Cardinal McCloskey Community Services

Cardinal McCloskey Community Services Employer Reviews

a typical day at work
Part time Psychotherapist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work is rewarding! You will feel like you are really making a difference.
supportive work place
Waiver Service Provider (Part Time) (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexibiility
Cons: rate of pay.
Individual supervision is provided, agency big and remaining in compliance and providing training. Very flexible in terms of scheduling your day which is wonderful for work and home life balance.
Productive and Fun Workplace - Great Employee Benefits!
Quality Management Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2014
I enjoy working at CMCS; the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the children, teenagers, adults and families that we assist, serve and support.
Challenge and enjoyable
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 11, 2013
This WSP, meets with student's educational team met for his annual Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) evaluation. Counselor reported progress and the possibility to move him to 8:1 ratio setting. Counselor will continue working on social and emotional skills targeting behavioral issues with classmates (bullying is still a concern). Speech therapist – more... (ST)) reported having difficulty working with students his age making fun of the more vulnerable ones, Student works well with small children always being a leader. Recommending twice a week; individual and group. Working on his language, social skills during group and bullying issues. Occupational Therapist is working with on his fine motor skills, writing, and coordination, she will continue working on the same goals since he is still having issues with his hand writing. Room teacher reported having difficulty and low tolerance with fractions. There is still the concern with his behavior since he continues making fun of the more vulnerable classmates. There has seen some improvement on homework, but he needs to make an effort and stay in classroom when frustrated.
Caregiver expressed her concerns with safety in school and community. Student's social awareness is limited and caregiver is afraid he could get hurt.

the most important after a day of visiting families and children is the positive outcome to better our children's growth. the hardest part is bring the every member to be part of a meeting to make sure we all are working towards the same goal.
I have learn the importance to connect with every member that participates in the child's life. – less
Supervision
Bridges To Health Health Care Integrator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 9, 2013
I have a great supervisor. I have been employed with Cardinal McCloskey Community Services for 3 years. My work hours are flexible.
Good organization to work for
Health Care Integrator Supervisor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJune 27, 2013
The agency is organized and supportive of their employees. They provide good health benefits and a comprehensive vacation package.
Case Management
Case Management- Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYJune 12, 2013
Pros: i enjoy working with the individuals on my case load.
Cons: compensation does not suite the job requirments
The position includes providing case management for a case load of 38 OPWDD eligible individuals. Some reside in an OPWDD certified IRA and others in state operated residences and at home with family members. I conduct monthly home visits and mandatory ISP review meetings.
A very rewarding job.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYJune 5, 2013
Oversee the day to day operations of 14 programs, 265 staff, 24 managers and 165 clients. The biggest lesson that I have learned working in this agency is having patience. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with so many issues at one time and not really having the support of my co-workers. The thing I enjoy most about my job is helping people – more... with disablities. – less
Learning Experience
Health Care Integrator (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 13, 2013
Pros: accumlated vacation days quickly
Cons: management and politics
Met amazing people who I know will be my friends and family. My coworkers taught me how to do my job to the best of my ability and in that essence made me a great person and employer. Best part of my day was making the best relationships with my clients and seeing a difference that I had made within their lives. But my experience was a good one only – more... because of my clients and close coworkers not the management team, not the politics nor the supervisory line. Those cons made my work experience horrific. – less