Capsugel

Capsugel Employee Reviews

Not such a good place since Pfizer sold them
Senior Financial Analyst/Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 7, 2015
Capsugel was a great place to work but since Pfizer sold them they are not so great any more. It is all about the bottom line now unfortunately.
Great people to work with!
Global Project Manager (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCApril 5, 2015
Colleagues at Capsugel in the Greenwood plant are the best! The Capsugel facility is well maintained and has an excellent safety record.
Great job and learned alot
Operator / Quality Check (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMarch 31, 2015
I ran pin daily every half hour we had checks to complete this is where I learned about running CNC. management was ok but worked temps like me until contract was up and they are let go this is a job I was hoping to get. the hardest part of the job is keeping the tight tolerances we had to but I was able to do succesfully
Family Oriented Team
Microbiology Lab Technician (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: busy work, fair breaks, distributed workloads
Cons: temp job
Busy days, Time flies, everyone makes the job enjoyable.
I learned if you are respectful, then everyone respects you.
Management was good, everything went smoothly everyday and made the job easier.
The co-workers were great. They made me enjoy going to work every day.
The hardest part was being part-time and trying to get things done quickly.
The people were the most enjoyable part. It felt more like a place to go and be happy than a place to dread being everyday.
Great Colleagues
Microbiologist (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCFebruary 5, 2015
This company has many workers will exceptional work ethic and positive attitudes, which creates a great environment for assigned daily tasks or projects.
Ok management
Store Clerk (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCNovember 18, 2014
I feel as though working for MAU you have no voice and people can say and do what they want without listening to MAU employees. Also the pay is not so great and its only 12 hr shifts
good place
Analytical Chemist (temp) (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCOctober 19, 2014
its ok for greenwood sc. not an excited town or work being done there, but its a stress free job
Supporting and maintaining Docway Publisher 7.1.2, configuring publishing rules to publish the documents from Documentum 6.5 to SharePoint sites. Depl
Migration Engineer (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAAugust 20, 2014
• Configured 200 sites and 1000 publishing rules in Docway Publisher to publish the documents in SharePoint sites.
• Deploy Docway Publisher and Documentum JAR files in Application Server.
• Coordinate with Network team to set up DNS aliases.
• Deployed customized solution files in SharePoint 2010 environment.
• Configuration more than 200 SharePoint 2010 sites to publish the documents from Documentum to SharePoint sites
• Delivering required SharePoint solutions using Onsite/Offshore Support Model
• Written PowerShell scripts to perform various activities.
• Interacting with Vendor directly to install/fix patches.
• Interaction with Engineering teams regarding the build of SharePoint 2010 infrastructure
• Leading the deployment activities for time to time releases.
• Work with Validation team to ensure that all the SOPs and guidelines are followed.
• Schedule meetings with clients to provide status updates.
Relaxed work environment
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCAugust 17, 2014
Everyone is pretty nice and willing to help you.
Even though the atmosphere is relaxed, you can tell everyone is always working.
Work does not encroach upon personal life at all.
Relaxed work environment
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCAugust 17, 2014
Everyone is pretty nice and willing to help you.
Even though the atmosphere is relaxed, you can tell everyone is always working.
Work does not encroach upon personal life at all.
Good Pharmaceutical Company
Research and Development Senior Scientist (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJune 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: now owned by an equity firm
Good place to work. Good People. Decent hours. Heavy work load. Must be able to multi task and perform various job duties.
Recently purchased by private equity
Pharmaceutical Business Development (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
Cons: no regard for the work force. a "robot" style of management
Capsugel was recently (2011) purchased by a private equity firm known as "KKR" (Serta, Nabisco, Toy r' Us). Lack of experience in the pharmaceutical work place has caused some questionable management changes. My position was eliminated due to one of those changes. The focus is on generating revenue, not bringing new medicines to market.
Great place to learn
QA/Finishing (Former Employee), Greenwood, INMarch 4, 2014
Pros: health benifits
Cons: 12 shifts
Employment here will give you the insight needed to learn the manufatoring of pharmaceuticals. Some days are long but the people employed here can turn a bad day into a great learning experience.
Great place to work for the past 20 years.
Procurement Department-planner/scheduler/jr buyer (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits were excellant
Cons: being bought and sold as a company lead to my job being cut or eliminated.
I have really enjoyed the employment experience within Capsugel. I held several position from manufacturing, where I started to the last job in Procurement as a junior buyer (planner/scheduler). I take away many fond memories. I have learned so much.
A/P SAP Development and Implementation
A/P Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCAugust 14, 2013
Pros: input considered every time
Cons: after implementation not enough work
Implementation of SAP software. Fast pace due to rigid deadline. Implementation, Testing, and Training of A/P Staff on SAP.

A/P moved from India to US.

Vendor Master Maintenance. GR/IR Reconciliations. MM interface to SAP Maintenance.

First Development from ground up. New system, and new department. Loved it.
Great place
Temporary Chemist (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCFebruary 20, 2013
Capsugel is a great place to work. The management was great and so were my co-workers.
No place to acquire a career
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCFebruary 9, 2013
Cons: everything
I was never allowed any opportunity to advance, management is deceitful and dishonest. Its seems advancement is based upon the buddy system. None of our complaints as emplyees are considered they simply advise you to "Do what you need to do" with no regards to your complaints
Best Company I've ever worked for!
Worldwide Stores Clerk Temp (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCOctober 16, 2012
Cons: great people to work with, willingness for time off, great enviornment, overall trustworthy company!
Capsugel is by far the best company I've ever had the privilege of working for. I was 17 when I first started working there through an internship with my high school. My intern position was supposed to end after I graduated but Capsugel decided to keep me working in a temporary position. My day consisted of filing paper work, creating manuals, pulling, packing, and shipping capsule machine parts internationally and domestically, creating excel sheets, and stocking inventory.
Overall, good work environment and pretty easy work.
Equipment Cleaner/Grinder (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 15, 2012
Pros: go to lunch whenever you want
Cons: dye gets on your hands
This is one of the best jobs i have had in a long time. The reason why this is one of the best jobs i have had in a long time is because of the environment, co-workers and work days. When you arrive at work, you have to keep in mind that this CAN be a stressful job if you come in unprepared. As long as you get your rest, eat and come in with a clear mind, everything will run smoothly. The hardest part of the job is to make sure you have the tank room cleared when the supervisor comes in. This is because tanks come in every 10 mins and you only have 12 tank washers and it takes about 30 to 40 mins for them to wash before you can put another set on. The most enjoyable part of work is when you have everything caught up and you have other time to do the things you need to do that will take a numerous number of minutes to do. In this job, i learned how to be a better team player and more skills about team work because with team work, you can get things done twice as fast as you would by yourself.
Productive and good company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 12, 2012
Pros: family fun days, benefits, compensation
Cons: hours
Good benefits and pay, good training, long hours but pays off, good coworkers, a company that cared for employees