Cardinal Logistics Management Employee Reviews

Dispatch and Billing
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2016
• Research lanes closure and unapplied cash, Maintain Customers balance
• Location and Audit necessary documentation (Invoice, BOL, POD, Lumpers, etc.)
• Updated Excel with proper data and cost
• Dispatching/Building Loads and setting up new carriers/Tracing and Tracking arrival and departure/Negotiate Rates/Effectively accrue business from different carriers
Steve the senior manager of walbridge ohio terminal
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Walbridge, OHAugust 4, 2016
Steve of walbridge ohio was totally Worthless wasn't dedicated to the employees they only reason they hired him because he was the only one to showed up for the job .since he started everything was messed and organized i would like to come back to work but they would have to get rid of that thing .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
excellent place to work
Office Manager/Lead driver (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INJuly 30, 2016
Cardinal logistics was a great place to work, hometime, 401k, benefits ,management all good, you are most generally assigned your own truck
Pros
many
Cons
Weekly pay is never the same. Up and down every pay day. Was told 1250 gross weekly. Lie
Driver (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 6, 2016
Dont pay for inclement icy weather shutdowns.
They tell you one thing but they do another.
Management has no experience in truck driving making it hard to get the to comprehend anything related.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
They think your a robot, trucks set at 65
Big mistake
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVJanuary 20, 2016
Management is a joke. They lie to you. I came on as a team driver. I was promised more money and great miles. I only averaged 2000 miles a week. As a team? Really? I had pay problems from day 1. I asked to speak to my managers boss. Did he call? Nope. I couldn't get any help. I called corporate for 3 months and asked for someone to return my call. Did they? Nope. This company hides behind a cloud of bs. They talk a good game, but I quickly realized it was not true. Equipment isn't maintained properly. Filthy trucks. Poor management. No follow through. They have a no text, no phone, no blue tooth in truck, no calls while you're fueling policy. Yet...they call and text you all the time. Makes sense right. They hold your pay for 2 weeks. I could go for days. Make the right choice...this company isn't it.
Pros
Cons
Too much to text
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 5, 2015
Supportive management in the work place.
Last minute changes in the route that you were assigned for.
Equipment maintenance was not up to par/ takes too long for maintenance.
High pressure
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 17, 2015
No review. I do not wish to get into this as I do not feel it is professional to do so. Thank you.---------------------------------
Mehhh
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  parrot bay islandSeptember 13, 2015
Its an ok job, not too demanding. It pays the bills, so I'm not complaining. Great if you're looking for an entry level job.
Not good
PLANT Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2015
Hide the numbers of what truly goes on here put in fake numbers to make themselves look good. In the warehouse they push pallets forward to where the forklift driver cannot see very dangerous. NOT Supposed to do that!! inside the office they plan and organize the firing of certain employees because they don't like them I was part of those conversations.
Pros
I got paid very well and bonus
Cons
do not take care of the regular employees
Great place to work. Good pay and good benefits.
H.D. Supply driver (Former Employee) –  H. D. Supply in Orlando, FlJuly 16, 2015
Started work at 2 pm everyday, monday thru friday. Delivered any loads that were not delivered by the daytime drivers. Scheduled the trailers that were being loaded for the night time delivery drivers. Assigned the loads to the drivers. Helped the loaders at H. D. Supply properly load the trailers. When the drivers came in to get their loads, I took care of their paperwork. I also filed their drivers daily logs. While they were on the road I handled any break downs. At one point I had 30 drivers. Hardest part of the job was strapping flat bed trailers that hauled pipe. Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work sometimes.
Unprofessional Place to Work
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2015
The office environment is extremely toxic. It is a catty environment, the Manager's girlfriend gets promoted while others do not. Highly unprofessional environment, you will be cussed at and gossiped about. The management openly talks about employees negatively to anyone who will listen. The management thinks they are better than others. They will lie about your benefits and compensation. The turnover rate is ridiculous. People only last a couple months before quitting, no one can stand it unless you are the boss's girlfriend or her friend. Almost any job/environment is better than this place. There are no benefits or positive attributes about this company.
Pros
Cons
Low compensation, bad environment
Work Environment Toxic
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2015
This is not the company it use to be. They want you to work long nights and early mornings. If you have a family you are treated unfairly. Commission money will be taken from you by your supervisor and nothing will be done about it. If you go to HR you will be fired and you are told that. If you are half way pretty you are talked about and made fun by the bosses GF. People that have no logistical background are promoted bc they date the boss.
Absolutely Horrible!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AzJanuary 27, 2015
Don't bother with the Papa Johns delivery job in Gilbert, Az. Still running paper logs for a reason! Illegal hours of operation, no sleep on your routes and unloading the whole trailer with up to 17 stores. Drivers openly told me that it could take up to 20+ hours to fully unload the truck with 2 people. I had 8 years with the company in the Midwest and transferred to find out in three days that it was a horrible work environment.
Stay away from okc
COMPANY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  OKLAHOMA CITYJanuary 17, 2015
Dysfunctional operation. Untrustworthy. Corrupted dispatchers (accepts pay for good loads).. Company drivers often endure false accusations during difficult circumstances or error by dispatch which may result in your termination. Company equipment poorly maintained.
Pros
NONE
Cons
SEE BELOW
Cardinal Logistics Mgmt Inc
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 11, 2014
SQL management and monitoring, code review for SQL stored procedures and objects and fire control for performance, availability, and security. Automation control and management reporting.

I have learned the new technologies release with each version of SQL as they have been released and worked with the development team to change their best practices for SQL.

Management at the department level has not been hands-on or burdensome. At the site level, I think the company misses the emphasis it places on technology and replaces it with an overwhelming demand on quick completion, to the exclusion of testing and design at times.

The most difficult part of the position is the frustration in getting staff increases and assistance in the position through 2 explosive growths in business that have increased the customer base when other areas of the staff were shored up and expanded to new positions and advancement potential.

The most enjoyable part of the position is the camaraderie at the team level in and out of the office environment.
Cons
Benefits and compensation are lacking
I worked out of UNFI close to home
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 30, 2014
I was happy with my job as long as you did your job you didn`t hear from anyone. If you needed something just call .
Pros
Good location
Cons
Repairs on equipment
Good company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plainville,maAugust 5, 2013
Cardinal is a great company. I learned a lot in the 9 years I have been here. I have worn many hats, billing, dispatch, maintenance and recruiting, all challenging but all fun in their own way. We are a small office but there is a lot of experience here, always someone to turn to if needed. It is very fast paced enviroment, which is good and bad. However, my overall experience here has been good.
Pros
Good team here, hate to leave
Cons
No breaks, may break some HR rules.....
Great benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 1, 2013
Day consist of transporting products. co- workers were great to work with. hardest part of the job was being away from family too often.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no leisure time
Best company I have ever worked for. I was very disappointed to have been laid off.
Professional Driver / Dispatch / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 25, 2013
I truly wish I could have retired from this job. Management saw my potential and helped me advance. I was very disappointed to have been laid off due to downsizing.
Pros
excellent team, excellent management, great place to work
Great team, delivering value to customers every day.
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 12, 2012
I appreciated the opportunity to join their team as an outsider to the logistics business. Had great experience but trucking is a very challenging business to make a profit in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Logistics Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8