Capitol Office Solutions Employee Reviews

This was a less than thrilling experience
Human Resource Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 17, 2014
While the work was extremely challenging and taught me a lot, I dealt with a very racially challenged management group. That only wanted cookie cutter sales people and was told directly that until they were sued by certain people, this is the way it was going to be. I established an internal recruiting pipeline for them only to have the HR manager take full credit for this idea. I appreciated the experience I got for recruiting and using different resources, the pay and bonus structure and hostile environment made it difficult
Pros
Acquiring new skills to recruit for difficult positions
Cons
Racism towards the type of sales people, low pay and commission structure
What a fun industry
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 6, 2014
NP is great. It is a family company, and they have a family culture with corporate professionalism. Everyone is very competitive so your success is up to you. But it is an extremely fun industry.
Pros
The industry, the pay, the benefits
Cons
i don't know
Very energetic atmosphere with helpful management
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2016
When there I enjoyed the environment working in downtown DC and with coworkers my age it was a fun time selling copiers. I learned a great deal on how to sell at a fast paced company however did not like selling with the monthly quota.
Productive Learning Environment
Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MdNovember 20, 2012
A typical work day would include setting aside duties for the week, calling creditors in order to establish a line of credit for customers. Create new lease agreements while extending existing customers agreements on products. Management was helpful in completing tasks. Most difficult part of job was learning different terms for multiple creditors. The most enjoyable part of lease administration was building upon skills already learned.
Pros
establishing relationship with creditors.
Cons
short breaks
50% turnover. If you take a job here, keep your options open. It's sort of like purgatory for your career.
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 4, 2014
Notice that every other review was written by a former employee, one of them was the president of the company who was fired when I worked there. COS has a 50% turnover rate.

This is my experience:
On a weekly basis, you will send an email to someone within the company only to receive a bounced message stating that the email address is no longer valid. Then you will find out that the person you are emailing is no longer with COS. This will occur so frequently that you will begin to wonder when you will be fired. You will walk on eggshells and search desperately for employment elsewhere. This will affect your performance. If you do not find another employment arrangement quickly enough, the hammer will finally come down, and you will be fired. Oddly, after you are fired, you will be somewhat relieved that your living nightmare has finally ended. The sun shines through the clouds once again. Of course you will move on to better things. How could it be worse?
Pros
Friendly co-workers, It's a paycheck, It might tie you over until you find another job
Cons
Notice that every single review was written by a former employee, This company turns over 50% of their employees yearly, There's no loyalty, There's no job security
Capitol Office Solutions offers vast opportunities
President (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 18, 2014
For those seeking experience and sales skills development opportunity within the Document Imaging Industry, Capitol Office Solutions provides the basic foundation for advancement.
productive and fun place to work---
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDApril 1, 2012
I really enjoyed this job because we had a lot of good management and a enjoyable working environment.
Pros
we had a bonus program every month, social activities
Cons
healthcare
Great working environment, fun group of people, fast-paced and goal oriented
Account Coordinator (Paid Intern) (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 4, 2014
Working at Capitol Office Solutions was a fantastic opportunity I utilized to gain vast experience in research analysis, data entry, sales, and marketing. The Virginia office was a fast-paced environment fueled by motivated individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capitol Office Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.