Captain D's

Captain D's Employer Reviews

Cooking and doing what have to and what I don't have to
Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 3, 2014
Cooking seafood, mostly fried and deep fried. Dishwashing when the dishes pile up. Cleaning at the end of the day
Good but not my type
Hrs. - Trainee (Former Employee), Cornelia GaMarch 28, 2014
Good company to work for, fast paced, medial tasks. I have better and bigger ambitions and that a local restaurant though, so it just wasn't for me.
Learn how to deal with customer and became very excellent with customer service
Shift Leader & Cook (Former Employee), Aiken, SCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: experiment great customer service
Cons: lack of hours
The was actually my first job. I learn the great deal of customer service at this job and work my way up to Shift Leader. Becoming a shift leader taught me how to managing money for the company, how to close and open a store, and how to prep food for that day based on the sales.
love the customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Eufaula, ALMarch 28, 2014
Pros: part time
Cons: short breaks
great job loved working their coworkers where great learned how to deal with difficult customers
Clean workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 27, 2014
Pros: discounts on the food and free drinks
Cons: breaks are required.
A typical day at work was slow, only about four hours of work. Managers could have been more professional but wasn't overall bad. I enjoyed cleaning the lobbies and restrooms the most while working here. The hardest part was not getting the amount of hours that I preferred.
Fun environment nice people
Fast Food Cook (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: very childish employees
By far the best team i have ever worked on. Very productive and eficient
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Snellville, GAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: happy customers, pay, work/life balance
Cons: school while working
Come in. Greet co-workers and customers. Clock in. Count drawer. If customers in line, take orders. If not, check on customers in dining area. Stock condiments silver ware and ice. Clean and stock bathrooms.
Very productive
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Hazard, KYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short break
learned more customer service there wasnt enough workers i worked 6 days a week for about 10 hrs while in school only had 1 co worker and he was very friendly management was horrible he would not help at all even if there was multiple orders.
Fast to get alone with people, i like to keep my self busy.
Cashier (Current Employee), Matthews, NCMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free dirks
Cons: i would get a 30 minutes break when i work weekends all day
Typically we would be try to keep everything organize and clean.
I have learned that Safety its always first.
I really enjoy working with my co-workers, and never had any problems with anyone there.
The hardest part of all was when people did not like the prices so they would ask for a the manager to see if they could get it any cheaper than what it – more... was.
What i mostly enjoy of that job was when people could not decide what to get or for a better price deal and so i would help them what the benefit would be of that. – less
Cashier/ Cook
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2014
Great job to start off with , typical day included opening the restaurant, prepping, cooking, cleaning, and stocking.
Flexible and fast- paced workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Cedartown, GAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay rate/ no raises in pay
I worked varied hours depending on the need. From this job, I learned customer service skills and management skills. My management team was very supportive. The coworkers I had were generally very helpful and hard- working. The hardest part of this job was juggling customer service while performing shift- related tasks. The most enjoyable part was getting – more... to see and serve the customers and making them happy. – less
Not a good place overall
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2014
The managers only care about themselves. You have to teach yourself everything. When I worked there, I had to teach the newbies and I was not the manager. The only good think is that they don't look at experience so it can be a first job.
great workplce
cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2014
I come do my shift love taking customer order.The hardest part is to wash all the dishes as it is busy.I learned the correct way of cleaning a waffle maker.The best part of my job is learning what my customer personalality.I love working with my co-workers they were great.
Fun yet stable place to work
Cashier/Guest Specialist (Current Employee), Portsmouth, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: fun co workers
Cons: stressful and not always organized
Captain D's is a good place to work to enjoy yourself and have fun. Usually the same customers come in from day to day so it is easy to develop a personal relationship with them to make their experience more enjoyable. Most of our customers are usually elderly and I specifically enjoy working with them.
Typical day
Crew Member (Current Employee), Antioch, TNFebruary 27, 2014
preping food and making sure it was fresh. tending to guests and sometimes we got crowded
Lovely Environment,Clean workplace, Lovely people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: the environment
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is taking orders, cleaning tables, supplying the customers needs.
What I have learned from this job is patience and time management. I've learned how maintain self control when you might come across a not so nice customer.
I love my co workers, they make me happy to come in to work.
I don't think there is nothing to hard about – more... this job, its self explanatory just do what you supposed to do.
The most enjoyable part of this job is just meeting new people everyday, and also the people that come very frequently you get to see them again and converse with them which can brighten your day – less
Captain D's
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: good cashier experience.
Cons: n/a
While working in a restaurant environment it was a little shaky, because I have come across a lot of very rude customers. I was able to learn how to not allow the rude customers to steal my joy.
Guests made work fun
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 10, 2014
Everyday operations
policies and procedure
got alone with everybody
control labor
your guest and teammates
Easy Going fast food resturant.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaFebruary 6, 2014
In store management was great and easy going, regional management only cared about numbers and not employees.
Constant Leadership Changes, Lack of Respect
General Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: very few
Cons: not respected. no support
I ran one of the better locations and started out with great conditions. Before I resigned, I had worked under 4 different Area Managers in 2 years. During my tenure, I was also sexually harassed and after reporting this to HR was left to continue working with this individual for 2 weeks before any action was taken even though I provided physical evidence. – more... After I was no longer employed, they actually rehired this individual.
Also, I put in my two weeks notice and worked all the way through the notice. They held back the bonus I earned and did not pay out my vacation. I trained Regional Directors and ran the location that was used for all of the commercials. Yet, in the end, I left feeling disrespected. I did the right thing and they did not reciprocate. – less

About Captain D's

If you like eating at Captain D’s Seafood Restaurant, you’ll love working here. We offer a fun, fast-paced environment – Read more