Capital Employee Reviews in United States

Was a great place to work until our dept was "reorganized".
Senior Data Center Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2015
Great company, awesome benefits, salary, bonuses were very generous. They work hard to accommodate your work/life balance. Great on-site cafe, no issues with parking. Very big on associate development. Extremely sensitive regarding political correctness, company image.
Pros
above average salaries, bonuses, free parking, holiday luncheons
Cons
sometimes a bit pushy on self evaluations, reviews etc...
Great Employer
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 4, 2016
A typical day is to work is processing and assisting helping clients with transactions. I have learned a lot of things about mutual funds. Management is very understanding and always ready to help the clients and the associates. Co-workers are amazing and happy to step-in and help each other grow. The hardest part of my job is not trying to take advantage of all the opportunity's that are offered to us as employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I don't feel stressed while or when I leave work.
Pros
Great pay and free lunches
Cons
sometimes work life balance
Great Benefits, Great Job if you like a call center enviornment
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78251April 18, 2016
Financial Services Call Center. Great Co-workers, great training programs. Hardest part of the job was there were no breaks in between calls. You end one call and the other call pops in. You never know what the next call will request for. It was very call center oriented. No matter how stellar of a job you do, it never good enough.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the valuable training I received and how to hone my customer service skills.
Pros
Great Co-workers, great benefits
Cons
its a call center, you cannot be off the phones.
Safe an enjoyable workplace
Batch Maker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 7, 2016
Come in clean and prepare area for whatever is being ran that morning. Make labels for boxes, brought, pallets to work area. Teamwork, safety, and knowledge of others is learned daily. The hardest part of the job if I had to pick would probably be lifting 70lbs constantly. Great co workers they gave their all. The most enjoyable part of the job would be they gave me the opportunity to better my forklift skills and knowledge of shipping an receiving
Pros
great enviroment, getting off at 3:00 daily
Cons
worng order come from up front they blame us
Very professional and production work environment. This company really values there employees culture and core values.
Office Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Pros
peaceful work environment
Cons
Hard to secure a full position
Quiet and Beautiful. long term temp little pay per week.
retirement financial processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
Very Spacious building with company chefs and onsite Gymnasium.
on avg per week 25-30hrs, went through staffing agency.
Pros
amazing breakfast/lunch menus resonable prices
Cons
Long term temp when no work sent home early(everyday) hrs/wk 25-30
productive and fun workplace
Investment Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 27, 2016
a typical day at work consisted of processing any investments mailed in along with data entry and dealer changes. I enjoyed working independently and at my own pace. the flexible schedule was also a plus
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not enough breaks
Productive atmosphere
Marketing Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2016
Learned a lot about the information processed through the market. The management was pretty fair across the board. Group discussions about the clients we worked with a daily basis
Cons
The hours were perfect.
Great Experience
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 31, 2016
Overall, I am enjoying my time with Capital Group. After taking some time to transition back to the Virginia Beach area, I was approached by Capital Group after expressing interest to get back into the financial industry.
N/a
Managing Director/Owner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
N/A This was my own independent firm created to provide customized solutions to business owners or mid tier firms in banking services and healthcare.
Pros
Self employed project driven
Cons

Want to know more about Capital?

Ask a question
They talk a good talk but...
Senior Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2015
...in the end they are just like every other financial industry call center out there in that they want a smiling face that doesn't question authority.

You work in an environment where they encourage you to share your knowledge with your peers but are penalized for not taking call after call. Basically you're damned if you do & damned if you don't
Pros
on-site catered cafeteria, beautiful facilities, bonuses
Cons
call-center environment
I am a Partner in this firm.
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 16, 2016
My salary is based on commission. For each client that I acquire, I pay 10% to the company to assist with the growth of the business.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Seasonal
Great on attention to detail and customer satisfaction
Customer Care Rep III (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 29, 2015
Not really loyal to employees with seniority. My co-workers were great to work with and we did work as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers. The hardest part was taking sup calls and having to say no to a specific request but then being able to diffuse the situation.
Great company
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 28, 2016
it was great, very Stepford wife's type of environment but it works sdsfiahfiopdsyfuoiDFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFZCVN; XJZM,CNHDAIUSHCAskjdVNKJLzsXN ,MLVN skzjlv nsoDVJL a:ldV
Very fast paced environment
Executive Admin II (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 19, 2016
The company structure is very well develop. It is a very fast paced environment. The people are really nice. They are always in meetings back to back. They are very hard working professional people.
Great Learning Experience of Investment offered
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2013
A typical day at work started with us clocking in at our desk and starting up all programs needed to start our work. We would process all investment until all were completed for that work day. In which would leave us getting off early on some days and maybe staying late on others.
Through out the training process I learned a lot about investments types and procedures: college funds, IRA's, retirement funds and 401k and 403b, etc.
You really form a bond with the people you start training with.
The hardest part of the job was on the days we had to leave early do to work flow.
The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch, The company cafe' provided an assortment of meals at a very great price.
Cons
leaving early due to work flow
Challenging and Fun work environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Currently working in typical day at work in current client environment, giving opportunity to explore the new technologies to work
Great, collaborative culture. Generous benefits
AVP/Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, azFebruary 1, 2015
American Funds/Capital Group is a great place to work. They have a collaborative and supportive environment. It is privately held.
Pros
great retirement plan & other benefits, supportive environment
Cons
shrinking service model
Good company with good benefits.
Senior H.O.S.T (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2012
The company overall is an excellent company to work for, however, the middle management has values that are not in line with my personal values. I am choosing to look for employment elsewhere.
Pros
great benefits and salary scale
Cons
middle management
Innovative
FB COACH (Current Employee) –  Walpole, MAOctober 15, 2015
Great atmosphere with a great boss in a great setting. Coludn't ask for a better learning environment or a nicer staff to work with.