Capitol Lighting / 1800Lighting.com Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
need more structure-orientation, mentors, systems and product knowledge.
Lighting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 11, 2017
Many promises made upon hiring- not true.
Need much more structure: orientation, mentors.
More training in Systems and product knowledge.
I have found there is no formal program available to
take a new hire through all company procedures
Pros
luxury showroom, store hours are reasonable
Cons
commission sales no pay check the same. paid on Gross Margin
Capitol Lighting is a great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 31, 2016
I would come in the morning and start taking incoming calls that came to my phone. I would be handed a store location to follow up and update for customers and the sales reps so they were informed. I learned about lighting fixtures from different brands, how fans operate on different switch boards to use multi remotes in the house for each one. I also learned what the companies goal was all about to make lives brighter every day. I was also taught how to fix what I needed to fix to make myself as a customer service rep better on the phones in every way possible so I can take that with me and teach it in the future. I don't see anything hard about that job except making sure everything was done in a timely matter and correct which helped me better my skills. The thing I enjoyed most about my job was the things I learned, the friends I made which made coming to work every day a joy. The management worked with you in everything you did and if you needed to ask a question, they will be there stopping what they are doing to make sure you got your answer. They wanted you to make that final decision on what you thing was best to make that customer happy in the end rather than always relying on management to make it for you.
Pros
atmosphere, the skills you learn, very well trained
Cons
i dont see anything bad about the company