Cardinal Bank Employee Reviews

Branch Operating Assistant & Call Center Assistant (Former Employee), Mclean vaAugust 21, 2015
best manager ever had co workers were very supportive enjoyed working with the clients fun working environment from ceo to the tellers all were very friendly with smiles hate to leave the work place as had to relocate.
Cardinal Bank
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMay 11, 2015
• Resolve accounting issues related to the Application Balancing Report
• Administer monthly audit statements and report to Assistance Branch Manager
• Maintain for account reconciliation and Reviewed potential, security deposit dispositions, and cash batch reports for accuracy
• Compile in preparation and coordination of the annual audit, including liaison with internal and external auditors
One of the most enjoyable and hardest working team to supervised.
Loan Operation Supervisor - Bank Officer (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: very well team oriented. cohesive and great team work.
Cons: end of the month booking.
Ran day to day functions of our Loan Operation department. Assigning loans to my team for booking. Wrote reports, resolving reconciliation errors and meetings with managements. Setup new products and mapping of general ledgers. Worked with accounting and audit. Resolved all escalations issues.
Small Banking Realities
Branch Office Coordinator (Former Employee), McLean, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: close-knit working environment
Cons: lack of adequate compensation
My review of Cardinal is very much dated, and I'm sure does not accurately reflect what the bank is today, seven years after I left it. Cardinal is a small bank, about ~25 branches when I left, and it felt like it. Both in good ways - I knew everyone who worked in the bank, more or less - and bad - lack of quality infrastructure and support teams. I didn't fully appreciate my experience at Cardinal until I moved onto a bigger bank and could see how differently larger banks operate.

While I was with Cardinal, I enjoyed it. It was a close-knit community, of course, and most employees had a genuine interest in making Cardinal a success. At the same time, though, it was difficult to get a tremendous amount done. My role of Branch Office Coordinator was really about four or five different roles in one, everything from loan officer to auditor to vault supervisor. It was an invaluable experience as it taught me how to effectively multitask, but it seemed to lack direction. Such a role is vital for a small bank, I imagine, as it saves management from hiring two or three more people to split up the work load, but it was often draining and I left most days not feeling adequately compensated for the considerable work I was doing.

I left with no hard feelings, though, and took with me a broad understanding of multiple ways to make branches work.
Confidentail
HR Professional/Recruiting/Benefits (Current Employee), McLean, VAOctober 22, 2014
I rather not discuss this information at this time. Information will be provided and discussed at an appropriate time.
Customer Care Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Have had an excellent customer service experience, satisfied customer, manage coworkers, the most enjoyable part of my job was just being there and be part of the team and take card everything related to my job etc....
Small company
Certified Head Teller (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 16, 2014
- Basic teller jobs
- Did not have opportunity to advance.
- Co-Workers are good
extreamly fun place to work, co workers are very friendly, management is very good always ready to listen and understand staff needs.
Teller (Current Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 28, 2014
Lack of HR efforts
Corporate Recruiter & HR Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 4, 2014
poor attention to HR management and initiatives. Very bureaucratic environment
Great bank to work for
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee), Maclean, VADecember 23, 2013
Very good financial institution to work for. Great location.
Great Place to work.
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 19, 2013
Pros: having the leeway to work with all my customer's needs
Great company to work for; enjoyed my 11 years with Cardinal. I was in the perfect job assisting my Business Customer's with all aspects of their company needs.
Productive place
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), McLean, VANovember 18, 2013
Daily tasks inclue booking and renewing loans, servicing customers and creating financial spreads.
Solid Bank
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 30, 2013
Cardinal is one of the largest regional banks in the DC area, so employees enjoy the atmosphere of working for a small local bank while still being in a relevant market. They are very particular with who they hire (not in terms of experience/education/other qualifications, but about who will best fit the team). They are looking for people who want to work for Cardinal for many years.
Poor mgmt, horrible bennefits, no connection
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAApril 6, 2013
Pros: flexiable schedule.
Cons: non-communication, pay, mgmt
This company was OK in the beginning. Be warned that there is no training though. You better hope you have previous experience. The only way to move up in the company is by how much mgmt favors you. Benefits are not good (expensive) and no use of pregnancy leave benefits. Co-workers were incompetent and mgmt never wanted to do anything about it. Hardest part of the day was it being so slow and finding things to do. Most enjoyable was being able to come in late or leave early when needed.