CapTel

CapTel Employee Reviews

Great Job
Captions' Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for Captel. it was a job where you were helping people . So that was always a plus helping those in need .I would most defiantly work for the company again .
good job
Captioning specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: none
good job i get to help people all day and get paid while doing it. I also set my own hours which is cool. over all i enjoy this job.
Good job for people who need to build experience
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 1, 2015
Pros: Knowing your job makes an active difference in people's lives.
Cons: Sick day system, lack of coworker interactions, the inability to leave cubical throughout the day without consequences
The thing I appreciated about this job is that I was able to build my resume and gain experience after I left college. I also appreciated that this was the type of job that you could leave at the office-- I never took any work home with me, as everything was done in the office itself.

I loved the fact that, even though the job itself could be monotonous, I was positively affecting people's lives all around the country. We always heard testimonials from people who would tell us that without our product they would not be able to live independently.

It was difficult because you had to basically sit in your cubical the entirety of your shift. In between calls, you were allowed to do things like puzzles, crafts, read, homework, etc... as long as it didn't connect to the internet (for confidentiality reasons). But that still meant that if you needed to use the restroom or grab a drink of water you were closely monitored and given warnings if you went over the allotted time for "adherence to schedule."
very fun work place
Caption Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation day free food 15 free minutes on break
Cons: no cons to me
interesting work days
learned how to work under high call frequency
great management
positive co-workers
really was no hard part of the job
most enjoyable part of work seeing the customer reviews
Great Location
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 22, 2015
Pros: Team work
Cons: Long days on month end
A typical day consited of data entering of all work, setting up vendors or making corrections. It was a great environment and plus we worked as a team.
Great Job
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 27, 2015
Great Job just boring, very hard to change schedule which led to my departure. 2 months to change. overall good job good job good job
Very productive call center
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed coming into work and sitting at my cubicle. The customers were always pleasant and the reviews done by supervisors were very insightful and constructive.
Very boring work with bad pay
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 13, 2015
Everyday is the same thing, come in and sit at your cubicle for 8 hours, you are not allowed to speak with other people and the coworkers are kind of rude and not at all social
Great Place to Work
Captioning Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2015
CapTel is a great place to work. The environment and staff are great. I would tell anyone that CapTel is a perfect place to work.
decent compensation
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), madison wiMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company my only issue is there is not alot of concentration or focus required for the position.
very productive, too serious of a workplace
captioning assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: helpful and supporting staff
Cons: short breaks, impossible to balnce work and life
I learned a lot about the company and I enjoyed working there but personally for me the distance and pay was not worth it. There are great opportunities to up your pay but very difficult standards to earn it. The work schedule is horrible to balance your life with so if you have a social life its probably not recommended.
Customer Service/Call Center
Telephone Captioning Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: indirect customer service
Handled calls for hard of hearing clients. Call Center Environment. Helped Hard of hearing. Indirect Customer Service.
ok work place
captionist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2015
the environment was fun, hower=ver they do not understand that life happens and that people get sick and have family emergencies.
Just a job
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaMarch 9, 2015
CapTel is a good job for a first timer. working for them will give you the skills you need in order to move on to a better job. Definitely not somewhere for that much advancement.
Boring
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2015
Pros: raises, flexiable schedule
Cons: no excitment
This job is okay if you can stay wake. Pay can be raise quite often though. Very flexible schedule.. You have monitored calls on a daily basis. DB
Awesome
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: caters dinners every month
Cons: the timings we took everyday
Everyday we will sign in and select a computer. Then we will grab our headsets, folders, and water bottles so we can have while at our computers. Everyday we caption calls for the deaf and hard of hearing clients that have the unique CapTel phone. Also, everyday we took timings to see our proficiency in pronouncing the words to a system called dragon.
Challenging, however interesting workplace.
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: challenging, friendly management, desks that adjusted from sitting to standing position
Cons: unprofessional coworkers, compensation
Each day I provided closed captioning for hearing impaired customers on their telephone calls. This involved a range of captioning techniques that allowed a rate of 150+ WPM. In this position I improved my typing speed and learned to rapidly identify and differentiate different speaking voices. Management was very friendly and accessible to employees. My coworkers were mostly college students who did not seem to take the job seriously. Luckily, there was no collaboration or teamwork involved at this job. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with fast speakers or those with a heavy accent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of being able to keep up with the aforementioned speakers.
great environment with flexible hours
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), milwaukeeNovember 18, 2014
Pros: guaranteed raise every 6 months, pretty easy workflow
Cons: quick to let someone go, and scheduling can be a hassle
pretty easy-going, yet fast paced environment. management down to earth, friendly co-workers
hardest part was captioning extremely fast-paced calls, easiest part was the position itself.
Communications
Captions' Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
Would not recommend this job
good hours
but not a flexible life with hours
no compassion for employees
Sitting, sitting, and more sitting
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: boring
At first, it was a very easy job. But there was no social aspect to get to know coworkers. It consisted of sitting in a cube, listening to peoples conversations, and repeating them all day. It became very sedentary and i developed some back and leg issues from sitting.

1 2 3 4 5

About CapTel

CapTel is one of the leading nationwide providers of captioning support for people with hearing loss. CapTel allows individuals – Read more

CapTel Salaries