Cardinal McCloskey Services Employee Reviews

give workers with no experience a chance to learn.
Social Work Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2015
This organization has a history with hard work with the children foster care, disabilities or preventive services. I worked there for ten years and I do not regret.
Pros
Opportunity to grow.
Cons
Management needs to be supportive.
professional
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkJune 13, 2015
My employment in the Therapeutic/Family foster care program afforded me the opportunity to work with families towards reunification. The staff and administrative team is professional and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile's on families faces when the family reached the goal of reunification.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Great team of professionals to work with.
Health Care Integrator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great community of people working towards a great cause for the individuals and families in the community. Encouraging staff to work with.
environment
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  North Salem, NYOctober 19, 2015
Overall friendly environment, good work ethic, and empathetic toward employees. I was also able to intern and acquire hours to graduate with my permit as an LMHC.
Great environment
Parent Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2013
A typical day at work was busy at all times and very overwhelming at times because of families situation daily needed to be faced. i learned a lot working for Cardinal McCloskey Services specially with clients daily life. i had great coworkers very respectful and always willing to help. it was over all a great environment. one of the hardest part of the job was knowing when families separate and kids enter the foster care system. but there were part of my job that i enjoyed and was when failies recuperate for sake of their children and have a better life for them.
Pros
always learning because we had to deal with a lot of clients experiences, positive or negative was always a learning process.
busy but productive work days
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 19, 2012
working with persons with disabilites in a residential home, workers would prepare consumers for their days by batheing them, feed them breakfast getting them ready for day programs they attend.
often the consumers would have other appointment for the day (doctor, dentist, ect) in which works would have to transport consumers to and from desinations.
after their day consumers get home workers prepare dinner for consumers and play activities till it time to prepare them for bed.
Pros
free meals, use company car while at work
Cons
no scheduled breaks
No support from upper management when requested or when they see that a person is in need of the support.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Bronx officeMay 2, 2012
Most Definitely the most less enjoyable job i have ever had. Management was not supportive although they stressed to hear an opinion of yours during meetings, it became a work environment that was run by a dictator instead of it being a comfortable atmosphere to work in given the difficult work in dealing with these families.
Pros
some of the co-workers
Cons
if u r not in the in crowd then you're over looked
Enhanched direct support professional
Residential Habilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 10, 2013
I work with Autistic young adult, I teach them how to be as independent as possible. The most rewarding part of the of the job is when one of them are able to master a goal that we have been working on. the down side of the job is that they are non- verbal and some times it is hard to know when they are going through feelings of pain and anxiety. I work with an amazing bunch of people that love the individuals we serve and are dedicated to them as well.
Pros
good benifits, awesome company to work for.
Cons
no breaks and no tuition reimbursment
productive and fun place to work.
Sr. Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2015
The company is very inviting and provides a family oriented environment which helps you do your job better. I have been working here for 6 years and have progressed and matured in a very nurturing environment.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
low paying rates.
High Steress environment but fun co workers to be around
Case Mananger (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 10, 2013
Mornings will typically include checking e-mail and missed phone calls. Setting up home visits and keeping appointments for your clients is vital. You may have a parent child visit from 10:00am- until 12:00pm then home visit from 12:30 until 1:00pm then court in Queens family Court from 2:00pm until 5:00pm or whenevere the previous court hearing ends. You 9:00am to 5:00pm can turn into a 8:00am until 10:00pm in a case or two. That would be the hardest part of the job but then if your schedule is clear the next day you can take those extra hours back and come in late the following day. I have learned that if you want something done you have to do it yourself.
Pros
wonderful work environment, very helpful co-workers.
Cons
long unexpected work days, very steressfull environment at times.
Hard work
Parent Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 21, 2015
it was okay working at the company. a lot of hard work and follow up.

if you like working in the field/outside this is the company for you.
Waiver Service Provider
Waiver Servcie Provider (WSP) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2013
I am a highly motivated individual, a team player who work and communicates with others effectively in this capacity by providing services to develop and enhance daily living skills for youths in foster care and being a mentor to the families I worked with. I am also required to deescalate any potential crisis that may arise
Meet great people
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2013
Cardinal McCloskey is a good place to work for. You meet lots of wonderful people who are willing to share their wealth of knowledge. You can learn many different skills at this place.
Pros
lots of flexiability with work schedule. lots of room for advancement
Cons
lack of consistency and no offical training process for incoming staff.
Very Professional Environment, Recommend to anyone who what to be a dedicated Social Worker.
Intake Social Worker - Preventive Department (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 19, 2013
Made very lasting Relationship with Co-workers throughout the years. Must be dedicated to children and families needs.
Pros
room for advance and further your education.
Cons
no comments.
what a great company
Part Time Waiver Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at work started with going to visit with the families on my caseload which was a very exciting time for me. I learned case managing skills
Good company
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 26, 2013
The company are focused on their clients more than the well being of their staff. There are too many people who are out to get others terminated instead of working as a team
Don't do it!
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 13, 2013
No room for promotion. Fired the MSC Supervisor and then expected the one MSC to pick up all the slack with no additional compensation!!
Pros
great clients!!
Cons
ha! too many to list!
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 27, 2014
Well the experience I had at Cardinal McCloskey was certainly fun, friendly, and productive. A typical day at work for me, well it was to go in and do all the work I had to do and give 100% which I was recognized for and always thanked and appreciated for all the work I do. My co-workers took some getting used to but once that happened we were a family and thats what I love about this company, however as friendly as this company may be they are very unpredictable and will let you go in an instant without letting you know. I was let go with only 2 days notice of finding another job and parents and staff were very upset with the way they were treated being let go. When I was re-hired by this company all the family and friendliness had gone and employers and supervisors no longer cared for their employees. I had to leave this company after 4 years because I was being disrespected and my work was not appreciated. I was taken advantage of with this company. Never again.
Pros
family orientated atmosphere, always room for growth
Cons
short breaks, poor health care, poor dental, unfriendly supervisors
Awful
Quality Assurance/Quality Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2014
Worst experience of my life!!! turn over is incredible. No support or communication from hire ups. Every man for themselves.
productive work place
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYDecember 4, 2013
Cardinal McCloskey pays well
the give good training
provide on-line training to receive pay raise
Pros
meals
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal McCloskey Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9