Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Employee Reviews

Struggling Company
Operations (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 22, 2017
Cardinal merged with Greatwide a few years ago and they have not learned how to balance the company. There is no good training or advancement in place. Very bad communication.
Plenty of work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 21, 2017
Good pay and good benefits. Have to argue with them to get a day off and vacation. Management makes it up as they go. Dispatchers are great. Big driver turnover.
Pros
Pay, benefits, job security
Cons
No days off, management
Great Company
Company driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2017
Great company to work for. They will work with you if you need more home time or need more work. I have nothing bad to say about the team i worked with.
Pros
Flexible and lots of work
Cons
Health Insurance is a bit expensive.
Terrible company with no future and terrible management.
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 6, 2017
In 20 years of driving trucks, i have never even heard of a company with less professionalism or safety than Cardinal Logistics. Do yourself a favor and find anything else. There isn't enough space provided to explain the many ways this company could care less about its employees, especially it drivers.
Pros
Home time
Cons
everything else, especially pay and benefits
Fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2017
You work by yourself, sometimes we have challenges at work to help you earn more money. I love the office staff, all the drivers got along, just a great place to work.
Pros
company store with a $200 dollar limit per year for apparel
typical day at work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  LaVergne TNMay 21, 2017
Ok I guess it was just a temp job not a good job for temp it was ok but some people just didn't want you there. I worked so hard to go full time but when I found out they let me go
If you want no life
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 15, 2017
Pays great, but will run you into the ground and they act as though that's just how it is. When in fact, it's because they are always under staffed and force the added work load on you. Missing pay from time to time as well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
12-14 hr days, 6 days a week, Missing Pay
Equipment was in good condition
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 9, 2017
A typical day started with coming in and getting any truck that is available ( they are in good condition). Then getting your route for the day (typically informed the day before). Connecting to your trailer and starting your route. deliveries can rang from 6- 13 stops with potential to get more work once finished.
Pros
Freedom to complete route with minimal supervision
Cons
some managers were not suited to manage
Management is very unfair to company drivers
OPS (Current Employee) –  Arthur, ILMay 1, 2017
Once was a great place to work, until i was switched from salary to hourly. I do enjoy the hourly as i on average get about 20 hours of over time a week. well i did until a difference of opinion with my manager over a back haul. I am now being told to work a lot less as my manager has take the difference of opinion personally, and that obviously changes my view on the company on how business is conducted and is now is going to effect my pay check. The sheer incompetence of the manager is absolutely astounding that he still has a job, unable to make decisions and they fall on me and unable to actually treat account employees fairly. I do not recommend this place for employment, unless you want to be used and not rewarded or promoted or personal hatred from management.
Pros
Cons
expect more work than you wil get paid for.
Dispatcher
Dispatcher/Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  NevadaApril 26, 2017
Cardinal Logistics
Dispatcher/Operations Support Specialist. Dont have much to say previous company was bought-out. Management decimated employees with new company policies. Everyone left.
Long hours, very physical job
Spotter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44125April 22, 2017
Extremely physical job, long hours, they do provide uniforms and boots, management has no clue what the loaders do. Pretty much you just eat and sleep, and work.
Pros
pay isn't bad
Cons
not very good benefits, no pension, hard to get time off
slip seating
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 17, 2017
cameras in trucks,they monitor everything you do
always guilty until proven innocent
highly micromanaged
started off nice,but progressively got worse
the drivers,and most all management were great people,
but it only takes a few bad apples
Pros
when it was going well and your left alone to be a driver
Cons
cameras, all sorts of electronic garbage trying to drive the truck for you
Great people bad equipment!
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAMarch 23, 2017
The Kroger account in Salem,va has the best management you can find.The new equipment they purchased not so much!They have purchased the new international tractors they are uncomfortable and unreliable.
Pros
Great people, 4 on 2 off
Cons
Stressfull account, bad equipment, unreliable sch
Great company to work for as long as you have the right manager
Operations coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2017
Cardinal is a great place to work , it was challenging and fulfilling for the most part. everything I learned about the job I learned from everyone but my manager. She was very controlling and afraid someone was going to take her job so she gave out information sparingly. But the other Operation managers were awesome , they were always willing to make time for you and help you any way they could. I worked independently in the Jacksonville office and developed a great relationship with the company we were dedicated to. that did not make my manager happy at all.

The hardest part of working there was not getting all the information to do your best. The greatest part of working with Cardinal was the drivers and the customers. Nothing felt better than at the end of the day you made sure your customers were 100 percent happy and satisfied.
Pros
you are eligible for benefits after 30 days
Cons
not having a voice
Not bad
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMarch 17, 2017
If you want some steady work with a pretty regular work week it's not so bad, mostly delivering to military bases, decent pay, no forced dispatch. Some decent perks also
great place to work
class A tractor trailer driver (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 15, 2017
Great place to work no set hours. They give you your route and stops the night before, so the earlier you get started the sooner you get done. As long as you do your job no one bothers you ever. They run electronic logs so you don't have to mess with a paper log book. You will go in to work log in on the hand held computer. go to your first stop, down load your forklift load up your trailer put your lift and proceed to your next stop. then after your stops are done you will go to one of the mills close to your location and unload your truck, and your done.
Pros
The hours can be short, its up to you how long your day is.
Cons
they used to pay per stop but now they don't, so if you have four stops to fill up your trailer you dont get paid for it, just the miles.
Great company
Dedicated Delivery Logistics (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at work starts out at 3:00am picking up your load for deliveries for office depot store in a 200 mi. Radius. What I learned was to trip plan around heavy traffic area.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Pay
Job Management
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 24, 2017
One of many things that I enjoy working at cardinal is the management. There is a little to non micro management here and for some people like myself enjoy the freedom of that. I have learned many things while working at Cardinal that can't be summarized into this paragraph but one thing that sticks out the most is the communication skills that I have learned here. The hardest part of the job is that its non stop. My phone is constantly at my side at all hours of the day with the potential to ring with a problem on the other end that I have to solve. .
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
costly benefits.
Worst job experience ever
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Accepted a job to begin Jan 2nd, worked 3 days and decided the job was not for me. The job description and hours that I was told were not at all what was actually expected. There was no longterm management. Once I got there I found out how much turnover they have. Even the "new" Plant Manager that I interviewed with had quit only after a few weeks so by the time I started he was already gone. Also found out I was like the 8th or 9th Maintenance Supervisor just in the last few years. The place is completely unsafe, extremely long hours on salary and on-call. You will have no life outside of work and ontop of all of that I have yet to be paid for the days I worked. If I don't get an answer today I will be filing a complaint with the Department of Labor. I worked 3 days, 12 hours each day on salary and have not received any payment.
Pros
Cons
Horrible hours, you will have no life
We had autonomy with the company
Assistant Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 28, 2016
This was a good company to work for. We were able to take ownership of the location as long as we showed a profit. Our regional manager did not micro manage and was always available via phone if there were any problems.
Pros
excellent hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8