Cardinal Group Employee Reviews

Onsite Manager
Leasing and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 8, 2017
The onsite manager was very energetic, positive, goal-oriented, and professional. She was always prompt with work assignments and very organized. She did the right thing all the time.
Great company, but there is room to grow!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2017
Cardinal is a great company to work for! I love the culture and their core values. There is room for improvement, but they are willing to put in the work.
Great Company
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 10, 2017
Cardinal Group Management is by far one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure of working for. They provide you with great benefits as wells as competitive pay.
Good company
Maintenance Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2017
Good company to work for, open communication with HQ, good pay and benefits. Culture is very open, a new growing company that values the opinions of all employees
Do not work for this company
Community Intern (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCSeptember 8, 2017
My property recently switched management companies to Cardinal Group, and the transition has been nothing but stressful and chaotic. Corporate came in and assured us the transition would be smooth even though it was our turn process, but fell through on EVERY promise. They did not help out whatsoever during the turnover period, AND messed up our ENTIRE Yardi and accounts system. They had temporary workers up at corporate build our Yardi with the master list we provided to them on numerous occasions; however, they ended up billing everyone twice, charging the wrong rents, applying charges when they should have been credits, etc. Even though it was their mistake, they really had no sympathy for us or even offer to help in the situation. Instead, they forced the Accounts Manger to manually fix everything. Meanwhile, they were breathing down the Community Interns' necks about doing their "Cardinal U's" while we were all dealing with the backlash of everyone's accounts being wrong DURING our turnover period. "Cardinal U's" are mostly pointless and time-consuming training modules that are expected to be done in an inappropriate time frame, and if not completed during normal working hours, they are to be completed off the clock with no bonus incentive or compensation whatsoever. I have worked here for well over 2 years now and NEVER have been dissatisfied with my Community Managers, just Cardinal corporate. Because of the Cardinal taking over as our management company, ALL THREE of my Community Managers have either left, put in their two weeks, or are actively looking for a new job.
Great Upscale Property
Leasing and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 25, 2017
Great property, great staff. Corporate office in Denver not so easy to work with as they never visited property to understand issues. Too much construction needed on property so it sold.
Pros
weekly happy hour
Cons
corporate office not communicative
overly competive with no insentives
Collector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2017
Would have been a better place if they had better management and were more organize.. No sick days and no options to make up for time lost when you are out..
Pros
Its a job
Cons
bad inviroment.. bad Management
Fun workplace
Community Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 11, 2017
The company as a whole is pretty laid back but the lack of benefits and pay creates a younger staff with a high turnover. Great company to start a career in property management.
Pros
Nice people and young company
Cons
Their work day is 9-6 rather than 9-5
Cardinal Management Group
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for Cardinal Management and wish that they had more properties in Florida. The work life balance was excellent and they had top notch training in place for new hires and continued training for current employees.
Pros
Work life balance, pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Strict Shops
Great
Assistant Manager/Leasing Director (257) Units (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2017
The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement “It's definitely a hidden gem
Incompetent Management, Tension-filled team, poor communication
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 9, 2016
The Managers put in place completely altered the strong system and team that that we had built while working under CA Ventures, LLC. Very difficult to communicate with managers, and strong lack on transparency and communication from their end. Dreaded going to work every day.
Pros
Discounted rent for my apartment
Cons
Short breaks, communication, team chemistry
Productive and fun workplace
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
In the office an employee can expect to deal with slow and quiet days or extremely hectic days assisting new, old, and prospective residents. At Cardinal Group Management, I learned how to conduct group tours effectively and not only that, but I learned quick recovery maintenance solutions to remedy overflowing toilets, stopped up inks, and dead batteries to electronic key systems.

For the most part, management was okay. They really expect you to handle everything with little to no supervision, which isn't bad, but when you have a serious question that takes about three seconds to answer, it gets a bit frustrating when you can't get an answer from a busy manager so you have no choice but to wing it on your own or ask a trusted coworker for a great deal of help. This essentially lead to strong camaraderie with your coworkers.

The hardest part about the job is thinking of a million ways to handle each complaining resident. Having patience comes easy with practice, but too many threats and complaints from dissatisfied people can become overwhelming. However, the genuine friendships and the events you all throw for the residents is the most fun part of the job.
Pros
Fun events; awesome benefits
Cons
little work life balance
Great Place to work, learn and grow.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 26, 2016
I learned a lot working for Cardinal Group Management. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help and answer any questions you may have. We always work as a team and are very proud of the success we have had.
Knowledgable experience in property management
Assistant Community Manager-College Town Tucson (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2016
As the Assistant Community Manager at College Town Tucson, for Cardinal Group Management I have knowledgable experience in the property management industry primarily focused in off campus student housing. Strong deliverance in fair housing knowledge, yardi voyager, entrata leasing software, collections, delinquency, legal documents, accounting, monthly financial collection, AR reports, variance reports, customer service, escalations.

During the transition of our new Community Manager to another, I gained experience in multiple CM tasks such as assigned managerial reports, budget reading, turn manual, turn board for student housing.

Cardinal Group Management is a great company! However, I am pursuing further growth in the property management industry.
Pros
Great Company Culture
Cons
Limited growth
IT intern
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2016
Do not apply for there IT intern job as it is all bad!! They will lead you on saying they will hire you and then not and also what they are doing with this position is illegal as I am in the process already with a complaint. This position in unpaid and they will just use you for free labor. there are guidelines they need to follow in order for this to be legal and they can t receive any benefit that an unpaid intern does and I did all there help desk tickets.
Pros
Cons
taking advantage
Productive and Efficient Environment
Leasing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 18, 2016
I have learned a great deal with Cardinal group Management about the apartment industry. In particular I have learned about student housing and the actions it takes to keep residents pleased and a property running. I believe that while I am learning more I would like to expand into conventional leasing. It seems that there is a great deal more to learn and something that I can grow with.
Pros
Great Staff, Location, and Opportunity to learn new skills.
Management cheats you out of your commission, time and other important aspects of leasing
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 25, 2016
This company needs to go back to doing business in Denver ONLY. Not just one property in MN but several others in other states.

If you don't believe it, just look at the other bad reviews, on this site and others too. Let the truth be told. The property is full of bed bugs, roaches and mice. Licensing is not up to par, fire extinguishers were not working in fact they were not even in the cases because most of them were broke. They don't care about the resident's and are not passing the city requirements. All past employees see this company as MONEY hungry people. I read an review from someone that even states; the corporate office doesn't care and quote: "a bunch of party animals". Like it or not, this company won't be in MN much longer because their culture doesn't belong here. Residents of the Richfield property need to take serious action against the owners and the property management company. It's a shame how they are being treated, reach out to government officials and local news, IT'S YOUR RIGHT AS A TENANT.
Management doesnt care cheats you out of bonus
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 16, 2016
The worst place to in Richfield don't go they have bed bugs and roaches and there won't even meet with the residents at all and the one leasing agent that's there is rude and mean just awful they don't care about fixing up the place all they care about is money not trying to help and they treated there employee like they are nothing work them over and then doesn't give them there commission that they made full wow not a good company at all run don't walk run don't apply here you will regret it!
Pros
Cons
You never get lunch you will never get you commissions at all
Good company!
Resident Relations Manager (Westmar Student Lofts) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
This organization is okay to work for but it has poor upper management. The staff is a mix of old and new and there can be conflict.
Young Growing Company
LEASING & MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2015
Cardinal Group Management based out of Denver, CO is a growing property management company. While the management still has a few technical issues to work through, their passion to be the best is always visible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Group. Our community is ready to answer.