Capital Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

awesome place.
Cardiovascular Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2018
great people and great docs. not overly busy. didn't do unneccisary procedures on patients. management was good but the director retired and no one replaced him while i was there. the most enjoyable part was the fellow employees. Made work fun and worth showing up.
Pros
great work invironment
Cons
no director
Great team workers.
Psychiatric RN & ER Psych Intake (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 24, 2017
Loved the job and loved the people I worked for, but I was there as a traveler, and they would not accept me as full time. I would definitely recommend this hospital's BHU.
Pros
30 min lunch times; overtime available;patient's daily schedule
Cons
communication with directors
Very fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 30, 2017
The most enjoyable time of the job is when you are able to go in a room with a patient and clean up for them and they inform you that you do an awesome job keep up the great work.
Learning experience
Patient Care Technician III and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Having 40 patients can be challenging but the patients comes first. Vitals and assisting with daily living and aiding them to get better so they can go home with their love ones.
Good Manager, lack of opportunity to transfer or advance
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 4, 2017
I felt I was working often in unsafe conditions and that the expectations for the unit were unobtainable due to high patient ratios. I had administrative duties along with having anywhere from 7 - 12 patients at one time. Rules often changed daily and were not enforced adequately by management. Although this was a part of a larger corporation, educators and administrators from the corporate offices had to always take into account that our facility was the only one who had such high patient ratios when rolling out new workplace initiatives.

The overall management team had favorites as to who would be promoted. A "good ol' girls club" and lots of family member advancement.
Pros
No one was ever fired
Cons
Rarely had staffing to take breaks, uneven workloads
Busy hospital
REGISTERED NURSE-ONCOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 3, 2017
Very busy hospital , lots of RN turn over related to staffing, however, this hospital is very supportive and offers lots of opportunities for growth in RNs.
love the ER
REGISTERED NURSE/EMERGENCY ROOM (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 18, 2017
working at Capital regional was a very good experience, the training for new nurses is exceptional and I feel like they had their employees best interest at hand
Falling apart
Progressive Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 16, 2017
The company is quickly losing staff - nurse/patient ratios were unsafe but due to high patient volume and high turn-over the nurses frequently were working way too many hours and caring for an unsafe number of patients based on acuity. The hospital needs to cap patient ratios at safe levels and they do not.
Pros
hard working staff
Cons
patient ratio
Not good if you get stressed easy
Housekeeper Hospital housekeeping systems (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 1, 2017
bad management and poor work environment, the management is rude and unprofessional, employees keep the stock room fifthly and the employees including the nurses.
productive place to work
CSS Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 28, 2017
productive place to work and a great learning environment but it does have you moving all day up and down floors and working around in the OR rooms but you do get to meets really nice people
Pros
good pay
Cons
health care
Fast paced and rewarding
Registered Nurse ER, CDU (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 9, 2017
Fast paced and rewarding environment to provide excellence in patient care - within new areas - reflecting progressiveness to meet societies growing healthcare needs.
N/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2017
Typical day is full of adventure. I have learned a lot about nursing and management. Workplace is very diverse. Great team work. Hardest part are caring for the very sick patents. The most enjoyable is caring for those sick patients and helping restore them back to life. Great place to work!
always something to do
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 12, 2017
In my opinion, there is no job stability and communication is low.
although if you are interested in nursing, care giving or any medical field this is a good place to start out
Good hospital care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 5, 2017
Each day was a new day of surgery needing to be done. The staff showed up, worked well and kept things going,
Management was good and kept up with OR needs, and staff needs.
Workplace culture was cooperative, and helpful in all things.
There was no very hard aspects of this place, all things were planned and supported well.
Pros
Good people
Cons
The management issue has been corrected with new management
Plant Operations/Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 22, 2017
Over all this was a good job. To provide a service to those in need even if they never meet you was comforting. Work loads were not distributed evenly among all workers.
Pros
Nice to provide services that others benefited from even if they did not know who you were.
Cons
At the time management was neglectful in his duties and projected his negativity on others.
nice people to work with
case manager/UR (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 2, 2017
no day is the same
I have an interesting skill set now for discharge planning and utilization review
management is friendly
healthcare can be stressful...most of the staff work together well
hardest part is not being able to arrange services for some patients
most enjoyable part is a smooth transition to their next safe spot
Pros
I choose my own hours
Cons
being salaried and working overtime...
Great environment
General Medicine Rotation (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 22, 2017
This was a clinical rotation site and not a place of employment for me. However, I have applied to this hospital and will hopefully hear something soon.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
N/a
Enjoyable workplace but can get hectic at times. It is a busy place but of course it is a hospital but a lovely place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 20, 2017
The work environment is busy at times but that is any workplace. I enjoy working with the hospital. The atmosphere and moral was good. I enjoy my career status and I will continue to work in the medical field.
Pros
discount on meals, opportunities to change departments after 6months to a year, tuition reimbursement, and the benefits are great
Cons
breaks are short if you are busy on the floor.
poor management, beware of retaliation
RN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2017
Management cares only about themselves and beware of retaliation.......Attempted multiple times to talk to both management and administration regarding issues but never any changes. only excuses
It was one of the best place I had ever worked for
Patient Transporter team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 8, 2017
I acquired most of my Knowledge with them I was well training by everyone in other to performed my job to a higher standard. I wish everyone good luck in a job search with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Capital Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location