Captain D's

Captain D's Employee Reviews

fast pace work enviornment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYApril 23, 2015
Pros: Learning to work as a team to get job done
Cons: low pay and loss of hours sometimes
came in and got food and supplies ready. Had to cook food and prepare plates in a timely fashion. Kept work area neat and clean and kept dishes and supplies clean. Worked well with co-workers and became close. Sometimes when busy it was hectic but enjoyed making costumers happy.
pay is great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2015
the pay is great other then that its a horrible job. you work 60 hours a week one day off and never off on a weekend. there benefits suck and management thinks they can talk to you like a dog
Fantastic co-workers!!
Cashier/Dining (Current Employee), McMinnville, TNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free meal, great co-workers and managament
Cons: No breaks unless you work full shift, and low pay.
This is only my second day here, and i absolutely love it! I have some more learning to do but everyone is happy and uplifting. There hasn't been a minute that i regret putting my application in! If you find a Captain D's near you hiring, APPLY APPLY APPLY ! The only con is the pay, it isn't the greatest, especially if we work our a*!@es off.
Too Many Immature and Lazy Co-Workers
Counter/Cashier (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARApril 6, 2015
Pros: Seniors with nice attitudes
Cons: Co-workers
We got paid 7.50/hr and had numerous duties, with co-workers that insisted that I do all the work, while they sat around talking to each other. The hiring manager was doing the same. I eventually left because I didn't feel comfortable because he had hired a pedophile.
The hardest part was doing everything and not getting noticed for it.
The most enjoyable part was serving the customers and conversing with them.
Captain D's
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILApril 5, 2015
Pros: hours, management, the job itself
Cons: None
I had a great time working for Captain D's. The management were all very friendly and helpful in making me the best employee I could be. The pay left a bit to be desired, but combined with the nearly full-time hours I worked, it was sufficient. The door is always open for me to go back and I would go back in a heartbeat.
fun work place
Cook (Former Employee), Albany, GAApril 2, 2015
I just enjoy cooking and meeting new people. I don't have much to say about this company far as a good work place for part time people.
productive workplace
Captain D's Seafood (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: learning experience, fine dining
Cons: short breaks, couple finger burns here and there
come in start the day getting meals prepared for customers, making sure everything is clean and up to par. Keep meals cooking hot and ready while maintaining proper work station. end the day cleaning stocking and making sure everything is in proper order. Learned to stay focus and not finish until job is complete. Co workers helped with learning process and made for a great work environment for me.
Great Management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCMarch 19, 2015
Enjoyed working there overall. Business was great and the customers were even better. I had a great team to work with. I learned a lot considering this was my first real job.
Poor work enviroment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free management lunch
Cons: hard workers are unapprecaited. work 8-13 hour shifts without breaks
Upper Management tends to be lazy and self-centered creating a stressful and unfair work environment. The co-workers, that are not management, are all respectable with an exception of one or two. The hardest part of the job is trying to have a life outside of work because the work schedule for the following week is never posted on time or one day at a time. Also, although the schedule is subject to change, you get no notification if the schedule does change and you get punished when you show up late to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is socializing with fellow co-workers. On a typical day, it is too busy to carry on any pleasing conversations at work, but on occasion, you can enjoy a pleasant conversation amongst others while doing the job effectively.
Productive and great work environment.
cashier (Former Employee), WadesboroMarch 3, 2015
Pros: had 30 min breaks
Cons: got sent home early because business was slow
Things I loved about working at captain d's was being able to meet new people. I had a chance to learn how to greet customers and being able to serve them the best way i could. Serving my customers and making sure that their satisfied was what I enjoy doing best. My co-workers loved they would actually say they enjoyed working with me because I would always get my work done and i always did it in a fast pace.
good place to work
Area/District Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2015
it overall was good place to work, benifits are not the best. and since the new owners some of the new goals re not lining up with my morals.
It was a place that at first was fun but then got very disorganized due to staff
cook (Former Employee), Jacksonville , FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good leaning experience
Cons: co workers
A topical day at work was simple I would walk threw the front door and the front count people would great me with a pleasant , " Hello. '' Then as i continued threw the back door in to the kitchen the cooks would do the same then i would wash my hands after putting on an apron . Then right before I hop on the line to pass out orders i put on my latex gloves so my bare hands don't touch the costumers food .
Fast paced work environment
Area Director (Current Employee), Nicholasville, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Very fast paced, and different everyday. My favorite part is seeing the joy on my employees faces when they are commended on doing a great job. Also seeing how happy we make our guests feel.
Laid back then most fast food places, but limited opportunities.
Assistant manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: managers free meal
Cons: benefits are not great
Hardest part of job is all the burns you receive as a cook working in the back. good times is being able to chat freely when its not busy.
It's OK.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), Crossville, TNFebruary 5, 2015
A lot of stress involved working for this company. It was a franchise location so not as many corporate people down your back. Not enough pay and benefits for someone with a degree. If you want a lot of family time, do not work for this company.
it was an ok working fun productive place
Cashier (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 29, 2015
It was fun and having to learn about customer service. I was cashiering learning new thing
good
crew (Former Employee), kingsport tennesseeJanuary 29, 2015
good minimum wage job to start out with. pays good for the hours available. but I wouldn't work there again. people there were not very friendly.
high energy work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville, MSJanuary 27, 2015
A typical work day at Captain D's is incredibly fast-paced. A lot of people are in out and out from open to close. The workers generally care about all the customers and would bend over backwards to make sure that their visit was well worth the time and money. Our regular customers were known to us on a first name basis. The most difficult part of the job was attending to angry or unsatisfied customers. Sometimes the best you can do is apologize and offer something to lessen the disappointment they experienced on their visit. All in all, working in a fast-paced environment helped me to build up my people skills, my stress management in difficult situations, and my ability to work quickly and efficiently.
terrible don't waste your time
kitchen (Former Employee), Washington ave Huntington, wvJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: everything unless you kiss their butts
Huntington, wv Westside location was awful.....they are lazy, play favorites like highschool and managers are a joke. You won't get any hours. Because they hire too many people. And if you work hard they will take advantage of you and have you do everyone else's job so they can get out on time and let their favorites get an easy day and more hours.....after you make their day easier they send you home and they get paid to scratch their butts. This job is not worth your time try McDonald's.
Delishes seafood
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: discount on my meals
Cons: always raplacing employees
It was overall a easy going place to work, enjoyed interacting with my coworkers. I was always so happy to go to work doing something that I enjoyed doing

About Captain D's

If you like eating at Captain D’s Seafood Restaurant, you’ll love working here. We offer a fun, fast-paced environment – Read more

Captain D's Salaries