Cardinal McCloskey Community Services Employee Reviews

Normal productive day
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Too many chiefs and not enough indians. There is no room for growth. The big wigs like to bring in people from the outside instead of promoting on the inside.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No raise
Health Care Integrator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 11, 2017
The culture needs to be more professional. The management team is not as supportive as you would like and need it to be. Staying focused on your work is the best approach to advancing in this job.
Unstructured and unorganized work place
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 23, 2017
Even though I was terminated for an absurd reason I am not at all bias. I was dedicated worker who worked many weekends and late nights some 16 hour days never which I was compensated for. There is no structure and no support.
Pros
holidays
Cons
No support, the pay scale is grossly underpaid then many other agencies in the city
Great company
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 13, 2017
The company's employees are always in a good mood and seem to care a lot about the children and the families they serve. The agency has several locations around the Bronx as well.
Community-based program
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Glad they provide employment but hate that advancement is based upon behind kissing and nepotism. Salary is not fare, nor equal to others who do the same job. High turnover rate. Management make employees feel uncared for. 1 raise in 8 years.
Pros
Opportunity for movement between departments
Cons
Money-making program get the most attention over others
Ok job
Waiver Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 30, 2016
The job was ok, yet growth is dependent upon personal feelings. If you are cool with management you may get promoted and if not you are screwed. I would say to survive in this company stay close to managenent; remain friendly, it goes a long way.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Advancement depends on who you know or who likes you not your credentials.
great place to work at
Associate Therapist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 26, 2016
Although it is hard work being an HHA, It was fun and very knowledgable working for Cardinal McCloskey Community Services.
Awful place to work and awful what goes on there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla New YorkAugust 28, 2015
Terrible place, no moral. So sad as we are serving human lives. Everything in the agency is crooked. It's an agency where they want you to yes them to death and doing so is doing a injustice to the people we serve. Agency also has tons of financial concerns, something very unethical is going on. They don't value you as a person, treat staff terribly. Would not suggest anyone to work here if it were the last place in the world. Agency will never do what they should, no common ethics
Case Planning in Family Foster Care
Family Foster Care Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2015
Working in family foster care requires case planners to come up with a service plan with families in order to address the reason why their children came into care. Case Planners are also required to refer families for services and follow up on whether or not clients are complying with their services. Case Planners are also required to report the progress of each case to ACS and to the courts during court conferences and hearings at Family Court.
Very Flexible workplace
Wavier Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2015
I like that I work with the family's schedule and mine in order for me to provide services to their children. I learn a lot about various mental and emotional illnesses and how to effectively use skill building and planned respite in order to help families and the children cope and function in their everyday lives.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule
Cons
No breaks
Child Welfare
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 7, 2015
My time at CMCS has been a rich experience. The support provided from management to help in my professional growth is admirable. The flexibility of the agency is valued. We aim to be productive and effective with the services provided to the community and take pride in meeting/exceeding expectations.
Pros
Flexiblity, Growth Opportunities, Transparency
Cons
Compensation is not sufficient
Exciting and meaningful place to work.
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 1, 2015
Providing services for a child the family. Assist with daily community functions and documenting all services provided. I learned how to use a service summary form to document services. Everyone is welcoming and hard working individuals. The hardest part of my job would be not being able to provide the necessary services that a family requires. I enjoy seeing the smile and excitement on the child face when something was accomplished or just being excited to participate in a days of activities.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Expenses
needs improvement.
Special Medical Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 1, 2015
My over all experience was ok. I made some great relationships however there is a lot of micromanaging. i was able to make my schedule myself, that was a pro. casenotes took up a lot of time and were a bit tedious.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Professional
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 12, 2014
A very Professional and Organized work environment. Offers a lot of training and opportunity for growth.
Pros
Benefits, wage increases and job growth
Cons
short breaks, social clicks
Review
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 13, 2014
In the group home that I worked in it was quite clique. I did not enjoy working with all of the co-workers as they could be rude.
Cardinal McCloskey
Director of ERSEA Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 25, 2014
Serve as a consultant and resource to internal departments with recruitment training for Directors and staff

Assist new students with the enrollment process including advising, placement, and registration of first-time students.

Produce follow-up strategic recruitment plans for specific sites to follow for future recruitment

Work with recruitment staff to coordinate assigned recruitment strategies with those of other programs, departments, and outside agencies and organizations
a typical day at work
Part time Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work is rewarding! You will feel like you are really making a difference.
supportive work place
Waiver Service Provider (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 9, 2014
Individual supervision is provided, agency big and remaining in compliance and providing training. Very flexible in terms of scheduling your day which is wonderful for work and home life balance.
Pros
flexibiility
Cons
rate of pay.
Productive and Fun Workplace - Great Employee Benefits!
Quality Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2014
I enjoy working at CMCS; the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the children, teenagers, adults and families that we assist, serve and support.
Challenge and enjoyable
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 11, 2013
This WSP, meets with student's educational team met for his annual Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) evaluation. Counselor reported progress and the possibility to move him to 8:1 ratio setting. Counselor will continue working on social and emotional skills targeting behavioral issues with classmates (bullying is still a concern). Speech therapist (ST)) reported having difficulty working with students his age making fun of the more vulnerable ones, Student works well with small children always being a leader. Recommending twice a week; individual and group. Working on his language, social skills during group and bullying issues. Occupational Therapist is working with on his fine motor skills, writing, and coordination, she will continue working on the same goals since he is still having issues with his hand writing. Room teacher reported having difficulty and low tolerance with fractions. There is still the concern with his behavior since he continues making fun of the more vulnerable classmates. There has seen some improvement on homework, but he needs to make an effort and stay in classroom when frustrated.
Caregiver expressed her concerns with safety in school and community. Student's social awareness is limited and caregiver is afraid he could get hurt.

the most important after a day of visiting families and children is the positive outcome to better our children's growth. the hardest part is bring the every member to be part of a meeting to make sure we all are working towards the same goal.
I have learn the importance to connect with every member that participates
  more... in the child's life.  less