Cardinal Glass Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible work environment
Washer loader (Current Employee) –  Vinton, VAJune 2, 2016
Easy work but terrible bosses that always find something to complain about no matter how hard you work and don't care about you as a person. Awful work/life balance. If they let you take off for something for your kids, they complain about it. The insurance isn't great and costs a ton and doesn't cover any vision costs. Pay is decent but still not worth it. Also the breaks are too short. 2 15s and a 30 for a 12 hour shift. That's normal for an 8 hour shift.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Everything else
Awesome
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Company and great pay and you even have the chance to work lots of overtime and its plenty of room for advancement also along with the great pay you can earn profit sharing
Pros
great pay
Cons
Hot during summer
Great Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Galt CAOctober 25, 2015
I learned a lot from Cardinal Glass, all of my Microsoft office and all other training was through Cardinal Cg. i advanced 6 times during my 8 years with Cardinal Cg.
Pros
Great Structure
Cons
a lot of safety issues and bad turnover
Hard fast paced work, when team effort was present the end of the day was very rewarding
All positions (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I learned more here than anywhere else. most all of the co workers were awesome. the pay was great. the facility itself was very clean and well kept. I had a chance to be a lead on the floor but there were 2 others that had seniority over me. A co worker and myself were able to help the lead of the day shift start a night shift. It was a little bit of a challenge and we were questioned if we could do it and we prevailed. After making it threw a rough couple of weeks we were informed that we earned a full profit share. This was the first time and it felt great! The manger of the night shift helped me learn so much about the job specifically and about the workplace environment in general.
Pros
Very nice breakroom and restrooms. company would by lunch or dinner for us sometimes
Cons
just management
Very busy job
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 15, 2015
I like working at cardinal glass. Its a job where you can grow and also do different jobs in manufacturing. I drive forklifts and also run the auto machines. Its a good place to work at and grow within the company.
Pros
bonus every month
Cons
its a good place to work at
Quick and easy
Tempering Machinist (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAAugust 25, 2015
Typical day at work is hands on, plenty of great co workers to help with the daily process. Overall a pretty decent atmosphere and great people.
Company has changed names
Production line coordinator (Former Employee) –  mooresvilleAugust 11, 2015
Enjoy the profit sharing but the shift were swing shifts which were really hard to adjust too, Leadership was strong but company changed values and leadership.
Good Work, Bad People (on the floor)
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring Green, WIAugust 7, 2015
The work isn't complicated and the hours aren't hard, but if you aren't a bitter alcoholic then you won't fit in on the assembly floor. Very, VERY clannish lot of men down there, and if you don't fit in, they will treat you like garbage. Those assembling frames in the mezzanine, however, are very friendly, quiet people, mostly women, and easy to get along with. Be sure of where you will be working in the building, and make sure that's where you want to be.
Pros
Cheap gas nearby, easy money
Cons
Alchoholics R Us downstairs
A very safe and secure place to work.
Lami cutter (Current Employee) –  Galt CaliforinaMarch 13, 2015
Factory job, with 8 hour shifts that require you to be physically in shape as well as mentally ready every single day. Protective gear is provided since you are caring pieces of glass everywhere. Depending on your job title, you are unloading glass and filling out the required paperwork for shipments. Other jobs are packer. Unload lead, Supervisor. Does not require a lot of hard brain power, but one must be able to stand for long periods of time with walking about 3-5 miles a day. I gps my days walking around. The management is organized but everything is not thought out well. Staff overwhelming workers with to many orders that require so much overtime the workers get burnt out. There is a point system that is strictly enforced. The hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting. There is the workers who are in good spirits and plenty of laughs though out the day. However the job is mind numbing. It is great job to get you off your feet, however they do play favorites, and to get a good raise you have to not work hard, but to just know people. It sounds shady but it is true. Over all, It is a good company for a starting job to pay off school and debts however, It is a dead end job from the beginning.
Pros
good benefits with good job security for now.(2015) economy driven
Cons
micromanaging, power trips from people in charge. will burn you out.
Nice place to work management wasn't very good
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Coleman, OKFebruary 19, 2015
Working with a good group of people. Hardest part of job was the weather. The plant supervisor is a great guy and great to work for, hes very understanding.
Pros
opportunity to move up
Cons
benefits weren't very good
Very productive work place
Factory worker (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIFebruary 5, 2015
The work is not difficult but can be monotonous. The upper management is filled with great people who try to make your work experience as nice as possible. The laborers that work there are also great people who are serious about their job but also know how to make it an enjoyable environment.
Generous with overtime.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Buford, GADecember 15, 2014
A typical workday at Cardinal Glass is full of opportunities along with unnecessary job stress due to immature management staff. Cardinal as a company could become an employee ideal job with proper management placement due to work experience instead of personal preference.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
favortism( not work related)
very steady, no worry of getting laid off.
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  winlock, waAugust 23, 2014
started great, company really tried to appreciate the employees but has slowly degraded to them be extremely ungrateful and petty. if there was more room for advancement and better compensation i would stay longer.
Pros
petty gifts to make you feel appreciated. vacation time.
Cons
long hours and ungrateful management
Its a reliable job that will always be there
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Winlock, WAJuly 28, 2014
The pay is not enough to sustain a family and should be more just based on how dangerous it can potentially be. Over all it is not a bad place to work but there is no advancement or incentive to learn more.
Pros
lots of days off
Cons
rotating shifts
Productive Workplace
Loader/Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMarch 11, 2014
I have learned allot of new things with Cardinal, including but not limited to. Faster production on the line, maintaining a good work schedule, answering calls professionally, Scheduling pick ups.
Production company with Profit Sharing
Shift Supervisor/Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 24, 2013
While at Cardinal I learned a lot about management and financial budgeting for a company. I worked closely with the Financial Director on organizing the companies finances which resulted in company monthly Profit Sharing checks.
Pros
advancement
Cons
sales based on housing market
great co-workers, and a fun workplace to be in
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Winlock, WAAugust 11, 2013
the job was at some times chalenging, but for the most part it was an easy and fun place to work. my co-workers made the time at cardinal fg winlock a good time overall
Pros
free lunches once a month, quarterly safety lunches
Cons
management, health care, advancement
Porductive place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAJuly 9, 2013
Typical day was receiving truck loads of glass, learned how to move and unload racks of glass with either a forklift, a RICO pallet jack, or an over head crane, managment and co-works was good. There was nothing hard about this job, and the most enjoyable was operating a forklift.
Glass Coating Factory
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJune 13, 2013
I would walk up and down the length of the factory(3 football fields long), and inspect/test the glass in inventory, production(coating, cutting, tempering), and shipping once an hour and write a report on my findings at the end of my shift.
Pros
relatively easy job
Cons
glass dust is not healthy to breathe.
interesting
Pattern Bar Specialist (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 21, 2013
The day started out with a brief on safety and what the production was for the day. I enjoyed know what to look forward in my day as for the work. The thing I didn't like that much was the weird hours of operation. We worked 2 on 2 off, 3 on 3 off. It was difficult to get into the swing of things at first but the hours and pay were great. especially when overtime was optional. Overall it was a good job with good benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Glass. Our community is ready to answer.