Job Title: Equipment Service Technician
Based at: Capovani Brothers Inc., Scotia, NY
Reports to: Senior Engineer
The technician is responsible for the diagnosis of problems with and repair of a variety of industrial, scientific, and semiconductor manufacturing equipment, and to provide customers with support of such equipment.
- Confirm that equipment is performing in accordance with manufacturers specifications.
- Ovens, furnaces or other heating and cooling apparatuses operate at specified temperature, rate of rise, uniformity, and stability
- Power supplies operate at specified voltage, current, accuracy, repeatability, stability.
- Vacuum systems and components function properly and are free of leaks.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment including cleaning and calibrating.
- Overhaul mechanical devices such as vacuum pumps, motors, and valves.
- Diagnose failures in electrical control, digital, analog circuits and replace necessary components.
- Off-site service within the Capital Region.
- Correspond with manufacturers and third party support specialists to obtain documentation, support, and parts for equipment.
- Correspond with customers to provide order status updates and over-the-phone assistance and troubleshooting.
- Secure and maintain work tools
- Maintain and clean work area
Knowledge and Skills:
- College-level reading, writing, and math (arithmetic and calculus) skills.
- Understanding of physical science, electric machines, and control theory.
- Advanced troubleshooting of electrical and electronic systems including those controlled by microprocessor, PC, and PLCs.
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, and engineering drawings.
- Familiarity with vacuum systems and components as used in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Manual dexterity required to use hand tools, power tools, computers, and controllers.