Capstone Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Systems Analyst supporting Department of Defense customer.
Modeling and Simulation Planner (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILNovember 23, 2015
Represented Department of Defense Combatant Command as member of Department's Joint Training Program. Some travel associated with position, as well as non-standard business hours/days supporting training events.
Good team to work with
Senior Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VANovember 23, 2015
good environment and good people to work with; very pleased with the business operations manager who is very responsive and seems very knowledgeable. I also am very impressed with how responsive the HR Team is considering they are minimum manned.
Pros
Take care of their employees
Cons
You don't get a lot of face to face interaction
A typical work day
Command Watch Analyst / Briefing Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Duty day was 6:30-6:30. Prepared PowerPoint slides briefings utilizing information from various command entities. Very good teamwork withco-workers.
Pros
Awesome staff, opportunity to grow and great supervisor.
Cons
very hectic environment, and stressful.
Capstone Corporation
Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 24, 2015
Computer Help Desk Support Specialist, provided in house on-site support

Assisted full time staff

Enjoyed working with other Government Contractors

0600 shuttle to DC daily was the hardest part of the job

Enjoyed working with knowledgeable certified and trained staff
Pros
On Line Training
Cons
North Virginia Traffic
wonderful company so far
Mail orderly (Current Employee) –  portsmouth, VAMay 22, 2015
As far as being on contract, this has been one of the most easiest companies to communicate with if I needed something checked on.
Capstone
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 23, 2014
Constant learning from different tasks Acct., HR, FSO)
CEO Assistant
E-qips
Background Checks with the FSO
On-boarding and file creation with HR, Direct Deposit
Management was as best as it gets
Great Coworkers
Hardest part of job- Getting laid off
Serving the company 7 years
Pros
growth, responsibility, fun, and communication
Horrible Recruiting/HR
Never employed (Former Employee) –  Never employedJune 24, 2014
***Never worked for this company***

Let me start off by saying that the HR/Recruiting is a soup sandwich. In civilian terms, HORRIBLE. I have been contacted on at least two different occasions by the SAME person and same contract, only to get about as far as to say that we are both mutually interested then all of sudden, I hear no more. This is a clear sign that this company is trouble. If you can't even recruit properly, are you paying your employees on time and correctly?
Pros
not sure
Cons
bad hr practices
Terrible company, terrible job experience
Sr Knowledge Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 7, 2014
First, if you are applying for the Sr KM Officer job, don't. I was their second, and the client is"a real piece of" to work for. The gov't. staff is pretty inept and you wonder how some have even made it to a GS14/15 level.

Second, as a company goes, I am amazed they haven't folded. Shortly after I arrived, they slashed their HR department. This resulted in some of the poorest on-boarding/HR support I have ever experienced. Emails/calls were never answered, benefits I selected were never enrolled in, cards/forms never got mailed, etc.

Its a contracting company, so your contract determines everything: so if it isn't stipulated, there were no bonuses, performance evals, good incentives, no salary negotiations, really to stick around for. Also, the health/PTO/benefits are beltway standard (and that is poor to begin with).

In fact my PM at Capstone was let go, and ended up taking a job on our team doing work significantly below his experience level. Kind of sad.

