CapTel

CapTel Employee Reviews

Job was fine, rules were ridiculous
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming in and captioning phone calls for the hard of hearing clients. The job was fine, the pay wasn't very good and the rules they have don't really have anything do with your performance at the job which can be frustrating.
flexible with good atmosphere
Captioning Assistant/Coach (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2015
Pros: flexiblity
Cons: healthcare
Captel provides a comprehensive training program with continued ongoing support. They offer a positive overall work environment and ability for advancement. Agency policy's are clear and scheduling is flexible.
Perfect college job
Revoicing Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Nice Break Room
Cons: Location
It's is a very private(no talking) type of place. Due to the content of the calls your not allowed to discuss work. Overall a nice place to work
Trustworthy company that if you are on time and do the job expected of you, you will easily advance.
captioning assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee WiJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Make your own schedule
Cons: expected to work 1 weekend day a week
A company that fairly compensates employees and allows the freedom to choose your own work schedule. A very dependable job, where if you show up on time and do what is expected of you you will have a secure place at the company and advance with regular raises.
CapTel Captionist
Captionist (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Easy, No physical requirements
Cons: Monotonous, Repetitve, Little Free Time
Workday is in an office cubical environment. Expect to take a wide range of calls and be expected to maintain an accurate transcription rate of 90% at a minimum. You will be monitored on a call at least one time per day depending on your performance. You are allotted an amount of break time that can be used at any point of your shift based on the length, and if working an 8 hour day, are given a lunch break of 30 minutes that is expected to be taken within a predetermined timeframe.

Work is largely repetitive, with little free time. When not on call, you are allowed non-electronic objects to pass the time (homework, books, ect). Cell phones are only allowed on breaks and, if spotted by a supervisor, will get you written up.

The job is largely not enjoyable, but it is a decent job for anyone looking for a easy and monotonous position with decent starting pay and requiring little to no physical work. Management does allow employees to submit leave early requests that may be approved if call volume is low.
Great job to have in college
Spanish Captioning Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, benefits
Cons: Boring
Flexible hours available. You set your schedule, and it never changes unless you change it. Very friendly management staff. Paid training. The skills you learn from CapTel are good ones to have; Fast typing speed, speech perception, highly enunciated speech.
I Would Work Here Again
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 9, 2015
Cons: very Strict
To be completely honest I got in trouble to much trying to manage school, work, single parenting, and other things in life but this job is very ideal for someone who doesnt mind working all the time and making a decent income to use their vocals and ears. Literally no harsh labor and a lot of slow time to read your favorite book or even do some school work.
Good place to work if going to school or need extra $ and you can deal with management drama
Client/customer service (Former Employee), Milwaukee, Wisconsin downtownJuly 8, 2015
Pros: The building is attached to grand avenue mall, on bus line
Cons: no parking, bus timing
Too much micro management. Supervisors monitor you every day so you work under pressure. Didn't like it. There is nothing more to tell. Hardest part of job is being micromanaged all day and if a manager did not like you they would constructive criticism would become very nasty and they would stay on you all day every day and the only way you could get rid of that supervisor is if you got a shift change.
Very diverse
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2015
Pros: Proficient training
Cons: short breaks being a smoker
Answering calls for the hearing impaired, is an experience in itself. But it is very rewarding to know that you are helping them to communicate via telephone. People from all walks of life work there, and I love and admire that about this company.
Great Job
Captions' Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for Captel. it was a job where you were helping people . So that was always a plus helping those in need .I would most defiantly work for the company again .
good job
Captioning specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: none
good job i get to help people all day and get paid while doing it. I also set my own hours which is cool. over all i enjoy this job.
Good job for people who need to build experience
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 1, 2015
Pros: Knowing your job makes an active difference in people's lives.
Cons: Sick day system, lack of coworker interactions, the inability to leave cubical throughout the day without consequences
The thing I appreciated about this job is that I was able to build my resume and gain experience after I left college. I also appreciated that this was the type of job that you could leave at the office-- I never took any work home with me, as everything was done in the office itself.

I loved the fact that, even though the job itself could be monotonous, I was positively affecting people's lives all around the country. We always heard testimonials from people who would tell us that without our product they would not be able to live independently.

It was difficult because you had to basically sit in your cubical the entirety of your shift. In between calls, you were allowed to do things like puzzles, crafts, read, homework, etc... as long as it didn't connect to the internet (for confidentiality reasons). But that still meant that if you needed to use the restroom or grab a drink of water you were closely monitored and given warnings if you went over the allotted time for "adherence to schedule."
very fun work place
Caption Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation day free food 15 free minutes on break
Cons: no cons to me
interesting work days
learned how to work under high call frequency
great management
positive co-workers
really was no hard part of the job
most enjoyable part of work seeing the customer reviews
Great Location
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 22, 2015
Pros: Team work
Cons: Long days on month end
A typical day consited of data entering of all work, setting up vendors or making corrections. It was a great environment and plus we worked as a team.
Great Job
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 27, 2015
Great Job just boring, very hard to change schedule which led to my departure. 2 months to change. overall good job good job good job
Very productive call center
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed coming into work and sitting at my cubicle. The customers were always pleasant and the reviews done by supervisors were very insightful and constructive.
Very boring work with bad pay
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 13, 2015
Everyday is the same thing, come in and sit at your cubicle for 8 hours, you are not allowed to speak with other people and the coworkers are kind of rude and not at all social
Great Place to Work
Captioning Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2015
CapTel is a great place to work. The environment and staff are great. I would tell anyone that CapTel is a perfect place to work.
decent compensation
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), madison wiMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company my only issue is there is not alot of concentration or focus required for the position.
very productive, too serious of a workplace
captioning assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: helpful and supporting staff
Cons: short breaks, impossible to balnce work and life
I learned a lot about the company and I enjoyed working there but personally for me the distance and pay was not worth it. There are great opportunities to up your pay but very difficult standards to earn it. The work schedule is horrible to balance your life with so if you have a social life its probably not recommended.
Industry