Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital

Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 16, 2014
I was a nursing student while working as a CNA at Cardinal Hill Rehab Hospital. It was a great experience because I was able to utilize some skills I had previously learned from nursing school while also enhancing my knowledge by observing other staff working with patient's (esp. RN's). I worked in float pool so I worked at all units of the hospital. – more... This was difficult at times because I was constantly working with different patient's and staff on units that were all organized differently. Though this allowed me to learn to work as a team with all the staff, effectively manage my time, and constantly remain focused on the patient to provide the highest level of care. Since this was a rehabilitation hospital, I mostly enjoyed seeing patient's conditions gradually improve throughout there stay, and I loved being a part of the team that helped them gain their independence back. – less
Cares greatly for patients
Home Health Medical Social Worker (PRN) (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 23, 2014
CHRH provides great care to their patients. It is unfortunate that due to healthcare changes, many programs are now understaffed.
Good place and decent benefits
Customer Serivice Rep. Account Rep (Current Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: cafeteria with really good food
Cons: you work constantly and are lucky if you get a chance to eat in a day
Great place to work the day would start off at 7 a.m. setting up the days deliveries. After that I would deal with customer calls for billing questions and any other account questions. My co-workers were great and we have a great team that works hard. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the management. They have a to have a meeting – more... to have a meeting and it takes to long to get certain things done that could be handled much quicker. The part I love most about this job is when the customer/patient is satisfied. I love helping people and making them happy. I find that being efficient and on time with a smile on your face gets you a long way with almost everyone. – less
Great place to work in the older building
Health Unit Coordinator - SCU (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: special events from time to time for employees.
Cons: job security, morale of staff changed with new building
Admitting & discharging patients and processing other medical paperwork for patient care; Working as a team is very important; Team work provides good workflow and a nice atmosphere; Management was great in the old building; Co-Workers were good & hardworking; Helping others & finishing the required work by the end of the shift.
ok place to work
State Registered Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lexington, KySeptember 5, 2013
Ok place to work, but the company is in the middle of going to 12hr shifts without any consideration for the workers home life, kids, or school.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Lexington KYJuly 15, 2013
Great place for patients, but not so much for employees. Work place morale has changed. Some units have a hostile work environment fueled by unhappy managers. Down sized staff which cause more work and less help. A lot of lifting causing wear and tear on your body. Staff feels like they are disposable and underappreciated.
Unbelievable Staff
Internship (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 22, 2013
This was one of my favorite places to intern at. My co-workers made me feel very welcome. I worked with special needs and handicapped adults with occupational and recreational therapy needs.
Very rewarding place to work
Unit Clerk / Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 6, 2013
Complied patient charts
Compiled urgent transfer papers and records
Completed discharges
Completed admissions
Participated in team conferences, in services, and committees
Created daily review reports
Completed clerical duties
Orientation of staff members
Training of new staff members
Maintained accurate, careful records
Maintained charts
Observed and – more... performed patient care – less
rewarding place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 10, 2013
Pros: staff worked together.
Cons: changes in schedule without choice. short staffing. breaks were not given consistently.
Patient admissions were typically done by RN in the evening which was time consuming. Medications were given at several intervals throughout the evening and IV meds. Cathing, bowel care, dressing changes,and treatments were done. Monitoring of blood glucose at different interval. Placing patients in and out of bed into wheelchairs.Turnig patients and – more... positioning. Showers and ADLs. Computerized charting done on each patient.The hardest part of job was short staffing and time consuming computerized charting.All coworkers were easy to work with except a very few. – less
Gratifying and enjoyable work environment with commitment to excellence.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: being a part of a team of professionals with common goals.
Cons: healthcare in general with ever-increasing demands on staff for outcomes.
Best place I ever worked even with the changes that have taken place during healthcare reform that have changed the delivery of care and staff satisfaction ratings. Encouraging management in general interested in both the outcome of treatment for the patient and the growth of the staff as well as their overall well-being.
Financial Counselor
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: working in multiple areas
Cons: contacting insurance companies
I would work in outpatient, clinic, and Admitting offices. Check in patients and verify insurance guidelines and benefits. Collect copays and schedule future appointments. Obtain insurance approval for being admitted to the hospital and providing payment requirements to the patients.
TO learn rehabilitation techniques, this is a good place to work and for patients.
State Registered Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 16, 2012
Pros: good rehab facility
Cons: high turn-over rate of nursing staff.
This is a rehabilitation hospital in full. Good rehab environment. Hardest part of job was working with lazy staff members.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: benefits start the day of employment
Cons: drive
Great place to work, I'm looking to relocate to something closer to me. Ive really enjoyed my time here.

About Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital

Amputee Program - Cardinal Hill's Amputee Program, established in 1986, serves patients who have undergone amputation of one – Read more