Carbonite

Carbonite Employer Reviews

Carbonite continues to go downhill
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEJune 29, 2014
Pros: consistent hours
Cons: too many to list
I worked at Carbonite for more than a year. I really liked it at first. It was challenging and most of the time the clients were very happy.

The management on the other hand is a different story. Things are always changing and rarely do they make any sense.

When I started there, there were many brilliant agents there. They took the job because there – more... isn't much in Maine for tech jobs.
Little by little they ran them out and now the bar is so low it is embarrassing.

Advancement isn't based on performance or knowledge. There are supervisors with no technical background and can't answer questions.

There is a class each and every week with new hires so that should say something...nobody sticks around long. – less
Great at first but then turned into sales.
Tier 2 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), LewistonOctober 3, 2013
Carbonite was a great place to work at first. They were very easy to work for and they treated their employees very well. After nearly 2 years of opening the call center they were going more towards a sales oriented center.
Great culture plagued by understaffing.
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEAugust 19, 2013
Pros: xbox in break room, easily accessible support.
Cons: very understaffed, lots of red tape.
It is great compared to my previous job at RadioShack, but the policies, red tape and understaffing upset customers and frustrate the employees. I get to work and have to man the phones all day long, and do emails if there is enough time between calls. Anything non-account related, we have to send to our technical support team, but they always have – more... 20+ minute waits because of the lack of staff. Most of my coworkers are jaded. Those of us that were excited when we first started, quickly got annoyed by customers angry at our understaffing and there is nothing we can do about it. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is taking that next call. The best part of the job is having some appreciate what I am trying to help them with, and leaving to go home at night. – less
Great Company Benefits, Average Pay
Technical Customer Support Representative II (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEMay 6, 2013
Pros: healthy initiatives
Cons: work schedules
This is a great company to work for, especially if you are looking for a great package of benefits. I do not however, recommend this company if you are raising a family, as you may not be able to get the time off that you need to be with them in the evening.

Carbonite offers a great product and has a fantasic customer base that is a pleasure to work – more... with. – less

About Carbonite

More than 50,000 small businesses rely on Carbonite to ensure they get back up and running quickly in the event of data loss or – Read more