Capstone Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company...small and familial
JS/J4 Staff Officer, Planner, Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Capstone has a great reputation and my PM is top notch. Open comms with all levels of management. Never feel like a number and leadership always willing to help.
Government Contractor
Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Work for them for 8 month to a year then the contract was canceled. Good Job but when loosed the contract no place for me. Worked security and was aid for seven Government workers.
Pros
Cons
Loss of Contract
Mission Oriented Work Environment
Situational Awareness Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCDecember 10, 2017
Very fast typical workday. Learned emergency management principles and operations in a DOD environment. Enjoy DOD environment, camaraderie, mission impact. Could streamline business process using integrated software applications. Enjoy working in an emergency management environment.
Wonderful work staff
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Spawar Charleston, SCDecember 1, 2017
Each day was fast paced with great support persons. Was free to submit ideas for improvements and modification of procedures to enhance the quality of product for the customer.
Pros
Very good management and co workers
A great Company to Work For
Senior Operations Planner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2017
With Capstone, you always know what the job is and you always know the expectations. You can go at your own pace or move ahead but the bottomline is that we were given exteme flexibility to get the job done.
Job satisfaction is your responsibility
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2017
As a gov't contractor, the management is interested in winning contracts. I had the skills they needed for contract #1; moved to new contract to remain employed, but not satisfied with the new job. My responsibility to find another new contract, or move on. Culture depends completely on the gov't site, not Capstone.
unfortunate change over time
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  VAJune 1, 2017
Unfortunately - with the DOD contracting and LPTA bidding environments - compensation, benefits and competent HR support are lost luxuries as companies must bid lower and lower in order to win business. Essentially, contracted employees are treated more and more like staplers and pencils might be. Not covered under the SCA either. Too bad, because this wasn't such a bad place to work ten years ago. The culture has just changed so much alongside the compensation and benefits that it's hard to think that the two aren't connected. Hope things improve.
Systems Analyst supporting Department of Defense customer.
Modeling and Simulation Planner (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILNovember 23, 2015
Represented Department of Defense Combatant Command as member of Department's Joint Training Program. Some travel associated with position, as well as non-standard business hours/days supporting training events.
Good team to work with
Senior Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VANovember 23, 2015
good environment and good people to work with; very pleased with the business operations manager who is very responsive and seems very knowledgeable. I also am very impressed with how responsive the HR Team is considering they are minimum manned.
Pros
Take care of their employees
Cons
You don't get a lot of face to face interaction
A typical work day
Command Watch Analyst / Briefing Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Duty day was 6:30-6:30. Prepared PowerPoint slides briefings utilizing information from various command entities. Very good teamwork withco-workers.
Pros
Awesome staff, opportunity to grow and great supervisor.
Cons
very hectic environment, and stressful.
Capstone Corporation
Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 24, 2015
Computer Help Desk Support Specialist, provided in house on-site support

Assisted full time staff

Enjoyed working with other Government Contractors

0600 shuttle to DC daily was the hardest part of the job

Enjoyed working with knowledgeable certified and trained staff
Pros
On Line Training
Cons
North Virginia Traffic
wonderful company so far
Mail orderly (Current Employee) –  portsmouth, VAMay 22, 2015
As far as being on contract, this has been one of the most easiest companies to communicate with if I needed something checked on.
Capstone
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 23, 2014
Constant learning from different tasks Acct., HR, FSO)
CEO Assistant
E-qips
Background Checks with the FSO
On-boarding and file creation with HR, Direct Deposit
Management was as best as it gets
Great Coworkers
Hardest part of job- Getting laid off
Serving the company 7 years
Pros
Growth, Responsibility, Fun, and communication
Horrible Recruiting/HR
Never employed (Former Employee) –  Never employedJune 24, 2014
***Never worked for this company***

Let me start off by saying that the HR/Recruiting is a soup sandwich. In civilian terms, HORRIBLE. I have been contacted on at least two different occasions by the SAME person and same contract, only to get about as far as to say that we are both mutually interested then all of sudden, I hear no more. This is a clear sign that this company is trouble. If you can't even recruit properly, are you paying your employees on time and correctly?
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Bad HR practices
Terrible company, terrible job experience
Sr Knowledge Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 7, 2014
First, if you are applying for the Sr KM Officer job, don't. I was their second, and the client is"a real piece of" to work for. The gov't. staff is pretty inept and you wonder how some have even made it to a GS14/15 level.

Second, as a company goes, I am amazed they haven't folded. Shortly after I arrived, they slashed their HR department. This resulted in some of the poorest on-boarding/HR support I have ever experienced. Emails/calls were never answered, benefits I selected were never enrolled in, cards/forms never got mailed, etc.

Its a contracting company, so your contract determines everything: so if it isn't stipulated, there were no bonuses, performance evals, good incentives, no salary negotiations, really to stick around for. Also, the health/PTO/benefits are beltway standard (and that is poor to begin with).

In fact my PM at Capstone was let go, and ended up taking a job on our team doing work significantly below his experience level. Kind of sad.

What I found was a terrible client, a company that seemed to be struggling with no incentives to stick around, and a real bottom feeder of consulting firms in the area.
Pros
I once won a $50 gift certificate at the company Xmas party.
Cons
Everything else.
Opportunity to challenge onesself
Operations/Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 1, 2014
Casual atmosphere with pleasant co-workers. What I like most about my job is the opprotunity to grow professionally. There is always a chance to train in other departments to further your skill set and managment encourages new ideas to improve the overall process of the mission.
Pros
Departmental get togethers
Cons
Not enough PTO
A Defense Contractor focused on Operational Support
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 23, 2014
Work at Capstone is quite challenging, as the Operations Center support is often shift work. The job security is not very good as the work depends on recurring completive bidding.
Pros
Important National Security Work
Cons
Long hours, often shift work
Wonderful Working Environment
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  washington, dcMarch 18, 2014
I learned quite a bit while working at Capstone Corporation. This was a very diverse culture and it helped me with learning how to work in a diverse environment. We had both military and non-military personnel.
Good company culture.
Recruiting Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 21, 2013
Good company culture. No worklife/balance. Good medical and vision plan.
This company is hard working but at the same time very accomodating to its employees.
Logistics/Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 10, 2013
In a nut shell Capstone loves to get new contracts so that the company can grow. They work very hard when a new opening for bidding on a government job comes across their desk. They spend hours both day and night working up proposals for those contracts (Jobs). When they win they of coruse are elaited and share that information with the entire company.
With that said they also spend the same if not more time helping out or meeting with their employees. My local manager visits my work site several times a year just to talk and see how I or others are doing. He fills me in with what is happening with the company and where current bids are. Once that bit of information is out he then moves onto see how things are going for me and how I am being treated. If there are issues he notes it and then follows up on seeing what can be done to correct that issue.
Not only do I get visited by my manager the companies President has been to my office many times to shake my hand and let me know how I am doing. He shares his vision for continued growth for the company and how will we are doing. If there are any negitive items he is not hesitant on bring them up as well.
Capstone Corporation is in my opinion a wonderful company to work for or to have as your contracting company to fulfill any of the government or military's needs. I would recommend Capstone to anyone seeking employment.
Pros
Working with very intellegent, talented and enjoyable people.
Cons
Employment is based on the company being awarded new or continued contracts. No contract no Job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capstone Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.