CAR WASH Employee Reviews

So Much Work, Not Much Pay
Managing Customer Service/ Washer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2016
I liked the job at the beginning. I love to clean, so cleaning cars seemed like a fun job for me. The customers were cool people with livings who I found my self fond to speak to. In the worst case; I found out I would not be receiving a pay check, so the money would be a little under the table. Some coworker were cool; some loved to yell at you and tell you how to do your job when you were able to catch them making the mistake or worst. In conclusion the experience could have been better, I just wish I could have at least received one-hundred dollars per week for all the time I have provided.
Pros
Washing, meeting customers, spotting nice cars
Cons
coworkers, low pay, multi tasks
Typical day
Dream Big Car Wash (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 21, 2016
A Typical day at work is hard working, enjoyable, and friendly environment. Everyone is on a fast pace, as a car comes in I greet the customer and ask what will they like to receive today. Working there I learned how hard you have to work and motivating yourself because it can get hard. The management is fun and loving but about there business. The hardest part was keeping up with the pact after working all day as more cars come in but they get done in a well manner time with great care. The most enjoyable part was helping and getting a chance to meet the customers and growing to open up to strangers.
Wonderful environment with great people
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMarch 15, 2017
Very rewarding job with detail on the hard work and keen eye throughout the day. Emphasis on cleanliness and motivation throughout the workday. Being kind and courteous to the clients/customers were key each and every day.
fun atmosphere
Coach Wash (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Typical day of working at the boutique was fun because I got to work with clothes and with different people, It was a challenge when there was only me working and there was a bunch of customers, but I handled it just fine.
Pros
customers
Cons
not good pay.
Was a good company to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 30, 2017
Managing this wash and detail center was a rewarding and challenging experience. I was responsible for all human resource duties as well.
Pros
largest car wash in all of Tucson.
Cons
Long drive from home.
working with chemicals and soap
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 5, 2017
Working at the car wash taught me how to work with people. All the employees got along , we all worked as a team to get the job done.
Pros
everyone got along
Cons
when its alot of cars we get no break
Every meeting day we share diner
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2016
This was a project company. As part of our course, every day had a new performance. We were all the time exciting for the innovation that makes each day different from the previous. Good understanding between co-workers.
great
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 18, 2017
it was a good place to work. people there were so nice and helpful.every moring we would have coffee before work.it was good to see people happy when were finished working on the car.
To be able to wash cars properly and be respectful to customers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 24, 2016
I enjoyed working here, washing, vacuuming, and waxing/detailing cars. Some customers were picky on how you cleaned their vehicles, but it wasn't bad for me because I was very detailed oriented and careful.
Pros
Being able to see many types of vehicles.
Cons
none.
Productive and Busy place to work
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAAugust 16, 2016
My experience in running my own business has taught me the value
s of Customer Service and understanding people. Due to inconsistent business and lack of stable income is why I am pursing other career options.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Inconsistent business

Want to know more about CAR WASH?

Ask a question
A good part time job
Staff (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJJanuary 16, 2017
The car wash was a good job for me when I was younger and wanted money under the table. It is very stressful when it gets hot.
Fun place I liked the hours
Clean getaway (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I like the way they treated me and i like working early in the morning and leaving midday. I also loved the weekly pay checks and daily tips as well..
Pros
The hours they gave me
Cons
Short breaks and fast paced
Very hard work.
Self employed car wash business (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 2, 2016
Being a self-employed car washer requires discipline and dedication. The job is what an individual makes of it. It also can be fun.
Pros
own boss
Cons
It was an internship...more of less. But it was a fun experience just by being able to be with my friends and be productive.
Tutor, Maya Angelou Public Charter School (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2016
We cleaned cars, bikes, and trucks.
It was a nice relaxing internship, we were able to work together as teams and produce a chemistry that you usually aren't able to produce during an internship.
Fast paced and fun
Account Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2016
I've managed many of our local car washes. This involves employee management as well as excellent customer service.
I provide mechanical services during breakdowns and/or technical advise for service personnel.
The most difficult part of the job is lack of challenge and the quietness of slow or rainy days. The most enjoyable part is the challenges of very busy days and dealing with an eager workforce and satisfied customers.
Awesome first job
consisted of customer care (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2016
Work hard, quick and easy to learn and follow up.
How to work in a Car Wash
Management was very friendly, easy to get along with
Co workers also easy to get along with
The hardest part was being in the sun all day
Fun place to work for with good people.
Opening Attendant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 10, 2016
The people and the customers are world class. The work there can be demanding but very rewarding. I had some good times there and learned a lot about customer service.
Pros
Fun and fast paced
Cons
Exposed to the elements cold and wet in the winter.
nice
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 17, 2016
it was a nice experience I earned people skills and job skills essential for the future. I enjoyed my time here. I made good connections and valuable ties. I would come back to work here in the future.
Pros
good pay
Cons
none i can name
good money when business was good, tough getting hours otherwise
Detail Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2016
i enjoyed working with Car Wash Company, the money and hours were great when the business was good. However when business was slow, it was slow often, the hours were non existant.
it was productive and kept me motivated
non profit (Former Employee) –  Gary, INNovember 6, 2015
i learned how to finally earn my money by doing a good job at work. the management was cool.they always kept the days going by just being themselves (co-workers also). the hardest part of the job was when it got packed, that was about it . i enjoyed every part of that experience...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAR WASH. Our community is ready to answer.