Medical Office Manager
Surgical practice in the Western Suburbs is seeking an Office Manager. We are looking for your excellent organizational, communication and computer skills. The Office Manager will be responsible for appointment scheduling; timely and accurate collection of important patient information; completes all functions of medical records, and function as a resource to patients. Demonstrates superior relationship building and customer services skills. Fluency in Spanish is a plus. Must have the ability to work independently and function in a multi-tasking, multiple priorities environment, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. Previous medical office experience preferred. Microsoft Office Skills – Word, excel, outlook, power point required. New grads are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to internal and external customer needs in a positive manner to provide the highest quality service to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Answers designated telephone calls in a courteous manner, appropriately routes communication, responds to inquiries and transcribes messages.
- Makes, cancels and reschedules appointments for patients, makes reminder calls to patients regarding scheduled appointments.
- Performs verification of insurance eligibility and acquires referrals as required.
- Retrieves medical records for patient visits, creates charts for new patients. Files all complete medical records in a timely manner.
- Completes all request for medical record copies.
- Perform all other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Embrace diversity, treat our customers and co-workers with dignity, respect, and hold others to these standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
- Uphold the confidentiality requirements of all patient records consistent with HIPPA, state, and Federal laws and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers and to respond in a clear, concise, timely manner.
- Versatile means you are resourceful, flexible, and adaptable, remain open to change, accept feedback, and take ownership of providing superior service, regardless of your job description.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. College Degree a plus, some college preferred.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office programs essential.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Cardiothoracic Surgical practice with multiple locations in Illinois and Indiana. For additional information, please see our website at...