Capital Regional Medical Center

Capital Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Unit Secretary work
Unit Secretary/ Monitor Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Work was challenging yet rewarding. I learned how to deal with people who were different from me. Management was okay;Some managers were better than others.It was a interesting place to work never boring. The hardest part of my job was how co-workers and guess were at times. I loved helping people and seeing them get better.
Pros
great learning enviroment
Cons
Severely understaffed on night shift with CT
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 20, 2017
The people I have come to know are very nice and helpful like nurses and doctors and so forth. However it is extremely too busy for just one technologist to handle at night. I feel like management is so focused on times and getting every dot and t perfectly placed that inter department relationships are strained if not lost and the staff are too focused on not getting disciplinary points that the enjoyment of working with and for people is strained also if not dead.
Hard
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 10, 2016
I find this a difficult place to work. I feel the workload is a bit much, but maybe because I am a fairly new nurse. I don't think we have the greatest management, either. I feel like more of one among numbers at work than I do a valued employee. Although I don't think that this is what HCA is trying to give off as a theme, that's what I find it to be. I enjoy my co-workers and they are always very helpful when I need it. Honestly the most enjoyable part of my day is going home.
Cons
hard to find someone to cover you for lunches and breaks
Na
Imaging tech Assistant/CURRENT POSITION (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 16, 2017
My experience at capital regional medical center has been a very interesting experience. A typical day for me is very busy and stressful and not a lot of team work from everybody In my department.....Management in my opinion needs major change I feel
Terrible work Environment
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 14, 2016
Use to be good place to work. The management does not care about the employees, although the CEO will keep telling you that your voice matters. Cutting hours and slashing pay is common , and with being over worked because of low staff due to corporate only worried about the numbers, people have left...
As a former employee in the Ultrasound Dept, all the techs are miserable , waiting for a job to pop up so they can get out. The ultrasound supervisor is a boss and not a leader. Has no patience and does not want to take the time to work with an employee.
The ultrasound supervisor is a workplace bully and also will lie when the opportunity arises and will be 100 percent backed by the dept director, Mainly you are ridiculed, yelled at and treated badly. The Radiology director is worthless. If you have an issue, don't bother. He does not want to get involved and if he does , it will be of no benefit to you and only to the supervisor of that department. New management is needed there badly. If the sorry management were replaced, maybe people would stay and they would not need the big sign out on the billboards offering sign on incentives.....Just keep driving by.........
Pros
when your shift ends
Cons
poor management, work environment, under staffed
Just a part time job
GREETER (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 1, 2017
This was a good part time job. I learned that the higher management doesn't always care about the "normal" people doing the day to day job that keeps the hospital operating. I did love what I did for the hospital, but it opened my eyes to big management.
nice place to work
Revenue Integrity Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 8, 2016
Advancement, friendly clean environment. Excellent training. return to school tuition. friendly people. Good patient care, good nursing staff. Room for advancement.
Pros
nice cafetaria
Cons
pay not as good
Depends on your job description...
Office Job (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 3, 2014
I wouldn't mind being a clinical staff person here, there are some frustrating things like a lack of equipment, rude physicians and incompetent co-workers, but it's not the most difficult nursing/CNA job in the world. Also, thanks to wishy-washy administration, staff are more or less allowed to run wild so there's very little chance of being fired. However, for anyone in an "office job" this place can be a heck on earth. A typical day includes hostile and useless co-workers, insultingly low salaries, being expected to work tons of extra hours for free and perform miracles without any support, resources or praise. The most enjoyable part of the job are the times when you get to interact with patients. The worst part of my day was pretty much every other minute that I wasn't with a patient or in the bathroom.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Wishing you would get hit by a bus on the way to work
great job
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2016
you are your own boss, time management is needed, communication with family, develop repose with family, great to work with if in school. has booth adults and kids to work with
Productive fun place to work
Mammographer (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 1, 2014
Productive fun place to work. Always busy in all modalities. Student oriented facility which I find very cumbersome and pleasing to teach, their welcomed with open arms.
Productive and happy management. Makes everyday feeling of work pleasant. Beautiful facility neat and clean. Patients are treated like family each and every one. Even the patients enjoy their visit even when feeling sick or hurt. All modalities work great together as a whole. The benefits I hear are good but I was PRN didn't have that privilege.
Fun place to work at
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 6, 2015
Great working there. Best job I ever had and wish they paid more. If they paid more I would be there forever. Everyone in plant operations were willing to be team players and get things done.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
Enjoyable one of the best ;)
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 6, 2013
I came to work was greeted by enjoyable people
I learned teamwork and joy from co workers
Awesome management
I loved my co workers
The hardest part was losing the job
The m ost enjoyable was the welcome from the en tire staff
Pros
Excellant benefits
Great Experience
Radiology- Imaging Technical Assistant- ER (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 17, 2016
Once I started here, I made it my best effort to make the best and learn all and gain all the skills that I can
Not a bad place to work
Operating Room/ Hyperbarics Tech (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2012
Hospital work is hospital work. For the most part, given the amount of moving parts, CRMC does a pretty good job of taking care of their employees be it via compensation, training, team-building, and facilities.
Great hospital
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 21, 2016
I really liked the staff at capital regional. There never was a boring day at work. I learned so much from the surgeons and techs everyone was very helpful in making you feel welcomed.
WORST PLACE TO EVER WORK AT (Registration Dept)
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  VariesJuly 30, 2015
Capital Regional as a facility is a great place to work at, especially if seeking career in the healthcare dept, but the registration dept is the absolute WORST JOB YOU COULD EVER HAVE.

