Cardinal McCloskey Services Employee Reviews

Very Professional working with homeless population
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 4, 2017
Report to Clinical Director, Dr. Margaret Connelly.
Prepare computerized, confidential reports and work with Westchester Early Intervention Office. Answer and direct phone calls. Schedule appointments for case-workers to visit patients at home.

Participate in group home meetings and assist and serve learning tools.

Difficulty in getting youth to share their concerns.

Getting success in winning the approval of youth/
Nice place to work
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 19, 2017
Helping Adults taking them to appointments
prepare meals
do laundry entertainment
hardest part of the job was when client got confused or when visitors had to leave them.
Loved working and helping clients
Productive and nice place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
The workplace culture was very inviting and everyone worked as a team. I learned a lot about preventive sevices and substance abuse during my employment.
Well Organized Company
Day Habilitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent Place to work in the Human Services Field. Well organized. Managers are readily available for support. Concern with each workers progress and overall job satisfaction.
Pros
Management readily available for support
Cons
Located off the Taconic Parkway
environment
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  North Salem, NYOctober 19, 2015
Overall friendly environment, good work ethic, and empathetic toward employees. I was also able to intern and acquire hours to graduate with my permit as an LMHC.
Great team of professionals to work with.
Health Care Integrator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great community of people working towards a great cause for the individuals and families in the community. Encouraging staff to work with.
give workers with no experience a chance to learn.
Social Work Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2015
This organization has a history with hard work with the children foster care, disabilities or preventive services. I worked there for ten years and I do not regret.
Pros
Opportunity to grow.
Cons
Management needs to be supportive.
Hard work
Parent Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 21, 2015
it was okay working at the company. a lot of hard work and follow up.

if you like working in the field/outside this is the company for you.
professional
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkJune 13, 2015
My employment in the Therapeutic/Family foster care program afforded me the opportunity to work with families towards reunification. The staff and administrative team is professional and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile's on families faces when the family reached the goal of reunification.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
productive and fun place to work.
Sr. Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2015
The company is very inviting and provides a family oriented environment which helps you do your job better. I have been working here for 6 years and have progressed and matured in a very nurturing environment.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Low paying rates.

Want to know more about Cardinal McCloskey Services?

Ask a question
what a great company
Part Time Waiver Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at work started with going to visit with the families on my caseload which was a very exciting time for me. I learned case managing skills
No Comment
Family Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 29, 2014
Nice staff at the individual centers, but the main office was a different story.
Awful
Quality Assurance/Quality Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2014
Worst experience of my life!!! turn over is incredible. No support or communication from hire ups. Every man for themselves.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 27, 2014
Well the experience I had at Cardinal McCloskey was certainly fun, friendly, and productive. A typical day at work for me, well it was to go in and do all the work I had to do and give 100% which I was recognized for and always thanked and appreciated for all the work I do. My co-workers took some getting used to but once that happened we were a family and thats what I love about this company, however as friendly as this company may be they are very unpredictable and will let you go in an instant without letting you know. I was let go with only 2 days notice of finding another job and parents and staff were very upset with the way they were treated being let go. When I was re-hired by this company all the family and friendliness had gone and employers and supervisors no longer cared for their employees. I had to leave this company after 4 years because I was being disrespected and my work was not appreciated. I was taken advantage of with this company. Never again.
Pros
family orientated atmosphere, always room for growth
Cons
short breaks, poor health care, poor dental, unfriendly supervisors
productive work place
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYDecember 4, 2013
Cardinal McCloskey pays well
the give good training
provide on-line training to receive pay raise
Pros
meals
Cons
health care
Good company
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 26, 2013
The company are focused on their clients more than the well being of their staff. There are too many people who are out to get others terminated instead of working as a team
Great environment
Parent Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2013
A typical day at work was busy at all times and very overwhelming at times because of families situation daily needed to be faced. i learned a lot working for Cardinal McCloskey Services specially with clients daily life. i had great coworkers very respectful and always willing to help. it was over all a great environment. one of the hardest part of the job was knowing when families separate and kids enter the foster care system. but there were part of my job that i enjoyed and was when failies recuperate for sake of their children and have a better life for them.
Pros
Always learning because we had to deal with a lot of clients experiences, positive or negative was always a learning process.
Waiver Service Provider
Waiver Servcie Provider (WSP) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2013
I am a highly motivated individual, a team player who work and communicates with others effectively in this capacity by providing services to develop and enhance daily living skills for youths in foster care and being a mentor to the families I worked with. I am also required to deescalate any potential crisis that may arise
Meet great people
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2013
Cardinal McCloskey is a good place to work for. You meet lots of wonderful people who are willing to share their wealth of knowledge. You can learn many different skills at this place.
Pros
Lots of flexiability with work schedule. Lots of room for advancement
Cons
Lack of consistency and no offical training process for incoming staff.
Enhanched direct support professional
Residential Habilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 10, 2013
I work with Autistic young adult, I teach them how to be as independent as possible. The most rewarding part of the of the job is when one of them are able to master a goal that we have been working on. the down side of the job is that they are non- verbal and some times it is hard to know when they are going through feelings of pain and anxiety. I work with an amazing bunch of people that love the individuals we serve and are dedicated to them as well.
Pros
Good benifits, awesome company to work for.
Cons
No breaks and No Tuition reimbursment