Capsugel Employee Reviews in United States

manufacturing environment
microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 2, 2015
Very successful company with many global locations. High intensity work environment and stressful job, but compensated in salary/pay. Heavy work load but there are many opportunities that will come available for you to be successful and grown in your career. Though you may not be recognized for all your accomplishments, you will have great resume boosters and experiences that will enable you to broaden your horizon.
Great job overall but has a culture of complacency and favoritism.
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 26, 2016
My experience at Capsugel was both good and bad as is with most jobs. The job itself was great! I learned a lot and had a chance to further develop my skills as a mechanic. The upper management at Capsugel was considered a problem for most colleagues. Colleagues were often judged on their attitudes, racial and economic backgrounds instead of the quality of their work. Management routinely used personal feelings to decide a lot of matters in the work place.
Fantastic management
Contract Chemist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 29, 2015
The management was excellent. The employees were very knowledgeable and friendly. Compensation was lower than most similar positions overall, but on par with similar positions in the area.
Negative
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood scFebruary 18, 2016
Management sucks. Dosent care about employees just profit. All about a buddy system. Bottomline they are not organized in what they perceived to do
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Everthing. Low pay. No advance.
Great Experience and a great comapny!
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 1, 2016
I was hired through a temp. service to setup Intermec CN70 portable computer/scanners for implementation of SAP. Although I had no experience with Intermec portable computers or SAP programs, I quickly learned and was programming and trouble shooting the scanners. I also learned their varied software systems and assisted the IT team in their daily operations and their Refresh Project(configuring new computers for replacement of users old units)
Pros
Great company!! Excellent Team to work with!!
Cons
Saddly it was only a temp job. I completed the assignment.
Good Company to work for
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 15, 2015
excellent entry level operator position. Job duties are clearly explained and not too challenging. Management is very supportive.
Family Oriented Team
Microbiology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 31, 2015
Busy days, Time flies, everyone makes the job enjoyable.
I learned if you are respectful, then everyone respects you.
Management was good, everything went smoothly everyday and made the job easier.
The co-workers were great. They made me enjoy going to work every day.
The hardest part was being part-time and trying to get things done quickly.
The people were the most enjoyable part. It felt more like a place to go and be happy than a place to dread being everyday.
Pros
busy work, fair breaks, distributed workloads
Cons
temp job
Recently purchased by private equity
Pharmaceutical Business Development (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 21, 2014
Capsugel was recently (2011) purchased by a private equity firm known as "KKR" (Serta, Nabisco, Toy r' Us). Lack of experience in the pharmaceutical work place has caused some questionable management changes. My position was eliminated due to one of those changes. The focus is on generating revenue, not bringing new medicines to market.
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
no regard for the work force. a "robot" style of management
No place to acquire a career
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 9, 2013
I was never allowed any opportunity to advance, management is deceitful and dishonest. Its seems advancement is based upon the buddy system. None of our complaints as emplyees are considered they simply advise you to "Do what you need to do" with no regards to your complaints
Cons
everything
Great job and learned alot
Operator / Quality Check (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 31, 2015
I ran pin daily every half hour we had checks to complete this is where I learned about running CNC. management was ok but worked temps like me until contract was up and they are let go this is a job I was hoping to get. the hardest part of the job is keeping the tight tolerances we had to but I was able to do succesfully
Productive and good company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 12, 2012
Good benefits and pay, good training, long hours but pays off, good coworkers, a company that cared for employees
Pros
family fun days, benefits, compensation
Cons
hours
Best company I have ever worked for
LAB TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 12, 2012
Every day was a challenge working with Capsugel. I enjoyes every day. The people there were not just my coworker or supervisor, they were more like mentors. I respect every one and I appreciated all that I have learned from them all. Strong believers in team work and the company had the best benefits ever with a personal gym on site. They had health incentives and even book fairs on site. Definitely recommend this company to anyone!!!
