Capstone Logistics, LLC Employee Reviews

Fun work enviorment
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 20, 2016
Clock in at 5:30 am and get started by unloading the trucks that come in with a forklift and putting the pallets of product out on the floor and then lumping them from there and sometimes I had to load the trucks with product.Co- workers were fun to be around, it was a nice and friendly environment a great place to work.The most enjoyable part of the job was unloading/loading the trucks with a forklift i really liked doing that.The hardest part was lifting the product off and putting them onto the pallet
Productive and friendly work place
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, KYJanuary 18, 2016
Clock in at 4 am and get started by unloading the trucks that come in with a forklift and putting the pallets of product out on the floor and then lumping them from there and sometimes I had to load the trucks with product.Co- workers were fun to be around, it was a nice and friendly environment a great place to work.The most enjoyable part of the job was unloading/loading the trucks with a forklift i really liked doing that.The hardest part was lifting the product off and putting them onto the pallet.
Benefitting the company.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALDecember 11, 2015
I was able to benefit the company by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 7, 2015
I learned a lot by working with this company by getting standup fork lift certified understanding shipping and receiving also was trained to do shipping and receiving
Very bad
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 25, 2015
Very unorganized and unfair place to work . Capstone does not care about their employees. Guys will kill themselves for 10 hrs a day to make minimum wage with NO paid time ina half. Very unsafe place to work where they DON'T TRAIN employees on equipment but still let them be used .They are very short on pallet Jacks and lifts which makes job extremely difficult everyday and the equipment they do have are old and have issues. Capstone is overstaffed and underpaid. You will literally make 10$ unloading a truck that takes you 4 to 6 hours to finish. They force you to work for free and help people just so things can get done . The manager's are horrible and lazy . Capstone logistics is the worst company I've ever worked for . DO NOT WORK HERE . U will regret it .
Cons
If you're looking for a great job, keep looking.
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLNovember 24, 2015
This is a great place to work if you are a family oriented person because of the Mon-Fri work schedule. If you want to feed and support your family, however, you should keep looking for something else. This is the only job I have ever had where I have to keep up with the details of my paycheck every week to make sure that I get paid for everything that I do because I just can't trust the site manager to get my pay right. The only way to check your pay stub is online through an affiliated website that most of the Capstone employees don't even know how to access. There are plenty of opportunities to change positions within the company but they are all lateral moves. The actual advancement opportunities are sparse and they pretty much want someone who is already actually trained and ready to take the position instead of grooming the employees they have to move up. Most of my co-workers are great to work with. They are very friendly and very knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job is showing up every day knowing the company that I work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is a four way tie: 1) time to clock out; 2) beginning the weekend/vacation; 3) getting paid; 4) quitting... oh, wait... I haven't done that yet!
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
Pay scales are not balanced, advancement opportunities are VERY limited, most management has little regard for their employees
capstone
Lead audit associate/ forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 16, 2015
a typical day at work was challenging. i was thought by my supervisor the roll of management in felt what is was like to run a small part of the business
Pros
long breaks
Cons
challenging work invierment
NOt a great place to work if you dont have speed and physical abilities
Lumper (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 10, 2015
Certification for the equipments is small. WE have acient equipment which is hard to use and can cause some pain in your wrist. Working here you would have to work long hours and a lot of overtime to make money, plus you would start at 4am to whenever. Favortism is a big issue, where I would think everybody is equal. There are guys that would come in late or when they want and still be able to work. There is no excitment; challenging work and long hours: not hourly at all also.
Not what I expected
Warehouse Unloader (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, LAOctober 21, 2015
I only worked for Capstone for 2 weeks before I decided it wasn't for me. The pay was production based, which wasn't the problem, the problem was the favoritism for specific employees by management, certain employees were allowed to pick the paper work for trucks they could make more money on leaving other employees to work on trucks that took longer and were not as profitable. I don't agree with this so I decided it wasn't for me.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
favoritism, bad pay because of favoritism
Hard work but cool coworkers.
Lumper/Audit (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2015
The work got very difficult at times. With the auditing position audits felt like we were under paid for the hard work that we had to put in in order to do a good job. While the work was hard and the hours long, my coworkers were what made my job worth going to.
Don't get sick!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FlOctober 7, 2015
Worked at the Lake City warehouse. I was dedicated to the job worked anytime management asked and stayed over my schedule to help get things caught up. I ended up getting the flu and had to call out 3 times in a 2 week period. He ended up giving me 3 extra points for calling out. No notice of my points no write up or nothing. Came in to work on a Monday morning still sick but I can't afford insurance or to go to the doctors. He had the oddastity to call me undependable. Site Manager needs to be replaced. He doesn't follow the companies attendance policies.
Pros
My Hours
Cons
didn't allow me to give it zero stars
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2015
Don't bother, especially if applying for the lead position, you will do more work than the guys under n make less money. Not worth the effort at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fast Pace Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 20, 2015
Flexible work schedule. Need improvement with management. Benefits are not really good. Very difficult to get a pay increase
It was a decent job
Lumper (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Go into work at 11:30 P.M. for the daily meeting, then go get equipment, and insure that the equipment is working right and safe to operate. After that I start getting truck load and start unloading for the rest of the night. Once trucks are finished for the night clean up the docks for the next shift. I learn how to operate heavy machinery. Management isn't strict enough. Job is independent work environment. Highly stressful and physical. move more at your own pace.
Cons
graveyard shift
Worst job I've ever had!
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 14, 2015
I was hired on to be an unloader but my 1st day on the job I was told the unload position was no longer available but they had 1 sanitation position open and that's all they had if I wanted it. So I took it because my manger said it would be a temporary position until an unload spot becam available, which there was availability at least once a month but I kept getting held down as a janitor since no one else wanted it. This company is a 3rd party which means you're going to do 2x more work as someone else doing the same job and make 2x less than what that person is making & no matter how hard you work and no matter how impressed the customer is with your work ethic you'll always get pushed aside. Don't work here unless you have absolutely no other options. While I was here I had to get a 2nd job and working that 2nd job part time I would make my capstone paycheck in 3 days. So of course I quit working at capstone and went full time at my other job since caostone sucks, they B.S. you left and right and just overall didn't care, but now I'm a manager at my new job making 4x what I made at capstone and I've only been at my new job for 6 months. So bottom line find something better if you can, if you can't find anything better then take it but start looking for something new immediately
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Everything!
fire and rehire
Director of Operations & Facilities - West Region (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2015
difficult company to work for. more focused on working people morre houres with lower pay then fairness and pay. manegers not reporting acidentes and making it hard do youre jobb.
Very Productive company to work for
Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 25, 2015
Production pay rate based on the amount the company pays you for labor. No hourly pay for overtime. This company provided flexible hours. A great part time job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, Production pay rate
A welcoming job, but no future involved.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAAugust 12, 2015
I have enjoyed my time as an employee with Capstone. If the pay and benefits were better it could definitely be a job I could make a career. They have given me many opportunities to broaden my experience as a worker, but still have not made it a place to stay.
Outside Looking In
Former Customer / Trucker (Former Employee) –  Various locations in central and southerastern USAugust 10, 2015
Having been a former trucker, I can attribute some measure of credibility to what many reviewers are saying about this company. Capstone is notorious for its rampant disconcern for its employees, even amongst truck drivers. The pay scale is not hourly, it's piece-meal; make no mistake, if you don't get the right loads, you make jack. Management favoritism governs this heavily.

