Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Scheduler (Admissions Representative)
Outpatient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 16, 2016
Unless you want to be a puppet, do not work here. You are not allowed to speak up & question anything or you will be "toxic" and "intimidating" to management. Even when it comes to patient needs, if you speak up, you will be a target for management. When this company used to be Cardinal Hill it was an AMAZING company. The focus was the patient. Now it is all about the mighty dollar. Now that HealthSouth bought it out, the patients are just a dollar sign to them. They don't care about quality of care, they only care about the quantity of patients served in a day. Serving those as inpatients rolled up ham as a meat for dinner because they have ran out of food or shifts of employees (nurses) walking out because of management not listening to their needs to insure patient care is above standards. Leaving 1 nursing aid to 12 patients while RN staff sit back because "it's beneath them" and the patient's dignity suffers; but let's not let the patient or family know we are understaffed. We need to have positive attitudes, attentive listening and timely responses to call lights but make sure you don't take a break because RN's need their break first. It's hard holding down a chair watching CNA staff bust their butt. The quality of care is disgusting. Management does not listen to you when you point out improvements needing to be made or barriers in your workflow process. Management writes employees up out of retaliation when the employee points out that the management is the barrier. Human Resource management is a joke to say the least. The stick up her butt is shoved so far up that  more... is it is popping out of the top of her head in the hideous poof she calls a hair style. If people really knew the truth about what goes on behind the scenes of this place, they would go elsewhere. Thank God UK is starting up an outpatient neurological therapy department. So those with strokes, Parkinson's, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries or anything neurological will have an option to go someplace else. Therapists from Cardinal Hill are stressed out beyond belief because their hands are tied when it comes to patient care. They put in their hours each day, then go home and do hours of documentation because they aren't given the time to properly document. Therefore, their family suffers lost time with a parent but management doesn't care. Some of management doesn't have kids and doesn't understand the meaning of FAMILY TIME. They feel your time is more important to the company then to your family. Many therapists will leave once UK opens up the new department. Better opportunity to serve the population in the manner the patients deserve. I wouldn't take my dog to this place to be treated for a bee sting. There is a whole unit not being used in this hospital. Why not give back? Use it to treat wounded soldiers who have brain injuries, amputations, other medical needs. Oh that's right!!! They refuse to take military benefits for outpatient therapy because the reimbursement isn't enough. By all means, lay down your life for me but hey!!! if you come back with needs, I'm sorry, your insurance won't pay me enough for us to fool with you. Your brain injury or amputation wasn't enough. Suck it up buttercup! Wait for the VA to find you a spot in 4 years.  less
Pros
Cons
The whole place is delusional when it comes to management
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2015
i enjoyed working at Cardinal Hill. The care was given as a team approach. I felt like I had great support from my fellow nurses. We provided excellent nursing care. I was especially proud of the basic bedside nursing care given. Every patient received a complete bed bath or shower every other day. It was a positive work place.
A great place to work overall!
Primary Nurse on Stroke Unit (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 25, 2015
I gained lots of skill and knowledge during the period I worked for this company. This was a med-surge floor and it was very busy. Management and co-workers were a pleasure to work with/ more like my home away from home!! I formed relationships here that I still cherish today!!!
learned alot
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 2, 2015
I have learned a lot from my co-workers and the management staff. I have improved my knowledge of the medical billing area, above and beyond myexpectations
Pros
Cons
very clicky
great placed and greatpeoples there friendly surrounding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  lexington kyAugust 26, 2015
i loved working there for an year. but then i had to moved i had an great boss she was caring and very understanding she was fair wih everyones/ the he placed was very friendly and happy oe
Pros
dont renber
Family
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 24, 2015
It was an professional experience and I will take that with me. Thank you to a knowledge and caring staff. I will miss them dearly.
Productive, Caring, Exceptional workplace enviroment
Financial Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 3, 2015
The longevity of this local based company was one of the best employers I had the privilege to be employed by. The staff, managers and clinicians had a genuine goal of the patient recovery being the top priority.
Pros
rehabilitation advances...miracle recoveries
Cons
corporate sale and change from non profit
Great Learning Experience
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 6, 2015
Great Learning Experience but does not pay their employees well.
