Capstone Logistics, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Not for everyone.
Certified Trainer, Lead unloader (Former Employee) –  Saxonburg, PAFebruary 16, 2016
just in my one year of working with this company I watched over 100 employees roll through the door and right back out in less than a month. It is a fast paced and vigorous workplace. Management is usually for the company only but they can be alright. If it weren't for the workers that this company had I probably would not have lasted a year either. The hardest part of this job was that production isn't always steady so your paychecks fluctuate uncontrollably due to the rapid turnover rate and constant upstaffing.
Pros
Decent benifits.
Cons
Third party providers arent treated well.
Current Site Operations Manager
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 11, 2016
Recent merger from another company and we are now under the Capstone banner. The transition has eliminate a lot of benefits and reduced pay for senior managers, while adding expectations to the Site Managers without adding any additional compensation, but rather losing compensation.
Pros
Grow your team under your culture and leadership style.
Cons
Hours, compensation, and poor benefits package.
All work and no play
Freight Handler/Lead (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 8, 2015
The work is extremely physical, the hours are either very long or extremely short, and it's all competitive pay. The workers are loud, funny, and moderately easy to get along with unless you're over confident, cocky and union workers believe and think they are better than "the help". The management for Capstone is quite easy going, understanding, and easy to talk to but they do expect more then they should, they will expect you to break your back for the company, and will be anything close than fair at certain while also not always being the most professional. Working around, with, or in the vaccinate of both heavy and minor machinery, and the job is basically a 5-12 hour workout and the end time is never certain. You start at a specific time and don't leave until all the work is finished and your told to go home.
Pros
Fun environment, easy management, low standards
Cons
short breaks, competitive pay, long hours, horrible scheduled, extremely physical and dangerous, benefits, compensation, vaccination time, no off or personal time, and overall wages
Easy work, terrible environment
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHFebruary 11, 2016
Very little diversity, boring job
Never met the supervisor
little to no opportunity for advancement
difficult to get along with many of the co-workers
very little teamwork at any time
Pros
Simple job, paid 20 minute breaks
Cons
zero benefits
Do not work here ever! 0 Stars if I could.
warehouse unloader (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HawaiiAugust 8, 2015
They say whatever they want to reel you in and then once your hired all they said they promised were lies. They don't care if you have a family to support, your other half never knowing when you'll be done with work. They place favorites and you be working your butt

off and others slacking off still getting paid. Got sick so many times because we be in freezer for hours then in hot warehouse then back in freezer. Please its not worth the stress and my ither half almost lost her job because my shifts were so in consistent. Steer clear of this place, the managers and supposed supervisor suck and shouldn't be trusted.
Pros
MADE A FEW GOOD FRIENDS
Cons
EVERYTHING, MANAGERS, HOURS, WORK, SHORT BREAKS, JUNK BENEFITS
Challenging but exciting.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  NationwideOctober 15, 2015
If you work in the field for Capstone then you are on site with customer which can be a very challenging work environment. I hold all of my superiors that I worked with in the highest regard. I would suggest this company to anyone that enjoys a challenge, but thick skin is a requirement.
Pros
Upper managment
Cons
Low compensation
Horrible place to work
Suoervisor (Former Employee) –  Maquoketa, IAJuly 15, 2016
Very long hours for horribley pay. Managers take major advantage of supervisors and directors who have most likely never broke a finger nail in their life have no clue how a distribution center is run. The company puts a cap on production pay, which never made any sense and Directors do nothing for you unless you say what they want to hear. In other words you need to be what I call a YES oerson. Never could figure out when the Director is there 3-4 times a year how can they know what goes on. The unloaded of course are going to be on their best behavior while they are there. They rest the time they whine,, complain and make life miserable for all around them including the partner. Would never recommend Capstone to anyone. You can have no faults to be considered a good emplyee.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about it
Very poor place to work. Did not seem to care about the associates.
Facility Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOOctober 11, 2015
This company did not seem to care about the associates from management on down. Very hard work and the compensation was not very good.
its a good place to start not much else
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 5, 2015
There aren't any benefits working for this company, the hours aren't a set duration, it could be set up a lot better and the pay could be worth how much time and effort you put in each day but its not. The pay is based on a load/ pool pay so if there are more workers you may get done quicker but the pay decreases and vice versa, if someone isn't working or doing their part to contribute to the team it causes the pool as a whole to decrease, and creates more work for the others. The only up side is if you need a day off or you're sick you can call or tell the boss and usually there isn't a problem.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
bad pay, no benefits
stable work place but no room for advancement.
