Cardinal Glass Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAApril 25, 2017
A typical day at work is a very , productive and fast work pace.

I've learned a lot like hoe to work as a team and how to take constructive citizen.

Straight forward , micro management.

A wide range of culture.

There was no hard part to the job.

The most enjoyable part was my team , and making goals.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
Short breaks, point systems
Dead end
Team Leader (Glass Tempering Department) (Former Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAApril 12, 2017
It's not a career. It's a job for people who have no other options. The management tells their employees they're replaceable. They make the hardest working employees compensate for the ones who don't work. They never compensate or acknowledge their best employees. It's dangerous work. It's hard work, and the pay should be reflected of the effort.
Pros
Anyone can work thier.
Cons
The work slows down durrig the winter seasons.
High paced working in an environment with high concerns for safety
New Hire Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAApril 6, 2017
Normally 7 am to 7 pm. Working in glass coating production. The overall shift managers, quality control manager, safety manager, and plant manager were the most caring and loving team I have worked with. Safety number 1. At all levels. Great team. Some sad team players.
Pros
rotating schedule
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAFebruary 2, 2017
This company was very good. They worked hard at making sure the
employees were taken care of. They respected and encouraged feedback at all times.
Don't do it
Loader (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 12, 2017
No one appreciates you but you get overtime when they do decide cut you're hours the place is not worth it the place is not organized
Pros
At one time slot ot
Cons
Where to start
Cardinal Glass does not care if you get injured.
Unit Assembly (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 5, 2016
They might tell you up front that safety is first, but once you get on the assembly line, prepare for injury, then being brushed off. This is a dangerous job.
Load End Area Lead (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAJuly 4, 2016
Loading glass, training employees, management was great, co workers were great, everyday was a good day, I learned a lot at Cardinal, mainly how to be a leader and train people.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 30, 2016
Been here a total of 12 years. Great place to work. We are setting safety records by the minute. Profit sharing a big plus. Most management is great with one or two exceptions.
Pros
30 minute paid breaks good money
Cons
Rotating days and nights
Terrible work environment
Washer loader (Current Employee) –  Vinton, VAJune 2, 2016
Easy work but terrible bosses that always find something to complain about no matter how hard you work and don't care about you as a person. Awful work/life balance. If they let you take off for something for your kids, they complain about it. The insurance isn't great and costs a ton and doesn't cover any vision costs. Pay is decent but still not worth it. Also the breaks are too short. 2 15s and a 30 for a 12 hour shift. That's normal for an 8 hour shift.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Everything else
Awesome
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Company and great pay and you even have the chance to work lots of overtime and its plenty of room for advancement also along with the great pay you can earn profit sharing
Pros
great pay
Cons
Hot during summer

Want to know more about Cardinal Glass?

Ask a question
great place even greater people
Glass Handler (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJanuary 24, 2016
This was the best company i had ever worked for the us army was full of opportunity and people that were there to work not just expect to be handed things. it was refreshing
Great Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Galt CAOctober 25, 2015
I learned a lot from Cardinal Glass, all of my Microsoft office and all other training was through Cardinal Cg. i advanced 6 times during my 8 years with Cardinal Cg.
Pros
Great Structure
Cons
a lot of safety issues and bad turnover
Hard fast paced work, when team effort was present the end of the day was very rewarding
All positions (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I learned more here than anywhere else. most all of the co workers were awesome. the pay was great. the facility itself was very clean and well kept. I had a chance to be a lead on the floor but there were 2 others that had seniority over me. A co worker and myself were able to help the lead of the day shift start a night shift. It was a little bit of a challenge and we were questioned if we could do it and we prevailed. After making it threw a rough couple of weeks we were informed that we earned a full profit share. This was the first time and it felt great! The manger of the night shift helped me learn so much about the job specifically and about the workplace environment in general.
Pros
Very nice breakroom and restrooms. company would by lunch or dinner for us sometimes
Cons
just management
Very busy job
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 15, 2015
I like working at cardinal glass. Its a job where you can grow and also do different jobs in manufacturing. I drive forklifts and also run the auto machines. Its a good place to work at and grow within the company.
Pros
bonus every month
Cons
its a good place to work at
Quick and easy
Tempering Machinist (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAAugust 25, 2015
Typical day at work is hands on, plenty of great co workers to help with the daily process. Overall a pretty decent atmosphere and great people.
Company has changed names
Production line coordinator (Former Employee) –  mooresvilleAugust 11, 2015
Enjoy the profit sharing but the shift were swing shifts which were really hard to adjust too, Leadership was strong but company changed values and leadership.
Good Work, Bad People (on the floor)
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring Green, WIAugust 7, 2015
The work isn't complicated and the hours aren't hard, but if you aren't a bitter alcoholic then you won't fit in on the assembly floor. Very, VERY clannish lot of men down there, and if you don't fit in, they will treat you like garbage. Those assembling frames in the mezzanine, however, are very friendly, quiet people, mostly women, and easy to get along with. Be sure of where you will be working in the building, and make sure that's where you want to be.
Pros
Cheap gas nearby, easy money
Cons
Alchoholics R Us downstairs
A very safe and secure place to work.
Lami cutter (Current Employee) –  Galt CaliforinaMarch 13, 2015
Factory job, with 8 hour shifts that require you to be physically in shape as well as mentally ready every single day. Protective gear is provided since you are caring pieces of glass everywhere. Depending on your job title, you are unloading glass and filling out the required paperwork for shipments. Other jobs are packer. Unload lead, Supervisor. Does not require a lot of hard brain power, but one must be able to stand for long periods of time with walking about 3-5 miles a day. I gps my days walking around. The management is organized but everything is not thought out well. Staff overwhelming workers with to many orders that require so much overtime the workers get burnt out. There is a point system that is strictly enforced. The hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting. There is the workers who are in good spirits and plenty of laughs though out the day. However the job is mind numbing. It is great job to get you off your feet, however they do play favorites, and to get a good raise you have to not work hard, but to just know people. It sounds shady but it is true. Over all, It is a good company for a starting job to pay off school and debts however, It is a dead end job from the beginning.
Pros
Good benefits with good job security for now.(2015) economy driven
Cons
micromanaging, power trips from people in charge. Will burn you out.
Nice place to work management wasn't very good
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Coleman, OKFebruary 19, 2015
Working with a good group of people. Hardest part of job was the weather. The plant supervisor is a great guy and great to work for, hes very understanding.
Pros
Opportunity to move up
Cons
Benefits weren't very good
Very productive work place
Factory worker (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIFebruary 5, 2015
The work is not difficult but can be monotonous. The upper management is filled with great people who try to make your work experience as nice as possible. The laborers that work there are also great people who are serious about their job but also know how to make it an enjoyable environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Glass. Our community is ready to answer.