Carbone Auto Group Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Automotive sales /Automotive Collision Repair (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 26, 2017
Carbone is a great company to work for!! A typical day at work can be stressful but us employees are a family and we work together to get the daily tasks done.
its not a good fit for me
Vehicle Administrator (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, NYMay 18, 2017
They are very nice at first. Then, you are expected to do things that are not possible. The pay is poor compared to jobs doing the same thing at other dealerships. Management is EXTREMELY poor.
Friendly, Fun Business
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYMay 8, 2017
Long hours but the time went by quickly. Very involved in the community. Loved working with the Customers and co-workers. Wouldn't have left but we relocated to Florida to be near family.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Back to basics .
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Environment was focused on employee and service to customer. Now numbers only. Over staffed and management is unfocused and not prioritizing. Very sloppy and lack attention to details.
Pros
Good picnic
Cons
Over staffed. Non attentive managers
Productibe days
Upgrade Sales Cinsultant (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, NYJuly 5, 2016
Great management overall, who will go the extra mile to help you with what ever you may need to help you succeed. Will work with you as far as hours are concerned to take care of personal business. Last but not least great componsation with amazing bonuses
Pros
amazing atmosphere
Horrible Company to work for
Parts Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYJune 9, 2016
The management is not allowed to mange, they are told how to do there job on a daily basis. Someone needs to clean house of the upper vp's
fun work environment
Indoor Sale Register Table Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYNovember 30, 2015
would recommend this company or position to anyone who's looking for part time work or temporary work. its not a bad company to work for
jkla;jdfhlwe
Finance & Insurance Manager (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYSeptember 25, 2015
it was an ok place to work people were funny, money was ok, didn't have the best experience. not the best job and the hours were not very good
Pros
asdfjskljew
Cons
fsdadjkljaw;heior
Family owned business with great track record
Certified Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJune 19, 2015
Carbone Auto Group is one of the largest family owned car dealerships in upstate New York. I worked at the Subaru branch and was very happy with the company all around.

From the beginning they offered training that was done by a professional within he group that has run stores for the Carbone family for years as well as owned his own business. The training was phenomenal!

Environment: One thing I look at when working for a company is team work. I am a big believer in that saying, "There is no I in Team."
And we had that here, between all the sales people and the managers for the most part we worked together whether it be snow removal or paperwork.

I worked in the car industry for a while before I left Carbone and the only thing I really wasn't a fan of was how the pay worked. It was understandable that we are car salesman and sometimes we might not sell a car and end up in the draw, this is just how it is. I decided that I couldn't live my life or start a family with volatility like this so I had to move on.

All around Carbone was a great place to work for!
Pros
Organized, Family run business, Customer loyalty
Cons
The draw
Typical work day at Carbone Auto
Maintience,Custodial. (Former Employee) –  Bennington VTJune 4, 2015
A typical day started at 530 A.M. No to days were alike and I loved just keeping busy and at the end of the day it was satisfying just walking thru the shop and seeing how clean it was. The owns of the company would come in once a week and if they had any concerns they would speak with me however once I knew how they wanted things done they seemed happy as was I. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the waste oil burners, it needed to be done once a week so the heat and hot water would work. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co workers, and seeing the results day to day of my efforts.
Pros
Hard busy work, at the end of the day i knew i worked hard.
Cons
The pay was a little low, but i knew it would go up with alot of effort.
Very good workplace
Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 10, 2015
Great environment . Busy work days , everyone works hard , from management to all other employees . Would highly recommend this Company to anyone .
SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Overall good work environment
Good people to work with
Fair pay
Learned many customers know very little about their cars
Hardest part was getting some people to understand that not everything is cut and dry in automotive repair
Pros
Free training
Cons
Hot headed customers who know very little about cars
difficult
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 23, 2015
the job requrement can be very difficult especially if you are a car dealer. You need to be prepared to con people into buying a car. If you can not then it is not the job for you.
Good Company to work for
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 9, 2014
Taught how to sell cars. Interacted with customers. Closed sales with buyers. Delivered cars. Hardest part of the job was building clients being so new with 14 other salesmen
Very professional place to work
RECEPTIONIST/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYOctober 15, 2014
A typical day of work was answering phones and cashing out customers. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Great people to work for
good place
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, NYJune 10, 2013
The pay is great, the benefits are also very good. they provide a very fast paced and safe work environment.
Pros
Great bennifits
customer satisfaction 100%
Business Manager, Finance & Insurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYJune 9, 2013
the carbone auto group was a well oiled machined I strived everyday to make everyone happy from employees to customers!! worked with lenders obtaining financing for subprime to tier one customers. Sold intangible item eg. extended warranties undercoating and secure etch. assisted salespeople in closing deals on new and preowned automobiles.
Pros
clean proffesional work place . very well compensated financially
Cons
hours exceeding 70+ per week too little time for family
I would not work here if you have a choice
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 29, 2013
A typical day at work is very simple... You may or may not get lunch depending on what dealer ship you are working at. But lets not forget they will take lunch out of your check even if they don't give you one or not. And then for no reason what so ever one day they will tell you that you are not keeping up to there standards so they are going to let you go and when you ask them what standards they will tell you "Well we have many standards."
Pros
don't see any standards
Cons
no job security at all
management in service dept
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYJuly 8, 2012
told management several times about occuring problems they did nothing
long hours but inconsistant
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, NYMay 25, 2012
try to set appointments to get customers in that been working with and take fresh customers and try to make deals and sell them a car. keep up to date on new and used inventory. You learn to try to sell the customer the first time you get them in. The co-workers get along and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is to get through the long hours and nothing going on. The best part of the day is when it is busy and you are selling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carbone Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.