Capstone Corporation

Capstone Corporation Employer Reviews

Capstone
Office Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: growth, responsibility, fun, and communication
Constant learning from different tasks Acct., HR, FSO)
CEO Assistant
E-qips
Background Checks with the FSO
On-boarding and file creation with HR, Direct Deposit
Management was as best as it gets
Great Coworkers
Hardest part of job- Getting laid off
Serving the company 7 years
fun workplace
Secretary (Former Employee), Germantown, MDJuly 3, 2014
calm place of work
management not easy to work with
coworkers were of
Horrible Recruiting/HR
Never employed (Former Employee), Never employedJune 24, 2014
Pros: not sure
Cons: bad hr practices
***Never worked for this company***

Let me start off by saying that the HR/Recruiting is a soup sandwich. In civilian terms, HORRIBLE. I have been contacted on at least two different occasions by the SAME person and same contract, only to get about as far as to say that we are both mutually interested then all of sudden, I hear no more. This is a clear – more... sign that this company is trouble. If you can't even recruit properly, are you paying your employees on time and correctly? – less
Terrible company, terrible job experience
Sr Knowledge Management Officer (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: i once won a $50 gift certificate at the company xmas party.
Cons: everything else.
First, if you are applying for the Sr KM Officer job, don't. I was their second, and the client is"a real piece of" to work for. The gov't. staff is pretty inept and you wonder how some have even made it to a GS14/15 level.

Second, as a company goes, I am amazed they haven't folded. Shortly after I arrived, they slashed their HR department. This resulted – more... in some of the poorest on-boarding/HR support I have ever experienced. Emails/calls were never answered, benefits I selected were never enrolled in, cards/forms never got mailed, etc.

Its a contracting company, so your contract determines everything: so if it isn't stipulated, there were no bonuses, performance evals, good incentives, no salary negotiations, really to stick around for. Also, the health/PTO/benefits are beltway standard (and that is poor to begin with).

In fact my PM at Capstone was let go, and ended up taking a job on our team doing work significantly below his experience level. Kind of sad.

What I found was a terrible client, a company that seemed to be struggling with no incentives to stick around, and a real bottom feeder of consulting firms in the area. – less
Opportunity to challenge onesself
Operations/Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee), Dover, DEApril 1, 2014
Pros: departmental get togethers
Cons: not enough pto
Casual atmosphere with pleasant co-workers. What I like most about my job is the opprotunity to grow professionally. There is always a chance to train in other departments to further your skill set and managment encourages new ideas to improve the overall process of the mission.
A Defense Contractor focused on Operational Support
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: important national security work
Cons: long hours, often shift work
Work at Capstone is quite challenging, as the Operations Center support is often shift work. The job security is not very good as the work depends on recurring completive bidding.
Wonderful Working Environment
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), washington, dcMarch 18, 2014
I learned quite a bit while working at Capstone Corporation. This was a very diverse culture and it helped me with learning how to work in a diverse environment. We had both military and non-military personnel.
Good company culture.
Recruiting Associate (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 21, 2013
Good company culture. No worklife/balance. Good medical and vision plan.
This company is hard working but at the same time very accomodating to its employees.
Logistics/Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: working with very intellegent, talented and enjoyable people.
Cons: employment is based on the company being awarded new or continued contracts. no contract no job.
In a nut shell Capstone loves to get new contracts so that the company can grow. They work very hard when a new opening for bidding on a government job comes across their desk. They spend hours both day and night working up proposals for those contracts (Jobs). When they win they of coruse are elaited and share that information with the entire company.
With – more... that said they also spend the same if not more time helping out or meeting with their employees. My local manager visits my work site several times a year just to talk and see how I or others are doing. He fills me in with what is happening with the company and where current bids are. Once that bit of information is out he then moves onto see how things are going for me and how I am being treated. If there are issues he notes it and then follows up on seeing what can be done to correct that issue.
Not only do I get visited by my manager the companies President has been to my office many times to shake my hand and let me know how I am doing. He shares his vision for continued growth for the company and how will we are doing. If there are any negitive items he is not hesitant on bring them up as well.
Capstone Corporation is in my opinion a wonderful company to work for or to have as your contracting company to fulfill any of the government or military's needs. I would recommend Capstone to anyone seeking employment. – less
The job required extended travel
Project Manager/Lead Joint Strategic Planner (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCMay 21, 2013
Challenging and demanding, with very long hours, particularly during OCONUS travel.
Worked as a contractor for US Joint Forces Command
Research Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2013
Pros: enjoyable work
Cons: none to think of
Hired as a research analyst and then moved up to Administration Officer. I learned alot about how the government works from the civilian side and was hired on as a GS employee. I loved working with databases and administrative procedures. I enjoy creating Standard Operating Procedures and getting them approved. The hardest part of the job was ensuring – more... all deadlines were met but I worked extra hours to make that happen. – less
10 years with an excellent company
Asst Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 21, 2013
As a contractor working for Capstone, provided support to different tenants in BLDG X-132 at Naval Station Norfolk VA. Some of the support included:
--Provided in support of the Joint Enabling Capabilities Command:
- Medical processing event with tables, chairs, and an electrical circuit.
- Set up/tear down for all hands meeting and their Thanksgiving – more... pot luck celebration.
- Received 48 padded folding chairs to support all hands meetings, social
gatherings, and pre-deployment processing. This brings the total of folding chairs in the building to 100.
- Set-up and tear-down chairs in support for all hands on 8 Aug and the all hands for
the visit of the TRANSCOM Commander on 22 Aug. Also conducted other numerous housecleaning, parking, and exterior clean-up activities in support of the 4-star visit.
- Supported POM for deployment with tables, chairs, fans, lighting, and signs.
- Supported JECC NBC mask fitting with tables and chairs.

Supervised the installation of new UPS flywheel bearings for 2 days by carter Machinery.

--Support to assist contractors in the renovation of room 138/Quarterdeck and other offices renovation:
- Supervise and coordinate escort requirements for United Builders Group contract to
demo, carpet, paint and tile room 138 and other adjacent spaces in the 1st floor south end of X-132.
- Replaced approximately 75 solid raised floor tiles (2’ x 2’) in preparation for the
installation of new carpet and furniture in room 138.
- Executed a two day temporary parking plan in preparation for an exterior building
survey by the exterior repairs contractor. – less
Great experience
Watch Analyst / Department of Homeland Security (Former Employee), Herndon, VANovember 8, 2012
Pros: leaderhip
Cons: n/a
First job after active duty, very welcoming company that helped me thru the transition.
Very Outgoing
SharePoint Content Manager (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 18, 2012
Pros: outgoing
Cons: smaller company hard to compete for contracts with bigger companies.
I enjoyed this company. The Ceo and his board members make personal visits to the workers at their locations. I have never seen this before.
Other than being an 8A, small business, they would never get a contract
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), College Park, MDMay 4, 2012
Terrible management, from senior management all the way down to project management. Treat their employees terrible. 40 hour work week is a thing of the past. They promise the government everything and then low bid and expect the employees to make it work through long hours and OT.