Cardinal Employee Reviews

Productive and very stressed
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91761September 21, 2017
No good communication with HR, management is bad they don't want new opinions and they are verbally rude. Management don't know and they don't want to have people with experience to train new employees.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work if you like working independent
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Cardinal health was overall a decent place to work as the hours and pay was really good. The execution part could improve as well as the technology they used.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of workers
Stressful place with poor leadership
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2017
The mangement has done some questionable things to get rid of some of the employees they do not like. There is one employee in particular that has been there 20 years and she treats people horribly, but because she is the supervisors mother, she gets away with it. Thats another problem there, nepotism. It should not be allowed. The leadership is either over bearing or never there at all, and not the most mature supervisors. A lot of people there were very unhappy with their jobs - the job itself was easy, but bad people make it worse. I wasnt there long and do not recommend working there.
Pros
19 days PTO, free coffee/tea
Cons
immature leadership, nepotism
If you really, really have a need for a paycheck; apply with Cardinal Healthcare. Don't expect major advancements.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Cardinal Healthcare makes billions in revenue but don't value their employees the way most would think a Fortune 500 company would. Career advancement is limited to a very select few who have the right connections without adequate job knowledge. Very clique oriented environment with very little racial diversity in management.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Lack empathy for employees well-being and advancement.
Long hours with minimal breaks
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2017
Management is not always on the same page. Long hours due to a lot of change in the warehouse. Short staffed and warehouse has a lot of turn over. Benefits package is great.
Productive company
Driver CDL-A DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSMay 16, 2017
It was a fun and productive place to work. Honest and reasonable management. Hard working people, open, caring, and very down to earth. Very watchful and safety oriented company
Pros
Excellent work place
Cons
Trucks breaking down
nice people fast pace not bad for first real job
Tree Cutter (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMarch 5, 2017
hard worker, fast ,show up every day ready to work an on time ,,,never called in to work only took extra shift like stocking the truck at 4 am before school ,,,then coming back right after school on Tuesdays an Fridays
Pros
the hours an school worked
Cons
my cloths from the dish pit
a typical job
cardinal building maintenance (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2017
its a good job i am looking for better hours and benefits. the supervisors are good to work with. I like the job because i get to work by myself sometimes.
Dont know what they are doing
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2016
Good property to work on but poor management always are lost never keep you updated always wait untill the city fine us so then they can fix the stuff and theres always no budged
Great company
App Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2016
One of best companies to work for in Charlotte NC. Many opportunities to learn. Great co workers. And as long as you get an interesting project everything is set.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Staff Augmentation project
Exciting place to work
Petsmart Charities Rescue Waggin Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 3, 2016
Good place to work for. Great pay and benefits and good management. Hardest part of the job is the always changing work schedule.
very good place to work
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Schuylkill Haven, PAJune 23, 2016
great place to work the hourly wage could have been a bit higher for the amount of work I had to perform. how ever the amount of benefits where better then most jobs
Pros
benifits
Cons
no overtime
Productive work place
Travel Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VA & New York cityMarch 18, 2016
Always busy and multi tasking, had fun co workers expect for a couple of bad apples that I ignored. Did a lot of 10 - 12 hours days which was the hardest part because I had no home life. I'm a people person so I enjoy working with our clients and vendors, made a lot of life long friends. Overall I learned a lot about working with different personalities and got more educated on the corporate world and all of it's nuisances.
Pros
Never stop learning, love being busy in team environment
Cons
commute, traffic
School Bus Driver
First Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2016
A typical day is scheduled the job the day start with examining the bus before utilizing. The next step is leaving the facility and staying on schedule with everyday traffic on the commute to the first to last pick up and drop off. What I learned is how to maintain compassion for all people handicap they are people that need to be treated with a great deal of understanding and care. Management was ok but we had no union to keep things organized. My co-workers work independently so it was hard to work as at team.
The hardest part was it was a dead end temp job meaning when the kids are out you are off and may have to file for unemployment at vacation times. I enjoyed the relationships with the children and parents along with my route. It was a great job until I was able to find my career goals to be obtained for the future. The pay was great also.
Pros
Split Shift, Working with disabled children
Cons
4HR Breaks, great pay
Great company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2016
Cardinal is a rapidly growing company that keep up to date with trends to stay on top of their game. Organization and communication is their strong point.
Productive well managed factory
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Schuylkill Haven, PAMarch 2, 2016
On the job i was trained on a forklift and learned how to better manage my time to do the scheduled job with more than enough time to account for unexpected rush orders. The workers are friendly and experienced at what they do.
Good Paying Job With Flexible Hours
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 19, 2016
Cardinal has been a good job for me as I am a college student and I only have time to work part time. I enjoy the flexible schedule as I am a family oriented person and they come first in my life, so I often have to flex my schedule in order to make time for them. I've learned to be a good team player at this job. Even though my role is only that of a custodian, I frequently have to cover for my coworkers and assist them in what they are doing. I have had to teach and train in how to operate machinery and this has moderately improved my leadership skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to work on a project with my hands. I like to work with my hands in a way that is mentally stimulating. I enjoy problem solving and learning how to fix things. Occasionally I have to do this with my job by fixing machinery and I would say those are the days I enjoy the most.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay, relaxed work environment
Cons
repetitve work, mind numbing tasks
It's a job . like working with others .
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Northwood,OhioFebruary 1, 2016
Founding out what I had to do and getting setup so I can do so . Know matter what comes my way I can do all things if I put my mine to it . Don't mess with it cause it's not my job and the people in management are big headed . For co-workers they don't even matter as long as they do they job and don't mess mines up . It's about my life and they don't pay my bills or do nothing for me or mines . Dealing with irritant people . Getting it done in time to perfect satisfaction .
learning experience.
dsp 1 (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 18, 2016
fill out paper work on 10 individuals, kept progress notes, kept track of work time and the job the individual was doing. filled out pay sheets.
Management Counts in this Community
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 14, 2015
Upon working for Cardinal Center Services, I have discovered what it is like to truly care for the individuals you work for. Not only do these individuals need support in their activities of daily living, but they also require warm, loving staff to engage fully in life. The management in this company makes this a reality by hiring only those with a genuine outlook on services for people with disabilities. My position in this company required just that. Being met and equipped with all the tools necessary to help optimize this environment to the best of my ability, my manager always went the extra mile to support me and those I served.