Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Employee Reviews

Nice place to work at
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Professional environment. Good people to work with, friendly and helpful. Wish they had a permanent position or more stable working hours per week. Trucks were in good shape.
Working for Cardinal
Processing Clerk/Driver Development (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 3, 2018
Cardinal has been really good to me. I have NEVER had an issue when I needed time off. I do not have to worry about being Micro Managed at all. Just as long as you come in, do your job and do it well, that is all that is asked of you. One of the best companies I have ever worked for to say the least. Lastly, efforts do not go unnoticed when it comes to higher management.
Pros
VERY understanding when it comes to requesting time off.
Cons
N/a
great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJanuary 1, 2018
This is the best company that I have worked for unfortunately the terminal closed so I was forced to leave.

I really don't have anything bad to say about this company.
Pros
pay
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Enjoyed all co-workers and manager. I wish they were able to offer more hours. Working here I learned how our world moves product.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
management
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2017
oklahoma branch management treat,s every driver a difference way if you was not close to the big wigs they was not nice and always thought you was up to something i did my job great and pasted 3 dot inspections did what i was told . alway,s had to slip seat trucks for the first year, then i got assighed truck but that didn,t last long at all management at this branch say,s one thing and do any other
Pros
pay was good
Cons
leardership in mangagement
Great Company
Delivery Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2017
I worked at Cardinal for five years and they were an absolute great company to work for. Dispatch was really easy going and they protected there drivers to the fullest. Getting time off was easy so as long as you gave them plenty of notice and they never questioned you when you had emergencies. The operations manger was great to work for. If I had a chance to go back I would.
Loved this company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2017
Loved the company wished they would spend more time developing the loyal employees. Wish they would spread out the workload to be manage correctly. Other than that loved the job
Pros
Cons
Certain Management wasnt supportive of training
Great
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 27, 2017
Cardinal was a great place to work. There was a team effort and everyone worked together to get the job done and the office running smoothly. The company was fair to the employees as well as the independent contractors that worked for them.
Nice job until they changed names
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 25, 2017
Dock clean up though cold was enjoyable
unloading trucks required a fast response
Graveyard hours took getting use to but the shift was perfect
At times you are asked to go on the road to assist drivers
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
work consists in a freezer atmosphere
steady work usually
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Newville, PANovember 20, 2017
equipment left something to be desired. benefits were offered but not very good, pushed to go out in weather that was questionable at best. all you are is a driver code
Pros
decent pay and plenty of work
Cons
lack of management, extremely long work weeks
Very nice company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2017
Working for Cardinal was good Everyone was great some wasn’t but I had fun working for them and a had a lot of good experiences there descent route and the money was good
Pros
Cons
None that I know of
Sorry I left
Straight Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MANovember 6, 2017
No in house promotion program for drivers to achieve their CDL. That is the reason I left otherwise would still be there today. Great Dispatchers, backed the drivers.
Pros
New Equipment, Good Dispatch
Cons
Contracted, had to put up with upset customers when unfair promises were made.
Personal Review
Operations Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 6, 2017
Typical work days are not typical in the transportation industry. Knowledge and new thoughts are easily adapted to in the workplace here. Management for the accounts vary and most of the Managers are great but you always have a 1 or 2 that you will not see eye to eye with, overall they're outstanding. The teams you work with are your life lines and it is crucial to work in this format. Hardest part of the job is that you never know what curve could be thrown today so just roll with the good and the tough. The most enjoyable part is your team and your driver's knowing your servicing the needs of your customer while providing your skill set to achieve all the goals for both.
productive and great work enviorment
Mobile Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAOctober 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. Wish the contract did not run out or i would stay. The people are great and we were able to acomplish alot in my time there.
Leader in Logistics Operations
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAOctober 17, 2017
Cardinal is a large company, with a small and personal connection all the way up the line. I loved my job, the work, and many offices I interacted with (including our customer, associated operating cost centers, drivers, and managers).

The learning opportunities were readily available. The variety of learned skills. I had several Operation Managers, each offering different opportunities for me to grow as an individual. Each manager brought something unique to the table.
Pros
Advanced and Continuous Training, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Constant changes in payroll operation process, Lack of relocation opportunity
Okay place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 12, 2017
Good company to work for but it is stressful. The drivers are really helpful and team players. I have nothing else to say, it is a good place to work.
Pros
Good drivers
Cons
Stressful
Bid Issues
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 5, 2017
Cardinal has issues keeping accounts with customers, after relocating, i have finally given up on their ability to keep an account

long days

learned a lot about dispatch

management sucks

work place culture: thanks God for the drivers

nothing to hard about the job

most enjoyable:...helping my drivers
Pros
n/a
Cons
Management/Salary
Management needs serious improvent
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 27, 2017
No opportunity for advancement, Favortism, The harder you work the more they treat like garbage. Ever since the merge this company has fallen apart. High turnaround
Cons
Pay
Need to pay driver better for what they do ..
driver (Former Employee) –  south carolinaSeptember 13, 2017
I work like a part-time person they give me scrap load not worth your time but I do everything that asks of me but half the time I don't get a check anyway I really love the people in S.C but it doesn't pay my bills it's about time to leave.
Pros
new trucks
Cons
not enough work to keep u busy and .36 cpm is no money
Great Company
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAAugust 3, 2017
Very good place to work for. They take care their employees and pay well. Compare to former employer very relaxed job. Great group of people and drivers.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.