As a driver having visited many warehouses where these folks were the "preferred" unloading method by our clients, I witnessed a defunct culture within their given work areas.

Their management teams in the on-site locations do indeed seem to give favoritism toward certain individiuals, their "star players", openly and blatantly in full view of anyone around; it really isn't that hard to see or tell what they're doing.

On two occasions, I witnessed what I suspected was open drug use in the trailers as they were working, with no concern from anyone around them. While I wouldn't know myself, it has been pointed out to me by people in the past; pot has a very distinct odor.

The general attitude among their work force is dour. The ones who really do most of the back-breaking work are not happy with their situation because the favorites get the choice money loads while performing less. The stress levels in these sites is openly palpable.

As an outsider looking in, having witnessed what I've seen, I recommend looking elsewhere for work, unless you're so desperate you'll literally take anything; and even then, you'd best keep looking elsewhere. This is most certainly NOT a position that
  more... provides for a family, nor is it a wise career choice unless you're planning on being a professional boot-licker for a living.

Word to the wise ....
Pros
There are some good people; diamonds in the rough.
Cons
Poor management model, punishing work conditions, total lack of employee equality, extremely poor ethical environment.
DO NOT WORK HERE EVER! 0 STARS IF I COULD.
warehouse unloader (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HawaiiAugust 8, 2015
They say whatever they want to reel you in and then once your hired all they said they promised were lies. They don't care if you have a family to support, your other half never knowing when you'll be done with work. They place favorites and you be working your butt

off and others slacking off still getting paid. Got sick so many times because we be in freezer for hours then in hot warehouse then back in freezer. Please its not worth the stress and my ither half almost lost her job because my shifts were so in consistent. Steer clear of this place, the managers and supposed supervisor suck and shouldn't be trusted.
Pros
MADE A FEW GOOD FRIENDS
Cons
EVERYTHING, MANAGERS, HOURS, WORK, SHORT BREAKS, JUNK BENEFITS

1.8