Capital Region BOCES Employee Reviews in United States

Very fun and easygoing
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYApril 19, 2016
Management is great! A little busy at the beginning and end, but gets slow during the middle. Coworkers are awesome. Great place to work.
Good job but no room for growth.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 8, 2015
I would typically know what school I would be assigned to prior. My day would begin with me heading to the office to sign in and head to my classroom. I mostly substituted for physical education class, which I'm certified in but would also teach other classes as well. I constantly was working with different people and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is trying to set ground rules for students who don't know you. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with the children and seeing them enjoy their activities.
Good place to professionally work part time
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 8, 2013
I think the organization has a great mission. Work days begin with open availability at 5am. The management seemed friendly and accommodating. Most of my coworkers although I didn't see a lot of them were positive people going in the right direction. I'd say the hardest part of the job was the flexibility without a promise of ongoing employment. Interacting with people and having a opportunity to improve their lives was the most enjoyable part of the position.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
there was no steady work
Very diverse group of school districts
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 20, 2013
This job was all over the place. Some weeks you wouldn't be called in at all, other weeks would see school districts fighting to get you to come to them. Each district payed a different rate. Since the BOCES system worked with between ten and fifteen different districts, you're take home pay would fluctuate wildly. Over all not terrible, but also not the best experience I've had subbing.
Pros
work with many different students in a variety of schools.
Cons
no healthcare, no guarantee of work each day, variable pay
Pleasant Work Experience
Substitute (Mathematics) Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 23, 2015
The staff are always willing to accommodate substitutes with location- and content-relevant work. I go to the school as assigned, and carry out appropriate lessons as directed by the regular classroom teacher.
my job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 7, 2015
I worked as a Teaching Assistant with children with disabilities. My job was enjoyable and proved challenging at times. I felt I made a difference in many children's lives.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low salary
Great experience
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 22, 2013
Substitute teaching is a great way to experience teaching multiple grade levels and become acquainted with colleagues. I have been able to experience many classrooms and get a feel of what works and what does not work in the classroom.

2.8