Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 3,450 reviews matching the search
Interesting
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 28, 2017
Fun and interesting meeting new people everyday. Also, you have regulars you build a relationship with. Fast-paced environment. You not only handle every day banking, but also many of Capital One's products.
I have been working at capital one for more then one year
Network Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 28, 2017
The company culture is great! Many opportunities to be promoted within and recognized for your hard work and achievements. A fast paced and growing company which is great to start off your career! Management is there for you every step of the way in coaching and helping you with anything you need.

Pros
None that I can think of - literally the worst place I have ever worked
Cons
I wish i had started here earlier..
Aspires to be like Google Campus
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Working at Capital One Headquarters was an inspirational experience. Everyone is friendly. Food, Starbucks, workout facilities, bicycles to travel from building to building. Moved to a new position in less than two months.
Great Place to Work
Professional Teller (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Capital One. The work envirnment is very postivie and inviting. Inclusivity is quite evident and very much a part of the work culture
The dsg
Dealer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 28, 2017
This company was a nice company to work for. It is unfortunate that they closed the Dealer Services Group. I was a Dealer Services Manager that dealt directly with dealership in the structuring and funding of auto loans.
Learning experience
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 27, 2017
Throughout the day I was answering phone calls and I provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Expect a very very busy day everyday. You get to know nice people. I feel i have become much better at delivering information efficiently.
Huge Company with lots of opportunity
Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 27, 2017
This company is huge of course and there are alot of teams to move around to but the management on my particular team did not encourage professional development very well and also did not provide opportunities for advancement and mentorships
Productive and comfortable workplace
Advanced Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 27, 2017
Great company to work for if you enjoy doing your work without interruption. You will rarely be micro managed just as long as you take care of your duties and responsibilities.Excellent benefits and insurance provided. Hardest part of the job in my opinion is dealing with upset customers everyday and how repetitive that can be. The most enjoyable part of the job incluedes PTO(Paid TIme Off) that you're able to select of your own terms.
Pros
Clean cafeteria, great staff
Cons
Tedious, Uneventful
Its fun and interesting working with them.
Android Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2017
I loved working there. Inspired and learned several other new features. Grateful to work. Monitored several meetings and established good relationships.
great employer
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
great employer that shows its employees they care in ways that matter - mooooooooolah straight cash homie and a lot of bonuses and opportunities to bonus. just don't have attendance issues.
Productive and a great place to work
Fraud Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 23, 2017
The place is amazing. The opportunity to grow is the main mission for capital one. They do not hold you back. Capital one gives you all the tools you need to succeed.
Pros
Great cafeteria and awsome lounge area
Cons
The lay offs, but have options to move to other departments
good work place
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2017
there was good people working there sometimes there was issues with so og the workers but other then that is was a good place too work
work at home
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2017
The job itself was great, but like any other job good management is the key essential to an employee's success. Although you worked from home your team would gather occasionally on company time to meet for lunch and activities.
Workplace environment
Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2017
The merger of CommunityOne and Capital Bank has just occurred so there has been insufficient time for me to write a thorough and adequate review of the workplace environment of Capital Bank.
A perfect balance of personality and professionality.
Customer Care Representative / Auto Finance Team (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 22, 2017
This place hired me after interviewing me. They clarified that they wanted a personality that would show on the phone. To be honest, I thought that that was just something they posted on their page to boast about themselves. My first day demonstrated that as the truth. I was able to show my talents as a fast learner, as well as show my personality with customers and coworkers alike.
Pros
Lots of possibility for growth and positions, as well as mentor-ship and steady work pace.
Cons
If only the pay was a little higher, I would say that this is the perfect job.
Productive, good company to work for.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Fair and balanced workplace with great benefits. There is a great company culture with a focus on doing what right for the customer. Managers are chosen well and driven to help you succeed.
Wonderful Company
Government Funds Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Capital One was a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed the people and the job position. In this position I started as a receptionist and worked my way into a Banker's Assistant known as the Public Funds Administrator.
Pros
Rewarding, Demanding, Challenging
Cons
Too demanding to complete a Masters Program
Client Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2017
Growing in Chicago, but still not a lot of room for advancement due to overall size. Leadership in Chicago isn't as strong as other markets.

Office culture and work life balance is great.
Fun workplace
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 20, 2017
It was a great place to work but the job itself was very stressful. Very long hours they treat workers like slaves. I would not return to Capital One bank call center by any means.
Emotional Rollercoaster
Sr. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I started with Capital One in Retail Banking as a Sr. Inbound Rep and was eventually promoted to a Sr. Coordinator in Auto Finance. I eventually was fired after the company reviewed my personal credit card payments and weren't happy that I had fell behind - but that's what happens when you're paid far behind industry standards. I struggled the entire year that I worked for Capital One, so I do not miss it.

The culture at Capital One was great; we enjoyed plenty fun days and we were able to build great relationships with our teammates. The turnover rate is pretty high so usually when you grow close to someone they're soon to be gone.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Low Salary, Job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.

92%