Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,029 reviews matching the search
Productive Work Enviorment
Case Manager Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILAugust 12, 2013
During my time at Cardinal Health I enjoyed the diverse background of all employees. Most of all I enjoyed the work ethics of fellow colleagues and upper management. Pushing day to day to make sure patients were taken care of was a superior goal. The team work illustrated was phenomenal and served to be daily motivation. Although there were walls and barriers in getting some thing done, you are never far from getting the right tools to break through that very situation. Training was superb and very informal having the basics you need to fill your job description was the over all goal. The highlight for me I would have to say is the common goal of putting the patients first and the support and acceptance of being a new employee. At Cardinal you are never far away from home because that's the way they make you feel.
Pros
free lunch majority of the time
Cons
time is of essence
One of the industry leaders in Health Care Medical Products & Services
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 27, 2014
Cardinal has was a great company to work for over the past 15 years. I have hire many employees over the years, and mentored many young men and women during those years to become better employees, and productive member of society. I have worked with some of the most talented sales reps that the industry has to offer, and have many fond memories of satisfying the needs of the hospitals and clinics that we supported. I will miss all of my co-workers, drivers, sales reps, office staff, Baxter employees, LTL drivers, and the many friends at all levels that I had the pleasure of working with the last 15 years.
Pros
industry leader, great benifits, decent pay, awsome pto package, lss culture
Cons
company is starting to run too lean, and often have to force inventory in dc to meet demand causing excessive overtime with inbound team, long hours
Interatcive place to get a start in the medicine field
Pharmaceutical Warehouse Picker-Packer Associate (Current Employee) –  TNDecember 15, 2015
I've been working at Carinal Health now since August and it's been a great opportunity to learn about medicne. Typically the day begins like any normal day at a warehouse, having a meeting to talk about the day before and the production of it, then strtching to keep your muscles and tendons limber. you never know the end of shift time which we are made aware of at the hiring date. People there are very welcoming and inviting. The hardest part of working at Cardinal in the repeative movemnts on the shoulders from packing big items,and pulling the tape guns to seal up the packages. I have no complaints about this comany, it's like a huge family outside of your home.
Pros
Plenty time off
Cons
You never know what time the next day starts or ends
I really enjoyed working at Cardinal over the last 15 years
Implementations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 26, 2014
A typical day at work with Cardinal Health was being on conference calls with the field team, GPO's and customer's. Always learning how to deal with different personalities and being able to accomodate them all. Dealing with management I've learned to quickly adapt to an ever changing environment. My co-workers constantly challenge me to be the very best every day. The hardest part of the job was system issues. If they system wasn't working properly it was very difficult to do my job as everything was ran thru the system. The most enjoyable part of my job is at the end of the day knowing that I helped my customers get their product at the right price the first time. Knowing that my internal and external teams are satified and have everything that they need to provide excellent customer service.
My boss was great! He mentored me to grow professional.
Sales/Merchandising consultant (Former Employee) –  I traveled through MD, NJ, NY, DC, VAMay 10, 2013
Most enjoyable parts were my coworkers, I gained so much knowledge from my boss. I also enjoyed our regional meetings. We were always treated very well at the meetings. We went to see a show in NY, went out for nice dinners, and stayed in beautiful hotels. The rest of management was not truthful and taking actions which were against our code of conduct. This was one of the main reasons I left.

Hardest part of my job was the extent of driving. I don't mine traveling but 8 hours round trip in one day is a challenge.
Pros
traveled to various locations i had never been. great job for just graduating.
Cons
i could be gone all week and possibly even having to leave on sunday afternoons.
A wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 8, 2013
Cardinal is a wonderful company to work for. Although there are many departments and services Cardinal offers, I worked for the Customer service department assisting Pharmacist in ordering medications that were out of stock and needed for their customers.
Everyone in this department wanted to see their fellow co-worker succeed and would help in anyway. Management is always looking out for their employees and giving them the opportunities to move up in the company.
I loved working with the pharmacist and assisting them with any problems or concerns they may have with medications that may have been on back order and always keeping them updated on release date and following up with the quanity they may need.
Working for this company is what sparked my interest in working for the health care industry.
Pros
long work days the company offered free chair massages, free lunches for the employees that stayed to finish the project.
Cons
they moved this department out of nj and consolidated with another office in a different state.
Waste of time, perfect job if you just need temp work/experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2015
This is the perfect job if you are just starting out and want to get some experience under your belt. When you apply and get the job (which you will because the turnover rate is so high since the job sucks so bad) DO NOT STOP APPLYING ELSEWHERE. You don't want to get trapped at this job because you will be tried on a daily basis ethically and will have to decide between money or happiness! If you do get sucked in I can tell you from personal experience, trying to go above and beyond for this company is added stress to yourself with little or no reward! Don't....just don't.

