Capital One Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,692 reviews matching the search
good company
Senior Coordinator/Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2016
It is a good company and good benefits. We're fun working there. The company provides a lot of training to employee. It is a good company working there
learning and improving skill set
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 17, 2016
Everything was good for learning , good if you want to be on a cutting edge technologies and great employee satisfaction
Fun and productive place to work
Human Resources (HR) Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2016
Sadly due to automation, my role was eliminated. But it was a great 20 years

Fast paced, multitasking self starter managed restrictive covenant program
Pros
Networking Free Food Great People
Cons
Parking
Great Company
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2016
Capital One is a great company to work for. Of course every department is different and because it is such a large company sometimes you can feel like a little fish in a large ocean. There are a lot of great people there and you learn a lot! I have learned things are what you make it at times.
Pros
Great vacation time!
Cons
Hard to advance
Best Company I have ever worked for.
Closing Team Lead - Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2016
Its hard to find a company that cares as much about the employees, as they do about their customers. We have the best benefits, best culture and best peers in the business. I am very fortunate to work for such an outstanding company.
Pros
Lunch bought for us, company fun days, onsite doctors, onsite gym with trainers, great pay
Cons
So many managers, so many processes, so much red tape to get through before making positive changes to the areas that we need so badly.
great place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 16, 2016
This company epitimises , great work life . I was always happy here .
At the time i was laid off , i was just sad to not be here any more because i loved being here. Great senior Management great coworkers. Customers loved banking with cap one.
Pros
great company
Great
customer service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
Answer inbound calls from customers who have general account inquiries, requests to negotiate terms, such as APR or credit limit, or close their account. Provide customer service and use consultative sales techniques to retain customers. Use computer programs to view account specific information, and document any changes to the customer's account.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory half lunches
Fun and Productive place to work
Funding (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2016
Capital One is an excellent company the drives on our customers while balancing work/life culture. Amazing campus amenities : gym, cafes, health center. Amazing benefits that seems to supersede most companies. Starting off with vacation upfront and increases with tenor.
Pros
Amazing benefits, They solicit feedback: ( truly care about the employees), Paid holidays, Incentives to live and be well.
Cons
Growth opportunities. The internal process for promotions seems to be flawed. Salary is low.
health
Recovery/Legal Recourse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2016
There is a lot of room for growth here, it is a great career for someone young looking to get more involved with a successful team
capital one review
Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 14, 2016
this is a wonderful job to work for!! always a friendly environment and positive atmosphere. the downside is the scheduling. it is hard to work around the schedules if you have little ones
This is an exciting place to work
Trade Floor Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  299 Park Ave, New York NYJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work at Capital One Bank was:
I would come into work and log on to my desktop. As a Trading Floor Support Analyst, I would check my e-mail and voice mail for issues or problems on the trading floor as problem tickets weren't assigned directly to me. If there were no issues or problems, I would get ready for my daily conference call with our team. After the conference call, I would work on tasks that were scheduled for that day.

We had a team of developers on a different floor. We collaborated when there were issues or problems with any of the trading application that I needed to have them involved in resolving.

The hardest part of the job for me; being that I was the only IT person who sat on trading floor and that supported the entire Capital Market group, being stretched in many direction sometimes as I supported their applications.

The most enjoyable part was; communicating with the users, putting out fire, connecting with managers, executives, traders and analysts, whenever they needed my attention to resolve an IT problem.

What I learned at Capital One besides gaining so much more financial services experience were: seeing how their frame work, different models, methodology, processes and collaboration work across different lines of businesses.
Great company to work for
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2016
Capital one is a financial company but trying to establish itself as a technology company, hence it offers the best of both worlds
Good work life balance, good opportunities to learn, good salary/benefits
Manager Software Engineeering (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 13, 2016
Good work life balance, good opportunities to learn, good salary/benefits.

Promotion is some what biased.
Technical people do not grow and no path for career growth
Capital One
Principal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 13, 2016
Best Company I have ever worked for. If it wasn't for the change in the Mortgage area I would still be walking proud amongst the Capital One family. Awesome company to work for!
Amazing Employer
Sr. Advocacy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2016
Everyone is wonderful with this company they will take you as far as you are willing to go. I have had a wonderful career at Capital One
One of the best places I've worked
Sales Promoter (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 12, 2016
Great mangers and staff, lots of events and fun things to do, but the job can get a little repetitive. Overall a good place to work.
Good to work here
ServiceNow Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2016
Good to work here and I was working as a servicenow developer as well as an administrator where my role is to configure, customize, integrate with external services.
Opportunities for advancement
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2016
There are opportunities for one to advance from their current position. Most of the management team are team players and help others to give their best each day.
Wish I hadn't left
Universal Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXJuly 11, 2016
I spent 8 years there. Love it, but needed a career change. Great company to work for. There was a work/life balance. The managers cared about you and your family
Compliance Audit
PRINCIPAL AUDITOR INTERNAL AUDIT (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2016
Internal Compliance audit is a very unforgiving department to work in, any mistake you make will be held against you instead of using it as a coaching and development tool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.