Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Employer Reviews

It was okay
Positron Emission Tomography Technician (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIJuly 21, 2014
Theres no where to go in the company. The management doesn't listen. It pays well but wasn't worth it.
great job
Associate (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 20, 2014
typical day at work consists of unloading packages and using operating lifting machines to reach other higher loads.
Productive and Hardworkers
Material Handler II (Receiver/Stocker) (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 19, 2014
Work environment is full of energy and motivation and varies in certain departments.Good benefits and rewards employees for good job which varies in departments.Staying focus and keeping composure may be the hardest part of job based on the different personality in the workplace.Good management that really listens to what employees have to say.Communication – more... meetings and fun gatherings are the most enjoyable part of the job.. – less
Great group of people to work for
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 17, 2014
Pros: increased activities for workers
Cons: too many requests for donations
Managed reports for hospitals and clinics worked with several Area Sales Managers. Learned about the pricing industry for the healthcare industry. Hardest part about the job was keeping up with the work overload. The best part was the challenges the job had to offer.
na
Quality Control and Driver (Current Employee), chattanoogaJuly 16, 2014
this company isn't worth my time to review as the way that workers are treated
The customers are what made my job exciting daily
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 15, 2014
Cold calling, being a one stop shop sales representative, selling Cardinal brand products/services, scheduling visits/meeting with material managers, and being a problem solver/customer service contact were my daily responsibilities.
I learned how to time manage, not take upset customers/doctors personally, and most of all how to sell.
My most enjoyable – more... part of this job would have to be my amazing customers. Building relationships with them and being their "go to" contact for anything they needed but also someone they could count on. – less
Worst place to work ever!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), ValenciaJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friends, some nice people, may be good pay.
Cons: politics, lack of respect, poor employee treatment.
I been working for this company for the past six months ( Jan 2014- July 2014) and basically Cardinal is a company that does not care for their employees. In order to get this job you must accept overtime, however, I do not recommend it for part time associates. Here is why: My situation was that because I was a part time associate they require you – more... to work overtime for everyday that you work. Unfortunately, if you live in the state of California, the law says that if you work over a period of 30 hours or more per week, the employer has to pay you full time benefits. I was working average of 32 hours per week and because of that, first they send me home for like month temporarily with no pay, no benefits and then two weeks later was fired. I was fired because they were forcing me to go full time and since I go to school to get better, they simply fire me because of that. Unfortunately, they don't explain it but you have no other choice if you want to work or not. Now you know it. :)

The quality of the supervisors that they hire are completely a bunch of . One day, I ask the question to my supervisor when freshly started, if this is going to be a full time or part time position and my supervisor told me " if you don't like it, you can go next door", as soon as he said that, the guy was fired the very next day.

The way I can describe the work environment its a completely messy. Sometimes our supervisors ask us to have orders ready in like 10 min or 15 min so. The orders get so heavy that sometimes its impossible to do, other than like 2 hours to complete the orders.The job in general, Its more like you if you going for shopping and you have cart and just put items from the shelfs base on the shopping list thats how the job is, with the exception of technology. You work with a palm scanner and the computer display you the order that you picking, the item's location, the quantity, and the item description. Normally they measure your speed, your carts that you complete and something else that I can't remember. Sometimes the noises in this place is completely tedious, stressful hard to deal with plus the entire place is dusty everywhere. You sneeze everywhere, and then you get allergies and all kind of things.

I can say the hardest thing to deal with this company is the volume of orders. Since this is a pharmaceutical, the demand increases and decreases depending on the time of the season. They basically, switch your hours and days whenever they want to and if you don't show up that day, they either suspend you or write you up as an "occurrence" as they call it. There is no really leniance or flexibility, whatever you call it, its a "Business". You have to make sacrifices for them but they can't make sacrifices for you. It's a company that really make a bunch of millions by supplying hospitals, pharmacies you name it. It does not matter if you are a good worker or a slacker coworker, they will exploit you and then trash you. Its more like a retail industry type of business model but good pay above the minimum wage average.

The people in general is just like everywhere, you meet good people and bad people. The Job in general is not hard to do, its a lot of variables that makes it difficult. I dealt with the vast majority of them except the amount hours of overtime. Its not a sin been a hard worker but its about politics like everywhere. America has become the greediest place on the planet. – less
Great place to work in smaller town
Senior Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Radcliff, KYJuly 13, 2014
Cardinal Health has some great opportunities for driven individuals but sometimes overlooks strong talent. There are lots of options if you're willing to relocate, though.

You can see that they're looking for ways to invest in their employees through online training, site additions, and benefits. No complaints about work/life balance or management.
fast paced job
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), aurora, illinoisJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: exhausting
day starts with reviews from the day before, each individual's work performance is explained, the goal of the day is addressed by the supervisor. any improvement for a fluent work is assessed by the supervisor, new ideas are asked during meetings.
Fun place to work
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILJuly 11, 2014
Taking customer orders, complaints, and at times cooking the food. Great employees!
Very Employee Minded
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 10, 2014
The company is very focused on their employees. There are a lot of great benefits for parents as well.
Productive workplace
Senior Field Service Specialist/Southeast Region (Current Employee), MultipleJuly 10, 2014
Fast paced work environment with the ability to impact patient care daily.
Excellent career opportunities, Training and job security.
Purchasing Buyer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2014
Pros: excellent career opportunities, training and job security.
Cons: working between three different locations.
Processed purchase orders and maintained product inventory. Gained tremendous experience in supply chain logistics, and helped me build strong customer service skills. Great management, strong team oriented values. Hardest part of job was working between three locations. Most enjoyable part of job, was taking on new challenges, growing in knowledge, – more... hands on experience with products, learning new Pyxis technology and working with both vendors and customers. – less
Good Place to work
Pharmaceutical Sales Account Manger (Former Employee), Cypress Creek, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: competitive compensation
Cons: n/a
It's allows a great opportunity for job hunters with relative experience in this business segment.
Fullfillment
Orderfill Associate (Former Employee), Montgomery, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits from day 1 and they are very hard to be matched anywhere else
Cons: managers aren't around when you need them
This job should give you satisfaction for completing your work as you know that it's going to hospitals and that you completing your job on time can save someone's life. Good amount of work to keep you busy, some supervisors are there for you and others are never around.
Management has no idea what their staff does all day
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJuly 6, 2014
Pros: able to wear jeans
Cons: poor mgmt
those who work are overloaded while half the dept goofs off all day; minimal training; mgmt admits they have "no idea what you do"; medical products and there are spiders, centipedes & mice running all over the office - absolutely filthy
Good Career Place, But...
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good management, great benefits, room for promotions
Cons: sub-par company organization
The company was wonderful to its employees and provides good training and support. However, I was unable to get any time off after I was promoted to a short-staffed department. Even a half-day for a doctors appointment was extremely difficult to get. The customers were very angry with us because the lack of staff affected the service. I hope they learned – more... to never put a department on the back burner. – less
Very productive answered between 150 to 200 calls a day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJuly 4, 2014
Cons: very short breaks.
very stressful place to work for.
Management not the most honest people I have ever worked.
The people who worked there where awesome.
I learned how to deal with people over the phone in good and bad situations.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Nuclear Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 3, 2014
The people are lovely to work with. The management was always a money first people second environment however.
Productivity and fun place working with the coworkers
Lead Associate, Warehouse Operations (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 2, 2014
Time is price less!!, Everyday learn something different, pay attention with every detail, work with difference culture.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cardinal Health

Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves – Read more

Cardinal Health Photos