Cardinal Services Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work!
DSP, House Manager, Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 18, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work. There is room for advancement, unbelievable benefits, a fun work environment, and work that makes life better for so many people in my community.

The job can be stressful at times, but no more than any other job in a health or social services field would be elsewhere. With a general staff shortage in this field nationwide it can leave every employee from the top down stretched thin at times.

Cardinal also sets aside time every year for the CEO to meet with every employee to talk about their jobs and what they need. I have personally seen changes within the company as a result of feedback gathered from these meetings.

I love my job!
Pros
Benefits, room to advance, meaningful work
Cons
stressful at times (like any other healthcare related job)
Former Head Start Teacher
Former Head Start Teacher (Former Employee) –  811 S. Buffalo StJuly 27, 2017
Learned a lot from Head Start. I miss the job the terribly. It has helped me in my new job. But still miss it and would go back in a heart beat! I loved the children, staff and families.
Politics
Head Start Teacher (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 5, 2017
Loved the job and what I did there. The problem was the managers. If they didnt like you then you were in for a hard year. Not all of them.. Great parents.. Kids!!
Pros
Great familes
Cons
Low pay
Temp agency
Financial Analyst/ Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 1, 2017
Worked as a Financial Analyst/ Bookkeeper for a small business.
Learned Quickbooks Pro and financial reporting/ analysis.
Management helps to find local positions suited to my experience.
Hardest part was the job security.
Enjoyed working with small businesses in the area.
Pros
Works to find local positions suited to my needs
Cons
Little to no job security
very stressful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 20, 2017
very stressful, management does not listen to the dsp and their views. Not fair over time, the employees in the main building do not have to work overtime as the employees in residential and community living are so over worked its getting to be a health risk.
Caring management
DSP (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJanuary 19, 2017
The staff here is amazing. They treat each other like family. If there is something going on and you need some one to cover your shift, they will. They benefits are ok. The pay is low. But over all a great company
Great company to work with
Receptionist / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Helens, ORDecember 15, 2016
Has good contacts in the employment industry, good at matching applicants with various openings using the skill-set information applicants provide. Excellent wages.
Pros
Good job matches
Cons
Generally not long-term positions
Horrible people
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 13, 2016
Would not hire me because of a misdemeanor owi in 2007. Unbelievable! Do no shipper a closed minded company like this. To only pay $9 an hour to care for others is criminal. I feel sorry for the clients and the staff. They are monsters!!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many to list
My story
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 12, 2016
I would pick my clients up from Day Services and either go home and eat or sometimes go out to eat, go to the park on a picnic and walk. At home they would take meds and relax before their shower. We would work on their goals, play games or watch tv before having a snack and getting ready for bed.
I learned to be patient, understanding and listen to there concerns.
Most direct leaders were good, but upper management not so much. They were unfair at times, showed favoritism, communication was bad and very seldom showed any appreciation for our work and hours that some of us put in weekly.
My co-workers were great we all got along and worked as a team to get things done.
Hardest part of the job was working 2 shifts straight with no sleep, when any of my clients were sick and when they would argue about what we were going to do whether it be where we would eat or what activity we would do. The enjoyable part is seeing a smile on their face or getting a hug for no reason, and the joy when they accomplished something on their own!
Pros
health ins, free clinic, breaks, yearly bonus
Cons
favortism, communication, pay, short of help
DSP / Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INDecember 1, 2015
I love working for Cardinal. They are a very caring company and work very hard to maintain a positive working environment.
Pros
Working with the consumers.
Cons
Managers work way too many hours.
workplace
Apartment maintainer (Former Employee) –  roseburg ,oregonOctober 23, 2015
I worked with a great group of guys. they all had a great personally and was willing to train new people on the job at hand .we always had what we needed to do the job right an on time
Pros
i liked thecrew i worked with
worst decision of my life
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 13, 2015
I worked here for 2 months. In that time I was yelled at for not doing the job right and was put down daily and when I told the boss she just said I can't get along with people. Then I was getting 70 or more hours a week then told I need to pick up more overtime. And if I didn't they would sign me up and write me up if I didn't do it.
Pros
Cons
horrible people to work for
Love this Job
Direct Service Person (Former Employee) –  Bremen, INAugust 22, 2015
Enjoyed the learning and growing that came from this job. This job offers a different outlook on people with disabilities. Extremely rewarding watching the consumers learn and complete goals.
Pros
rewarding, great options with hours
Cons
politics
flexible schedule
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 24, 2015
As a PRN, I was able to finish my college degree while still working to support my family. Cardinal Services was a great company to work for!
Great workplace!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Plymouth,INFebruary 27, 2015
Awesome company that does well in teaching the clients the daily needs they need to know and understand. Company is very consistent on their work.
Working with the clients.
Direct support Professional (Current Employee) –  logansport, inFebruary 3, 2015
Working with the clients is fun, but can be challenging at times. Some of the clients don't speak, so I have to try to them to tell me by pointing or by sign language.
Pros
working with the clients, and other staff
benefits
Recruiting company
Administrative/Accounting Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Helens, ORMarch 4, 2014
They found me a position within the first week of being there.
Productive and fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bremen, INJanuary 28, 2014
VEry fun work atmosphere. Loved working with the residents.
my favorite job to date
OBRA Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJanuary 14, 2014
i loved working for cardinal. sadly due to the economy my position was terminated. very rewarding
Very friendly working environment
Direct Support Perfesional (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 4, 2013
Loved working for the company. Great coworkers and not to mention the great friendship I developed with the clients and co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Services. Our community is ready to answer.