CapTel

CapTel Employee Reviews

Great Job
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 27, 2015
Great Job just boring, very hard to change schedule which led to my departure. 2 months to change. overall good job good job good job
Very productive call center
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed coming into work and sitting at my cubicle. The customers were always pleasant and the reviews done by supervisors were very insightful and constructive.
Very boring work with bad pay
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 13, 2015
Everyday is the same thing, come in and sit at your cubicle for 8 hours, you are not allowed to speak with other people and the coworkers are kind of rude and not at all social
Great Place to Work
Captioning Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2015
CapTel is a great place to work. The environment and staff are great. I would tell anyone that CapTel is a perfect place to work.
decent compensation
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), madison wiMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company my only issue is there is not alot of concentration or focus required for the position.
very productive, too serious of a workplace
captioning assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: helpful and supporting staff
Cons: short breaks, impossible to balnce work and life
I learned a lot about the company and I enjoyed working there but personally for me the distance and pay was not worth it. There are great opportunities to up your pay but very difficult standards to earn it. The work schedule is horrible to balance your life with so if you have a social life its probably not recommended.
Customer Service/Call Center
Telephone Captioning Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: indirect customer service
Handled calls for hard of hearing clients. Call Center Environment. Helped Hard of hearing. Indirect Customer Service.
ok work place
captionist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2015
the environment was fun, hower=ver they do not understand that life happens and that people get sick and have family emergencies.
Just a job
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaMarch 9, 2015
CapTel is a good job for a first timer. working for them will give you the skills you need in order to move on to a better job. Definitely not somewhere for that much advancement.
Boring
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2015
Pros: raises, flexiable schedule
Cons: no excitment
This job is okay if you can stay wake. Pay can be raise quite often though. Very flexible schedule.. You have monitored calls on a daily basis. DB
Awesome
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: caters dinners every month
Cons: the timings we took everyday
Everyday we will sign in and select a computer. Then we will grab our headsets, folders, and water bottles so we can have while at our computers. Everyday we caption calls for the deaf and hard of hearing clients that have the unique CapTel phone. Also, everyday we took timings to see our proficiency in pronouncing the words to a system called dragon.
Challenging, however interesting workplace.
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: challenging, friendly management, desks that adjusted from sitting to standing position
Cons: unprofessional coworkers, compensation
Each day I provided closed captioning for hearing impaired customers on their telephone calls. This involved a range of captioning techniques that allowed a rate of 150+ WPM. In this position I improved my typing speed and learned to rapidly identify and differentiate different speaking voices. Management was very friendly and accessible to employees. My coworkers were mostly college students who did not seem to take the job seriously. Luckily, there was no collaboration or teamwork involved at this job. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with fast speakers or those with a heavy accent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of being able to keep up with the aforementioned speakers.
great environment with flexible hours
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), milwaukeeNovember 18, 2014
Pros: guaranteed raise every 6 months, pretty easy workflow
Cons: quick to let someone go, and scheduling can be a hassle
pretty easy-going, yet fast paced environment. management down to earth, friendly co-workers
hardest part was captioning extremely fast-paced calls, easiest part was the position itself.
Communications
Captions' Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
Would not recommend this job
good hours
but not a flexible life with hours
no compassion for employees
Sitting, sitting, and more sitting
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: boring
At first, it was a very easy job. But there was no social aspect to get to know coworkers. It consisted of sitting in a cube, listening to peoples conversations, and repeating them all day. It became very sedentary and i developed some back and leg issues from sitting.
Worked well with school schedule
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 15, 2014
On a typical day, we would take calls from clients who needed assistance making phone calls either because they were deaf, hard of hearing or speech disabled. You had a set schedule for work and could easily get time off if requested and had benefit time to cover.

A very repetitive job
A different experience
CAPTIONING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), milwaukee, wisconsinSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at Captel consisted of being in a cubicle and captioning calls for deaf or hard of hearing clients. There was very little interaction between co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was finding joy or happiness while working there. The most enjoyable part was knowing that our company was providing ways for disabled clients to communicate with their families and friends.
Relaxed work environemnt
Captioning Asst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WisconsinSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible, rewards us for job well done
Cons: pay
My current job doesn't require much of us and can get pretty repetitive after a while. It doesn't require much activity. I've learned the importance of being on time and coming to work everyday.
Caption Specialist
CAPTION SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2014
The long fast talking calls. Some calls last up to 2 hours sometimes more and it really tires you out.
Quiet environment w/flexible hours. Ideal for students.
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: often have downtime to read or do homework
Cons: short breaks, can be monotonous
The paid training is interesting, fun, but somewhat difficult. When the instructors feel you're prepared for the job, you'll move out of training. The hours are very flexible and a lot of the supervisors are a
more than willing to offer advice or answer questions. Some days may be busier than others, but between calls you're allowed to do homework, read; pretty much anything that won't disturb the environment or distract you from a call. The job is pretty enjoyable, especially if you look forward to downtime and enjoy having room for advancement.

1 2 3 4

About CapTel

CapTel is one of the leading nationwide providers of captioning support for people with hearing loss. CapTel allows individuals – Read more

CapTel Salaries