CAPITOL CARE INC Employee Reviews

long hours expensive benefits
Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 17, 2017
Salary given so they can work you long hours with no overtime.No breaks for lunch even given.Told they would reimburse for gas then they did not.They did not care about their employees.
Great Place to Work for Motivated Individuals
Assistant Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJAugust 11, 2017
I have worked for Capitol Care for the past four months in an administrative role. Through my short time at this company, I have seen that administration is more than willing to work with people who are willing to learn. Advancement opportunities are provided to those who are self-motivated and willing to work. Inside and outside training is provided and encouraged. Work here if you are looking to excel in the field and be provided with a structured work environment.
Pros
A lot of training
Growth
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJAugust 8, 2017
As a former compliance officer, during my short tenure, my experience was positive. Management was fair and open. If you can't accept criticism perhaps this agency is not for you. Management is straight forward, shoot from the hip but are consistent with their approach. There are policies and procedures and for those who value their role understand the agencies goals and requirements and are open to criticism. For those who are in a job have a tendency to project while ranting with excuses. Overall my experience was extremely positive and rewarding. Keep up the great works.
Pros
Benefits; Work Life Balance; Training; Growth
Cons
Negative and Dishonest Employees
enjoy my work
Group Director (Current Employee) –  Wantage, NJAugust 1, 2017
I've only been working here for over a year now and I can truly say I stand by this company and what it represents. Amazing clients and amazing coworkers. Love coming into work!
love the company
Director (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 1, 2017
I have been with this company for 5 years and all I can say is the employees work hard and are very dedicated to their work. Great Company. Overall, I'm glad I have worked here for so long. Very loyal.
Working at Capitol Care
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJAugust 1, 2017
Working with Clients and helping them gain skills for everyday life. I've learned to have patience and be more confident in my work. The culture here is upbeat and happy. The hardest part of the job is when you first join. The training and just learning all the new material for the job can be overwhelming but, it is rewarding after. Enjoyable part is knowing you are helping these people who sometimes can't live on there own.
Capitol Care cares!!!
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 26, 2017
Capitol Care is my first ever job in the field of Human Services. For the past year now I have learned how to excel in this company. The leadership has driven me to become a future Residental Director and grow within the company. It is a great entry level position and has a varying work schedule. The hardest part of the job is learning all the regulates that go with a group home. Fun times like going to concerts or Broadway shows always made the clients happy, and so was I.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
when people don't come to relieve you of your shift
Great Company with Great Workers
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Sussex County, NJJuly 26, 2017
Working at Capitol Care has helped me grow into a hard working and dedicated worker that I am today. They provided me with the skills and knowledge I needed to succeed in their company. There are chances to develop as a person and be promoted within your job. Sadly, I had to leave Capitol Care to further my knowledge by pursuing my Master's Degree in Counseling. The company and its CEO were understanding and pushed me to widen my horizons in this field. This job had me stressed and working long hours, BUT at the end of the day, it was highly rewarding. I enjoyed working with the clients and making their day anyway I can.
Pros
paid well, gained knowledge and experience
Cons
long hours required in begin of job
They only care about the money.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 25, 2017
The company lives by its name, capitol first and the care comes second.They only care about making money and do the minimum in regards to the clients. They don't take responsibility for their mistakes/ shortcoming and place the blame on the direct support individuals and staff. I have also heard of them participating in shady activity which I am not surprised of. They have a high turnover rate in both clients and staff.They are appearance based and don't focus on actual client needs. Pay very low even for credentialed employees.
Pros
small company, everything is computerized
Cons
lack accountability, and care for clients. very low pay and little room for advancement
Always striving to be better
Primary Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJMay 12, 2017
I truly enjoy working for this company. Turn over is hard but the human service field has a lot of turn over. The state does not reimburse agency s well. The pay is better than most. The homes, program buildings are nice and leadership is accessible. If you have not worked many places it is hard appreciate the organization and structure. In the end the policies are in place to protect the employee. I love the people I work with as well as the individuals coming to program for help. If you are willing to work hard . Understand helping people is hard. This is a great company but a company can not create personal drive and dedication. So if you have these qualities come work for Capitol Care.
Pros
Ability to be part of all aspects of the company, many opportunities to learn and advance if you want to work hard
Cons
None noted at this time.
Poor communication
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 5, 2017
Miss Management, my co.worked are excellent but the management team is very poor, They don't hire within, I apply for a group Home position and they never get back to me
Terrible place to work for
Group facilitator (Former Employee) –  Somerset New JerseyApril 19, 2017
First 6 months it was the worst experience I've ever had in all the years I have been working management sucks they move you up without any experience they want you and everyone else and every home or Day program to punch in at 8 o'clock with one time clock so you considered late at 8:04 people are always getting fired once they move you up a position it's really not worth it
Pros
The members and clients are awesome
Cons
Poor workmanship no teamwork
Capitol Care has great summer intern opportunities!
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJApril 9, 2017
Capitol Care inc. is a warm and welcoming company that I got to intern with over the past two summers. While working there I was constantly learning new things about the mental health care field and all that goes into it. The community of people I worked with were very inviting and always willing to help out if you had any inquiries. Capitol Care has many opportunities to grow as an employee and as a person. I enjoyed the clients and the overall atmosphere of the workplace
Pros
Welcoming employees, friendly clients, considerate, overall great atmosphere
Cons
None personally
Demanding, yet rewarding experience
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJDecember 28, 2016
Working with the unique populations which Capitol Care provides services to, is demanding regardless of company affiliation. I deeply value the progress made with individuals served, and employees, alike. I was able to utilize Capitol Care to earn various training certifications and to establish exceptional professional relationships.
Great job to have helping people
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Arlington, NJNovember 13, 2016
This is a rewarding job assisting individuals with daily living skills. I have worked in three different positions within this company and have increased my knowledge greatly. As a Manager I have had the opportunity to train staff to increase their ability to move up within the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Being on call 24/7
One year later and still love the job
Assistant Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 26, 2016
I have been working for Capitol Care for a little over a year now and the passion I have for this company has only grown. Capitol Care pushes every employee to do their best and helps them achieve things they never thought they could. When I think about my job I think about growth. I have felt more support here than at any other job in the past and I feel it has impacted me professionally. I also feel appreciated. When my supervisor thanks me for staying late to complete a task or voluntarily complete additional work I know she genuinely means it. Capitol Care stands behind their mission and vision and it is reflected in every aspect of the Agency from the residential facilities to the charts, from the groups at day program to the recreational program, from the clinical services to the family support program. I look forward to many more years at Capitol Care!
Pros
Free health benefits after 3 years, supportive supervisors, opportunities for growth
Run from this employer!
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJJune 22, 2016
They are not a nice place to work for. They care more about their bottom line then they do about the clients or staff. Management is fair but anyone above the group home managers doesn't care about the employees and use them. They also hire Managers just to run them off instead of hiring or promoting people with experience from within. While working there I was witness to several shady practices such as decreasing vacation and sick time (blaming staff for overtime instead of taking the blame for running staff off), Also witnessed the CEO personally verbally attack and ridicule staff members at the managers meeting for having a good time at the Christmas party before they took that away from the staff also. If you work here watch your back!
Pros
Great Clients, Great Co-workers
Cons
No Bonuses, No Raises, They do not care about their employees
Not a nice place to work for!
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJJune 22, 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. I have never worked for a company as disorganized as this one! They would rather blame employees for their disorganization then take the blame for themselves. Co-workers and clients were the best part of the job. During my time there I witnessed several things such no bonuses, no raises, decrease in vacation and sick time (Company blamed staff for overtime instead of blaming themselves for running off staff) Great management support, but anyone above the managers seem to not support employee growth and only care about the bottom line. Also during my time there I saw them run off at least 30 different staff members that actually cared about the clients.
Pros
The clients are a joy to work with, Good Managers, Great Co-workers
Cons
No one above group home managers listens, treat employees unfairly, no bonuses, no raises, blame employees for everything wrong with the company when they need to take blame for themselves.
Fulfilling job!
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJApril 29, 2016
I started working for Capitol Care just as I was completing my bachelor’s degree. I had minimal experience and was hoping to gain an entry level position in the field. I had originally answered an advertisement in the paper for a Van Driver/Aid position but upon discussing that I had just received my bachelor’s in psychology, the individual interviewing me thought that being a group facilitator would be a more appropriate. From my interview to present day I have always felt that my potential has been noticed and acknowledged by the other staff at Capitol Care. I was grateful to work closely with the individuals in a group setting and I found that the work I was doing was always appreciated by the other employees and upper management.

