Capital One Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Fraud Recovery Coord (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
I love capital one and the atmosphere. has a great work environment, great team outings, great with the team meeting. Good with working with schedules if you need great with time off that is given.
customer services
Online Banker (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: meeting n help others
Cons: short lunch
i like my job iassitance customers over the phone with they bank issuess. i learn alot about bank issues. i learn how to help customers how to search for issues on they computer.
busy days
Tableau Developer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
Team was fantastic.worked hard all the days. enjoyed well as a team outside. weekdays at work together, weekends trips together.
So nice to team with them.
Great place to work, great benefits
Sr. Risk Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Onsite restaurant/self vending; benefits; PTO
Cons: Lunch is too short. Better with 2x10 min breaks and one 40 lunch
It's an excellent place to work...if you can overlook the cube farm. They try to make it fun with all kinds of potlucks and contests. They seem to really care about their employees. Just make your numbers and you'll be great.
Fun Work Environment
Senior Fraud Processing Coordinator (Current Employee), Tigard, ORJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Offisite meetings, team outings, fun contests, spirit days, fun volunteer activities
Cons: health care benefits, sometimes too much red tape to get thigs resolved
It has been fun work environment. We have fun contests and spirit days. Everyone is positive and tries to help each other. We have fun networks and volunteer activities. We have team outings once a quarter.
Productive workplace
F/T Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: N/A
I loved working for Capital One due to the fact that it was amazing. I started out as a float teller which was awesome because I got to float to several different locations, so there was never a dull moment. Plus I love to travel!!
stressfull
Sr. Inbound CS Representative (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 26, 2015
overload of information, intense traing, unfair attendance policies during training.overload of information, intense traing, unfair attendance policies during training.overload of information, intense traing, unfair attendance policies during training.
Capital One
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Tigard, ORJuly 26, 2015
Working at Capital One has been amazing! I love the company, their culture and most importantly, the people I work with. Recently, due to a change in their strategic approach, my job was eliminated. – more... Business is business and I have every right to be upset but I can't. Any business owner would do what they need to, Capital One did the same. I'll miss working for them, but I gained much out of my tenure at this location.
I can honestly say there was never a day I can remember that I didn't want to come to work. We honestly are a family! Our managers are always here for you when you need them, even their managers! They definitely live by the "open door" philosophy at my location!
My job is easy. I take and service credit card applications...and I'm encouraged to socialise with those I talk with! What company does that via phones anymore?? I loved talking with those all over the country to find out new and interesting facts!
I'd have to say the hardest part has been just the constant training....once you're an expert at your job function...they throw something new in and expect you to be an expert in less than a week, so your incentive suffers for it.
At Capital One, they don't compare you to others...you are your own driving force! I learned about they type of manager I want to be, how to effectively communicate with all types of personalities and gained new skills in Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
I'll miss working for Capital One. – less
Worked as Personal Banker
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Covington, LAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: very stressful
Cons: the employees that I worked with/the customers that I assisted
When I left the job, it had become a sales position. We had sales goals and even though I was meeting them, I felt pressure to increase my sales. It was a very stressful environment.
risk rep
Risk Rep (Former Employee), chesterJuly 24, 2015
I LOVED CAPITAL ONE it was a great experience the all of the people with this company are great and made my experience very pleasurable i learned a lot
Enjoyable working environment
Loss Mitigation Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Comfortable working conditions
The most enjoyable part of the job was convincing a client that it was important and in their best interest to keep their vehicle. I worked relentlessly everyday by advising the consequences and benefits of their account. Ultimately saving the company money and saving the client money as well.
Progressive Company
Sr. Risk Coordinator (Former Employee), Chester, VAJuly 24, 2015
Capital One is a company that provides lots of opportunity of advancement and training. While working for the company I was able to take on many different roles such as Team Lead, A position in which I assisted my manager.
Productive and fun workplace
Teller (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 23, 2015
Typical day at work as a teller, is not only processing transactions. But, showing customers how to bank more ways through mobile deposit with smartphones and using the ATM machine. Our job is to change – more... banking for good. We welcome customers as soon as they come into the branch, and ask how we may help them or what brings them into the branch today. We treat customers as if they were a guest in our own home. Going above and beyond for customers and making sure they are completely satisfied with our service. Management and co-workers are great and its all teamwork. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get the elderly to change their banking ways. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure customers are smiling, happy and being completely satisfied with the service. – less
Sr. IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VaJuly 23, 2015
Great place to work at with many opportunities for career growth and advancement. Management is ever changing which can make the most loyal employee weary of the companies long term goals for their personnel.
Call center plus
Fraud Department (Current Employee), Tigard OrJuly 23, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: uncertain future
It was nice while it lasted, it just didn't last as long as it was advertised. Sites appear and disappear with startling regularity.
Great place with advancement
Teller (Former Employee), Landover Hills, MDJuly 23, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Have to have tough skin in banking, customers can be brutal
God learning experience
Nice perks/discounts
Descent for first time banking experience
Part-Time Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
The flexibility in being a part time teller was not available. I wanted to go to school while working part time. However, that was not available because I could not have set days off while working for Capital One.
ABCDEF
Unix/Linux System Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
Had great pleasure working with my Manager, colleagues, great work environment.
Enjoyed working with the company.
Excellent Management.
I learnt many new things.
Productive and fun work environment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 21, 2015
Large company and growing, developed great friendships, afforded me the opportunity to gain knowledge of Auto Finance and the laws governing the transaction from a dealer and lender perspective.
productive and fun to work especially at break
Risk Coordinator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics
had to put up with politics at capital one and management wasnt helpful much. really didnt learn anything . coworkers helped our more then anything. most enjoyable part of the job was the break times and lunches .
Headquarters