Capitol Employee Reviews

Good luck
RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2017
Terrible management. Don't expect to be cared about just because they are family owned. This company turned into a cut throat corporation and fires people
Left and right. No support from management and always short staffed.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Everything else
awesome career
ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2017
productive and great work environment. unlimited oppurtunities for growth and networking. I would recommend anyone to try and apply if you want a great carrer.
Terrible
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2017
It was a very challenging job and the environment was negative. I did not feel like the training was adequate. Patients often complained about being rushed through appointments and not given many options other than expensive procedures or meds
November 7, 2017

Greetings, thank you very much for this review. I appreciate that you have taken the time to leave one, instead of letting it go unspoken.

We also appreciate the fact that you care about your patients. Capitol's HR department was development a little less than a year ago. Since then, we have implemented many policies and procedures including an exit interview for past employees. Because we do not see an exit interview or complaints on file for anyone with your title, we ask that you please reach out to us so that we are able to conduct one and get to the bottom of what happened.

Here at Capitol, we are a family organization and we truly believe that we are a family that you can trust! If you feel as though any trust has been broken, the time is now to right our wrongs. We cannot fix what we feel isn't broken. Please give us the opportunity to do so with the knowledge that we have. Dianne Hoelscher, Capitol Health Management's HR Director, is available at any time if you would like to speak with her. Please give us a call. Thank you!

Wonderful place to work
Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2017
This place really makes you feel like family. They pay very well and really care about the employees work experience. They have a person on staff whose sole job is planning events and perks for the employees. We get massages every week and are fed a great catered lunch every other week. There are contests and prizes. There are parties which are great. The list keeps on going. They are growing rapidly and I cannot recommend this company enough. The owners, especially the children (adults) are very kind and understanding and go the extra mile to listen to everyone's needs. They are up for the fifth year in a row of best companies to work for in Texas in Texas monthly.
Pros
many perks, management that listens, growing company
Cons
growing so fast that it is hard to keep up
November 17, 2017

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. We aim to please our employees so that they are able to please their patients. A great work - life balance is the key.

All about the family
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2017
Family owned business that only cares about themselves. You work 9-5 with no lunch or breaks. If you want a lunch you have to work extra. They have poor structure and you never really know what they expect or what your job is. Offices are so small they have cubes on top of each other making it hard to do your job.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
no lunch hour, poor management and turn over is the worse I have ever seen
November 7, 2017

Greetings,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to leave your review. Capitol is growing so fast, we have decided to pursue measures to getting a bigger space in the future. Thank goodness for growth!

Office hours are made so that all employees have the right to take a lunch if they want at any time between 7am-6pm. This is a great way to give employees flexibility so that they are able to schedule parent teacher conferences, doctor visits, etc. without feeling the need to explain why they were gone for 2 hours out of the day. 40 hours is 40 hours to us and family is important, so we did what was best for the family. We ask that all employees manage their time appropriately. We are sorry that you have decided to part ways and wish you could give us a call to discuss your partnership with us in a more detailed manner by conducting an exit survey. I hope our response addresses your concerns.

great experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 20, 2017
I came about the job by applying thru an agency and it was very much a different experience especially being my first t time in the medical field i was exposed thru different areas which allowed me to grow in the field of medicine.
very competitive
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Wintersville, OHSeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at work was caring for people and helping people with their household needs. Running errands for them and prepare their daily meals. Provide communication for them as needed.
Poor business practices
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2017
No work-life balance with this company. Micro-manage!! Salaried office staff and corporate will continue to try to put their work off on field staff. Insincere employers and office employees.

Comment – August 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Capitol promotes a healthy work-life balance on a regular basis and we are sorry that you feel short changed. I notice that you are a former employee. If you have not done so, please give us a call here at corporate so that we may conduct an exit interview and come up with some resolutions for our current and future employees. We want to be the solution, not the problem.

They care about their people
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2017
I've never worked for a company with so much focus on the employees just as much as their clients. I'm so glad that I chose Capitol Health Management as my employer of choice and I'm elated that they chose me as a team memeber! A's hire A's! 🎀
Pros
Benefits, Pay, and Culture
Cons
Growing so rapidly that they are running out of space!
August 8, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are in fact growing and that's a great con to have. Because of our rapid growth, I am positive that office space will become something that is in the works as well. The future for Capitol is so bright and I'm glad that you are riding the wave with us.

Love working here!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2017
I was brought on a few months ago to a newly created position and I have really enjoyed working here. I have easily been able to align myself with the core values and the culture here!
Pros
Paid benefits, massages, lunches and snacks, fun culture
Cons
Fast-paced, high stress at times
small company that is growing rapidly
Home Health Office Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2017
Small company with offices in other cities, Good benefits company has had big turn over of employees but is trying to fix those problems. Thinks outside the box
Possible promising career
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2016
I'm a contract employee with them. The assignments are sporadic though. However, I would like to come on board with this company permanently because the medical and other benefits that this company offer are pretty darn good, but they don't have a full-time position for an aide just yet. I've been a part of the team for just over 3 years, so that should speak volumes to my loyalty.
Pros
Monthly in-service to engage in educational information. They are a growing company.
Cons
No full-time positions to be had at this time.
family company
Director of Nursing, RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
awesome place to work made everyone feel at home, comfortable. I did learn that I should keep my personal stuff at home and not bring to office. Management was all family, other than me and they excluded me due to wanting to keep it family business.