Cardinal Health Corporation

Cardinal Health Corporation Employer Reviews

Ugh
Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: easy walk from the parking lot
Cons: human resources, executive leadership
There is no work life balance... Typical work day was arriving at 7 AM and leaving at 6 PM to go home to eat dinner then firing up the laptop to work from 9 PM to midnight. Hundreds of co-workers were online late. It was considered normal. Gave the company 100+ hour weeks for years with no job security.

Work hard and the company is big enough for advancement – more... from entry level associate to mid-level manager. Tough to advance beyond mid-level manager.

They stress culture and values, but much of it is lip service for the board room. No credit is given for high employee satisfaction scores year in and year out (building positive culture within a team), but HR is quick to react to anonymous HR hotline calls and wild goose chases.

Executive management is focused on the big year end bonus checks. They don't care about the customers or the mid-level managers -- only the ones that will help them look good in the board room with the other executives. When the fiscal year is not going to meet projections, headcount quickly becomes just another another expense line. They forget employees have names and families and treat them like office supplies and shipping expenses. There are a few exceptions, but unfortunately only a few.

Corporate workout facility is nice if you can stand the glares from executives and overzealous co-workers when you try to workout there. – less
Researching for my university class
Course on Operation Management (Former Employee), PRMarch 7, 2013
I didnt have the enough time to see the more of how is a day working there beacuse I was there for a research for one of my college classes but what I could see was an expericed workforce and a great team of people who really help us out on the research