Capital One Employee Reviews

Disputes Personal Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 7, 2017
My current role at this time is very hands on and productive. I am a High Value Elise Sr. Coordinator that assist heavy spend cardholders within CapitalOne. I file dispute claims as well as assist with fraudulent concerns on their account. At times I train new hires coming in to the department and assist in pilot groups working on new projects within the company.
Great place to work , I appreciate the opportunity they gave me to be a leader.
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 6, 2017
I only left for the opportunity to start a branch with the future potential to build from the ground up. I appreciate every opportunity they gave me and they helped me develop as a person and leader of my team. Capital one was a positive work environment and a great training program
Pros
Great opportunity to make consistent compensation
Cons
Somewhat limited in the ability to make credit underwriting decisions
Relaxed environment which brings out the best in people
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 6, 2017
I had the best manager of my career in Capital One. People are eager to share information. The cooperative spirit definitely fosters productive work in Capital One. Overall it is a good place to work.
Good work environment
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2017
lots of change and reduction of workforce, but a great company shifting to heavy tech recruiting. Retail bank continues to shrink with more of an online presence.
Forward thinking company
Process Manager & Sales Support Coach (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 6, 2017
Great place to work where community and collaboration are encouraged. Commitment to technology to enhance not only the customer experience but help maximize information to keep innovating for the future.
Pros
Work life balance, benefits, recognition, & culture
Cons
Red tape
Everyone have opportunity
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
I am so thankful with Capital One because the gave this amazing oportunity without any internal recomendations. they open their doors to a Young Dominican with high aspirations
Everyday
Senior Mortgage Closer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 6, 2017
The people at Capital One made working here an enjoyable experience. Everyone was willing to help each other and offer help when needed. The company also made sure that the work atmosphere was one of family and always had team building activities to bring the company closer together.
Great place to start mortgage career
Research & Resolution Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 5, 2017
Capital One is a great place to work. It is what you make it. Although there is some favoritism, a lot of turn over in some departments, and a lot or org changes the culture, benefits and people stand out the most.
Productive Fun Work Place
Credit Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 5, 2017
Over ten years employed with company worked with wonderful people relaxed working environment great benefits and pay compensation would not change anything.
Technology company in the Financial sector
Risk Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 5, 2017
Great company! Can't say enough good things about the culture at Capital One. Capital One has a very different vibe than most of the other major players in Banking. Technology and talent are world class.

Want to know more about Capital One?

Ask a question
Same company
Real Estate Closer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 5, 2017
Sam company. I love everything about working for Capital One. Wonderful place to work. Great people, culture, and benefits. Getting laid off due to closure of the entire department.
provided fun
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  mcleanDecember 5, 2017
it is soo good,good work culture,good development,good work envirment,good telation with collegues,good associatn,good understanding with manager,good work spot
Pros
free luch
Cons
short breaks
Hello
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at work would be face paced incoming calls and reviewing account and assisting with customer complaints. I learned how to navigate through various screens. management team is great with helping the peers. work place environment is very culturative.
Great company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXDecember 4, 2017
Great place very professional and friendly staff. They are willing to teach as long as you are willing to learn. Has great training and great benefits. Very understand management.
Layoffs happening - Just hidden under the covers
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  West CreekDecember 4, 2017
C1 is laying off individuals either through small redeployments or rigged out performance management scenarios to get rid of experienced associates. If you are under 35, enjoy it, the place is great.
Benefits
Cons
Cut throat Performance Management
Unfortunate circumstances
Administrative Principal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at Capital One but unfortunately my direct report felt we were not a good fit so I had to accept a compensation package. I really wish that I had an opportunity to find another position at Capital One.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Very stressful
descent place to work
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 4, 2017
very fair place to work, you will love your coworkers, bonuses have been taken away but it was replaced wit a 3 dollar raise so most people there aren't making less than 18 dollars per hour
great company poor management
Senior Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 4, 2017
Management need to be better. They need more training skills and professionalism skills. Capital one need better hours for working parents. They should be more flexible with the hours.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working hours
Calming but fast
Android Developer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 3, 2017
The team manager took the time to learn each member's skills/ abilities and applied them to project planning very efficiently. They also kept the moral up by planning team lunches/ events.Coding, there is a large potential above the required stories, but limited to the current sprint.
Pros
Coffee machine with many flavors, occasional free (Indian) food, people are welcoming to random conversations
Cons
Lots of Indian food
Don’t depend on this company they will lay you off in a heart beat
Senior Quality Assurance Coordinator / Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2017
It’s all who you know they don’t care about how hard you work they will lay you off after many years of working with them . When I was there the girls go with the managers and get promoted to a manager. They have no values or morals. You can work hard and I promise you they will get rid of you after so many years. This is what they do unless you are part of the click. I loved my job but the managers either like you or don’t. They don’t care about there associates they even pick people to get rid of and they do. Don’t depend on this company for your future. It’s not what you know but who you know. I had 15 years there and was good at many positions a top performer but it didn’t matter. Called over the phone and was laid off. When I was there one day they took a team in a room no warning and told them they were laid off.
Pros
A lot of going with the managers no morals
Cons
Don’t depend on them for your future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.