They are non-profit so I can't really blame them however, experience does not pay the bills at home.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
pay and benefits
productive workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 19, 2015
it was my first CNA job and it helped me get started out. i helped the residents do their activities of daily living such as get their showers, brush their teeth and get dressed and undressed
Great Establishment
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Lexington KyOctober 27, 2014
A typical day here would be coming in, making sure that all staff was present, attending several meetings through out the day. Working with my staff to ensure that our customer service is met. The hardest part of the job is working under staff due to staff call-ins, but the most enjoyable part of my day is hearing the patients and customers tell my staff that they are doing a wonderful job....
Pros
rated on of the best rehabilitation hospitals
Cons
high turn over rate
productive and fun workplace
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 10, 2014
i enjoyed working here, it helped me lear a lot as i had just started out as a CNA. i loved helping out residents on a daily basis.
Great place to work!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 16, 2014
I was a nursing student while working as a CNA at Cardinal Hill Rehab Hospital. It was a great experience because I was able to utilize some skills I had previously learned from nursing school while also enhancing my knowledge by observing other staff working with patient's (esp. RN's). I worked in float pool so I worked at all units of the hospital. This was difficult at times because I was constantly working with different patient's and staff on units that were all organized differently. Though this allowed me to learn to work as a team with all the staff, effectively manage my time, and constantly remain focused on the patient to provide the highest level of care. Since this was a rehabilitation hospital, I mostly enjoyed seeing patient's conditions gradually improve throughout there stay, and I loved being a part of the team that helped them gain their independence back.
Cares greatly for patients
Home Health Medical Social Worker (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2014
CHRH provides great care to their patients. It is unfortunate that due to healthcare changes, many programs are now understaffed.
Good place and decent benefits
Customer Serivice Rep. Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 27, 2013
Great place to work the day would start off at 7 a.m. setting up the days deliveries. After that I would deal with customer calls for billing questions and any other account questions. My co-workers were great and we have a great team that works hard. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the management. They have a to have a meeting to have a meeting and it takes to long to get certain things done that could be handled much quicker. The part I love most about this job is when the customer/patient is satisfied. I love helping people and making them happy. I find that being efficient and on time with a smile on your face gets you a long way with almost everyone.
Pros
cafeteria with really good food
Cons
you work constantly and are lucky if you get a chance to eat in a day
Great place to work in the older building
Health Unit Coordinator - SCU (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 26, 2013
Admitting & discharging patients and processing other medical paperwork for patient care; Working as a team is very important; Team work provides good workflow and a nice atmosphere; Management was great in the old building; Co-Workers were good & hardworking; Helping others & finishing the required work by the end of the shift.
Pros
special events from time to time for employees.
Cons
job security, morale of staff changed with new building
ok place to work
State Registered Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KySeptember 5, 2013
Ok place to work, but the company is in the middle of going to 12hr shifts without any consideration for the workers home life, kids, or school.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington KYJuly 15, 2013
Great place for patients, but not so much for employees. Work place morale has changed. Some units have a hostile work environment fueled by unhappy managers. Down sized staff which cause more work and less help. A lot of lifting causing wear and tear on your body. Staff feels like they are disposable and underappreciated.
Unbelievable Staff
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 22, 2013
This was one of my favorite places to intern at. My co-workers made me feel very welcome. I worked with special needs and handicapped adults with occupational and recreational therapy needs.
Very rewarding place to work
Unit Clerk / Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 6, 2013
Complied patient charts
Compiled urgent transfer papers and records
Completed discharges
Completed admissions
Participated in team conferences, in services, and committees
Created daily review reports
Completed clerical duties
Orientation of staff members
Training of new staff members
Maintained accurate, careful records
Maintained charts
Observed and performed patient care
rewarding place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 10, 2013
Patient admissions were typically done by RN in the evening which was time consuming. Medications were given at several intervals throughout the evening and IV meds. Cathing, bowel care, dressing changes,and treatments were done. Monitoring of blood glucose at different interval. Placing patients in and out of bed into wheelchairs.Turnig patients and positioning. Showers and ADLs. Computerized charting done on each patient.The hardest part of job was short staffing and time consuming computerized charting.All coworkers were easy to work with except a very few.
Pros
staff worked together.
Cons
changes in schedule without choice. short staffing. breaks were not given consistently.

4.3