Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics

Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Employer Reviews

Was dissapointed when Cardinal lost the Petsmart account back in 2005. Truly was a great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDFebruary 3, 2014
Delivered Petsmart product to stores out of the Hagerstown warehouse daily.
Good company
Operations Manager III (Current Employee), Travelers Rest, SCJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: evrchanging
Cons: not loyal
continuous change with the merge of Cardinal and Greatwide, a bit of confusion.
Driver nobody in this company
CDL A truck driver (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 10, 2014
Not bad company , but driver just number . They can easy replace you like gloves ! Management don't worry about driver .
outdoor work enviornment
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTDecember 27, 2013
shipping and receiving loading and unloading trailers fast paced warehouse environment working with fork lifts
Extremely structured
Boss Mike Senate (Former Employee), Township of Randolph, NJOctober 2, 2013
I can't say one bad thing about this company. I loved every minute of my work day with them.
driving job
Driver (Former Employee), Westfield, MASeptember 24, 2013
driving was fine, company wasn't bad, just had an issue with management
Work in very small office
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 15, 2013
Pros: pay was well
Cons: not flexiable
worked with contract truck drivers. dispatching truck drivers. work closely with clients
Not a very secure company to work with.
CDL Local Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2013
I worked for Cardinal and never felt the company was secure with the attitudes they held with the contract we worked.
Does not care about customers or employees
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Concord, NCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: co-workers were great friends
Cons: management does not have education
Hard work, no positive remarks or achievement, Delivered feed by tanker every day to customers, Co-workers were great people.

I was hurt on the job in order to save a persons' life. In return, my wife and I never received a call from management to see if I was still alive and well.
plenty of work available
Driver (Former Employee), orlando flaJuly 9, 2013
worked 14 hour days 5 days week off weekends typical day started around 4 am till 6 pm. learned different equipment such as fork lift and moffet pulled trailers 40' up to 57' flat bed and van operated.
good pay zero loyalty
driver (Former Employee), far away from home way to muchJune 21, 2013
Pros: pay was fair
Cons: zero loyalty zero second chances. work harder faster and dont mess up attitude
cardinal pays well dependant on which account you get hired on too. management varies dependant on what account your hired onto. dont work to hard or kill yourself because the company will not go to bat for you when an issue occurs.if anything they will fight against you. you will be out of a job no matter how big or small the occurance is. cardinal – more... likes to think people are robots and programmed never to make mistakes. No job security from that perspective and no security from a work load perpective either. once an accounts contracts' done so are you... sneaky,big talk we got your back company but its really "what can you do for us" attitutde. – less
Changing Careers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 19, 2013
Love the Travel but ready for a change. Needing to come off the road. getting to spend more time with the family,
Good, wish it hadn't ended
Rescue Waggin' Driver (Former Employee), COApril 30, 2013
Pros: good pay for low skill job, food compensation, puppies
Cons: long drives, weather conditions, not for night people
The Rescue Waggin' was a program I was eager to be involved in. It involved rescuing dogs from overcrowded shelters and bringing them to a high-adoption shelter in CO. It had a rocky start being so new, but eventually got it's sea legs. The hardest part was waking up so early in the mornings, and going to bed so early in different hotel rooms. The part – more... involving the dogs was the best, especially meeting them at our source shelters when they're so happy to see people. – less
contract carrier/ watch out
Driver (Former Employee), Sturbridge,Charlton,Worcester,Plainville MAApril 7, 2013
Pros: predictable contract schedule
Cons: management leaves alot to be desired
overall, it was an alright company to work for. Autozone acct was awesome and the supervisor, well she was the best. Lost acct and sent to the cabinet acct where it was run by an incompetent fool who only cared about himself and his bottom line meant you have to take a pay cut so i can look better. Then had to go to flatbed acct because the incompetent – more... fool treated me and another like garbage.The flatbed acct was also awesome because the supervisors there treat you like a human being. So stay away from the cabinets in Worcester Ma. Co-workers were fun to work with. – less
Good company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good pay and work ethic
Cons: away from home alot
Pre-trip truck and follow manifests for the day. The most enjoyable part was driving the newer model trucks. The hardest part of this job is being away from home for multiple days at a time. Coworkers were very good and helpful. Management is fair.
to off load the trucks
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 5, 2012
Pros: work on commuteing skills
Cons: learn more
my day begins with me clocking in n off load the pallets of diary n than displace it in the routh it goes
I would not work here again
Driver (Former Employee), Ontario CaOctober 19, 2012
Pros: alot of work
Cons: unorganized, low pay and bad equipment
Very unorganized. The managment often seems to not be on top of things. The will often tell you to take a truck and thenyou find out it is not there. Often they will load you over weight and you have to wait for them to fix it. I have several times been sent in a sleeper to do deliveries in down town LA where there is very little room.I was shocked – more... at how unorganized they were and very impersonal. The pay was also very low and no benifits. I am very surprised that Cardinal still has the Autozone account.
They also sent me out one day when it was over 100 degrees in a truck with no AC – less
excelent home.time.
truck.driver office d account (Current Employee), grand prairie ,txSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: excelent home everyday
Cons: none.
I love working.4 cardinal in grand prairie tx office depot account I'm at home every day m-f no force.dispatch weekends off excelent pay no touch freight drop and hook only apply if you like being at home.with your family yearly income $45k

teddy – September 19, 2012

hey im looking to jump on the office depot account in jersey. the hiring process seems to be taking way longer then any other driving job ive had. is this standard with cardinal?

office depot account
Route Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2012
next day delivery, you have to load your own truck and make your own route
this company be 100% the bess for the driver
Company Driver (Former Employee), dallas txJune 23, 2012
i do the 100 % in my job and be 3 time per w dallas to kansascity in any codition and an be ontime delivery and learned sefty .i have the bess manager lee perry .i have the nises co_workers .weather be the hardest part .

About Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics

Greatwide has long been a leader in the transportation industry whose extensive experience in the food and beverage industry has – Read more

Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Photos