Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories

Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories Employer Reviews

caraco USA
detroit USA (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great place to learn and work
Cons: a little less organized
A typical day at work would be stimulating disciplined and challenging.

How to comply with strict FDA norms and to work in a cGMP environment.

Management was supportive

Co- workers were enabling and supportive

Hardest part facing the onslaught of the USDFA inspectors day in and day out.

Preparing for inspections.

Most enjoyable the hardship brought – more... about an area of change and bonding between teammates. – less
Very good work place for new hires
Manufacturing Sr. Supervisor (Current Employee), Detroit, MiJune 21, 2013
Pros: support of managment
Cons: no
Is one of the best work place for me as i started my carrier here.
Horrible Hours
Material Handler (Former Employee), Wixom, MIApril 18, 2013
Pros: clean, benefits
Cons: work hours, compensation
The pay rate for a material handler seems to be in line with what warehouse associates earn in Michigan, but anything dealing in the pharmaceutical industry should pay more.

The benefits package is great, low costs health care, free life insurance, etc.. but those things are more appealing to salary employees.

The hours suck. Period. There is a huge – more... turn around and I mean huge. After I left, more than 50% of the material handlers quit or were fired within 3 months. With people leaving almost every other week, it creates more work for everyone, subjecting you to mandatory overtime, which in turn...makes more people quit. It's a crazy cycle that you think upper management would have picked up on by now.

Management was cool, but there turn around is high as well. I never had a problem with my supervisors while I was there and some seemed to be sympathetic to our issues as lower-level employees but they don't set the wages.

There is job security if you do what you're supposed to do, but most of us who can find something better, usually do...and leave before 6 months. – less
Never Again
Material Handler (Current Employee), Wixom, MIMarch 5, 2013
Never again wasnt a good place to work never have time to perform basic functions in life
It wasnt a bad job
Inspector and Packer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 27, 2013
It wasn't a bad job at all. We were simply underpaid. We only made $9 in a Pharmaceutical lab for crying out loud.
Caraco was a good learning experience
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 3, 2012
Pros: healthcare was free.
Caraco was my first stepping stone out of college. I learned the real application of Accounting at Caraco. I had a really wonderful mentor and Manager who helped me grow professionally from an accounts payable clerk to an account manager.
Enjoyable place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Wixom, MINovember 30, 2012
Pros: good job, good people
Cons: hours
this company has a great benefits package. The hours are long and the pay is somewhat low but all in all not a bad company to work for.

February 9, 2013

the pay is very low for the work being perform. The reason why the benefits are some what low is because they have a very low pay scale when you compare them with other pharmaceutical companies. The jr. supervisor position that is posted is a salary position the requires 55-65 hours a week without additional compenstion. The turnover for this company is extremely high for all salary position and hourly. Not a good company to work for at all. Be very careful when you apply for job there.....

could be better
Section Leader (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 29, 2012
would be ideal work place if there were room for advancement, excellent health benefits,
Caraco is a very fast paced work place.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2012
My typical day consisted of monitoring the accounts payable and receivable functions. I learned to efficiently place my education from University of Michigan into practice at Caraco. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning different aspects of accounting in a work setting
good place to work
nice environment
ok for compensation
Packaging , Line leader
Packaging and Line Leader. (Former Employee), FarmingtonFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: one 30min. lunch and two 15min. breaks. ok
Cons: healthcare is very good at carco.
I like working at Caraco. Management is ok. Caraco closed the Farmington workplace and didnot call back all the worker that worked as line learders back to work at the new caraco.To whom it may concern. I am very interested to discuss possible opportunities with in Caraco. I think my background and experiences enable me to quickly adapt and help any – more... corporation. I would say Caraco trained me good. growth and advancement is good at Caraco. – less