Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,496 reviews matching the search
My perspective on Cardinal Health
Territory Sales Consultant - Distributor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 22, 2016
Great company. #2 in the World.
Decent salary at the time.
Lots & lots of organizational changes with online ordering, distribution centers, product codes, website pages, etc.
Work Life balance was horrible. In the beginning it was okay. Had many couterparts leave on account of the overhaul of changes. Leaving me to assume their accounts & mine combined.
No additional incentives provided.
Over a million possible products to account for in this Distributing role.
Pros
Good Reputation/Decent Salary
Cons
Work Life balance/Incentives for Employers to stay
a day
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2017
My shift start off from 9 am to 5 pm Monday Wednesday Friday. First thing in the morning i fill out the pyxes orders and send them out to the nursing room. I do this until 2pm and after that i fill out the doctors orders. Tuesday and Thursday i fill out the doctors orders and send them to the unit. Also every Tuesday i compound a chemo drug for the patient my responsibility is to make sure everything in order and check if any meds have been expired. Thats every Tuesday i have 5 units. I help the technicians purchase the medication orders.I help mental patients in Arizona state hospital. I was the last tech to finish so i close it up.
Pros
i love helping mental patients
Cons
time consuming
We have air conditioning
Associate II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
Work life balance doesn't exist. When you get hired on they'll tell you "yeah we can work with you if you eventually want to go". Well they won't they'd rather fore you first. The work it's a warehouse you come in and move boxes and merchandise. On the positive side we have air-conditioning and heat, also if you come in with two years or less of experience you make more than people who have been here for 5 or more years. This is the only job me and a few other people have ever received a penny raise.
Pros
Climate control and starting wage
Cons
Bad raises and no work life balance
Cannot give a positive review
IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 8, 2017
I was hired to do one job and be trained by a more experienced employee. After three months of non-existent training, which I said things about to my manager and director and they did nothing, the employee quit and our manager expected me to pick up and do the job of at the next level above where I was hired in at.
Unrealistic expectation sums up my experience. This was only in the Audit department under the IT division, I am sure the rest of the company must be better. Nice cafeterias and fitness center. And the company is very active in diversity groups and community events. So it wasn't all bad, just most of it.
Pros
Cafes and fitness center
Productive workplace and long Hours
Order Picker/Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 11, 2016
Safe working environment. Production is stressed but there in no incentive pay for how many lines that are getting picked. Long hours in steel-toe boots but you get 3 days off. Management only cares about numbers. I left because I was being harassed by one of their supervisors who I believe is know longer with the company Compensation is decent.
Pros
Safe working environment and decent benefits. Compensation could be better
Cons
Long Hours in Steel toe boots . No incentive pay.
over all a decent place to work
LPN in charge of medical records (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 13, 2017
It is a comfortable place to work the staff was easy to get along with always had what I needed to do my job. My typical day started out with getting things organized for the physicians or Nurse practioners who were coming in to see their residents. Then going to Morning Meeting with the staff and back to work filing charts and getting the information people needed.

The most enjoyable was inter acting with the residents.

Having never done medical records prior to working with Diversicare I found it to be a challenge and one I did well.

Hardest part of my job was finding out that it was over due to down sizing.
Pros
You could always find someone to help if needed
Cons
I thought i had job security but did not
I worked there 12 years
Ambulatory, Physician Account Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 23, 2016
I worked at Cardinal for 12 years. I enjoyed having the "family atmosphere" from the beginning. There were different managers brought in and ruined the company. We didn't make any money in my division and it could have been done differently. Cardinals biggest space is in Hospitals. This change of selling off the division could have been prevented if we had different leadership
Pros
Big company but family came first
Cons
Too many changes without telling the sales personnel
Great place to work love the job management sucks
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 19, 2016
I loved the job and the company management on the other hand sucks. You really have to be liked by management in order to move up. They say there's a open door policy but when you talk to someone they still all end up finding out and then indirectly say something to you. They extended my contract three times. I was there for almost a year then let me go when I was scheduled time off that day and I found out from someone else before management contacted me Management sent a text asking for my address. Then they didn't tell me what happened I was only told to contact my agency for my agency not to have the slightest clue what was going on.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management sucks
Cardinal healthcare it
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  McGaw Park, ILOctober 31, 2016
I loved my job in the IT culture. I loved the folks I worked with many who provided (and was given) a lot of friendly support. I was a trusted employee who was given a lot of latitude to perform my responsibilities.

