Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Employee Reviews

Cardinal is another good company
Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaJuly 2, 2015
Teamwork was an very important part of this company doing so good.We deliverd and pick up customers products on a daily basis.
High energy,low maintenance in Ottawa,Il.
truck driver (Former Employee), Ottawa, ILJune 20, 2015
Pros: good equipment, excellent pay, good management
Cons: lackadaisical employees, poor management in the end
I am a former driver for Cardinal that did the Petsmart account. I made very good paychecks while I was there.We had an excellent terminal manager to start out with. Then he got promoted and his replacement – more... did NOT take the job very serious. The camaraderie really went south. This manager would only show up an average of 2 days per week. I learned a lot about this company where as you really had to screw up big time to get fired. The original dispatcher was excellent. She ran you the way you wanted to run and make money. The co-workers,well they had some extreme crybabies. We were told in orientation this would be a 6 day a week job. After a couple months they were refusing to work weekends.This made the job a lot harder than it should have been. The best part of my job was meeting the Petsmart personnel at the stores. I made some everlasting friendships in the 2 3/4 years I worked there. Then I was forced tout because of an illness. Now I am on disability. – less
Fun, but serious atmosphere, coworkers like 2nd family
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJune 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: always on call, no room for growth
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to: invoicing, routing, dispatching drivers, driver settlements, dealing with DOT violations and compliance, building customer relationships, – more... and maintaining equipment. Will provide communication to customers in regards to orders scheduled for delivery, and act as liaison between customers, stores, and drivers to ensure efficient operations. Fast paced environment, with large volume, and critical delivery parameters. Recruits, orients and monitors progression of new drivers. – less
Very productable and fun loving company
Van Operator, Courier (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: company was very safety conscious all the time
This was a great company to work for. I worked with a great bunch of people and enjoyed all the new customers I met through all the years .Every morning I would find and inspect my van and then start my route.which met I would drive to certain buildings and then pick up packages ,envelopes,and totes and then deliver them.
On the Company
Processor (Former Employee), Concord, NCMay 11, 2015
They were a great company to work for, I am glad I had the pleasure. I gained great experience by learning how to review a drivers application accurately, and get all verifications done. I learned how to know if Medical Cards were up to date, checked Criminal backgrounds.
It's a great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Waycross, GAApril 24, 2015
My boss was very unprofessional and unethical. They have pretty high expectations of their drivers. Please note ATTENDANCE is priority with this company.
Great Company...poor account
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), North Vernon, INApril 10, 2015
Great Company...poor account. The company atmosphere is excellent; however, some of the individual accounts are poorly managed.
need managers that understand transportation
driver (Former Employee), Peachtree city, GAApril 2, 2015
Pros: half of your bonus the week after orientation.
Cons: POOR MANAGERMENT. PAY COULD BE BETTER
Management does not listen.. NO ADVANCEMENT.. no increases. . new equipment. Thats the only good thing I can say about cardinal. you work a week in the hole before you get your first paycheck. Manager is so ARROGANT. He does not understand truckers because he has never been on the road dealing with the everyday elements. I would stay away from cardinal..
Dangerous place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Ontario CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: $1000 wk Training
Cons: Your CDL License and Record will be put in danger
I'm not sure about any other accounts with Cardinal but the AutoZone account in Ontario Ca was dangerous to work for. Management was terrible and were fighting constantly, a lot of chaos. The safety manager – more... is a joke and has no ppl skills. They will not train you and expect for you to do the job. The auto zone locations are extremely tight and every driver i spoke with has hit cars, people, and buildings. The equipment is extremely bad and will break down on you guaranteed. They work you extremely long hours and you only get one day off a week. You are also asked to do one out of town trip a week. They will tell you that you will make money but thats not true. They pay .34cpm and $17 per stop. The electric pallet jacks looked horrible and were always braking down, causing the driver to use a manual pallet jack which was unbearable on the body. All the drivers have been pulled over for inspections by DOT for high CSA points, you can check this yourself, and DOT will find violations with the equipment because its so bad. If you like having a bullseye on your back than drive for this company. – less
decent work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pennsboro, WVMarch 17, 2015
after being out sourced to this company it was difficult to make the change. only because i had been employed with simonton for 25 yrs and the hired me however got a huge pay cut and it wasn't possible to move up or do a nything different.
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Paris, ILFebruary 28, 2015
It was good when I started. They promised a lot but it never paid off in the end. They have great ideas. I good luck if you to you and yours.
Contract Position
Contractor (Current Employee), NCFebruary 23, 2015
This was a contract assignment. The location was convenient and the hours fit my schedule. I would work here again if needed.
ok place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 9, 2015
benefit great, management not the best, coworkers are friendly, no advancement, life balance ok, can be better, pay vary
When they took over my previous employers business bad news
Class A CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Thompsontown, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: incompetent managment, shoddy equipment
They took over business for a company I used to work for delivering cabinets and didn't do a good job. They were going to suspend me for not paying NYC tolls out of pocket because they had a bad ez pass. – more... Cleaned out my truck that day wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. Also what was supposed to be a smooth transition into cardinal/great wide was an absolute nightmare. It may vary depending on your location and management but I was very upset with their business practices. – less
Very good employer
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix Arizona MetroJanuary 15, 2015
The management was very involved in employee relations and was a pleasure to work for. They seemed to listen to suggestions and implemented new idea's to make sure the job was done to the customers satisfaction and yet the employees were proud to go up and above what was expected.
Excellent company to work for
Very family orientated. They know the job does not come first
Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: very good staff
Cons: away from home for extended lengths of time.
A good company to work for. They understand that you have a family and that you have responsibilities. They do a very good job of working around that. The staff that you work with are very friendly and they know their job. They do a very good job of keeping you working, very little down time.
A good place to work
Tractor Trailer Driver/Moffett Operator (Former Employee), Millersville, MDSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: get in, get out, go home early!
Cons: no free lunches
I loved my job working for a manager who gave 100% to his drivers. My job was very challenging at times regarding location and sometimes, "How am I going to complete this delivery today?! As a company, we cared about what kind of service we provided. The hardest part of the job was just being a safe driver looking out for others who drove aggressively in which can cause an accident.
hard worker
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: i get sunday off
Cons: work long hours
get to work about 1;00am and go to ar,ok,la to unloaded truck
Good pay, but forced to work in dangerous weather situations.
Driver (Former Employee), Paducah, KYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: very long hours in sometimes brutal conditions.
Out of town overnight two or three times a week. Compensation was good and hotels were paid for. Per diem of $40 per day on the road, in addition to hotels.
Great DM's
Local Class A City Driver (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 19, 2014
Pros: six days a week.
Cons: money could be more.
I like working for them they will keep you working if are willing .
Headquarters