Capital One Employee Reviews

Good
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Great company to work for. The only bad thing is that they had to close the call center because the compny was going digital and if we wanted to stay with company we had to apply for a position in 2 other states which it would not work for me.
Competitive and fun
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Good company for those just out of college. You will learn and have the opportunity to showcase your strengths and new ideas. Diversity is celebrated.
Pros
Fun and community work. Diverse culture
Cons
performance management and annual calibration process
slow paced inbound and outbound calling
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2018
a day at capital one come in sign in and statrt making dials and if you were not dialing a customer would probably be calling you find out why customer is late see what program or tools that best fits the situation or best helps the customer get current sooner
Poor poor management
Customer Service and Solutions Team (Former Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 2, 2018
Among 3 teams in my role at our location, my team under a new manager lost 10 associates in 6 months while the other two only lost 2! 5 associates at a time out on disability for their mental health. Even the upper manager does NOT catch on to the pattern that this manager is making people leave which is horribly neglectful. Used to think it was a just my manager problem but, to ignore the flood of people being targeted one by one and plucked off? That's an upper level issue trickling on down.
This company have everything
Fraud Senor Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2018
The best company someone can be, benefits , pay vacation , great cafeteria , over time , great team players. Company like this one should be the perfect example for other companies.
Pros
ones a month they will take out of the building as recreation day pay for everything .
Cons
Nothing bad to describe.
Ok place to work
Senior Executive Assistant - Bank Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Working at Capital One was an interesting experience. While the department I worked in wasn't the most exciting the work often was exciting and allowed me to be creative. My managers were great. It was a familial environment. The hardest part of the job was the down time. I don't like to twiddle my thumbs so it was difficult to focus when there were lulls. I mostly enjoyed planning our team events.
Pros
Tech company whose product is Banking
Manager, Digital Product Management (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Capital One is making great strides at becoming a tech company in the look and feel of its culture. It's struggling with its online banking platform that keeps having issues with crashing and locking its customers out. Once they can fix this then they'll really begin to have a compelling argument for banking 100% digital with them.
Pros
Great culture and lots of classes for development - great for new college grads
Cons
Job security can be an issue
Typical Day
Line of Business Expert (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Typical Day at Capital One was normally always exciting and face new adventures. Great co-workers that were always willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Amazing Co-Workers
Cons
Lots Meeting
No advancement
Resource Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 2, 2018
No room for advancement. I felt that the salary I was making did not match up with my level of education. I did not learn a lot from the position because the requirements were easy to do while on the job.
Member Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Capital One 's main objective was to provide the greatest customer service experience to all customers. Management worked was awesome at the time. It was a very diversed working enviroment. I enjoyed 100% customer interactions.
Pros
Great staff to work with. Willing to work around your schedule
Cons
Hours can fluctuate at any time.
Credit Card Company
Multi Branch Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Hewlett, NYJanuary 2, 2018
While I was at this bank they were new to the market as a commercial retail bank. They were trying to reinvent banking and hiring those who worked for other large banks to re-invent.
Standard Corporate Environment
Copywriter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2018
It's not a copywriter's dream to work here. The work isn't very creative. The pay is okay. So, I guess there are worse places to work. If you do the work and want a place to chill for awhile, this place could be that. Don't expect lots of career advancement or work that you will want to show off in your portfolio.
Mortgage Closer
Mortgage Closer (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud MNJanuary 2, 2018
I have worked as a Mortgage closer for Capital One for 15 years. In that time period, we have gone from paper application to on-line applications. I have the opportunity to learn the Mortgage process from the beginning to the end of the process. This includes reviewing title, working with Underwriting and Post closing to make sure that alll of the documents are with in compliance.
Pros
Flexible time off and benefits
Cons
Can be slower at times
Great place to work, but must deal with Performance Management, and the occasional "forced distribution".
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Move departments and/or teams every 3 years or so to stay fresh. Burnout is a risk.

Performance Management can be stressful, especially when "forced distribution" is being used.
Pros
Great cafeterias
Cons
Burn-out can be a risk. Move departments and teams often to stay fresh.
it was ok
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 1, 2018
Capital has many benefits but the pay is not competitive compaared to other companies in the same industry. I found that they cater to a younger fresh out of college people to low ball them on salary.
n/a
Extended Operations Manager, Card Operations (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 1, 2018
great place to work, great people, great culture, love the performance driven environment, very smart people with variety of skills and backgrounds, collaborative
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun work place
Customer Service Solutions Team (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 1, 2018
ping pong tables, game systems in break rooms, great work environment, typical call center, no real advancement, hours are no good. they say schedule can change, but it really doesn't.
Not concerned with employee happiness
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 1, 2018
While I was working there, they went through multiple rounds of layoffs to re-distribute jobs to other locations. 300+ of the 500 employees were laid off.
Great place to work if you enjoy making people smile
Banker (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 1, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of receiving deposits and payments. The hardest part of the job involved resolving customer issues and complaints that don't have a quick solution.
Great place to drive change, work with great people
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 31, 2017
Great place to learn about financial services in US. Company is proponent of transitioning within the company. Strong focus on digital and innovation. The people and teams make this a truly great place to work.
Pros
Great people, great managers, development program, competitive compensation
Cons
can get lost in large corporate structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.