Management consists of a people who got their jobs by default (no one qualified was sane enough to take the job) so don't expect any real support.
Benefits
Cons
Management, is, a, joke!
Fast Paced and Productive.
QC Technician/Dispatcher/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2015
My typical day at work varies depending on the day it can be very busy and productive and fast paced or it could be slow but can be a productive day. What i have learned working for Cardinal Health is how to manage my own time and how to become a self starter and most of all how to manage others. The management at Cardinal Health is very wonderful and they take great care of there staff when a problem arises. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with the loss of a fellow co-worker it really hit is all very hard because we are all like a big family we look out for one another and help each other out when we need help. The most enjoyable part of my job is the lunch parties that we have at Cardinal health because depending on the day or the mood our lunch varies one day it could be pizza or it could be catered from a restaurant like On The Border or Buca De Pepo.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Best job ever, wish I was still there.
Driver / CSA (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 8, 2015
Driving for Cardinal Nuclear pharmacy was a good job. I liked it. I made a mistake with a customer and they gave me another chance. Not many companies will do that. I would go back to work for them in an instant if I could. I left in June 2015.

The pay was not great, but was consistent. The hours were tolerable. Weekend work was early in the day and rather enjoyable for a little extra pay each month.

Most of the people were good to work with. There are always exceptions. Flowood pharmacy is no different than any place else.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with declining morale as we continually lost customers to our competitors. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were busy. The day passed quickly.
Pros
Consistent pay
Cons
Low pay, hours, on call, weekends
Active in the community. Equal opportunity employer
VA Governement Senior Customer Service Management (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARMarch 13, 2015
On a typical day at work I handle several accounts, maintaining a high service level expectation. Sending excel formatted reports for customer convenience, & handle email requests to resolve customer concerns.

I've learned a great deal on how to adapt to multiple situations, & handle difficult obstacles keep a healthy business relationship with the customer.

Management does a great job with the development of their employees to influence growth in the professional field.

My team is a great group of individuals with the same positive & hands on mentally that I look for to keeping a pleasant work atmosphere.

The hardest part of my job is handling an Emergency patient need (critical care needed without proper medical supplies).

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to participate in the community service activities with the AAN & Equality Network.
Productive and Fun place to work. Knowlegdeable to medical supplies.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 31, 2014
A typical work day would be me coming in santizing myself and putting on lab coats as follows to inspecting and packing medical supplies so they can be shipped to different hospitals in the U.S. Management taught me a lot as far as how important my job prior to shipping the supplies.My job basically distinguish the difference between a healthy inspection. Its like me having someone else's life in my hands like im inspecting the next item that will be use for and open heart surgery or delivery a baby. My co- workers were very helpful. There really wasnt any hard part of my job. The most enjoyable part of the day was when we met our goals of the day.
Pros
catered lunch, benefits, great pay
not bad company just poor management
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSOctober 2, 2015
i learned alot at cardinal health and a value my time there. but in resent years there the management that's in place right now have they're on agenda. they talk about the employees with the most years like we didn't earn our salaries at least that's what the manager told one of the employees and so he has been picking us off one by one with me being the latest on his list. other than management the company itself is a good overall company and the benefits were great. I loved being a lead and i loved working the people and i will miss the friendships there and i loved helping our customers and knowing that the medicine i was sending out was getting to people who really needed it.
Pros
people and feeling that your doing something important
Cons
management
Great place to work for someone whis looking for great benefits and kind people.
Data Entry/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 8, 2013
Cardinal Health offers incredible health benefits, they pay for you to go to college up to $5,200 a school year, you start off with 19 days of PTO automatically when you are hired. My coworkers are great, and the management team is definitely one of the best I've ever worked for. I have worked at Cardinal for over 2 1/2 years and the only reason I am leaving is because we relocated, otherwise I would definitely still be there. This company cares about it's employees, that's something you don't find much nowadays.
Pros
birthday lunches, ac in warehouse, opportunities to advance, fun days for the employees, company picnics at the shore.
Cons
long hours, overnight shift is hard when you have a family
Decent place to work with good local management team
Quality and Inventory Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 14, 2013
I am grateful for what I have learned in data analysis and the experience I have gained with MS Access. I have also learned far more Lean Six Sigma techniques working at Cardinal that can be applied in many different aspects both at work and in my home life.

