Cardinal Bank

Cardinal Bank United States Employee Reviews

One of the most enjoyable and hardest working team to supervised.
Loan Operation Supervisor - Bank Officer (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: very well team oriented. cohesive and great team work.
Cons: end of the month booking.
Ran day to day functions of our Loan Operation department. Assigning loans to my team for booking. Wrote reports, resolving reconciliation errors and meetings with managements. Setup new products and mapping of general ledgers. Worked with accounting and audit. Resolved all escalations issues.
Small Banking Realities
Branch Office Coordinator (Former Employee), McLean, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: close-knit working environment
Cons: lack of adequate compensation
My review of Cardinal is very much dated, and I'm sure does not accurately reflect what the bank is today, seven years after I left it. Cardinal is a small bank, about ~25 branches when I left, and it felt like it. Both in good ways - I knew everyone who worked in the bank, more or less - and bad - lack of quality infrastructure and support teams. I didn't fully appreciate my experience at Cardinal until I moved onto a bigger bank and could see how differently larger banks operate.

While I was with Cardinal, I enjoyed it. It was a close-knit community, of course, and most employees had a genuine interest in making Cardinal a success. At the same time, though, it was difficult to get a tremendous amount done. My role of Branch Office Coordinator was really about four or five different roles in one, everything from loan officer to auditor to vault supervisor. It was an invaluable experience as it taught me how to effectively multitask, but it seemed to lack direction. Such a role is vital for a small bank, I imagine, as it saves management from hiring two or three more people to split up the work load, but it was often draining and I left most days not feeling adequately compensated for the considerable work I was doing.

I left with no hard feelings, though, and took with me a broad understanding of multiple ways to make branches work.
Confidentail
HR Professional/Recruiting/Benefits (Current Employee), McLean, VAOctober 22, 2014
I rather not discuss this information at this time. Information will be provided and discussed at an appropriate time.
Customer Care Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Have had an excellent customer service experience, satisfied customer, manage coworkers, the most enjoyable part of my job was just being there and be part of the team and take card everything related to my job etc....
Small company
Certified Head Teller (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 16, 2014
- Basic teller jobs
- Did not have opportunity to advance.
- Co-Workers are good
extreamly fun place to work, co workers are very friendly, management is very good always ready to listen and understand staff needs.
Teller (Current Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 28, 2014
Lack of HR efforts
Corporate Recruiter & HR Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 4, 2014
poor attention to HR management and initiatives. Very bureaucratic environment
Great bank to work for
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee), Maclean, VADecember 23, 2013
Very good financial institution to work for. Great location.
Great Place to work.
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 19, 2013
Pros: having the leeway to work with all my customer's needs
Great company to work for; enjoyed my 11 years with Cardinal. I was in the perfect job assisting my Business Customer's with all aspects of their company needs.
Productive place
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), McLean, VANovember 18, 2013
Daily tasks inclue booking and renewing loans, servicing customers and creating financial spreads.
Solid Bank
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 30, 2013
Cardinal is one of the largest regional banks in the DC area, so employees enjoy the atmosphere of working for a small local bank while still being in a relevant market. They are very particular with who they hire (not in terms of experience/education/other qualifications, but about who will best fit the team). They are looking for people who want to work for Cardinal for many years.
Banking Experience
Employee Benefit ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: wednesday- free bagels
Cons: not good health care, if you are planning to have a baby you have to have short term disability the bank won't pay for it.
The schedule at the bank was very flexible gave the opportunity to drop my kids at school and save me money. Unfortunately the bank does not encourage employees to get train, usually is not in the budget. Management is complete separated from the employees you could feel it and see it. Even on Thanksgiving or Christmas the executives never gave us a warm note. The people that I worked with were very smart and talented people but unfortunately the company does not take care of the people and ended up leaving to another company that really appreciate them as employees and as a human being. Like any other job you have issues but really nothing that I couldn't handle it. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and the good relationships that we established