CARBO Ceramics Employee Reviews in United States

Safe work environment & innovative
Multicraft Maintenance/Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 1, 2016
Always striving to be the global leader in ceramic proppants, providing a safe work environment with a 13 year no lost time record, developing new products and processes to obtain new patents in order to create job security, always challenging and exciting.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
Dependant on oil prices as Carbo sells to the fracking and workover companies
Very productive and safety oriented facility
Operator in Charge (Current Employee) –  Toomsboro, GAApril 19, 2016
Gained so much experience. Never dreaded to come to work. Benefits were excellent before obamacare. Pay was great. Management were easy to deal with, coworkers were family.
great company to work for
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 13, 2016
Carbo Ceramics is and has been a great company to work for. due to oilfield and gas and oil prices. they choosing to shut the company down.
Pros
awesome company
Cons
very flexible with breaks
Great company
Multi-Craft Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Millen, GAMarch 24, 2016
Great very good company,safe place to work, safety minded with very good leadership with the best employees,good benifits
made prophets for oil industries
multicraft maintenance (Current Employee) –  Eufaula, ALMarch 9, 2016
worked on machines and did routine maintenance, changed motors, plc's, electrical, mechanical, drives, welding, bearings. etc
Good company with strong ethics.
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Toomsboro, GAMarch 9, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Carbo Ceramics. They have a very strong teamwork attitude and are very safety conscious. Carbo hires people with multi tasking skills and leadership qualities.
I enjoy my job
Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  McIntyre, GAFebruary 23, 2016
I wish the oil industry would rebound! This has been one the best jobs I ever worked. I have met some great people here. Its sad to see the job loss in the US oil fields.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Soley dependent on the oil industry
Excellent Family work environment
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Millen, GAFebruary 19, 2016
Typical day at work consists of communication with direct reports on Safety, Quality and Production needs. Safety is the number one goal. I have learned that in order to have a safe work environment you have to train your personnel constantly on safe work habits. Utilize all plant personnel to make process improvements that allows us to mass produce a quality product in a safe manner to provide to our customers.
Decent pay but horrible management
QC Technician (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJanuary 17, 2016
Job was too scattered in it's responsibilities. Management often made bad hiring decisions that led to an over-abundance of employees and many layoffs.
Great Place to work
Oil Field Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJanuary 2, 2016
This is by far the best job I ever had. It didn't feel like I was going to work because I completely enjoyed what I was doing. I wish the changes they made wouldn't have affected me so much, but hey that's life I guess.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Schedule
Awesome place to work with good benefits and pay, also great work family.
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Millen, GAOctober 23, 2015
A average day at Carbo Ceramics has a very laid back atmosphere, while still being productive. During a typical day at work I complete numerous tests in the lab to ensure that our product meets our expectations. I have learned a lot about industrial operation methods while working for Carbo. My co- workers are for the most part very well rounded individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job is working hard everyday to learn something new that could build my knowledge.
Pros
Cons
n/a
good all around
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Toomsboro, GASeptember 23, 2015
good money, benefits, safe environment, safety and production bonuses, high quality coworkers , management seemed to care about employees
Cons
swing shift
over all good company to work for
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxAugust 25, 2015
family friendly work schedule, great benefits, profit sharing, and cross training for any position on the plant. wonderful learning experience with plenty of opportunities to better your self within the company
Pros
unbeatable benefits, great upper management and HR department
Cons
costumer base is limited the plant is outdated and needs a lot of repairs
Organized and safety-minded Multicraft Maintenance Specialist
Multicraft Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  McIntyre, GAMarch 29, 2015
Routine preventive maintenance.
Safety is the up-most importance
Great management team.
Working together as a team with highly skilled employees.
Walking up and down stairs.
Working with a positive group of people.
Great company to work for!
Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  McIntyre, GAMarch 22, 2015
The moral was always high, co-workers were always there if you needed help. Managers went above and beyond the duties to help you if you needed.
benefits
Productive and wonderful place to work
Multi Craft Maintenance (Current Employee) –  McIntyre, GAMarch 18, 2015
Carbo is a great place to work very good benefits and great atmosphere . They make quality products a typical day for me at Carbo would consist of maintenance repairs and troubleshooting
Talented work force
Utility (Former Employee) –  Millen, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Carbo had a the most talented labor force I had every been a part of. Everyone was driven and motivated. Carbo provided a safe and efficient work environment to work in. Gained a lot of experience operating heavy equipment and working with rail cars.
Pros
great insurance and compensation
Cons
viability of the company, only made one product.
Safe an productive work places.
Utility operator (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 4, 2014
A typical day at work consist of a full walk through of the plant. Making sure everything is in the proper running order an will run safe throughout the day. Next I have to start all of the equipment, once I have verified that everything is rung safely the process starts.
Pros
great hourly pay.
Cons
not enough hours
Utility Operator
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Toomsboro, GAJanuary 11, 2014
A typical work day would be , I arrive at work at 7 and receive turnover from previous shift ,check area, trouble shoot and fix any issues,change hoppers, re-screen material, clean transitions, help co workers if issues arise in there area of work, give turn over at the end of day. Went home at 7.
Shift Supervisor would be management that I have the most contact with.My shift supervisor manages our shift very well. Everything is usually very smooth.Higher Management is a bit of a challenge when asking for help or information from upper management .
The most enjoyable part of the day would be working with my coworker's. They are easy to work with, everyone enjoys there job and are willing to help anyone with a issue. There is not anything that i consider to be to complicated.
I personally believe that i can handle anything that presents itself.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Revolving Door
former employee (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 28, 2013
Falcon Technologies - revolving door of leadership make for unstable environment. Excellent pay / benefits ... great products and services yet lack an understanding of what the market wants needs
Pros
health care
Cons
leadership du jour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARBO Ceramics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2