The management is HORRIBLE!!! They do not care about their employees at all! The supervisor/manager/director do not care to talk to you or help you improve as an employee.

Your job is solely based on whether or not patients pay their copayments/deductibles NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU!
Your job will CONSTANTLY BE THREATENED. During the interview process they fail to say anything about a goal but once at the facilty it is a "requirement" that they come up with which is IMPOSSIBLE to acquire (especially if you are seeking to work overnight or in the pediatric dept)

You CONSTANTLY get written up for things that are out of your control.

YOUR VOICE WILL NOT BE HEARD! Even if you choose to go an alternative route and call HR or the PAS (Parallon is the company we work for) themselves, they ignore what you have to say. The managerial staff that has been at this facility have been here for years so their words are what hold morality.

The turnover is FREQUENT. DO NOT work here simply because it will put you in a bad scenario. They claim it to be stress free but in all actuality it is NOT!

IN OTHER WORDS, KEEP YOUR JOB SEARCH GOING!!!
Pros
GET OUT NOW
Cons
LITERALLY EVERYTHING
N/a
Patient Access Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 23, 2014
• Managed 7 & Co-Managed 54 staff in a busy 60 bed ER Dept.
• Provided feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor and Director.
• Developed new methods to reduce data discrepancies and improved staff efficiency.
• Ensured staff compliance with department policies and procedures, according to OSHA, AHCA, and HIPPA standards.
• Assisted supervisor with staffing, report reconciliation, Quality Assurance process, and other duties as assigned.
• Assumed On-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staffing and problem solving.
• Worked closely and professionally with nursing, doctoral, & ancillary departments to maintain a teamwork approach.
• Involved in the hiring, transfer, promotion, grievance resolution, or discharge of subordinate personnel.
• Collected and compiled data to create reports for daily analysis, of patient information and staff performance.
• Attended staff meetings and summarizes and conveys keys points to junior staff.
Acute Care Hospital
Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 9, 2013
Accountable for 24-hour administrative coverage for nursing of a 198-bed acute care facility. Active daily role in patient flow, staffing management, customer service representative, and emergency preparation clinical coordinator. nurse executive representative on various hospital and medical staff committees.
Best part of the job was the resources available to focus on patient safety and quality patient care.
The worse part of the job was commuting 2 hours one-way. My home did not sell when the real estate market fell in 2008 making it impossible to relocate.
Pros
Many resources. Patient centered organization.
Cons
Daily commute
Best job EVER!
Overnight Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Grateful to work with intelligent staff, well-trained, proactive team players! Everyone was helpful and generous from beginning to end. It was what defined me as the technician I have become. I was taught the importance of safety, detail, and urgency of a fast pace hospital environment. I constantly was learning new things! Grateful to work with previous educators that wanted me to grow, and reach higher goals! I'm so thankful for all there inspiration and positive feedback!
Pros
Great staff, positive team players, night shift
Cons
Pay rate
I felt that there was no guidance in my department. Very unorganized.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 2, 2015
I dreaded going into work everyday. I never felt like I was properly trained. Some coworkers would get irritated or annoyed when I had questions or needed help. There were never set duties for just one individual so you never knew what you were suppose to be doing.

I had to learn a lot on my own or by observing. which wasn't bad, just very inconvenient when I had questions.

We had wonderful people that were our managers. They were always friendly and loved small talk, Always wanted to know about your day and how you were doing. but I never felt that anything was enforced and I noticed a lot of things weren't organization.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
doesn't train well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Capital Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location