Capitol Region Education Council Employee Reviews

Wonderful experience here.
PreK-12 Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 27, 2016
Excellent leadership, continuous opportunities for professional learning; outstanding and accomplished colleagues; dedicated educators committed to excellence for all in education.
Pros
Outstanding mission, vision, and dedicated to projects and service that furthers the values and beliefs of that vision/mission.
Cons
none at this time.
Dedicate workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 14, 2016
CREC has some of the best community engagement I have seen in a while. They truly mean and live by their mission. Love working there and being part of the bigger picture.
Pros
Community work at its best
Great Culture
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 6, 2016
The organizational culture is very flexible. Promotion from within is encouraged. The organization is large and there are many opportunities for staff to advance.
Engaging and friendly environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 1, 2016
Provided clerical support to an individual manager, division, school or program. Helped assist with other duties assigned.
Best Place I have ever worked.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 14, 2014
I also worked for CREC in the school system for 7 years doing Network Administration. In these schools I was installing as well as configuring servers,laptops,wired/wireless infrastructure and Audio/Video equipment in some of the most technically advanced schools in the country at the time they were being built between 2001-2008. Great people and great working environment.
Pros
Great people and great environment
Cons
cant really think of any
A job that challenges you everyday
Associate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2012
The management was great and most of the staff I worked with was unbelievable because they were just as hard working and dedicated to the students. The hardest part of the job was the unexpected behavioral challenges that came about with the students and having different opinions on how to best solve the issues among staff therefore consistency and communication were issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing these student reach new levels after trying for so long to do so. The feeling was so rewarding knowing you had some part in that.
River Street School Autism Program at Coltsville (CREC)
Associate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 29, 2015
I worked as an Associate Instructor for RSS @ Coltsville. It was a wonderful school with great structure and stability. They gave me the training I needed to be successful as an ABA instructor. The benefits are great and the work environment is wonderful. They pay pretty well to start off with and we got a yearly raise. They offered plenty of sick, vacation and personal time off, although there were no actual calendar vacations for staff. No matter what, at RSS you know you will always be able to get the support you need. The only reason I left was because of my commute. I wish I could pick up RSS and move it closer to home! It was a great place to work and I miss it!
Pros
Great staff and upper management, good pay, great benefits, plenty of PTO days
Cons
snow day schedules are confusing- we had to come in when no kids were present or use pto
Great Place to Work
Associate Instructor (The Museum Magnet Academy) (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2012
They have a strong belief in education. They are proactive and they put children first.
Pros
the welfare of the children comes first
Cons
pay is too low
Exciting and fun place to work
Bookkeeper/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 10, 2012
This was the ideal company to work for. The employees and the owners had a personal work relationship.
Crec
Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 30, 2012
Long Hours

Challenging students from various demographics

Good Pay

Room to move within organization
Pros
optimal salary
CREC is an educational organizaton that really focuses on students' education in all areas, in particular, adult education as well as K-12
ESLTeacher (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 24, 2015
A normal/typical class includes a welcoming, attendance call, students reviewing the lesson plan for the day, and reviewing the previous day's lesson. This gives me the opportunity to know what I need to re-focus or repeat, and ultimately drives the lesson plan for the next day/week. Management of the classroom setting is extremely important for the learning process, the necessity for quiet and attention and to demonstrate mutual respect between each student and the teacher. This creates a positive educational climate that lends itself to ascertaining the presented material so that the students grow and become knowledgeable. In the past, I have co-taught and it was a rewarding experience being able to share ideas and teaching methods with another teacher. The most difficult part of teaching is keeping the students engaged and making the classroom atmosphere conducive to learning. Of course, the most enjoyable part is witnessing the students' achievements and seeing their joy at graduation.
Pros
Meeting new students each semester and the feeling of accomplishment for both teacher and students.
Cons
Never enough time to cover all of the material in a semester.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capitol Region Education Council. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3