Pros
everything
Cons
no longer a division of pfizer
Great place to work for the past 20 years.
Procurement Department-planner/scheduler/jr buyer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 20, 2014
I have really enjoyed the employment experience within Capsugel. I held several position from manufacturing, where I started to the last job in Procurement as a junior buyer (planner/scheduler). I take away many fond memories. I have learned so much.
Pros
pay and benefits were excellant
Cons
being bought and sold as a company lead to my job being cut or eliminated.
Great place to learn
QA/Finishing (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 4, 2014
Employment here will give you the insight needed to learn the manufatoring of pharmaceuticals. Some days are long but the people employed here can turn a bad day into a great learning experience.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
12 shifts
Best Company I've ever worked for!
Worldwide Stores Clerk Temp (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 16, 2012
Capsugel is by far the best company I've ever had the privilege of working for. I was 17 when I first started working there through an internship with my high school. My intern position was supposed to end after I graduated but Capsugel decided to keep me working in a temporary position. My day consisted of filing paper work, creating manuals, pulling, packing, and shipping capsule machine parts internationally and domestically, creating excel sheets, and stocking inventory.
Cons
great people to work with, willingness for time off, great enviornment, overall trustworthy company!
Supporting and maintaining Docway Publisher 7.1.2, configuring publishing rules to publish the documents from Documentum 6.5 to SharePoint sites. Depl
Migration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 20, 2014
• Configured 200 sites and 1000 publishing rules in Docway Publisher to publish the documents in SharePoint sites.
• Deploy Docway Publisher and Documentum JAR files in Application Server.
• Coordinate with Network team to set up DNS aliases.
• Deployed customized solution files in SharePoint 2010 environment.
• Configuration more than 200 SharePoint 2010 sites to publish the documents from Documentum to SharePoint sites
• Delivering required SharePoint solutions using Onsite/Offshore Support Model
• Written PowerShell scripts to perform various activities.
• Interacting with Vendor directly to install/fix patches.
• Interaction with Engineering teams regarding the build of SharePoint 2010 infrastructure
• Leading the deployment activities for time to time releases.
• Work with Validation team to ensure that all the SOPs and guidelines are followed.
• Schedule meetings with clients to provide status updates.
Overall, good work environment and pretty easy work.
Equipment Cleaner/Grinder (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 15, 2012
This is one of the best jobs i have had in a long time. The reason why this is one of the best jobs i have had in a long time is because of the environment, co-workers and work days. When you arrive at work, you have to keep in mind that this CAN be a stressful job if you come in unprepared. As long as you get your rest, eat and come in with a clear mind, everything will run smoothly. The hardest part of the job is to make sure you have the tank room cleared when the supervisor comes in. This is because tanks come in every 10 mins and you only have 12 tank washers and it takes about 30 to 40 mins for them to wash before you can put another set on. The most enjoyable part of work is when you have everything caught up and you have other time to do the things you need to do that will take a numerous number of minutes to do. In this job, i learned how to be a better team player and more skills about team work because with team work, you can get things done twice as fast as you would by yourself.
Pros
go to lunch whenever you want
Cons
dye gets on your hands
Not such a good place since Pfizer sold them
Senior Financial Analyst/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 7, 2015
Capsugel was a great place to work but since Pfizer sold them they are not so great any more. It is all about the bottom line now unfortunately.
Great people to work with!
Global Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 5, 2015
Colleagues at Capsugel in the Greenwood plant are the best! The Capsugel facility is well maintained and has an excellent safety record.
A/P SAP Development and Implementation
A/P Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 14, 2013
Implementation of SAP software. Fast pace due to rigid deadline. Implementation, Testing, and Training of A/P Staff on SAP.

A/P moved from India to US.

Vendor Master Maintenance. GR/IR Reconciliations. MM interface to SAP Maintenance.

First Development from ground up. New system, and new department. Loved it.
Pros
input considered every time
Cons
after implementation not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capsugel. Our community is ready to answer.

Capsugel Reviews by Location