After a year of working as a Group Facilitator I was given the opportunity to become a Clinical Specialist. By this time I was in graduate school working on my masters to become a counselor. I will admit that I was apprehensive to take on a position will also devoting mush of my time to my school work. I was happy to find that the position fit me well and that my supervisor was understanding of my school schedule. I was even able to complete my internship hours through Capitol Care and complete my supervision hours by the CEO of the company who devoted her time to helping me develop my counseling skills.

Capitol Care has given me so much support over the years. There have been numerous times when those in positions above me have expressed gratitude and appreciation for my work and I find that my hard work does not go unnoticed. I feel like
  more... I am a part of a team of caring staff who come to work each day with the same mission in mind as I do, to serve the individuals and provide the highest quality of services possible to make their lives the best they can be. Capitol Care has become like a family to me and I am grateful each day that I have the opportunity to do what I love and be surrounded by other people who have the same dedication as me.  less
Pros
great staff, always room to advance, direct contact with the clients
Cons
lots of paperwork, but that comes with the territory of this type of work
Start Here...Grow here and Make a Difference
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northern NJApril 28, 2016
Capitol Care was a new venture for me as I previously worked in a different field. I started at an entry level position and worked my way up to where I currently am as a Program Coordinator. I went to school for something completely different however due to the economy I was left to make life changing decision and decided to respond to a job posting for Capitol Care.

It was not long before I was approached for a promotion and met with to discuss the companies appreciation for my hard work, followed by another and then my final promotion all within 3 years. My hard work was never unnoticed and I received the guidance and support to move up within a company.

Capitol Care not only gave me an amazing job they changed my life completely. I began working in the group home and worked with 4 amazing individuals. I was given the opportunity to assist them in areas of need. We would cook, clean, go to basketball games at the college, hike the Appalachian Trail and so many other things I can not list them all. It was the first job I felt so good about when I got in the car to go home knowing that I had truly made a difference. At the Day Program I have the opportunity to assist them in other areas and have watched them grow to become more independent. The team that I observe and am a part of makes me very proud to know that we are here each day making a difference and always putting the individuals first.

Capitol Care has helped me in so many areas in becoming the person I am today, and given me the strength and support to help myself and others, at work and with my everyday
  more... life. I look forward to many more years with not only Capitol Care, but a home that has treated me with great appreciation and respect.  less
Pros
Free Medical Benefits after 3 yrs/Support/Growth
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAPITOL CARE INC. Our community is ready to answer.