Certain managers provided support for their employees, but too many others required unreasonable deadlines and subjected the teams to poor planning and other negative impacts. I generally felt many in management were really looking to make their MBOs versus doing the right job.
Pros
Always striving to take advantage of latest technology
Cons
Some aggressive managers
Great company to work for regarding compensation and benefits
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, NYNovember 18, 2016
Cardinal Health offers great benefits to employees and the compensation, be it salaried or hourly, is fair considering the job requirements. It is a physical job with typically long hours. Management has its issues, as with any job, but overall it's not a bad place to work
Pros
Great benefits, generally friendly co-workers
Cons
Management issues, long hours
Great people to work with in a fast pace job.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MODecember 7, 2016
Fast pace job to make time go by with three day weekends for down time. The co-worker was easy to get along with. Night supervisor was great to work for. All around good place to work at if you can keep up with the fast pace.
Pros
4 day work week with 3 days of possible over time with the third day double pay.
Cons
10 hr reg work shift with a possible 12 hr work shift day in the busy season.
Worse Job Very Little Pay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GADecember 30, 2016
This job is the worse! Long hours beyond normal 10 hours they tell you in the interview. 10 cent raises for very little to no pay. You are better off applying someplace else, so many other DC's in Buford, Atlanta, Uline starts off 3.00 more than here. Management doesn't have a clue, always changing things last minute.
Pros
Upfront PTO
Cons
short 15 min break, Long hours, low-low wages
its a vrey good place to work and having fun doing so
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 11, 2017
like working on like line making boxes getting them ready to be shipped i think hardest part of the job to me is making sure that the boxes don't stop the line up my co-workers are what made the job enjoyable
Pros
lunches no free food i wish they did hatwould be nice
Cons
the breaks are ok 15-30 breaks are good meet new people on your talk to your team
Great Company, If...
Representative II, Customer Order Management (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHNovember 10, 2016
Cardinal Health is a great company to work for if you are willing to work. This is not a company for the lazy. If you want to just get by then this is not the company for you. If you put in the work you will be recognized and rewarded. Otherwise you will go mostly unnoticed.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria, onsite gym, friendly coworkers and management
Cons
Each day is mostly the same.
Warehouse folks beware
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOOctober 20, 2016
All but one of the department manager is white, so that is a criteria to advance on this site. Projects that would show the traits needed to advance are only given to those the operations manager and director want to reward. you will hear off comment jokes about minorities and women, most warehouse workers are poor and new so managers exploit them for an amazing $11.90 per hour. Managers are mostly middle aged white men with GEDs who think they can give grown men orders, even though only one served in the military and is black. The company rathers hiring people from within because there is a limit on the amount in salary that can be increase from role to role and the more money is saved from the budget the higher the bonus for someone.
Learned a new skill in Accounts Receivables
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 13, 2016
Monday - Friday, regular work hours, 4 weeks training before learning their applications. credit card payments, find missing monies for unapplied checks. write offs, off sets, statements that take a lot of detail to submit, management were very understanding in difficult situations for complex customers. coworkers were fantastic, learning how to do macros and how they can make your work easier and faster. was learning how to take on a new skill that I had never done before.
Pros
great hours, lunches, employees, put my abilities to the test
Cons
angry customers who know that you are new at the job/job skill
Great company that is working to support customers and employees
Operations (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 14, 2016
Overall, Cardinal Health does a great job in supporting customers and developing employees. I enjoyed my time at Cardinal Health in multiple locations. I got to work with very talented individuals and felt as though my work was valued and appreciated. I was given autonomy to make improvements as well as building team relationships.

I am thankful for my time at Cardinal Health.
Cardinal is always striving to improve the customer experience
Distribution Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northern California / Sacramento to FresnoOctober 20, 2016
Wether I was working from my home office, or on the road visiting customers face to face. My job was to insure the customer was receiving correct contract pricing by working closely with manufacture. Also, making sure we delivered to the right place and on time.
Management was always very supportive. Team work was what made our Northern California group successful. The hardest part was the windshield time I spent covering a large territory. However, I really enjoyed that I had the freedom to schedule my own appointments and tasks.
I really enjoyed working with my customers. That was the best part of the job.
Pros
Worked with a great team that was always there to support you.
Cons
Lots of windshield time
Not a good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 6, 2016
Too many negative things to list. FAMILY Favoritism is rampant in this building. The same people work in the Specialty areas, the same people are stuck in picking in L1. The occurrence system is designed to keep people from gaining raises. The desperate "Paid-for-by The-employees" luncheons are another downfall. Too much overtime. We work from 5 pm - 6 or 7 am. No time to do anything but sleep and work. Will find another job soon.
Productive Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 20, 2016
- Typical Day , Going in to Deliver medical supplies to hospital units , I gained a lot of warehouse experience , management was indecisive and stood on there opinion , co - workers were in their own personal groups , the hardest part of the job was working 6 to 7 days a week and being forced to stay over time , the most enjoyable time was when my work was complete.
Pros
Bonus, over time
Cons
lack of team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.