Cardinal offers a very good benefit program that is highlighted by a world class PTO (paid time off) program.

One of the most challenging aspects is balancing the departmental duties along with the extracurricular activities such as the LSS demands and the EHS demands. But in doing so it has benefitted my own development and made me a far more well rounded supervisor.
Pros
game room, world class time off program
Cons
very large company. sort of sterile corporate culture
I liked all the volunteer activities and fundraisers for various organizations.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 31, 2013
I would load contracts into the computer for Vendors with sometimes up to a million products at a time. I was trained for 3 months on how to load contracts in a certain way that when I came out training it was decided that they would put me in Special Projects and give me special vendors that would be loaded completely different. I would correspond with my vendors to insure there contracts were correct. I also would handle rebate discrepancies and do research to find out why there rebates werent paid. I created a guide in Business Objects on how to do this. I worked with a great bunch including management that was always willing to listen to our opions and give us feedback in a positive way.
Pros
i love staying busy and this job certainly did that for me.
Cons
there were no cons it was a great place to work.
Horrid place to work at
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 16, 2014
Typical day at work involves coming in the afternoon to find out it's gonna be a late night (every night) and well you're already behind. You actually learn quite a lot about how hospitals are shifting to a new supply chain and just the general workings of the healthcare industry. Management is very obstinate and will lash out towards any signs of speaking up. Coworkers are usually moody probably because it's night shift and everyone always works long hours. Hardest part of the job is favoritism and the long hours. The enjoyable part of the job was how two days out of the week you didn't work much but boy did you make up for it on the other days.
Pros
frequent free lunches, a lot of pto, free gym
Cons
long hours, working weekends and holidays, bad work atmosphere
Fast past, team oreinted.
Medical Receivables Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill , SCOctober 20, 2013
A typically day consist of checking product labels, and making sure products are in there correct place for pickers. I learned how important inventory control is for a corporation to function properly. We are in close quarters with our team leads and supervisors. But we are left unsupervised on semi-regular basis. My co-workers are mostly team players. Many of them go out the way to help each other. The hardest part of my job is having to is dealing with a lot different personally. It can be difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a task through til the end. It's a rewarding feeling.
Pros
appriciated by employer, good benifits.
Cons
hard to move up in company.
THE BEST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD!!!
Senior Recruiter/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh/RTP, NCJune 21, 2012
I worked as a contract recruiter for Cardinal Health. I supported the location in Raleigh (contract manufacturing) and RTP (R&D) plus Philadephia and Illinois location.

The work was hard, the number of requisitions I had to fill was off the charts (over 150) but my co-workers and management was the BEST! I was able to set in place a recruitment process which got the jobs filled quickly and with the "cream of the crop" employees. The managers trusted my judgement in hiring and that made the process even easier. We all worked well together, we all cared about our facility and the people we hired. I always felt like I was responsible for putting a working family together and we all suceeded over and over again.
Pros
great work environment on all levels
Cons
our division was sold to a private equity firm and we were all laid off.
Cardinal was a good professional place to work
Business Applications Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 4, 2012
The typical day is provisioning our user’s accounts which might involve a call or e-mail to the user to verify and or clarify the case. The goal is to keep the cases within the service level agreement and to do as many as possible correctly the first time. The hardest part of the job is not knowing how to process a particular case, but with the help of co-workers the situation is under control.
Management kept the staff informed of what was expected and provided an environment to get the job completed. At the end of the day it is all about the numbers especially when you meet or exceed the average case load for the day/week or month correctly.
Pros
management treated you as an adult
Cons
the lunch room food prices is a little high
Decent place to work
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOAugust 26, 2013
The start of shift begins with a group meeting to discuss any challenges of the shift. There are many areas of that require attn. to detail that you may be trained in on the fly to finish the days work. Breaks are staggered to keep peoples on the floor as much as needed for drivers or direction. Supervisors show up if there is a problem,otherwise your left to work. Some co-workers will work hard to get things done on time while other will take time to get overtime as they see fit. The most enjoyable part is knowing that your helping people get what they need to stay alive .
Pros
nice break room and break every 2 hous or so
Cons
poor management, sub-par software and outdated equipment