Capstone Logistics

Capstone Logistics Employer Reviews

Never worked for a worse company
Unloader (Former Employee), Oconomowoc, WINovember 19, 2014
Pros: 35 hr work week
Cons: hrs without pay, horrible insurance, bad management
NO BENEFITS-- Their insurance is terrible. WORSE than Obamacare. Don't expect any other kind of benefit either. No sick pay, no holiday pay, weak overtime pay, and only 1 week vacation.

job is an absolute joke. If you work extremely hard you can average 18/hr. I did it for 14 months. But, wait till you work a holiday. No holiday or overtime pay, and – more... on July 4th we sat not working and not getting paid for 8 HOURS! That's right... 8 HOURS WITHOUT PAY! That happened more than once. Certainly what these guys are doing is illegal.

You also have to work Saturdays. Oh, and they will probably ask you to work Sunday too.

Constantly lift over 100 pounds from above your head to below your knees if you want to finish your work in a timely fashion and make a few bucks. Some trucks require you to restack the WHOLE TRUCK!

If you aren't a major butt kisser (i.e. repair your bosses roof, or buy him a new dog, yes that happend) then prepare for the worst. They control who gets what trucks and if you aren't puckering your lips then you will get one covered in ice, cold water and broken boxes while the guy next to you kissing butt gets a 10 min straight pull over and over all day.

Never worked for a more incompetent management. With a better management team I feel this job could be a lot better. – less
productive and friendly co workers
production laborer (Former Employee), wixom, miNovember 14, 2014
Pros: friendly faces, flexable hours, benefits
Cons: heavy lifting
I loved this place because it had nice hours for me to either obtain another job or finish school, there were friendly faces, and always someone there to help me when I had a question.
my boss was easy going when there were a problem.
Great place to work, and great people.
Lead warehouse associate (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WINovember 13, 2014
Cons: pay is not enough for how hard we work
I start at 6:30 at a food service company. I unload trucks and break down the pallets to the customer recommendation. When our supervisor is out I take his place as I am lead, but the people I work with are great never got along with anybody as good as I do with these people worked with them for a long time developing good work relationships with all – more... workers. – less
Made good money but no life
Trailer un/loader, Ticket Selecting (Current Employee), Carteret, NJNovember 10, 2014
Pros: traveled the country
Cons: short breaks long hours, bad pay checks, no job security, no union, theft
Has very few responsible and reliable supervisors.
Job security is slim being a third party company and sometimes underpaid. Doesn't pay people their vacation time and pay. made good money but not a always home with family because of odd hours and days of work.
great
Supervisor (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 6, 2014
awesome place to work everyone should be so lucky to work at a place like this
productive workplace and great place to work.
lumper (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: mentor pay.
Cons: not very good health insurance
There are so many ways you can break down product. Few times your pretty much you are your own boss but you have to work for your money by each truck you do. Great co workers you work with and fun to be around.
Drole hard work every day(Super-valu warehouse Picker)
Picker/Loader (Current Employee), Anniston, ALOctober 31, 2014
Pros: safety hours bonuses, decent pay i guess, good management
Cons: very poor benefits, long hours, difficult labor tasks sometimes 100+lb solo lifts
This place sucks to work for, there's no benefits as far medical goes except Obama care which isn't worth the work we done. I picked here for 8 months with this company. All in All I wouldn't recommend it. The only real pros are the fact that my boss was understanding, as well as a good balance between the friend boss, an the mean boss, so we always – more... got the job done. In a gist or summary it's a horrible way to make a living, but as long as you come to work on time, and do what needs to be done you need not worry about job security, because people have to eat. There's no way around that. Which is why I still gave it 4 stars, I hate working for capstone, but where I live there's not much to choose from, so if you think you can handle grueling manual labor 5 days a week, an not know when u might get off, then I say give it a try maybe you'll like it. One more thing, you more then likely will be put into the freezer which is -15 degrees on average. Still it'll pay your bills. – less
Unfair pay, inconsiderate management.
Freight Handler (Former Employee), Bedford, OHOctober 22, 2014
Pros: you can make money if leads and management stick to company policy.
Cons: leads and management do not stick to company policy.
It's production pay. You could be waiting hours to receive another truck while your hourly rate decreases in the process.
I learned how to lump.
Management is inconsiderate, seldom available, and unreasonable when you finally get in contact.
Co-workers share your woes, dissatisfaction.
Hardest part of the job is maintaining your composure as leads take – more... majority of the trucks and start giving out the trucks once they have met their daily money amount.
The most enjoyable part of the day was clocking out. – less
long hours and bad pay
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAOctober 17, 2014
you never know when you are leaving. Pay is not the best but it's a chill spot but very demanding.
Temporary Employment
Lumper (Current Employee), Lathrop, CAOctober 15, 2014
Currently working for Home Depot within Capstone. Although i am seeking an opportunity that can possibly allow me to grow within a company.
they really dont care about their employees
Freight Handler/Lead Frieght Handler (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTOctober 6, 2014
Pros: hours, freedom
Cons: lack of care, pay
pay based on truck and trucks given at random no one is ever sure what they will make you can leave with $20 for a 10 hr shift. managers and higher up managers really dont care about your problems
Hard work
Warehouse Returns Processor (Current Employee), Butner, NCSeptember 29, 2014
You work hard to make your money. Its good money but the environment can be kept up and have good management.
Its a long commute, long days, non productive, no advancement.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Cons: short breaks, no insurance, dont know when you are going to get out
I would leave my house by 5:50-6:00 and get there around 7:00. Start by 7:15-7:30 and wouldn't get out of work until 5:00-6:00 sometimes even later. The conveyors belts would go down and we would be standing around for 25 to 35 minutes before we started working again. They hired someone out of the company to take over a supervisor position.
Unproductive Poor management
Operator/Unloader (Former Employee), Southaven,MississippiSeptember 13, 2014
Do as much as you can in one day.Bad company management.Wasn't a hard part about the job just wasnt designed to be an career opportunity.
The people were nice
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: early shifts
Cons: bad communications and they leave you in the dark and bad at returning phone calls
Safe environment to work in
They offer training on how to work safe
They had one really good manager who communicated well with his employees but is no longer the company.
Co-worker were all nice and respectable
The enjoyable part of the job was the early morning hours and it being fast pace
productive and fast paced
Unloader (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: pays good, excellent work environment
Cons: energy consuming
Working here was very acceptable experience.It taught me how to mange my time and how to consume energy while working longer hours.
productive and fun work place
warehouse selector (Current Employee), Schodack Landing, NYAugust 27, 2014
inspect equipment and select cases that are then loaded onto a truck to be distributed to local stores.
Great company to work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee), South CarolinaAugust 27, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: benefits not so good.
Capstone is a great company to work for. It's a fast paced work environmet. IT can be challenge at times but that's a good thing for me. They work 12 hour shifts and off every other weekend.
TERRIBLE
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2014
DO NOT APPLY!!!! THIS JOB IS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE. SUPERVISORS DO NOT RESPECT NOR CARE ABOUT YOU. ITS ALL A BUDDY SYSTEM. IF YOU DISAGREE THEY WILL GIVE YOU BIG LOADS UNTIL YOU QUIT. CLERKS ARE TERRIBLE AND HAVE A HORRIBLE ATTITUDE.
looking for better opportunity
Freight Team (Current Employee), West Memphis, ARAugust 21, 2014
Cons: favorites picked
looking for better pay and management. the hours vary and doesn't give you much family time.

1 2 3 4 5