Cardinal Bank Employee Reviews

Great employer
Compliance Officer, CRCM (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 10, 2017
Cardinal bank was the best employer I ever worked for. Great management. Great team work between all business lines. Opportunity for advancement and support from senior management was exceptional
Great Place for Advancement
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 26, 2017
Built great relationships with all the people who work at this bank.
Great place for advancement
Good Benefits could be better
People where always warm and knowledgeable
great place to work
Post Closer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 17, 2017
Good work environment, management, benefits. Supportive co-workers and team atmosphere. Great training - learned a lot with opportunity for advancement.
Productive and educational company
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 20, 2017
Cardinal Bank is a great company if you want to grow in the financial institution. A typical workday, I assist clients with their financial transactions, build a rapport and recommend products that they may need. In between clients, I file paperwork, order supplies, audit other drawers, train fellow colleagues on new accounts and role play on the best technique to address clients. The hardest part of the job is scanning our transactions with an outdated machine. The most enjoyable part is being able to interact with clients and assist them with their financial needs.
Pros
Customer service, upbeat environment
Cons
Benefits, short breaks
Wonderful place to work, great management team, awesome coworkers
VP/Mgr Commercial Lending Assts (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 11, 2017
I love Cardinal Bank and my job. The small bank atmosphere is what I enjoy most. The customers appreciate the personalized service they receive. There are lots of opportunity for advancement and management is supportive of your desire to grow in your career. I have been blessed with a great group of co-workers that support each other and work as a team.
SQL BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2016
I feel like my work here is always recognized - never overlooked. The atmosphere at Cardinal is one of cooperation and support, which I think is rare in today’s workplace. While many of my friends are searching for new “more satisfying” jobs, I know am very fortunate to be just 25, have had the privilege of being promoted to the lead of my department since I’ve started, and working for a company that I know I will stay with for years. Cardinal is truly a great place to work.
Great Community Bank
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 30, 2016
Cardinal is the largest community bank headquartered in Northern Virginia. They are very proactive in cross-training employee's and co-workers. Have learned a lot from various management member within the company. Excellent people to work with. However Cardinal could offer better salaries and benefits to the talent that they do have. Many people leave due to advancement opportunity and better salaries at other banks. Overall it is a great company 4/5.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Benefits, Salary
Great
Corporate Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 23, 2016
Great, Really good people there.
Learned a lot with the training program I was in.
Rotated to many different departments learning and training.
Everyone was nice.
Cardinal bank
Teller 1/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 9, 2015
Great team and the company had a lot of supportive management. The company was small but, had big aspirations. Enjoyed working with the smart individuals at the office.
Branch Operating Assistant & Call Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mclean vaAugust 21, 2015
best manager ever had co workers were very supportive enjoyed working with the clients fun working environment from ceo to the tellers all were very friendly with smiles hate to leave the work place as had to relocate.
Cardinal Bank
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 11, 2015
• Resolve accounting issues related to the Application Balancing Report
• Administer monthly audit statements and report to Assistance Branch Manager
• Maintain for account reconciliation and Reviewed potential, security deposit dispositions, and cash batch reports for accuracy
• Compile in preparation and coordination of the annual audit, including liaison with internal and external auditors
One of the most enjoyable and hardest working team to supervised.
Loan Operation Supervisor - Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Ran day to day functions of our Loan Operation department. Assigning loans to my team for booking. Wrote reports, resolving reconciliation errors and meetings with managements. Setup new products and mapping of general ledgers. Worked with accounting and audit. Resolved all escalations issues.
Pros
Very well team oriented. Cohesive and great team work.
Cons
End of the month booking.
Small Banking Realities
Branch Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 16, 2014
My review of Cardinal is very much dated, and I'm sure does not accurately reflect what the bank is today, seven years after I left it. Cardinal is a small bank, about ~25 branches when I left, and it felt like it. Both in good ways - I knew everyone who worked in the bank, more or less - and bad - lack of quality infrastructure and support teams. I didn't fully appreciate my experience at Cardinal until I moved onto a bigger bank and could see how differently larger banks operate.

While I was with Cardinal, I enjoyed it. It was a close-knit community, of course, and most employees had a genuine interest in making Cardinal a success. At the same time, though, it was difficult to get a tremendous amount done. My role of Branch Office Coordinator was really about four or five different roles in one, everything from loan officer to auditor to vault supervisor. It was an invaluable experience as it taught me how to effectively multitask, but it seemed to lack direction. Such a role is vital for a small bank, I imagine, as it saves management from hiring two or three more people to split up the work load, but it was often draining and I left most days not feeling adequately compensated for the considerable work I was doing.

I left with no hard feelings, though, and took with me a broad understanding of multiple ways to make branches work.
Pros
Close-knit working environment
Cons
Lack of adequate compensation
Confidentail
HR Professional/Recruiting/Benefits (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 22, 2014
I rather not discuss this information at this time. Information will be provided and discussed at an appropriate time.
Small company
Certified Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 16, 2014
- Basic teller jobs
- Did not have opportunity to advance.
- Co-Workers are good
extreamly fun place to work, co workers are very friendly, management is very good always ready to listen and understand staff needs.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 28, 2014
Lack of HR efforts
Corporate Recruiter & HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 4, 2014
poor attention to HR management and initiatives. Very bureaucratic environment
Great bank to work for
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maclean, VADecember 23, 2013
Very good financial institution to work for. Great location.
Great Place to work.
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 19, 2013
Great company to work for; enjoyed my 11 years with Cardinal. I was in the perfect job assisting my Business Customer's with all aspects of their company needs.
Pros
Having the leeway to work with all my customer's needs
Productive place
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 18, 2013
Daily tasks inclue booking and renewing loans, servicing customers and creating financial spreads.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Bank. Our community is ready to answer.