Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 4,060 reviews matching the search
It was a wonderful productive work place
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2017
Capital One Was a Awesome wonderful work place I would suggest Capital One to anyone seeking employment in the banking industry everyone was always willing to be team players and Mangment was awesome on any given day you would see the C.E.O of Capital One
Capital One is a business
Senior Advocacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 7, 2017
I choose to exclude a summary. My views are personal to me on this matter. I believe everyone's experience is individual, and prefer to not provide this type of feedback.
Capital One
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 7, 2017
At Capital One, we empower associates to take chances, innovate and make a meaningful impact. I love Capital One because it allows me to work and collaborate with other talented people in an environment where we are able to achieve our full potential. Capital one champions flexibility in the workplace and fosters associates personal and professional growth and development. It is such an exciting time to be part of a dynamic company where we hire great people and encourage them to do great things!
Fun to work and great people to work with
Statistician Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 7, 2017
Extremely employee friendly company with a lot of international influence. Some of the brightest minds to work with. Very open work culture. Excellent campus with great facilities. Very good work-life balance.
Pros
Great on site facilities, flex hours
Cons
Great environment, unstable management, good business tactics
Sr. Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2017
While working for Capital One Auto Finance my job title was a collector though the actual functionality of the job was great I never really had a stable manager and other managers would change "team" there hours very often. Did not feel secure in my job placement do to my supervisor not knowing my history of calls and how I handled them. Capital One however, did see to it that all employees where appreciated. There was always conferences to see how the company was doing as well as bonuses available after needs were met. Also my coworkers were always friendly and willing to help with old and new material that we had to learn. My coworker made it easy to come to work and be productive as well as enjoying small conversation between calls
Pros
Environment, Incentives, Benefit time
Cons
Management, Schedule
Sr. Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 7, 2017
Very good company to work for, flexible and there is a good work/life balance. Willing and able to assist when needed specially during personal situations.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 7, 2017
Never have I found a company more committed to meeting the needs of it's workforce as is Capital One. They practice investing in it's workforce, showing gratitude for a job well done.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Heavy phone work
Productive environment
Senior Advocate Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 7, 2017
At CapitaI One bank I learned the banking industry and all it has to offer. I learned that all the banking terminology and risk management. The work place cultural was a fun environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with how to coach others. The easy part of the job was educating the customer about the banking products that would meet their banking needs.
Pros
Free corporate lunches
Cons
no breaks work through phone call
Great place to make money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DelawareAugust 7, 2017
Capital One is a good company to work for, however management is a little difficult to deal with. They are not very clear on their attendance policy, so if you call out of work due to the fact that you are sick then you will get a conduct memo. However in training they tell you that you can call out if you are sick.
n/a
BANK TELLER (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 6, 2017
My time at Capital One has been an amazing learning experience. My typical day at would be arriving early and work immediately. Have an early morning from time to time. Once doors open customers come in and help them in whatever it is they needed.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks and requesting days off
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong tables and Wii station
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 5, 2017
the company as a whole was one of the best companies i have ever worked for. they treated their customers and their employees like human beings. everyone that worked there was like one big family.
Fun place to work
Iqor - Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 4, 2017
It's a good place to work , Im just to energize and would like to interact in person .The benefits are also good also you get a bonus every month when you come to work on time work your schedule shift .
great company
Claims Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2017
come in check your email
take inbound phone calls
two 15min breaks and 1 hour lunch
workplace culture is relaxed and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers
Productive and a very fun place to work.
SPECIALTY FUNDING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 4, 2017
Capital One is a great place to work, there is the perfect work/life balance and the campus includes all eminities from cafeterias to gym. The work environment is great and the work culture is food food food.
Great benefits with bad training.
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 3, 2017
Every job is different, however my experience here has been pretty slow and unproductive so far. My personal team training/on-boarding experience has been slow to non-existent to the point where I am still not up to speed nearly 3 months in. Communication has been very poor. That being said, the benefits are amazing and almost everyone else I've spoken to loves working there and the team they are on.
Future-oriented company with a very exciting culture
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Capital One we went through a lot of transition with the mergers of new Banks but it was handled well. I left the company only do two a conflict with my spouse's work schedule which did not allow either of us to be available for our children after school.
Pros
Great benefits and salary.
Cons
Downsizing caused strain on remaining employees
Aggressive and motivated company to continue to grow, Work/Life Balance
Market Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 3, 2017
A typical day involved the daily, weekly, monthly responsibilities for each of the managers you support, as well as one off projects and tasks. Most often the workplace culture provides a work/life balance, but that can also depend on your direct manager and what division you work for. The hardest part is the lack of consistency for similar roles within the organization. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. My direct team worked really well together, had each other's backs, and truly worked as One Team,not strictly as individuals for the success of our Markets.
Pros
Ability to work from home on occasions - childcare, schools closed, work/life balance
Cons
Lack of Job Security. Constant worry your role will be eliminated due to constant re-organizations.
Could be better
Process Coordinator 1 (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 3, 2017
Working at Capital One is great, but moving up in the company leaves much to desire. You get to a point where your skills and work ethic mean less than who you know.

If you're looking for a place to work and not really move up much then its great. The benefits are awesome, most of the people are, and the pay is great too.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
Cons
Favoritism, promotion walls, and some management
enjoyed working environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 3, 2017
I only worked part time and it was very difficult to move to full time. The pay was extremely poor. The focus on sales made employees seem almost like robots. The force of trying to get sales made the customer experience unpleasant, always being hassled to get some new product.
Pros
policies were straight forward and not loaded with grey areas
Cons
horrible pay, too sales driven
Capital One
Personal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 3, 2017
A typical day at Capital One is maybe fast paced or slow depending on the call volume. The overall experience at Capital One has been awesome. My manager is a great leader, the workplace culture is very professional. The most enjoyable part of my job would be speaking with customers hearing different experiences they may have had and being able to help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.