Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Employer Reviews

Beneficial yet characteristically challenging
Contracts and Pricing Analyst/Advocate (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: medical, dental, vision, 401k match, tac team, recognition
Cons: inadequate leadership, lack of transparency and communication among leadership
My experiences at CAH varied as much as the night from the day. I had various roles within the organization, my last being in the Radcliff Contract and Pricing department as an Advocate. My day consisted of working with the Lab sales reps and the customers at the facilities ensuring the pricing in the customer's database and ours matched as much as possible, This presented a proactive approach to reducing invoicing discrepancies. Most of the time, my co-workers tried their best to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Other times, the inevitable messiness of a call center environment took control.

The best part of my job was working with the customer to ensure their contracts and pricing were in place and the customer was being invoiced correctly.

Cardinal Health constantly fed the employee, and that had a temporary means of boosting the morale in the building. We also had a great TAC team that had regularly scheduled events to assist in the morale and the outreach efforts of the KY location.

The hardest part of my job was waiting on management to realize what we needed to complete our jobs, and also seeing through the big talkers and focus on results and development. Much of the leadership staff was ill-positioned, under-trained, and/or not qualified to lead.

I enjoyed my job, just not the politics of the office leadership. My department offered remote working options to employees if it benefited the office, but would not offer the same accommodations to higher level employees to allow them to keep their jobs.
Good job
Group Leader (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: friendly coworker
Assembling custom sterile packs for hospitals . I learned leadership ,customer service,and working with 20 people in one line .Management was good.The most enjoyable part of the job was to know that this sterile pack would be use some were around the world in surgery.
Strong Organization
National Account Consultant - Ambulatory Care (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good culture and people
Cons: frequent re-organization of roles and departments
Good culture and people, but with the evolution in the Health Care space, Cardinal Health is forced to evolve with the changes. Results in department re-organizations and re-locations of roles and responsibilities.
I don't not recommend to work at cardinal
warehouse worker (Current Employee), auburn waFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: donot work in that place too much favoritism.
Some of maneger are illiterate they don't have degres some of workers has higher education than managers and supervisors benefits are ok but not good pay to much work
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: overtime hours
A typical work day at Cardinal Health was very fast paced with high production of productivity demand. I have learned to stay focused and continue to improve. Management makes job easier. Co-workers are the best. The hardest part of the job knowing that the products you process are for sick patients but also feeling good about you are apart of the healing process.
productive work environment, excellent training
Sr. Credit and Collections Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, OhioFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: excellent facility, appropriate tools
Cardinal provided very good training. It was a wonderful learning experience. Communication between departments was important and it allowed all departments to work together ultimately increased productivity and performance.
very busy and productive place to work
Warehouse associate (Current Employee), Fife, WAFebruary 14, 2015
you stay very busy and long hours and great benefits and pay as well also the mangement staff could be better in some areas and company moral is pretty good to.
good work life balance
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: balance
Cons: management
i have learned alot about the industry. they cut our sales support which sucks. the culture is great very diverse.you can move up in the company if you work hard. great national meeting trips!
Hard work. Good pay, but management mistreat all employess.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Knoxville TNFebruary 12, 2015
The job was not hard, but they made it a habit to lie for absolutely no reason. mistreated and constantly belittled you if it seemed fit.
Generally good people to work with
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits and compensation
Cons: not a workplace conducive to teamwork.
Enjoyed working for Cardinal. A few "bad apples" ruined the whole bunch. Generally good folks. Entrepreneurial spirit. Able to set own schedule; however, expectations are high and everyone is guarding their own back. Sometimes to the detriment of the company.
A company with strong core values.
Order Entry (Current Employee), Swedesboro, NJFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: working independently and in a team, learning something new everyday
Cons: i am held back due to the fact that i know the most. no room for andvancement.
A typical day at work is to open the envelopes that the Dea 222 forms come in. I seperate them and then check to make sure pertinent information is there (Name, Date, Address, LLC, and Signature). From there i type the order completely and then someone else verifies it. I then check a report and assess ordering patterns for varios hospitals/pharmacies.
average company in terms of IT professional
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Average company in terms of IT professional. Salary are not upto the mark. Work life balance is below average.
Need to improve the growth path for IT.
MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHFebruary 2, 2015
The management was helpful at times and reliable. They were very much a part of the teams they lead and held everyone accountable for their work.
Sr. Sales Consultant
Sr. Sales Consultant, Consumer Health (Current Employee), Dublin, OhioFebruary 2, 2015
•Initiated and implemented $40MM in new sales to a major national grocery chain
•Increased regional sales 8% and gross margin 15% in two years
•Negotiated supplier agreements to increase annual revenue by $182K
•Established semi-annual promotional planning events bringing regional customers and the top 25 consumer health manufacturers together to plan marketing and promotional activities
Professional Work Place
EBusiness Sr. Specialist (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: continual restructuring
I was privileged to work for a supportive manager that trusted me to do my job well and was not afraid to perform the tasks of her team when needed.
Easy going people, fun and same supervisor on the floor everyday
Box Maker (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: always had morning and evening food/snacks
Cons: long hours that were exteneded at the very last notice
Cardinal Health was a learning experience. they worked you hard and long but tried to keep everyone's spirits up. the hardest part of the job at first was keeping up with the heavy demands while making sure everything else is running smoothly while some co-workers went on their breaks. What I liked the most were the Co-workers, they made the job less stressful and the seniors really helped out with advice on how to do things that's quick but safe and sufficient.
Wonderful company
Team Leader- Pharmaceutical Order Mgmt/RT/DOD/MAYO (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great work schedule and compensation
Enjoyed being an employee of Cardinal Health. Great work environment, with wonderful coworkers. Management gives staff tools to succeed.
Productive and Fun Work Invironment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: possibility of outsourcing
Cardinal Health was a great place to work and they were always involved in the community. The management staff always had an open door and was always understanding. They are a very customer driven company, providing the some of the best customer service in the medical field.
Strong Over-achiever with excellent customer service and management skills
Associate II (Former Employee), Madison, MSJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: employees heard but not ever taken serious, the ones who really are there for more than a check but a stable career
A typical day at work for me would be to speak to everyone and ask them about their weekend, or their day past. Encourage and empower them to push no matter what.
I have learned people need stability no matter the condition, but the truth helps to empower people for that the next level of their life may become, because they are prepared mentally. Management miss the mark at times when not concerned or connected to their employees. We all labor and regardless of corporate, people are who the voices, faces, of what is considered to be real advertisment. Why because of the truth. It is exemplified in so many ways.
Hardest part of the job is to know that you as a person do not matter, only your labor. But without a healthy you, how can your best be given, if people tend to miss what makes you come to work, and why you are really there. It is often the ones that leave that really want to be there, but were never really challenged in their best being put forward due to neglect.
Being able to know that no matter the challenges, I maintained balance in creating the atmosphere for a positive flow of what should be expected of me to completing my job in order to move to the next day.
Great Company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great copany
Cons: pay less than industry average
Great big fortune 500 company. Many people and moving parts, not sure if I still know all of the divisions of CAH but its a great place to be for job security.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cardinal Health

Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves – Read more

Cardinal Health Photos