Capital One Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,542 reviews matching the search
Deliver excellent customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South Farmingdale, NYNovember 13, 2015
Service customers with their financial needs. Delivered excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
Mentoring and supporting staff by coaching and show coach to develop associate.
Problem solving and follow thru with customers
Oversee branch to ensure smooth operations
Because I'm a people's person the most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers and put a smile on their face.
No job security, Not a lot of direction or training from the company. Your just expected to know everything, even when your new to your role.
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 4, 2016
Capital One is a huge banking application,i enjoyed work with this firm
Sr. Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2015
Capital One is a huge banking application, which deals with several areas of retail banking. which would produce daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports using Informatica to perform ETL loads using Incremental loading and Slowly Changing Dimension logic. It has several modules named Savings, Current, Deposits, Loans, ATM transactions.
Productive and Fun work to place with many advancement opportunities
Funding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy the competitive nature of the job and the friendly atmosphere with co-workers and upper management. The fast paced and highly detailed role as a funding analyst has developed my skills to move onto a advanced position.
A must!
At-Home Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2015
I have never worked for a company that valued employees as much as Capital One. What does this create? Employees willing to work well with customers. Employees are happy, customers are kept happy and an overall positive outlook for the company. So well organized, awesome schedules. The training is very extensive but it's only for the best. I felt very comfortable going on my own after the training the company gave. The most enjoyable part? I get to help and reward customers need be for a loss or the joining of a new marriage. If you get the chance, apply. If you get hired, don't ever quit :)
Pros
excellent pay, excellent benefits, group outings
Cons
Can't think of any
Fun work place
Billing Dispute Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 16, 2015
Great place to work with supportive management. They have charged banking in a call center environment by allow us to take the time with the customers and not feel rushed. It's not about the numbers but about how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of this job is my colleagues, these people will stay with me for the rest of my life.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Site closer
Great Company
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 31, 2016
Capital One Bank is a great company to work for, the company definitely cares about their associates and is always looking to give back to their associates. If you are looking for a job in the finance industry then Capital One is a great place to start.
Telesales and customer service environment.
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 17, 2016
High call volume on a daily basis. Talking to Americans from all around the country, helping with credit card concerns and complaints. Positive team environment, goal oriented and incentive driven atmosphere.
Relaxed environment but not always helpful
Sr. Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time at capital one. Im not really into call center jobs however. If you are into that line of work they maybe for you. Nice pay but long hours.
Pros
very independent
Cons
short breaks, back to back calls.
Productive and fun filled place to work
Mortgage Lien Release Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work and has a lot of company perks. quarterly team outings,volunteer service activities, and award programs. They are also very strict in dealing with associates by sometime micro managing and nit picking on every detail of your work. Overall, it is a very nice place to work especially if your placed in the right department.
Pros
hour long lunches, 160 hours PTO to start
Cons
I feel to have to perform perfectly, very strict in counseling
A great company with focus both customers and employees
Ops Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 16, 2015
When I came to work for Capital One, it was my first call center position. I did not think I'd stay long, but needed to work very badly. After the first several weeks I quickly learned that this company is very solid all the way around. I ended up loving working here. The only reason I am leaving is because they are moving out of Oregon.
raw deal
Operations Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2016
I worked at Capital One for almost 14 years before being laid off in December 2014. It has been very hard for me and some of my former co- workers to find work associated with back office banking here in Houston. In today's workforce it is not easy getting a full time job. Also if you don't have the correct contacts, it can be hard to get a good job and I don't have a degree or know a second language preferably Spanish. My job at Capital One was good and I have no other complaints. My job was not hard at all. I have nothing bad to say about my co-workers. I do think training needs to be implemented for people who have experience and not a degree. Its not like you won't be trained to learn a new job anyway. I'm not taking away anything from anyone with a degree, but I don't think it is fair to overlook someone who can do a good job because they don't have a piece of paper. Just my opinion.
Pros
Pay, learning new sytems, enteracting with others
Cons
being laid off, not being recognized for doing a good job
Great opportunities -
it management (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 3, 2015
IT Manager role was quite an experience. Saw several iterations of the company with a variety of work styles and emphases, which changed every few years or so. Latest incarnation is to be a Tech company with innovation that will expand their scope into new markets that they discover to be profitable. Co-workers were great, with a variety of work styles and leadership, but self-direction is a must - own your career!
Pros
Leaders, team environment
Cons
Sometimes a bit confusing as to direction and how to achieve director's goals.
Challenging environment, good pay and benefits if you can stay employed there
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
Challenging, interesting work in a demanding environment. Loved managing through complexity, which is institutionally baked into the company at this point.
Plenty of opportunity to acquire and apply new skills and knowledge. I consistently worked with very smart and skilled people.
The ever-changing business climate and resulting desire to acquire new associates with specific skills creates a culture of workers looking over their should when multiple layoffs roll through the organization as they often enough do.
Pros
Pay above average for market, flexible work hours/WFH options, nice campus and amenities. Good PTO options
Cons
Bruising performance management, hard to get promoted, too frequent/deep layoffs used to shed unwanted skill sets
great place to work..culture is amazing
Senior Process Manager, US Card Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 1, 2016
very fast paced work environment. looking to change the world of banking.
has been a true career for me.. passionate about people
Pros
culture
Cons
leadership cliques.. not valuing epxerience verus education
productive and fun
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  work at homeApril 7, 2016
great place to work, love the culture and flexibility of work schedule. I have learned so much and have become such a well rounded individual. The hardest part of the job is making sure that you are managing your time and getting all things done.
Great Organization
Business Banker, AVP (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 6, 2016
Great company to work for with great benefits and good work life balance. Company strives hard to keep applicable information at our fingertips and offers many internal resources for life and career advancement opportunities.
Great environment
Fraud Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 13, 2016
Great pay great people wonderful work place, great palce to network capital one really takes care of there employees can be stressful depending on the dept overall would love to work for them again
Pros
working there
Cons
type of calls
Old technology and unclear structure
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 26, 2015
The application I was working on was written in VB6. Aside from that, the manager that I started with moved to another section a couple of weeks into my time. I answered to 2 different people, one was a contractor in another state and the other I never actually met.
I enjoyed the challenge of the job, and I enjoyed the autonomy... basically, as long as the milestones of the project were being reaches, no one ever really bothered me. I was allowed to work from home most of the time, which I also enjoyed.
I didn't sense any real future there, though... Even my boss was a long time contractor!
productive work place with a future in the company to grow.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 18, 2016
Capital one is a great work environment and a great place to grow with the company. I worked there for a few years and i loved it. You get to interact with people learn how to be more efficient and helpful.