CaptiveAire Systems Employee Reviews

okay
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 22, 2017
The company was overall a great experience, they have a morning shift and a swing shift. Swing you're primarily working alone. Mathematics is helpful while working in layout.
Productive Warehouse
Ventilation Assembler (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCOctober 28, 2017
CaptiveAire Systems was a great job. I absolutely enjoyed working there. Great hours; 6am-2:30pm. The management was very respectable and everyone seemed to get along.
Good Job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 11, 2017
Typically you will only work for 8 hours although there are times when you could work from 10 to 12 hours in a day. The work day is determined by the amount of orders for the day and how quickly you can get them done. My supervisor was great and upper management had its moments. There is a very typical feel to the job in the sense that there are definitely favorites. Some of the things they get away with make you scratch your head! However if you can get past that, it's a super easy job. I loved most of the people I worked with and had I not relocated I would still be there today!!! Vacation time was earned. The first few years you would earn 8 hours of vacation for each month worked. One of the things that was not so positive was the fact that you generally did not know or get advanced notices of when you were going to have to work more than the 8 hour shift. The company would bring in free lunch from different restaurants around town, once a month.
Pros
Management, Coworkers, pay
Cons
Schedules, from time to time management
Great Place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 12, 2017
A typical day consist of early start to a job site and troubleshooting equipment or commissioning equipment. You learn so much so fast but become expert. The management and support team are awesome and are always there to help and support you. The whole company takes care of their people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with small spaces that you cannot control but have to get to. The most enjoyable part is making your own schedule!! Great place and wouldn't change it!
Pros
Make your own schedule, flexibility for family
Cons
Tight spaces to work
A great place to work and the work was rewarding
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
I recently was terminated with no explanation whatsoever. I drove 1 hr. and 15 minutes to work from home and was always the first to arrive. After 4 months working at CaptiveAire, I was terminated with no explanation with 2 weeks of pay as severance. My work output was more than my peer, who started at the same time that I did. Just very unfortunate. No writeups or anything. Pretty cutthroat.
Pros
Work is not difficult
Cons
Lunch breaks are considered: bring your lunch and eat within 15 mintues, then back to work. 10 hr. days is expected with 15 min. lunch break.
Horrible management
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCAugust 2, 2017
Production manager at the NC plant is a horrible manager. If he feels that he could lose his job to you than you are fired. The east coast manager that is usually at the youngsville plant believes his lies. They put all the burden on you and then toss you out the door unless you are a very select few. It use to be a great place to work that paid awesome. Now they show anyone that makes decent the door.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Management management management
Fun. Nice
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJuly 27, 2017
Had a great time working here. All the employees were very friendly. I had a big role in the production of the parts being made. Glad I was able to work here.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Short breaks.
Fast Paced Environment
Assembly/Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCJune 8, 2017
Steady work week, always something to do. If you like a comfortable working environment, this is not the place for you. Can be a hazardous environment. Must always wear PPE. Very strict on safety. Regular drug test-if you do drugs, don't bother applying. Must always be on time, tardiness is not acceptable.
Pros
Guaranteed work/pay
Cons
Very physically demanding job
Decent place to work, keep low expectations.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKApril 3, 2017
Weren't giving raises for years on questionable motives. Had decent benefits years ago. High turn around so your just a number here. Harsh work environment.
Cons
high turn around.
Terrible company to work for
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 21, 2017
No help or support in the field

Unsafe working conditions

No organization

Salary position with no over time

If you like working long hours out in the field, driving all over the place aimlessly with no home life this job is for you.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Absolutley Unsafe working conditions
Line Production
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJanuary 18, 2017
The Company is amazing they have many different opportunities within the company in multiple departments. Great work environment/ work areas. Very Safe work environment and crew. Great managers within the company and compensation within such as safety lunches with gift give aways.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
shady crew members within departments. Fire people without getting the full story
Great place to work and learn
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCDecember 30, 2016
Plant management takes a hands on approach to day to day life on the production floor at Captiveaire Systems. Each member of the team has the opportunity to contribute greatly to the well-being of the plant as well as the company at large. I never felt like just a number at Captiveaire Systems, I was a part of a large family there. I received holiday and birthday cards as well as recognition for having stood by the company for a years time or more from the president of the company. It was really nice to have been remembered specifically by our corporate leadership.
The three highest priorities, in order, are safety, quality, and production. At Captiveaire, we never send anything out the door that we aren't proud of and wouldn't spend our own money on. Every unit is inspected ad nauseam and tested to meet or exceed industry standards and regulatory requirements for fire suppression and air exchange/filtration capabilities.
Pros
Montlhy lunches, recognition of excellence/tenure, quality expectation, profit based bonuses, generous compensatin and pay raises
Cons
I wanted a better health plan
Overall a okay company
Technical Drafter/Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2016
Small but good place to work. Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Only worked here for a short time but enjoyed the fast pace during the busy times and the great co-workers.
Good private company to work for
Engineer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2016
Good company, average benefits. demanding workplace. Company is growing fast, good bonus structure. Modern workplace.
Pros
One free lunch per week
Productive company with great benefits
pollution control unit assembly (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 3, 2016
set schedule, opportunity for overtime, monthly benefits, opportunity for raises/promotion.
i learned; welding, plasma cutting, multiple power tools.
managers are helpful and do their best to help out.
co-workers are excellent and have great attendance.
hardest part of the job, it is a very physical and fast pace job.
the benefits the company offer is the best part of the job/career.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Sucky place to work!!!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCJanuary 13, 2016
They love hiring family members and putting them in leadership roles they are not qualified for and they just pacifi all problems you asks or tell management about.
Cons
healthcare you have to wait 9 months to use after starting, hiring bad people for wrong jobs
Work as a single team member covering Oregon and Vancouver territory
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  PortlandOctober 14, 2015
Enjoy ownership of work.
Difficult to work alone without assistance.
Little to no communication with upper management.
Poor feedback on work performance as well as overall performance.
Pros
Complete ownership of buisness
Cons
Unsafe working conditions
good place to work.
office (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 6, 2015
Great CFO, learn a lot from him. Explains everything throughly. They do need to have managment training classes. Lunch provided once a week. Workload is heavy. Co-workers are nice.
Pros
Workable schdule, allows you to do your job, great CFO
Cons
lacking management experience, lacking management training
a fast pace work place
assembler, programmer/ inventory manager (Current Employee) –  Groveland floridaOctober 27, 2014
I assemble and program electrical control panels for ventilation systems per electrical schematics. Its fun and hard at the same time. I get along with most of my co-workers. Management is young but they try.
fun place to work
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 2, 2014
good hours benifits and co-workers fast paced work lots of incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CaptiveAire Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9