Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Very good and healthy Work culture
ETL/DataStage Lead (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 18, 2017
Very good and healthy Work culture.
I have learned Open source tools like Talend and Cloud-based service like AWS.
Management was good and happy to help.
Fast paced company which is always changing.
Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioOctober 18, 2017
I work between 8-10 hours a day more on the side of 8 though. There is a lot of opportunity to move up and around to different departments. The health benefits as well as the PTO benefits are pretty good. Generally speaking the culture is fun but also focused when necessary, every department is different though.
Leader in the Health Industry
Nuclear Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 18, 2017
Shift starts at 2am for 8 hours. Job consists of compounding radio pharmaceuticals and dispensing individual doses. Became certified as an Authorized User for a nuclear pharmacy. Excellent teamwork environment. Medium to poor management. Enjoy the shift. Do not enjoy when we do not have enough radioactivity to supply all customers
Productive and fun workplace with great benefits
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work at Cardinal Health is a quick pace and balanced environment due to the work load that is required of the employees. For example, you must complete a particular amount of orders every night because these are the orders that the company has received from their consumers.
Productive workplace.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PA 19079October 17, 2017
Very professional workplace with specific operating guidelines and policies due to the nature of the business. The Pharmacist in the labs are very dedicated.
had a very nice cafeteria room equipped with a large screen TV
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYOctober 17, 2017
good benefits, except for health coverage..poor health ins. carrier. Employee personnel was diversified. Some language barriers exist in communication. The work tasks were not hard. The hours varried, no one was released from the shift until everyone had their work load complete for the night and truck trailers were loaded. Good pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
inconsistent working hours, language communication issues
Sales Analyst and Inventory Mgmt Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 17, 2017
Open atmosphere for interactivity with colleagues. Opportunities to advance. Fast paced and friendly. Easy access to management. Open communication encouraged.
Pros
PTO starts at 19 days.
Cons
Lack of easy electronic file location and access to procedures
Changes in healthcare
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 17, 2017
Changes in healthcare and concern for the bottom line prompted Cardinal to outsource accounts receivables, which resulted in the displacement and job loss in their financial shared services group in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Pros
Better than average benefits
Cons
Mobility or promotability is hinged upon who you know.
Great Company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
Awesome company to work for!!! Little work life balance however. Great pay and advancement opportunities. Great benefits package. Very innovative company.
na
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, AROctober 13, 2017
very stressful work atmosphere, you are working with doctors and selling medical equipment that are saving peoples lives and its very critical that orders are correct.
Rewarding Place to Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 13, 2017
Rewarding, challenging and all around enjoyable place to work. Great work life balance, supportive management and great development and advancement opportunities.
Cardinal Health all about money
Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 13, 2017
It was a great place to work until Corporate decided to send our jobs offshore. I worked there for 17 years and then they made the decision to save money by sending our jobs offshore and making us train our replacements for over a year. I want to work for a company that cares more about their employees and less about putting money in their corporate leader's pockets.
Good Place to work and great team
IT Quality Control & Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 12, 2017
Open environment where all information is available to employees and there is a sharing and caring mentality . Really like the people and culture. The location is great and I am challenged.
Great place to work.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PROctober 12, 2017
The people and the management are very accessible. I leave the job because my husband was relocate to US, but I wished to stay at Cardinal. highly recommended
Pros
Good Benefits, excellent health insurance plan
Fun place to work
Sr. Coordinator (Benefit Investigator) (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 12, 2017
Great staff. I enjoyed my time there however many on going changes within mangement and culture. Business was getting slow but I heard many new potential new clients coming onboard.
Not a good company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2017
Being held at work after all work is completed, management is terrible, risk of losing your job if you go against management, lack of care for employees health, lack of training for managers and leads, being treated and talked to like a child, freedom of speech taken away, fear of losing your job if you state something or even ask a question that management doesn't agree with
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 11, 2017
great place. I enjoy working with my fellow co-workers and enjoy working from home. My manager is great and my supervisor is very helpful. The moral is down at times.
Pros
great pay, great manager
Cons
no advancement for nurses
Disappointed
Manager, Customer Service Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
New employees (management) are required to figure processes / procedures out on their own; however, I learned a great deal about their products and services offered through research and client visits and business reviews.

Management guidance / direction was scarce; the culture is very difficult, not friendly or empowering. The hardest part of the job was not being the same page with other management leaders and not knowing which management team was coming into work or when they were scheduled for PTO. There was a lack of communication and clarity.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the sole patient focus the team provides. A typical call center focuses on call handle time but not here. The team actually has the opportunity to make a great impact on each and customer they spoke to over the phone.
Pros
Compassionate and Patient Centered Customer Service Staff
Cons
Lack of communication from Senior Leadership
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2017
This was a good place to work. Fast paced, typical call center environment. Consistent manger/supervisor. No advancement. Good pay and benefits with this employer.
Pros
Consistent
Cons
No advancement
Reactive approach cost reps many long term accounts.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 9, 2017
I was with RGH Enterprise a Subsidiary of Cardinal, was this acquisition took place, my opinion dramatically change.
Poor Leadership throughout the company, they acknowledged what the problem were but did nothing to fix them.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Reactive not Proactive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.