CardioVascular Centers (CVC), based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is the leading provider of early cardiovascular disease detection and prevention services designed to measure cardiovascular disease markers, not just risk factors. CVC determines whether early disease is present and whether treatment to slow its progression is needed. This means everyone can be tested regardless of age, stage of life or disease progression.
CVC is looking for a Medical Technician to deliver cardiovascular disease screening tests and other clinical duties, with an emphasis on customer service and accuracy.
The position would be working out of CVC's downtown Minneapolis location called HeartSavers and involves a schedule of daytime hours, working full-time, Monday through Friday. Some duties will be off-site at other screening locations. This is a salaried, full-time position with benefits.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to learn and perform cardiovascular screening tests, including blood pressure measurements, artery elasticity measurements, and other similar tests as needed
- Phlebotomy training and experience. Ability to obtain laboratory specimens for processing and perform other testing in a professional manner and to ensure quality results in accordance with regulatory and accreditation standards
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure a safe, private, and informative customer experience
- Assist and manage the registration process via telephone, Internet, and customers coming into the clinic
- Be able to work with PC’s and tablets for customer registration, payment collection, entry of test data, and other tasks as requested
- Work in conjunction with the Nurse Practitioner and Medical Director to assist in the recruitment and training of other technicians and support staff
- Ability to be a self-starter with minimal direct supervision, have common sense, and takes pride in his/her work
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task
- Graduate of an accredited school or formal medical training program
- Phlebotomy certification
- Experience of at least 1 year in the healthcare industry
- Blood pressure measurement, training and experience
- Experience using medical equipment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds