Carbonite Employee Reviews

Great call center
Computer Technician - Carbonite (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 19, 2017
This was a call center, took the job because I have IT background. Was very pleased with the environment. For a call center it was an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Social, Fun environment.
Cons
Low pay.
Fun place with video games and a great cafeteria.
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 8, 2017
It's your typical call center environment. Minutes and seconds count and you're held accountable for everything. There's not a very good work/life balance but as long as you're actually at work, they have plenty of video games, darts, pool table, bowling alley, etc... that you can use. They even serve beer at work occasionally. However, the turnover rate is pretty high because the management considers you a number and not a human being.
Pros
Lots of games to play
Cons
Management considers you a number, not a person.
Great work perks but sfressful environment
Consumer Agent (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 6, 2017
Extremely stressful work environment. Answer phone calls from consumers and help them to the fullis all while being timed, you need to be under a 12 minute call time. Management doesn't help work with you like other companies. If you are struggling in an area, they write you up. Their is no "let's see what we can do to help improve this area" or "what can I do to help"
The perks are fun, half days occasionally in the spring and summer for employee appreciation, a holiday get together at a really nice hotel with catered food.
The team of people are great. It is the management and stress of the job. Your job is too take care of the client, but if you help them out too much you get in trouble. If you don't do enough you get in trouble. QA records the calls and if you worded something wrong or forgot to say something you are put on corrective action. Regardless if the client is happy, you forgot something minor and corrective action. Stressful
Pros
Free lunch from time to time, beverage cart once a month (adult beverage if 21 and over, soda for anyone who wishes) benefits
Cons
Schedules (you can't pick it), management, environment
great starting job
Software Specialist / Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 5, 2017
Carbonite - evault. Manager was promoted and lacks management skills. The job can be fun, but there are days where its really stressful.

lots of room to grow.
Great technology
Pros
free meals on monday and friday, room to grow, benefits are good
Cons
micromanaging on everything
Call center experienced that gave back
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE 2 (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEApril 24, 2017
It was a typical cal center, but they go above and beyond to accommodate the employees. They make sure that they stay on top of trends and ensure that employees have all the tools they need.
Pros
Culture development
Cons
Internal knowledgebase is not concise enough
Amazing place to work!! Absolutely the best have encountered
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 29, 2017
The calls are great the service is great. This company truly takes care of its employees in every way possible. Great benefits and amazing supervisors. The environment is as good as it can be. You are well taken care of here.
Pros
Beer cart, amazing breakroom, video games, free food, amd mich more
Cons
None!!
Worst Job Ever
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 28, 2016
Management was terrible, training was laughable and promises were never kept. They have an extremely high turnover rate due to telling employees they will get benefits 3 months in, then take 6 additional months to give, harass employees that are good at their job because they look better then the team leads and refuse to help when their jobs require them to.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about them
Rich geek couture and culture with strong morale to succeed.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2016
It was a joy to meet so many co-workers and managers that would also become dear friends that to this day I am grateful for long after I've not been with the company.

Carbonite was very good to me and while I doubt I will find a more enjoyable environment that pays a similar wage, I will still proudly talk about Carbonite and the good times I had while I was there. In some ways they treated me like the 'unofficial Carbonite Mascot' and everyone was always happy to see me and I would be happy to see them. Especially my boss at the time who felt like a father to me.

I didn't just grow in terms of technical knowledge, but also thanks to the camaraderie I was able to grow more as a person thanks to the interpersonal relationships I made within the company.

The hardest part of my job, saying good bye.
Pros
free lunches, relaxed enviromnment, pleasent unexpected surprised for employees throughout the year.
fun workplace
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2016
great culture.
Executive team that is truly interested in improving the company.
Good salaries, with decent compensation/commissions.
Truly great benefits and additional perks.
Productive and fun.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2016
Typical day, starts with standup working on stories from current sprint (big Agile shop).

Picked up Chef for using in DevOps. Good co-workers.

Stressful releases but improving
Pros
Free snacks and Friday lunch
Cons
Can get boring
Awesome Training
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  MaineNovember 2, 2016
Let me just make this breif. I was hired, started training (4 weeks) then 4 days before my final exam I came down with bronchitis, I called Carbonite office to let them know I was going to be out for one day because my doctor advised no work and only rest. Whoever i spoke to on the "Call Out" line said I was okay to come in the next day as long as I had proper documentation stating I went to the hospital and is in fact what the doctor is advising. No Problem, I brought the note in the next morning only to hear I was fired because "I wouldnt be able to pass my exam with 3 days left of training and I missed one and there was no room for catch up"....... Never have I ever dealt with something like this.
Great to Start
Technical Customer Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 19, 2016
I won't go into too many details. The place was a fantastic place to work in the beginning of my career. I had fun, colleagues were (and still are) great people to be around, and management was fair.
It was not until later in my career when it seemed like the company's goals transitioned from employee/customer-based to self/customer based. It became a little bureaucratic... something I wish all corporations would stray from and something I had hoped Carbonite would not fall into.
That is my only complaint. Other than that, a good place to work.
Great place to work, for a call center
Tech Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 11, 2016
You don't have to be a geek to work there, but it helps. It's a fairly demanding position until you really get in the groove, and a bit underpaid in my estimation but the management is truly exceptional and very fair.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Real sticklers on attendance
Decent if not great
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2016
Decent company for a job,more communication would certainly be better. Overall, it is a good place to work. Friendly people. But Product management team lacks tech knowledge to be efficient.
Pros
snacks, lunch, benefits
Cons
Unlimited vacation may not be real.
Almost a home away from home
Technical Support Representative III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2016
Carbonite is a place, just like anywhere else, if you do what you do well, you will be rewarded justly.
A typical day for me consisted of keeping up with your queue, which consisted of the much more important step of insuring that your customers are satisfied. Co-workers are not only your friends but vital assets to your functioning as a unit.
Pros
Good area for eats
Cons
Terrible area for parking
OK to start your career at Carbonite
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 14, 2016
People are fun.
Work load is not too heavy.
Not very aggressive.
Good company culture.
The backup market doesn't have a bright future, hope leaders can get other good ideas.
Great for young people, not good for career advancement
Channel Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2016
Carbonite is in a transition period therefore it is hard to understand the direction of the company, there have been layoffs and people left are evaluating if they should stay or not.
Good Salary and benefits
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2016
Good Salary and benefits
Free snack and lunch on Friday
Open office environment
Good cultural environment
Need some management visibility
Laid off is normal culture. Most likely every starting of quarter
Not great
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 8, 2015
This job is not really what it seems. After a few months you can tell it is essentially minimal tech work with sales. Being chained to a desk 40 hours a week isn't great either.

Very little chance for raises or advancement, there is a long list of people waiting ahead of you.
Carbonite
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 2, 2015
Carbonite was an ok place to work. They had awesome benefits and a game room. If you like call center work and have a technology background then its a place to go work. Me on the other hand I found out real quick call center work isn't for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carbonite. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9