Capital One

2.2K reviews

Capital One Employee Reviews

Good company overall
Fraud Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2015
Overall, a good company on the whole to work for. However, with all the changes and layoffs, not a lot in the way of job security.
Awesome company to work for
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee), framingham MaAugust 4, 2015
If you have a chance to get into Capital One do it! Great culture, great people, great compensation. Not only that it's a fortune 200 company and looks great on a resume.
Fun place to work
Sr. Fraud Account Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: peers and learning new strategies, benefits, 401k matching
Cons: Pay, Managers availability, Bonus
Pay is very low the work that is desired out of their agents. Work can be fun at times with the amount of cases you review daily
A perfect Work & Life Balance
Technology Lead (Agile Software Development) (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, IL 60007August 3, 2015
I would rate Capital One 4/5.
Growth for new talent.
Before Capital One I use to focus on Technical areas. Since I joined Capital One gained Business knowledge in depth.
Most enjoyable part of job was all teams meeting where you can share your knowledge to big distro.
Why don't you hire right people?
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for
Cons: Bad Hiring process
Real story,

I had worked for this company. It is so far the best company I have worked for and the project was successful. The exam that they take in order to get into this company has nothing to do with what you can and can not do at the job. Because of this some jerks get hired and some great talents that just can not pass the test can't be hired. You should hire the ones who are desperate to work for you, not just anyone who pass the test.
A VERY COOL PLACE
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 1, 2015
CAP ONE IS A VERY COOL PLACE TO WORK FOR THEY TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES GOOD D THERE IS ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT YOUR CO-WORKERS ARE FUN THEY WILL MAKE YOUR DAY LITTLE BIT FAST
Incredible.
Fraud Detection Coordinator (Current Employee), Tigard, ORJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Extremely good benefits. Excellent staff. Very good coworkers.
Amazing. Best job I have ever had. Great benefits, great staff, great employees, amazing structure and amazing people.
Great people and work life balance
Senior Operations Coordinator- Disputes (Current Employee), Tigard, ORJuly 31, 2015
Pros: People, Compensation, work life balance
Cons: Constant Layoffs, Lack of growth
Love my co workers, and managers. Also love the work life balance. Not too fond of the job security though, and there isn't a lot of room for advancement, unless you are located at the headquarters in VA. Also the fact that they are shutting down the Portland Oregon site and laying off 900 people doesn't help matters.
awesome place to work
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2015
they took pride in being the innovators of the industry and ensured everyone grew around them. they also had awesome incentives to meet your goals
Nice place to work
Unit Manager- Escalations Team and Work at home (Current Employee), Tampa, FlJuly 30, 2015
Enjoy my job at Capital one. but enjoy the people i work with even more. They genuinly make this job fun and make you want to come to work everyday.
Great place to work. Office work
Operations Production Coordinator (Current Employee), sioux falls, SDJuly 30, 2015
Ive had a great last 3 years working here at Capital One. They have however decided to close the Sioux Falls Site at the end of 2015 and i will need to find a new place to work. i am looking for something that can utilize the skills i have learned in my last 12 years working in the customer service/collections/sales/Office data entry field.
fun workplace
Applications Manager (Former Employee), houston txJuly 29, 2015
opportunity to earn as much money as you want fun place and environment the supervisors were cool and the team leaders were cool. i had a great experience with them
Day to day
Fraud Account Supervisor (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJuly 29, 2015
A typical day consist of taking 25 to 35 calls and servicing customers with their account needs. We have one on one meetings once a week to review our performance with our manager. The hardest part of my job is the situations where there's nothing I can do to solve a customers problem and the most enjoyable part is the atmosphere and recognition you receive for a job well done.
Capital One is a terrific place to work.
Director of Agile Practice Office (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2015
They take extremely good care of their associates and allow for working remotely. They are forward thinking and encourage disruption and innovation. I recommend Capital One to anyone as a great place to work.
Great place to work, however job stability was always on my mind.
Principal Project Manager (Former Employee), Tigard OR.July 28, 2015
I really enjoyed my co-workers most of all. However over 3 acquisitions (Household, HSBC & Capital One), I was always nervous that my job would be relocated to another office. But over all I was happy with the work life balance, benefits and part of the culture.
Productive yet Fun place
Sr. Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee), ChesterJuly 28, 2015
They are a great company to work for and they really care about their employees. They have great benefits to the job. There are plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Lots of Opportunities
Lead Teller (Current Employee), TexasJuly 28, 2015
This is a company that can grow any career as far as the imagination will stretch. Just be sure to network with the right people.
A family environment
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), VAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: work environment
This is a great company and they love their employees.The work environment is so fun and you always smile.Management is very approachable and helpful.
Its stressfull but that depends on what department you go into
Fraud Intake Coordinator/Fraud Account Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Its great untill staffing comes into play . you can never really use your paid time off when you want to. scheduling should be better they should treat the FAST agents better since they are the end all call for the company
Opportunities for growth in the company, interesting, constant learning environment, and customer service orientated
Teller (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Constant learning, interactions with customers, opportunity to grow in banking
Cons: rude customers, on occasion slow work days
Working in retail banking can be very frustrating at times. Customers of Capital One can be very rude and irrational at times but through skill-building meetings one can learn how to service customers in a proper fashion. On the positive side; I enjoyed always learning different regulations and processes the bank utilizes. I also began to take interest into specific areas of banking; for example, auditing.
Headquarters