Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Decent place
Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IL 60085February 8, 2018
Job security is a problem at Cardinal. You never know when your job will be eliminated. Decent management, poor health benefits, liked the corporate work environment, but salaries are low and job security is nonexistent.
Wouldn’t work here for long
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHFebruary 7, 2018
They could treat there workers a lot better and give better benefits for the temps it’s a competitive position and very stressful and getting appreciated in this company is very hard
Company Review
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
Cardinal health is a traditional workplace culture and environment. The people are by and large great and make working at Cardinal enjoyable. The industry is competitive and cutthroat. Sometimes Cardinal is slow to innovate and change, but by and large the people are always willing to do right by our customers and are respectful of their co-workers. The pay at Cardinal Health isn't as great as other companies in the industry, but the benefits (i.e. PTO, Health Benefits, 401K) are very strong
Fast Paced, Demanding Compliance
cGMP Management /PET Imaging Agents (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Extreme level of teamwork required for successful release of multiple batches of injectable radio-pharmaceuticals on a 7day /18 hr per day basis. Stressful periodic FDA Site Reviews.
Great corporate culture, but like many corporations, slow to the move!
Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2018
I was part of customer services and I have to say that from my personal experience, like in many cases, the love and hate you have for the job comes with the manager. My manager was GREAT. He was understanding, but always stayed on top of things. I would follow him to fire.
Management changes - jobs being outsourced
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  McGaw Park, ILFebruary 6, 2018
They recently sent an entire department to Manilla as well as a customer service department. They also have corporate headquarters in Dublin, OH, and an office in Chicago, IL.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Many jobs being sent elsewhere
Sales Consultant Review
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 6, 2018
The culture is very collaborative and open. The management all the way up to the top is very supportive and caring about the individuals that work in there company.
not fun
Picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Elm Grove, WVFebruary 5, 2018
everythhing you do is about production and not making errors. 8.25 an hour barely makes ends meet unless you collect welfare or have no bills, good place for student
very customer focused
Inventory Manager/Profiler (Current Employee) –  Champlin, MN 55316February 5, 2018
The company is continually growing and currently is struggling with finding good candidates to fill the open positions. Cardinal strives to make sure that they provide the best service to our customers. It can be a struggle for the employees when there are many new hires to get them up st speed and this causes overtime which is hard on balancing life and work.
Fun, fast paced place
Radiation Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2018
The place is fun and they often provide food for the employees. The pace can be stressful if you are not used to the environment, but people adjust and learn to work at the pace.
Pros
great PTO
Cons
can be a bit stressful

Want to know more about Cardinal Health?

Ask a question
Loved it!
Shipping and Receiving/ Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 5, 2018
great place with great people. Must be able to keep up a good energy and work pace. The managers are very kind. Their policies are pretty laid back so its low stress.
Great company to work for
Inbound Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I enjoyed working here and was sad to have been laid off while entering my 5th year with the company. Had I not been laid off, I would still be working there and entering into my 16th year. I was sad to go.
stressful job with no advancement
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2018
has no advancement or benefits to grow with the company. Manager Micromanages workers to the point of making a stressful work environment. low moral between workrs.
Its okay if you can play the game
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2018
CAH is an okay company but the management can definitely use some improvement. The benefits have their highlights but definitely disappointing with some of the pending changes starting next year and with what was removed for retirees this year (no retiree insurance options),
Pros
good people to work with, many employee activities, generous paid time off
Cons
insurance plans keep going downhill, no benefits at retirement any longer, management can definitely improve
Just as any place of employent u go to provide help with customers company growth
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Very fast paced continuous inbound calls, Just wanted to get in and assist as many customers as possible. The better assistance provided to the customer makes the atmosphere better to adhere. Be supportive and open minded to learning
Pros
bonuses
Fast-Paced & Ever-Growing
Lead Pharmacy Technician and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 2, 2018
The typical day at work revolved around improving the quality of healthcare for our patients and providing them with their medications in a friendly, but timely manner. I learned a lot about 340b and its impact on our patient's financial burdens. The management at Cardinal Health has been nothing but phenomenal. They have always taken the time to answer all of my questions and have given me room to grow as an employee in my field. The workplace culture is inviting and diverse. I would recommend this company to anyone. The hardest part of the job is being able to keep up with the inventory policies that are consistently changing. It was difficult to find a balance on how and what drugs to order as well as through what vendor. The most delightful part of my job was to help alleviate some of the financial hardships our lower income and uninsured patients experience on a daily basis. We are able to build a natural rapport with our patients to the extent that they feel less like strangers, and more like family.
Pros
Great benefits, reasonable pay, excellent management
Cons
Lack of career advancement, unpredictability
Fast pace and always being moved to a different spot.
Shipping and Receiving/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2018
You would be at the assembly line then be packing, then wrapping pallets. You never had a title of what you where. Moving up was hard because it required more schooling and money.
Pros
Every week was a raffle to get gift cards of restaurants.
Cons
Some employees would not pick up the slack of working.
culture of bureaucracy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 31, 2018
more time spent on the process than the results. Leadership was not particularly interested in development, only its own self-interest. When spun off to CareFusion, things were better in terms of culture, though the organization had significant deficiencies in accounting, often resulting in underpayment and lack of recognition for earned results. Once acquired by BD, things went from bad to worse...horrible actually. It is incredible that BD has lasted over a 120 year with the poor leadership, nepotism, underpaying, under-valuing of employees. I would not recommend it to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
solid company--with scale comes access
Cons
too many to list, but several in summary above. Poor leadership at the top of the list. Very self-interested.
wnderful place to be apart of
SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 31, 2018
from the time I walked into the building, I was greeted with kindness and made to feel at home. the job is a face pace environment. but they give you time to grow into the positionn
Productivity and fun workplace
Inventory Processor (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 30, 2018
We are having huddle every morning before work to discuss issues from the previous day. We communicate a lot not independent driven. Teamwork is the key of our daily performance.
Pros
We have free lunches twice a twice a week.
Cons
Sometimes, we have meetings in breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.