepts (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 18, 2017
When you want to come to a company that has the lasted technologies, join captialone. Whatever what level you join, you will still get the same level of training.
Pros
technology
Cons
job security
capital one is a great place to work while in school
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 18, 2017
overall my experience was pretty good, however management could use a little work. it works great with a college students school schedule and over great vacation time as well.

Want to know more about Capital One?

Ask a question
Great team environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 16, 2017
The position I held was in a call center and had close to 100 agents on 2 floors. It was a great overall team environment and had a great management staff. Anyone interested in a call center position and also enjoy sales would fit in very well.
Pros
Great location, management and benefits
Cons
n/a
Excellent Environment
Business Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 16, 2017
My role allowed me to go out and see my business clients at their work which led to building great relationships among my clients. They do offer a wide variety of financial services products that let's you customize solutions for each individual.
Pros
Great direct maanger
Fun Atmosphere
Fraud Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 16, 2017
Capital One is a fun place to work, everyone works as a team and there's no micro managers. The employees are also wonderful. I will miss it there. Typical day is interviewing customers or potential customers, it's an easy job
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
hard to get time off even though you have the PTO
Risk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 16, 2017
my experience working with capital one was a great experience. I got to experience in the banking and financial field. I also got to learn how credit cards work
Very Productive
Tableau Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 16, 2017
Very friendly work environment, the hardest part off the job was requirements were not clear and data was bad. Workplace and Culture was just another corp.
Overall good place to work
Private Banking Associate (Commercial Real Estate) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2017
Overall good place to work, telecommuting allowed, they have great benefits. Corporate culture is good, with a lot of ability to move forward within the company.
Fun workplace.
OPERATIONS PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 15, 2017
Good co-workers;
Treat employees good;
Recognize employees who works hard
Learned to be a team player and at the same time think outside the box
Learned to be mindful of what you're doing and think of improvements
Pros
Fun day twice a year - Good benefits
Fast paced and great pay
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed my job as an Operations Manager. I like the customer service part of banking along with audits but it's a very sales driven environment and it's not for everyone. You must be self motivated.
Great people!
Process Manager, Recruiting Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 15, 2017
Emphasis on development but can be challenging to find capacity while completing your work. High frequency of turnover in managers. Performance management can feel forced.
Very good company to work for
Coordinator, Credit Operations (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2017
I have been at Capital One for 5yrs and each year has only gotten better! They pride themselves on diversity and creating a work atmosphere that is engaging and fun! I actually look forward to going to work there!
Pros
Wellness clinic right on the premises
Cons
Lunches are a little too expensive, but that is not Capital One's fault

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.