Carat Employee Reviews

management and HR are not professional
accounting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
The work load is capable of handling but the Management isn't good. If they don't like you it doesn't matter if you do your job right you will be in for a long run. I like the company as a whole its laid back but some departments are better than others.
Okay place to explore media buying and planning
Assistant, Local Media Activation (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2017
I would say this is overall an okay company to begin with if you're looking to start a career in media buying and planning or to explore other avenues. I think the training process needs a lot of work--- trainers should be more organized when it comes to teaching new hires their day-to-day tasks.
Pros
Office Gatherings
Cons
Compensation
Fun work place - if you ever have the time to take a break
Assistant Digital Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
Awesome place to get experience, to learn quickly, and to develop relationships with media partners. Make sure you are ready to work 50hr weeks with little reward.
Pros
Work very closely with your team
Cons
No work life balance
Great for newbies, not for seasoned emlpoyees
Data and Analytics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 22, 2017
You'll learn all about working at an agency within months if you are new to the business. But for seasoned/experienced contenders, the benefits don't outweigh the negatives.
Supervisor, Local Media Activation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
Work life balance at Carat is not good. Poor management structure.
Not friendly environment. Not enough staffing per department. Not enough time to take advantage of classes to enhance your career.
Cons
no god work life balance
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 27, 2017
Management is in need of training. Company is growing very fast and is not taking the time to establish procedures. They are more reactive than proactive. There is no advancement.
Great Place
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR COMMS PLANNING (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
Teams and clients were fantastic. However, my team was isolated from the rest of the agency due to advertiser conflicts. Nice people and very flexible.
Bad experience at a great company
Assistant, National Video Activation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
too many hours for not enough pay but that is across the entire industry.
This might be unique to my experience, but my manager was unprofessional and inexperienced at managing people.
Some people are doing really great work here and it's the best place to work in this industry. The people just were not for me. Lots of free lunches and snacks.
Great and inspiring place to work
Media Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 5, 2017
- Researching potential media opportunities.
- Reviewing to research potential opportunities.
- Find hidden insights on what actually worked and what didn't
- Allocating proper tracking for accuracy of media spend
- Understand client and planners ideal campaign and provide insights
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
No work life balance
Assistant Buyer
Assistant Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2017
limited opportunity for advancement. qwork place quality is open space no privacy. older crowd in the office. you do get to go out to events often which is fun
A great stepping stone IF you're on the right team
Operations (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 2, 2017
Great, youthful culture with a ton of industry perks (free event tickets, beer cart Thursdays). The people are fantastic, BUT, advancement is hard to come by if you aren't on certain teams i.e. media planning. High turnover is common for the industry, but especially so for junior level employees looking for raises and personal growth. It's a fine company to spend a year or two at to gain experience.
Pros
Great perks and youthful culture
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities for non-planners
Energetic company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
Carat is a fun, energetic media who aims to provide clients with innovative ways to reach audiences on a programmatic and digital platform.
Assistant Media Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Carat was a great place to learn valuable knowledge the ins and outs of the digital landscape while working on large accounts
Fine
Assistant Local Media Activation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
This position is good for someone looking to be in the account side of advertising. Ultimately I found that this position was not a very good fit for me and I chose to move on, searching for a role that would provide more growth opportunity.
Fun working environmnet
Junior Broadcast Buyer/ Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
This was the best place to work!!!. i absolutely loved our people and friends. There was always fun things going on in the office everyday. I made some great friends.
Pros
people
Cons
salary
creative workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  140 E. 42nd StreetJune 15, 2016
good workplace, good leadership all around. room for growth. alot of work to be done. great teams. previewing and approving 200+ invoices, talking to clients, and meeting deadlines and goals. all possible with a positive team and enviroment .
Pros
no micro managers
Cons
very little pay
Productive and Fun Workplace
HR Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed my career at Carat, and hate that I left. Overall, there was not much to complain about and I felt as though my manager had my best interest! :)
Pros
Food all of the time!
Cons
Not to many cons!
Provided an acceptable work environment.
Media Biller (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 28, 2016
Being completely new to the media culture, Carat, USA provided adequate training and offered an acceptable work experience. Management was consistently available for guidance and support. My co-workers were a special group of people. They were sincere and compassionate and we all worked very hard as a team to complete our various tasks and responsibilities.The hardest part of the job was the volume. We were constantly given daily tasks as well as various projects to be completed as individuals and as a team member. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers. All of our personalities blended together in a very special way.
Pros
Learning a new line of business and finding that the work was educational.
Cons
The office space was inadequate. Our working space was very cramped.
Good Company
Assistant Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2015
Overall good experience
Learn a lot of good technical skills
Get to work with large clients
Global organization
Good training and benefits
Great Place to work but horrible pay
Network Media Buyer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work, good people and good way to learn about media and how to negotiate media
Need to get out or go to a different agency in order to increase your salary otherwise you'll get stale
opportunities to get promoted within are limited because there are 100 media buying assistants, 50 media buyers and then 5 supervisors, and with everyone trying to get promoted it becomes the people who wait it out the longest who get promoted and not necessarily the ones who put forth the most effort
Pros
great work environment and great benefits package
Cons
HORRIBLE salary and limited room for growth within