Clerk/Seasonal projects/Auditing (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXMarch 27, 2016
Enjoyed working here but it's not a place to make a career out of. I agree with other posts this is a very confusing company and management honestly has no clue what they are doing the majority of the time.
productive
Order Selector/Loader (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 1, 2016
It's a good job if you like working in a fast pace environment, the co-workers are a good bunch of people that will give you some good tips on how to bring up your production. The hardest part of this job is securing a stable pallet while in the freezer so that it does not fall over. I caught on fairly quickly as i have had pallet building experience at previous jobs so I pretty much had the job under control after a day or so. the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that i can provide for my family with an honest pay check and of course the pay check.
Very hectic work environment
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2016
Coming in at 1am and leaving as late as 4pm was a pretty normal thing when working here. I was working on the frozen side with temperatures dropping lower than -40 its safe to say I was less than satisfied with the conditions. I found that what I got from that job while I there was just a learning experience (which i guess any job should be). I learned more efficient ways of working and how to work under pressure. My experience with my co-workers there was pretty bad with there being 3 forklifts and 7 lumpers you had to work fast or work in groups just to get your work done. The toughest part of this job was working while very tired and one of the things i liked most was the 1 hour break.
Pros
I learned how to use more equipment than I had known prior. 1 hour breaks
Cons
The payrate was pretty bad based on what they expected.
A welcoming job, but no future involved.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAAugust 12, 2015
I have enjoyed my time as an employee with Capstone. If the pay and benefits were better it could definitely be a job I could make a career. They have given me many opportunities to broaden my experience as a worker, but still have not made it a place to stay.
No Clock,More Time, For Less Money
Frieght Handler/ Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHFebruary 20, 2016
Job life working for Capstone was like waiting for a bus that's taking the long route instead of an efficient one. I began my day waiting for paper work during the morning sometimes 20/30 minutes after being present. Manager would show up 15 maybe even 30 minutes after me. Since I had a background freight handling, this would have been an easy job. Training was too aggressive though. I mean asking questions was scolding for me. I did not get along with everybody there. It wasn't like I was working on the clock because there was no clock. I know that it was not even close to getting paid enough to work those 8 hours. Company seemed to be more into saving money than saving jobs to me. Don't work for a cold storage company not expecting what your going to get out of it. I didn't expect not to get a snow suit for the freezer part of the warehouse for a whole month. So I left the business.
Pros
No Clock
Cons
More time for Less pay
Fast Pace Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 20, 2015
Flexible work schedule. Need improvement with management. Benefits are not really good. Very difficult to get a pay increase
Capsrtone Logistics
Wharehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Town of Schodack, NYDecember 22, 2015
I obtain years of experience in shipping and receiving, loading and unloading trucks with the use of a riding pallet jack in and extremely fast past environment. Worked in hot and cold environments daily. I am a very proficient
In handling materials in awkward sizes and shapes, 2 years experience in quality control, 2 years experience in deadline management, and conflict resolution.
I also have experience in building excellent rapport with fellow employees and
Employers. I maintain a strong level of communication and strong organization
Skills with proven company loyalty, exceptional work ethic and constantly recognized for outstanding performance in fast past environments.
Will not work hear agin
Freight handle/equipment operator/lead (Current Employee) –  KyJune 1, 2016
Bad company to work for some good people no one will put thare foot down to gain control work till you get done so long days even when your not busy start at 4 and get done some days at 10 or so but could be setting around until 3 4 5 6 at night may have eto come back to do stuff as late as 7 to 9 at night over so if you have a family good luck finding time I quit after 2 years and I will never go back
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Fun place to work friendly staff.
Freight Hauler (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 20, 2015
Capstone Logistics is a fun place to work, all employees are friendly good benefits. Every time food product was damaged it would be cooked and brought into the lunchroom for everyone to eat.
Pros
Free food, good workers
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare insurance cost too much.
Fun fast paced work environment
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day we would unload 30-40 trailers onto the dock then organize and seperate all products.
I learned how to use a sit down forklift, to use all equipment safely and to raise products up and store them in their proper areas.
Worked real well with the management he trained me and organized us so that we can finish our daily tasks.
My co-workers and i would work together as a team to unload, organize, palletize and put away all products in a safe and quick manner.
The hardest part of the job would have been the first week just when your getting the hang of the area and how to put products away.
The most enjoyable part would be when we would work together to so that we finish all our daily tasks much faster than anticipated and we get out of work early.
Pros
good workout, great hours, and easy to learn work
Cons
short breaks and not the greatest healthcare
this place was a fun location to work, if you like being robbed blind
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Elwood, KSMarch 7, 2016
Your managers are thiefs. They stole more money from me while working there, then i actually recieved while working there. Then you promote the slime that blackmails them into quitting instead of turning them in and compensating your employess who are the ones who actually deserved the money. You disgust me.
Pros
fair working family
Cons
no breaks, or lunch, or money because they rob you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capstone Logistics, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6