CarFinance Capital is hiring! We have an immediate opening for a Sr Risk Analyst in our Irvine, CA office. Successful candidates must have at least 3-5 years of current auto finance experience. If you are interested in applying and believe you meet all the qualifications, please submit your resume.
About CarFinance Capital LLC
CarFinance Capital LLC is a fresh new company focused on partnering with franchise auto dealers to provide credit to non-prime consumers. Dedicated to premium service for its customers, CarFinance offers one-on-one support, consistent, predictable credit decisions, fast funding, multiple lending options, and deal-structuring flexibility to help auto dealers meet the needs of today’s non-prime car buyer. Headquartered in Irvine, California, we’re proud to have financed over 22,000 customers in just over 18 months, and we approve new customers every day. Regardless of a less-than-perfect credit score, our main goal is to help people to find the right auto/truck loan.
Sr Risk Analyst
Position Responsibilities: Develop and validate statistical models which are utilized in all stages of automotive lending. Perform statistical testing and review monthly for Fair Lending adherence to policy. Complete portfolio forecasting, champion challenger testing, solving optimization problems, and analysis of third party scores/data sources. Specific modeling techniques that will be utilized include logistic regression, ordinary least squares regression, ANOVA/ANCOVA modeling, generalized linear mixed models, univariate/bivariate analysis, segmentation/cluster analysis, time series forecasting (panel methods, ARIMA methods and other autoregressive techniques), and survival analysis.
Major Job Duties: Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Determine appropriate statistical technique(s) to suit the project/analysis objective.
- Combining data from various sources into cohesive set for analysis.
- Performing other ad-hoc/periodic quantitative analytical tasks as requested, champion/challenger analysis, comparative testing, what if analysis, etc.
- Developing processes to solve optimization problems such as maximizing internal response and capture rates.
- Participating/leading model development efforts from start to finish. Tasks may include:
Defining performance/observation windows.
Adequacy tests for event and sample size.
Defining In-Time, Hold-Out, and validation samples.
Defining the appropriate statistical model to apply.
o Model Estimation
Selecting optimal set of candidate variables.
Estimation and interpretation regression coefficients.
o Model Validation
Demonstrating model performance across development and hold-out samples.
Ensuring model assumptions are met.
o Model Presentation/Documentation
Interpreting results with focus on business implications resulting from model implementation.
Developing implementation strategies and simulating impact of recommended strategies.
Developing implementation specification instructions.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience developing statistical models and applying statistical techniques.
- Strong analytical, quantitative problem solving skills.
- Experience analyzing large and complex data structures.
- SAS Experience – both model building and other analytical projects.
- SQL Server Experience.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities are required to perform multiple of concurrent tasks.
- Strong, highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, with a working knowledge in Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Highly detail oriented with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within teams, build partnerships, manage multi-tasking and ambiguous situations.
- Highly self-motivated and direct with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Previous experience in auto finance industry.
Receives specific direction from Manager for new tasks and general direction for ongoing tasks.
This position does not manage other staff.
Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, and economics or other quantitative discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
None required for this position.
Work is performed in a traditional office environment with extensive sitting, computer use and filing; may involve bending, stooping and reaching. Must be able to lift, carry or move up to 25 pounds. Noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this job.
Applicants only, no recruiters please. There is no sponsorship or relocation budgeted for this position.
To see all positions available, visit the Careers section of our website.