Cardinal Logistics Management

Cardinal Logistics Management Employer Reviews

I worked out of UNFI close to home
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: repairs on equipment
I was happy with my job as long as you did your job you didn`t hear from anyone. If you needed something just call .
Good company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Plainville,maAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good team here, hate to leave
Cons: no breaks, may break some hr rules.....
Cardinal is a great company. I learned a lot in the 9 years I have been here. I have worn many hats, billing, dispatch, maintenance and recruiting, all challenging but all fun in their own way. We are a small office but there is a lot of experience here, always someone to turn to if needed. It is very fast paced enviroment, which is good and bad. However, – more... my overall experience here has been good. – less
Great benefits
Driver (Former Employee), Concord, NCAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no leisure time
Day consist of transporting products. co- workers were great to work with. hardest part of the job was being away from family too often.
Best company I have ever worked for. I was very disappointed to have been laid off.
Professional Driver / Dispatch / Customer Service (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJMarch 25, 2013
Pros: excellent team, excellent management, great place to work
I truly wish I could have retired from this job. Management saw my potential and helped me advance. I was very disappointed to have been laid off due to downsizing.
Great team, delivering value to customers every day.
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee), Roswell, GADecember 12, 2012
I appreciated the opportunity to join their team as an outsider to the logistics business. Had great experience but trucking is a very challenging business to make a profit in.
independant driver for Hajoca
Driver (Former Employee), Concord, NCNovember 13, 2012
Pros: lunches everyday, weekends off. easy work
Cons: salary so it didnt mater how late i worked
It was working for Hajoca when they out sourced the driving jobs. only difference was we did no picking and no only load for the PM runs. I would get off between 11am to 3pm.
BEWARE!
Dedicated Services Delivery Driver (Current Employee), VirginiaAugust 17, 2012
Pros: home daily, nice customers, good equipment
Cons: lack of respect from management( not even a thank you), no raises, work out of town frequently(not regional like advertised), no dowtime pay to have company's equipment serviced
I'm sure not all areas are the same in Cardinal Logistics but in the Richmond and Norfolk, Va area the management doesn't know how to treat their drivers. They have been due raises for years and getting every excuse in the book why they are not receiving them. If another driver quits or calls out even when it isn't in their area they send their drivers – more... in this area to help out out even when their own area is short handed. This company is really going downhill in this area and will eventually lose all their good drivers when a good opportunity comes around. The management in this area was recently changed out and this has only taken a turn for the worse. You have to constantly watch your pay stubs to make sure you are paid accurately. I guess management is reaping all the rewards for the drivers because they are sure aren't getting anything in return. If you make driver of the month you are told you get a simple plaque in the mail and according to one of the drivers here he never received it. No surprise there! So I am warning any prospective applicants beware of this company because they will tell you anything to get you in the door and don't adhere to anything they tell you! – less

November 27, 2012

IT'S NOT JUST IN VA. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, CARDINAL USED TO BE A DECENT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. NOW IT IS HORRIBLE... EVERYTHING THAT IS POSTED IN THE ABOVE REVIEW IS SPOT ON!!! LOCAL MANAGEMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE DRIVERS AND THE CORP OFFICE PROBABLY HAS NO CLUE AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON... THE DRIVERS CANNOT SAY ANYTHING OR SUGGEST ANYTHING TO THE LOCAL MANAGERS BECAUSE IT WOULD EITHER BE A WASTE OF TIME OR THE MANAGERS / OFFICE STAFF WILL HURT THE DRIVERS ABILITY TO MAKE ANY MONEY... IT IS A SHAME WHAT CARD LOG HAS BECOME... IF YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY WORK HERE, DON'T EVER!!!!!

Unstable management that does know how to treat there drivers
Dedicated Services Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Hampton Roads, VirginiaAugust 4, 2012
Pros: pay good weekly, good equipment, nice customers
Cons: management, no down time pay for wait for service on company trucks
Benefit are average. Small operation in the area so if someone calls out it effects everybody. New Management is unprofessional, inappropriate, and shows favor to drivers he prefer. I worked there years before and I've never seen it this bad until there was a change in operations office locally.

August 17, 2012

Just wanted to add to this review and mention that the drivers in this area do not get any raises. There always seems to be some excuse for it. I agree management is rude, unprofessional, and very inconsiderate and unrespectful of the drivers in this area and their families. Management must be reaping the rewards of the drivers excellence because they aren't even hearing a thank you for their job well done! They just don't appreciate their drivers at all, sad!

November 27, 2012

THE FAVORTISM, UNPROFESSIONALISM, AND LACK OF APPRECIATION ISN'T JUST HAPPENING IN VA. WE SEE IT HERE TOO IN OUR MARKET WITH CARDINAL. IT MUST BE GOING COMPANY WIDE... SOMEONE NEEDS TO LET CORPORATE KNOW. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN THE DRIVERS TRY TO HELP OR OFFER SUGGESTIONS TO THEIR LOCAL OFFICES / MANAGEMENT THATS AS FAR AS IT GOES, USUALLY BECAUSE THE INCOMPETANT OFFICE STAFF IS AFFRAID TO ADMIT THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR JOB, WHAT THEY ARE DOING, OR WHAT THE DRIVERS ARE TALKING ABOUT! THEN IF THE DRIVERS GO ABOVE THE OFFICE STAFF AND LOCAL MGMT, THEN THE OFFICE STAFF AND LOCAL MGMT WILL MAKE IT HARD ON THE DRIVER TO EARN A LIVING, SINCE THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CONTROL AND DISPATCH THE DRIVERS.... ALL IN ALL CARDINAL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR DRIVERS, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT FAMILIES... WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT THIS COMPANY HAS BECOME...

Great place to work. excellent Company to work for
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR- WAL-MART DEDICATED P&D (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJuly 7, 2012
Loved the drivers and the management, Had alot of fun for the many years i worked there
Always productive, yearly family outings were fun.
Project/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMay 8, 2012
Pros: teamwork, character, integrity and within management group.
Cons: being on-call 24/7.
A typical work day began with checking overnight messages, emails, walking the yard and reviewing daily log sheets. I would then data input daily timesheets and set following days route information.

I learned that pay based on performance was great for truck drivers.

Management showed me their character by paying bonuses when goals were achieved and/or – more... exceeded. Other companies in my past have faltered in this area.

I worked well with all other employees and always promoted teamwork. A very good work environment.

The hardest part of the job was being on-call 24/7.

I enjoyed working with varied accounts and it gave me great pleasure having satisfied customers. – less