Capital University Employee Reviews

great place to work and study
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 7, 2016
I was a student researcher so I cannot comment on full time employment. This university is a great place to study! Also, the student body great.
Uplifting and Inspiring
Visit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 13, 2016
A work day at Capital University involves hard work that requires focus and determination and there is a certain pride in the work we do. My co-workers are like family. We all do our best to uplift one another, encourage each other in our daily work, and correct each other in a respectful way that helps us push one another forward. In the admission office, the hardest part of my job is staying up to date with ever changing details. One detail could change 4 times in a 60 second period. As the Visit Coordinator, I have further developed my problem solving skills and my brain has been continually trained to pay special attention to detail. A hard day's work is always worth it when our prospective students leave our campus with a smile and tell us how important and valued they felt as a member of our campus community, if only for a few hours.
Pros
Fun staff outings, two week winter break, wonderful healthcare benefits, free access to gym, vibrant campus community
I enjoyed working in a small office setting.
Secretary to Director of Adult Degree Programs (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
Provided secretarial support to.Director, Professors and Advisors, request transcripts from other institutions, record grades and test scores in system. Maintain student files, compose and mailed letters to prospective students.
Hard working environment
Wide Receivers Coach-Offense/Video Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2015
I learned the true meaning of hard work while at Capital University. I was able to learn something from every member on the staff from the Head Coach to other Assistant Coaches. I really liked recruiting and traveling to high schools developing relationships with both coaches and players. The best part about coaching at Capital was the relationships that I formed with our own players and helping young men develop both on and off the field.
Pros
Recruiting high school players and developing Capital football players both on and off the field
Cons
In season we typically worked 7 days a week for 3 months
Admissions
Data Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2015
I learned a large amount about the admissions process and about reaching out to targeted groups of students. I also learned how to multi-task and keep organized with multiple and often overlapping priorities.
Capital University
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2014
Great entry level position, small college located in Bexley, good opportunity to start off volunteering and achieve a position
Excellent Opportunity
Personal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bexley, OHJuly 7, 2014
Drafted email and written correspondence
Scheduled meetings and interviews
Created technical documents
College Campus
FRONTLINE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 2, 2014
Typical cafeteria within the college atmosphere, Management was indescribable for lack of a better expression..
Friendly working attmosphere, family oriented
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioDecember 8, 2013
The university is dedicated to the students that attend the school and work hard to strive to make sure each and every one receives a good education.
Productive and school related
Ground keeper (Former Employee) –  Bexley, OHAugust 19, 2013
Got to improve the surroundings of my school while still following my college ambitions and living as a college kid.

Want to know more about Capital University?

Ask a question
Fantastic Atmosphere
Grill Cook/Dessert Guy (Former Employee) –  Bexley, OHJuly 1, 2013
The best part of working here is I get to cook and interact with all the students that come by. Having interactions makes the job easier and a lot more fun. I have learned to be a better team leader
Excellent graduate education with personal attention
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - ANALYTICS (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 8, 2013
Capital University's MBA program is a top-notch program in Columbus, OH without the premium price tag. Staffed by tenured, executive, and international professors students receive rigorous instruction with an invested interest in your success.
Productive workplace with people willing to help
Student Affairs Intern (Current Employee) –  Bexley, OHFebruary 28, 2013
The Residential and Commuter Life office at Capital University is a great place to work. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working with the staff and enhancing the life of the students as Capital University.
Productive and fun coaching athletes
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2012
I love coaching the athletes. Improving their technique everyday to throw farther in their particular discipline. The hardest part of the job is finding space to practice.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
limited space
unorganized company
front desk cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 14, 2012
I been with capital dining service for 3 yrs and learned a lot
Pros
free all u can eat and drink lunch
Cons
not organized at all and they will hire anybody need to start drug testing
Productive workplace with low pay
Facilities and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2012
I just found it unfair that I had to do hard work all day and get paid the same as others who sat at a table all day and got to check for I.D's and even have time to study.
Pros
worked around your class schedule
Cons
staff was low on workers