Capital Regional Medical Center

Capital Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 6, 2015
Great working there. Best job I ever had and wish they paid more. If they paid more I would be there forever. Everyone in plant operations were willing to be team players and get things done.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
Best job EVER!
Overnight Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Grateful to work with intelligent staff, well-trained, proactive team players! Everyone was helpful and generous from beginning to end. It was what defined me as the technician I have become. I was taught the importance of safety, detail, and urgency of a fast pace hospital environment. I constantly was learning new things! Grateful to work with previous educators that wanted me to grow, and reach higher goals! I'm so thankful for all there inspiration and positive feedback!
Pros
Great staff, positive team players, night shift
Cons
Pay rate
WORST PLACE TO EVER WORK AT (Registration Dept)
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  VariesJuly 30, 2015
Capital Regional as a facility is a great place to work at, especially if seeking career in the healthcare dept, but the registration dept is the absolute WORST JOB YOU COULD EVER HAVE.

The management is HORRIBLE!!! They do not care about their employees at all! The supervisor/manager/director do not care to talk to you or help you improve as an employee.

Your job is solely based on whether or not patients pay their copayments/deductibles NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU!
Your job will CONSTANTLY BE THREATENED. During the interview process they fail to say anything about a goal but once at the facilty it is a "requirement" that they come up with which is IMPOSSIBLE to acquire (especially if you are seeking to work overnight or in the pediatric dept)

You CONSTANTLY get written up for things that are out of your control.

YOUR VOICE WILL NOT BE HEARD! Even if you choose to go an alternative route and call HR or the PAS (Parallon is the company we work for) themselves, they ignore what you have to say. The managerial staff that has been at this facility have been here for years so their words are what hold morality.

The turnover is FREQUENT. DO NOT work here simply because it will put you in a bad scenario. They claim it to be stress free but in all actuality it is NOT!

IN OTHER WORDS, KEEP YOUR JOB SEARCH GOING!!!
Pros
GET OUT NOW
Cons
LITERALLY EVERYTHING
worst place Ive ever worked!
Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 9, 2015
Most unorganized lab ever! Physicians are nasty to work with, no type of preceptorship is in place, paper work is ridiculous! The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. The employee turnover throughout the entire hospital is terrible!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Poor morale among staff leading to I dont care attitudes among staff
I felt that there was no guidance in my department. Very unorganized.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 2, 2015
I dreaded going into work everyday. I never felt like I was properly trained. Some coworkers would get irritated or annoyed when I had questions or needed help. There were never set duties for just one individual so you never knew what you were suppose to be doing.

I had to learn a lot on my own or by observing. which wasn't bad, just very inconvenient when I had questions.

We had wonderful people that were our managers. They were always friendly and loved small talk, Always wanted to know about your day and how you were doing. but I never felt that anything was enforced and I noticed a lot of things weren't organization.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
doesn't train well
helping patient to achieve optimal health
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 29, 2015
working closely with nursing assistant, nurses to plan daily activities to provide comfort and improve the health of the patient
I will always be appreciative of the opportunity provided to be me.
Registered Nurse-Transition Unit (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 26, 2015
I will always appreciate the opportunity allotted to me to learn and gain experience in the "real life" nursing setting here as a Graduate Nurse. However, due to their location, I had to relocate back to Jacksonville as soon as possible for personal reasons.
Enjoyable part of my job
Clinical Application Analyst, Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed being the liaison between our end users and our IT department. Helping determine issues and resolutions, identify workflows and implement change.
very friendly staff
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlFebruary 6, 2015
Capital Regional Medical Center is a very friendly place with well trained staff and expert doctors. The hospital is the second largest in the Tallahassee area .
N/A
Patient Access Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 23, 2014
• Managed 7 & Co-Managed 54 staff in a busy 60 bed ER Dept.
• Provided feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor and Director.
• Developed new methods to reduce data discrepancies and improved staff efficiency.
• Ensured staff compliance with department policies and procedures, according to OSHA, AHCA, and HIPPA standards.
• Assisted supervisor with staffing, report reconciliation, Quality Assurance process, and other duties as assigned.
• Assumed On-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staffing and problem solving.
• Worked closely and professionally with nursing, doctoral, & ancillary departments to maintain a teamwork approach.
• Involved in the hiring, transfer, promotion, grievance resolution, or discharge of subordinate personnel.
• Collected and compiled data to create reports for daily analysis, of patient information and staff performance.
• Attended staff meetings and summarizes and conveys keys points to junior staff.
Work flow is consistant
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Overtime is always availbale
Consistant work flow
Working with irrate patients
Staff activites outside of workplace
Pros
overtime
Cons
staffing is not always consistant
Depends on your job description...
Office Job (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 3, 2014
I wouldn't mind being a clinical staff person here, there are some frustrating things like a lack of equipment, rude physicians and incompetent co-workers, but it's not the most difficult nursing/CNA job in the world. Also, thanks to wishy-washy administration, staff are more or less allowed to run wild so there's very little chance of being fired. However, for anyone in an "office job" this place can be a heck on earth. A typical day includes hostile and useless co-workers, insultingly low salaries, being expected to work tons of extra hours for free and perform miracles without any support, resources or praise. The most enjoyable part of the job are the times when you get to interact with patients. The worst part of my day was pretty much every other minute that I wasn't with a patient or in the bathroom.
Pros
patients
Cons
wishing you would get hit by a bus on the way to work
Productive fun place to work
Mammographer (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 1, 2014
Productive fun place to work. Always busy in all modalities. Student oriented facility which I find very cumbersome and pleasing to teach, their welcomed with open arms.
Productive and happy management. Makes everyday feeling of work pleasant. Beautiful facility neat and clean. Patients are treated like family each and every one. Even the patients enjoy their visit even when feeling sick or hurt. All modalities work great together as a whole. The benefits I hear are good but I was PRN didn't have that privilege.
Wonderful work environment
Externship Program (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee,FLAugust 21, 2014
Learn a lot from doctors and other nurses. Laid back environment and friendly staff. Doctors and management are approachable and open to input.
Pros
newborn babies
Cons
short staff hard to take off
Over all a wonderful place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 8, 2014
This has been a great job. I felt that our opinions were respected and taken into account.
Fantastic healthcare team
Radiology Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 31, 2014
I worked among many talented, caring individuals to support the organization's mission while helping patients obtain necessary care.
PRODUCTIVE DAY
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 10, 2014
Love my co-workers. great place to work. Enjoyed working here!
Pros
when called in to work empoyees recieve wal-mart gift card
Invasive Vascular Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 16, 2014
Great place to work. I enjoyed my time at CRMC. I would recommend working here.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 7, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to receive all the overtime I wanted
Clinical Hospital enviorment
Student Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 29, 2013
Have excellent patient care, take x-rays, and limit patient radiation dose.Assist and perform fluoroscopic exams. Work the c-arm in surgery. Perform mobile exams.