What I found was a terrible client, a company that seemed to be struggling with no incentives to stick around, and a real bottom feeder of consulting firms in the area.
Pros
i once won a $50 gift certificate at the company xmas party.
Cons
everything else.
Opportunity to challenge onesself
Operations/Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 1, 2014
Casual atmosphere with pleasant co-workers. What I like most about my job is the opprotunity to grow professionally. There is always a chance to train in other departments to further your skill set and managment encourages new ideas to improve the overall process of the mission.
Pros
departmental get togethers
Cons
not enough pto
A Defense Contractor focused on Operational Support
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 23, 2014
Work at Capstone is quite challenging, as the Operations Center support is often shift work. The job security is not very good as the work depends on recurring completive bidding.
Pros
important national security work
Cons
long hours, often shift work
Wonderful Working Environment
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  washington, dcMarch 18, 2014
I learned quite a bit while working at Capstone Corporation. This was a very diverse culture and it helped me with learning how to work in a diverse environment. We had both military and non-military personnel.
Good company culture.
Recruiting Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 21, 2013
Good company culture. No worklife/balance. Good medical and vision plan.
This company is hard working but at the same time very accomodating to its employees.
Logistics/Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 10, 2013
In a nut shell Capstone loves to get new contracts so that the company can grow. They work very hard when a new opening for bidding on a government job comes across their desk. They spend hours both day and night working up proposals for those contracts (Jobs). When they win they of coruse are elaited and share that information with the entire company.
With that said they also spend the same if not more time helping out or meeting with their employees. My local manager visits my work site several times a year just to talk and see how I or others are doing. He fills me in with what is happening with the company and where current bids are. Once that bit of information is out he then moves onto see how things are going for me and how I am being treated. If there are issues he notes it and then follows up on seeing what can be done to correct that issue.
Not only do I get visited by my manager the companies President has been to my office many times to shake my hand and let me know how I am doing. He shares his vision for continued growth for the company and how will we are doing. If there are any negitive items he is not hesitant on bring them up as well.
Capstone Corporation is in my opinion a wonderful company to work for or to have as your contracting company to fulfill any of the government or military's needs. I would recommend Capstone to anyone seeking employment.
Pros
working with very intellegent, talented and enjoyable people.
Cons
employment is based on the company being awarded new or continued contracts. no contract no job.
The job required extended travel
Project Manager/Lead Joint Strategic Planner (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCMay 21, 2013
Challenging and demanding, with very long hours, particularly during OCONUS travel.
Capstone is a professional, quality oriented, employee and customer centric company
Assistant Senior Watch Officer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 11, 2013
Capstone is a wonderful company. The have have a very professional work force and management treats their employees' with respect. As a result, Capstone employees' are professional and respectful to their customers. I have also found Capstone to be generous in salary for their job positions.
Worked as a contractor for US Joint Forces Command
Research Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2013
Hired as a research analyst and then moved up to Administration Officer. I learned alot about how the government works from the civilian side and was hired on as a GS employee. I loved working with databases and administrative procedures. I enjoy creating Standard Operating Procedures and getting them approved. The hardest part of the job was ensuring all deadlines were met but I worked extra hours to make that happen.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
none to think of
10 years with an excellent company
Asst Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 21, 2013
As a contractor working for Capstone, provided support to different tenants in BLDG X-132 at Naval Station Norfolk VA. Some of the support included:
--Provided in support of the Joint Enabling Capabilities Command:
- Medical processing event with tables, chairs, and an electrical circuit.
- Set up/tear down for all hands meeting and their Thanksgiving pot luck celebration.
- Received 48 padded folding chairs to support all hands meetings, social
gatherings, and pre-deployment processing. This brings the total of folding chairs in the building to 100.
- Set-up and tear-down chairs in support for all hands on 8 Aug and the all hands for
the visit of the TRANSCOM Commander on 22 Aug. Also conducted other numerous housecleaning, parking, and exterior clean-up activities in support of the 4-star visit.
- Supported POM for deployment with tables, chairs, fans, lighting, and signs.
- Supported JECC NBC mask fitting with tables and chairs.

Supervised the installation of new UPS flywheel bearings for 2 days by carter Machinery.

--Support to assist contractors in the renovation of room 138/Quarterdeck and other offices renovation:
- Supervise and coordinate escort requirements for United Builders Group contract to
demo, carpet, paint and tile room 138 and other adjacent spaces in the 1st floor south end of X-132.
- Replaced approximately 75 solid raised floor tiles (2’ x 2’) in preparation for the
installation of new carpet and furniture in room 138.
- Executed a two day temporary parking plan in preparation for an exterior building
survey by the exterior repairs contractor.
Great experience
Watch Analyst / Department of Homeland Security (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 8, 2012
First job after active duty, very welcoming company that helped me thru the transition.
Pros
leaderhip
Cons
n/a
Very Outgoing
SharePoint Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 18, 2012
I enjoyed this company. The Ceo and his board members make personal visits to the workers at their locations. I have never seen this before.
Pros
outgoing
Cons
smaller company hard to compete for contracts with bigger companies.
Other than being an 8A, small business, they would never get a contract
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDMay 4, 2012
Terrible management, from senior management all the way down to project management. Treat their employees terrible. 40 hour work week is a thing of the past. They promise the government everything and then low bid and expect the employees to make it work through long hours and OT.